Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan (789 Views)

Kaduna, Warri, Port Harcourt Refineries Now Produce 6.7m Litres Of Fuel Daily / Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? / Democracy Day: Jonathan’s First Year Report - Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by niyisky: 4:10pm On May 03, 2013
In January last year, I had cause to brief our nation on my determination to sanitize the oil industry in order that it would be run in a most businesslike manner such that Nigeria receives value for her God given resources and investments. I had earlier taken strong action with regard to the power sector. The goal was to arrive at the destination of self-sufficiency where waste and inefficiency is eliminated and electricity is available to meet the needs of our citizens.

I have received briefings that previously closed petroleum depots have been reopened or are about to be reopened nationwide and as at today, our domestic refining capacity has peaked at over 10 million liters per day which is our highest level in decades. Nigeria is now is on the road to meeting her fuel consumption needs domestically. Simultaneously, I have also received encouraging reports on the progress made in bringing suspects found wanting during the fuel subsidy probe to book and in accordance with the rule of law.

Two weeks ago, I hosted the Presidential Power Reform Transactions Signing Ceremony. The five power generation companies that emerged successful in the bidding process of the privatization of the sector received their certificates and are set to run their companies in a way as to guarantee electricity for domestic and industrial use even as the world is celebrating the transparent bidding process that culminated in the signing.

I want to assure you my friends on facebook that we shall put the darkness of these past decades behind us in no distant time. We shall only keep a forward movement in the critical sectors of our economy and may Almighty God help us all. GEJ

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 03, 2013
A welcome development,The Transformation is on,Slow and steady...
Despite all the lies perpetuated by Tinubu,Buhari and Co so as to give u and your administration a bad image,'we' the majority know that you are a Good leader as your name implies.More grease to ur elbow!
Back to critics in and out of NL;What do you have to say?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by kutchs: 5:11pm On May 03, 2013
The truth is that hate and bigotry has blinded some pple to the silent, slow and steady achievements of the GEJ government. Jonathan may not have fulfilled all his campaign promises but then isn‘t there time to do that?
For so long I have wondered what‘s responsible for the steady fuel supply we‘ve been enjoying of late little did I know our refineries are back.
Kudos GEJ, kudos DAM, kudos NNPC.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by toshacer: 5:21pm On May 03, 2013
The ACN labradors will soon take over this thread calling the story a fluke.
Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by Goddex: 7:00pm On May 03, 2013
Liar Muhammed and his gangs of liars have lost it because Nigerians are gradually knowing the truth after being hoodwinked by opposition deceptive propaganda for sometime now.
Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by zibe(m): 7:14pm On May 03, 2013
While this is commendable if true, It's not by producing 10million Litters of petrol. We need to feel the effects of such additional income in our economy. The only effects will likely be in you and you co-horts' pockets. I pray to be proved wrong.
Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by billante(m): 8:53pm On May 03, 2013
Fresh Air Wick epidemic taking over d nation grin
Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by OmoTier1(m): 9:08pm On May 03, 2013
Come and join me sing hallelujah, Nigeria now produce 10million LITTERS of petrol per day yet SUBSIDY FRAUD is still on going on a massive scale undecided
Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by solopumpy227: 10:14pm On May 03, 2013
Dike Chimezie: A welcome development,The Transformation is on,Slow and steady...
Despite all the lies perpetuated by Tinubu,Buhari and Co so as to give u and your administration a bad image,'we' the majority know that you are a Good leader as your name implies.More grease to ur elbow!
Back to critics in and out of NL;What do you have to say?
kutchs: The truth is that hate and bigotry has blinded some pple to the silent, slow and steady achievements of the GEJ government. Jonathan may not have fulfilled all his campaign promises but then isn‘t there time to do that?
For so long I have wondered what‘s responsible for the steady fuel supply we‘ve been enjoying of late little did I know our refineries are back.
kutchs: The truth is that hate and bigotry has blinded some pple to the silent, slow and steady achievements of the GEJ government. Jonathan may not have fulfilled all his campaign promises but then isn‘t there time to do that?
tosh_acer: The ACN labradors will soon take over this thread calling the story a fluke.
Goddex: Liar Muhammed and his gangs of liars have lost it because Nigerians are gradually knowing the truth after being hoodwinked by opposition deceptive propaganda for sometime now.

I hope all of you are not typing from the same room.
You guys should get something straight. The fact that people criticize President Jonathan's Govt does not, automatically, mean they support ACN/CPC/APC or Oppositions.

The President Jonathan led PDP FG actions and words have been trusted in the past but the government has consistently dissapointed us.

No reasonable and serious citizen will believe any reports or statement coming from this FG government again until they become physically verifiable or when impacts are felt in the polity.

You cannot lie to me several times and still believe you can earn my trust on a platter of gold.

Until we see the subsidy thieves sentenced or purnished by court of law everthing from the stable of Aso Rock na wash. Afterall Ribadu has proven to us how possible it is to prosecute and get purnishment for law breakers if one is serious about it.

Ok our production has increased bah (ok let me pretend to believe this news)? Please what does this mean to a common man like me? Does it mean in few months time the price I am buying petroleum products will dip? Does it mean now government can assure the renovation of Benin-Ore Road will be completed before this year runs out?

