Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

How To Burn Fat And Build Muscle - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Burn Fat And Build Muscle (1758 Views)

Tyler Perry Has This To Say To Fat And Unhealthy People. / 20 Bizarre Ways To Burn Calories / How Do My Fiance Burn Fat In Belly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Burn Fat And Build Muscle by steve10(m): 9:25pm On May 03, 2013
I want pros in the house to help me with some tips on how I can burn tummy ,face and arm fat and build muscle. each time I go to the gym, there is no one to put me through and
I lack what to do and I discovered I don't even have the required strength to gym.
Re: How To Burn Fat And Build Muscle by uzoo: 9:19pm On May 04, 2013
first off,

to build muscles you have to lose fat, and to do this you have to

calculate how many calories you need daily and then stick to that or less than that before working out to build muscles.

No crazy diet...for instance

if you are weighing 87 kg as a male and daily calorie intake is say..1800 or 2000 calories, to lose fat you have to eat foods daily that will add up to less than the calories mentioned. once you have done that , then you can now begin to work out in the gym to help you lose the fat stored in your body .

i would suggest you start a beginners level on the tread mill .. say you do interval training on the tread mill that is ( 2 mins moderate jogging and 1 min brisk walk ) do this or 30 mins and watch how many calories you have burnt and kilomettres covered on the screen of the tread mill.

after the 30 mins tread mill , you can then move on to other equipments like the ab cruncher, stationary bicyle,etc. dedicate 20 mins each on them.

Now for muscle building , you will need to use weights ,dumb bells ,( 4kg , 5,kg, 7 kg depending on your resistance)
muscle building requires you to get a pro trainer in the gym who will ensure you are working the right muscles in your body.

ok , i know i said no crazy diets but to lose weight you have to get rid of processed food and drinks from your life! use these tips on what to eat and what to avoid.

Garri,Fufu,Ground rice - replace with Wheat ( if you like your eba and stew)
Yams - eat less of it
White rice -- replace with brown rice
white bread - Wholewheat bread
pastries, burgers etc --- replace with fruits, apples, bananas,pineapples, oranges, carrots etc

Drinks

Beer - replace with these. Soy drink, lots of water,skimmed milk,smoothie

the bottom line is just to eat healthy and work out 3- 5 times a week.

1 Like

Re: How To Burn Fat And Build Muscle by billyG(m): 2:33am On May 19, 2013
To loss fat & build muscle yu hav to reduce yur calorie in take in food yu eat infact yur eba shld not be bigger than yur fist,wedge d rest with vegetables,fruits & salads,avoid sugar,flour products(puff puff,buns,white bread,magarines or butter,meat without fat.
then yur hav to exercise like running ,jogging,skipping.
.To build muscle you hav to lift weigh like dumb bell,bar bell,do push up,etc till yu feel muscle soreness.
Note: NO Pain! NO Gain!
And eat more proteinous food like Beans,chicken,eggs,meat,fish,milk,soybean,peanuts eat MORE Protein than carbohydrate & fat,divide yur 3 square meal into 5 portions 4 easy utilisation b your body.
Note:yu dont build muscle in the gym yu build muscle when @ rest & from proteinous diet eaten,yu need atleast 8hrs of sleep after workout & feeding.
Another way to go about lossing weigh & building muscle is to first lift heavy weights & eating a lot of protein like no tomorrow to bulk up,after bulking up,then start to reduce yur calorific intake i;e burn more calorie than yu takein via exercise yu will begin to melt d fat in yur body ,yur contour will begin to show.
Re: How To Burn Fat And Build Muscle by Jamesqu(m): 5:37am On May 21, 2013
First of all, u must be determined and disciplined. Otherwise, u'll never lose jack and build jill.

Secondly, the three square meals a day is a big lie. No one needs that much food except u have a highly physical job such as wood felling, bricklaying or truck offloading etc. ALWAYS have breakfast and that's it for the day. Your breakfast however should not be 5 wraps of starch and no meat, eat quality food and always make the protein 5 times more than the carbs...if u can avoid carbohydrates completely, try.

For the rest of the day, stop those useless snacks...chin-chin, cakes, pastries, chips etc. Ask someone to go buy a full size pawpaw or pine apple and take that. Stock high on apples too. Stop all fried and flour products for now.

Thirdly, the threadmill is not a magic equipment, start walking...breaktime at work, take a walk in the sun, yes u will sweat and all, but you'll get air-con when u get back...gradually increase you walks on a daily basis...whne u get back and feel pangs of hunger, attack the water dispenser, drink till you pee!

Finally, take two days of the week when you won't take any food, just liquids...- didn't say liquor o...liquids such as water, 0% concentrate juice, no fizzy drinks (minerals)....trust me you won't die. If Jesus can do 40 days and Muhammed 30 days, 2 days a week won't kill you...-'ll go for Sunday and Thursday if I were u.

Best of luck...PS:I lost 20kg in 4 weeks with this routine!
Re: How To Burn Fat And Build Muscle by yemibabe4(f): 10:01pm On May 22, 2013
@ steve10..I used SKINNY FIBER to lose weight which started working from my waistline/tummy area before extending to the whole body including a more slimmer face.Just take 3 caps 30mins b4 breakfast and lunch. i dropped 2 dress sizes in less than 60days weighing 71kg from 89kg. Call the seller 2348128130440 to order.. I also drink an average of 8 glasses of water daily and also reduce food portions ,lots of fruits and vegetables.

(1) (Reply)

Nengi Okpokiri Has Both Lung & Kidney Cancer / Mad Man Kissing Mad Woman PHOTOS / Am Having Difficulty In Breathing At Night While Lying Down.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.