We have heard about too many Billions being stolen uncontrollably by the closest pals to this Presidency and the only believable news from this govt now are the ones that we can see, touch, feel and enjoy in our lifetimes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by awodman: 10:23pm On May 03, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Come and join me sing hallelujah, Nigeria now produce 10million LITTERS of petrol per day yet SUBSIDY FRAUD is still on going on a massive scale undecided
Lol..look for something else to say..Subsidy payments have now been tightened up and the payment procedure is now very strigent
Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by tomakint: 10:37pm On May 03, 2013
He is a weakling, retardeen, Jonathan so the ACN, APC goons labelled him and now the one they love to hate had scored another FIRST in the history of oil exploration in this country! Goodluck Jonathan may your time as the President continue to haunt the spirits of your detractors as you keep marching on with your superlative performances in all spheres! Nigeria shall flourish again and when d time comes if God wills, I will vote again for JONATHAN cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 03, 2013
solopumpy227:

I hope all of you are not typing from the same room.
You guys should get something straight. The fact that people criticize President Jonathan's Govt does not, automatically, mean they support ACN/CPC/APC or Oppositions.

The President Jonathan led PDP FG actions and words have been trusted in the past but the government has consistently dissapointed us.

No reasonable and serious citizen will believe any reports or statement coming from this FG government again until they become physically verifiable or when impacts are felt in the polity.

You cannot lie to me several times and still believe you can earn my trust on a platter of gold.

Until we see the subsidy thieves sentenced or purnished by court of law everthing from the stable of Aso Rock na wash. Afterall Ribadu has proven to us how possible it is to prosecute and get purnishment for law breakers if one is serious about it.

Ok our production has increased bah (ok let me pretend to believe this news)? Please what does this mean to a common man like me? Does it mean in few months time the price I am buying petroleum products will dip? Does it mean now government can assure the renovation of Benin-Ore Road will be completed before this year runs out?

We have heard about too many Billions being stolen uncontrollably by the closest pals to this Presidency and the only believable news from this govt now are the ones that we can see, touch, feel and enjoy in our lifetimes.

The implications of increased local refining capacity are as follows:

1 Better distribution and product availability. In fact, this is the most important. If you reside in Nig you would have noticed that fuel is now readily available at govt approved price. The issue of some filling station selling at N10 or N20 or even more above govt approved price of N97 is now minimal. Also very important is increased availability of kerosine which is used mostly by the poor.

2 Reduced importation, reduced subsidy payments and reduced capital flight.

3 Bye products from the refineries will feed local industries, eg textile industries, with needed raw materials. When the refineries pack up, most industries experience untold hardship in sourcing these raw materials

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by automaticcarzz: 11:39pm On May 03, 2013
tomakint: He is a weakling, retardeen, Jonathan so the ACN, APC goons labelled him and now the one they love to hate had scored another FIRST in the history of oil exploration in this country! Goodluck Jonathan may your time as the President continue to haunt the spirits of your detractors as you keep marching on with your superlative performances in all spheres! Nigeria shall flourish again and when d time comes if God wills, I will vote again for JONATHAN cool

May God work on your life the same way Jonathan is working on Nigeria's affairs. Amen!
Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by Nobody: 1:28am On May 04, 2013
*DO NOT DISTURB*

# Busy with Toke Makinwa#
Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by solopumpy227: 8:10am On May 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The implications of increased local refining capacity are as follows:

1 Better distribution and product availability. In fact, this is the most important. If you reside in Nig you would have noticed that fuel is now readily available at govt approved price. The issue of some filling station selling at N10 or N20 or even more above govt approved price of N97 is now minimal. Also very important is increased availability of kerosine which is used mostly by the poor.

2 Reduced importation, reduced subsidy payments and reduced capital flight.

3 Bye products from the refineries will feed local industries, eg textile industries, with needed raw materials. When the refineries pack up, most industries experience untold hardship in sourcing these raw materials

Good job Egbon mi. Even though I believe you are Reno that works for the FG I still cannot take your statements as official stands of the FG.

You see why many of us are calling President Jonathan to task is because we started following him as the new (shoeless) kid-in-town who hopefully will become a complete departure from the way things were done in the past.

From his struggle with Turai and the crew, through his stand-off against IBB,Atiku and other Northern Elders we still stood by him and listened to him. Somehow I always remember everything he promised on his campaign tours, rallies and visits. This is where MY OWN PROBLEM WITH HIM LIES.I BELIEVED ALL HIS PROMISES THEN. Now that an overwhelming number of Nigerians are dissapointed because he does not seem to be working towards keeping his campain promises dont you think its time for him to sit-up and change method for effective service delivery.

I want to hear all the possible gains you have listed, officially, from the President or a delegated authority and put it in my Diary. We want him to come out and beat his chest with (facts, figures, and time-line attached) this supposed achievement by his Government will bring these gains

Please also remember we are still waiting for the subsidy thieves to be purnished so that we can start ignoring the calls by the likes of Britain and Amerian claiming our Government is too corrupt.
Re: Nigeria Now Produce Ten Million Litters Of Petrol Per Day. Jonathan by baynix(m): 8:39am On May 04, 2013
Pump Price Is 115 Naira Here In My Village!! undecided undecided So Wha's The Biggy In Ds Yeye News??

(1) (Reply)

Press Release Re: It’s War If Jonathan Is Not Re-elected In 2015 / Diamond Bank MD Alex Otti Declares For Abia Governorship / Jonathan’s Dinner Brings Amaechi To Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.