Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828853 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
ferdimako:
Which other clarity, guy? Value of stocks isn't stable...so may not fly. Sell or fund an account and use d statement. Pple sell their houses & land to fund an account. U can fix an account.

The stock is already being sold. What i have is a cash balance. So there is no situation whether there is a rise or fall of stock value. If a stockbroking cant issue that, then the cash can be moved to my bank account. Because, i dont have a juicy 1 month balance statement let a lone 3-6 months, therefore fixing the cash in FD or the bank issue a Bank certificate (not statement) that reads your current balance will be my other options.

If am to use a bank certificate having those words posted, is it a good option to be considered for POF?

I hope i rephrased my question.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
unibadan:

The stock is already being sold. What i have is a cash balance. So there is no situation whether there is a rise or fall of stock value. If a stockbroking cant issue that, then the cash can be moved to my bank account. Because, i dont have a juicy 1 month balance statement let a lone 3-6 months, therefore fixing the cash in FD or the bank issue a Bank certificate (not statement) that reads your current balance will be my other options.

If am to use a bank certificate having those words posted, is it a good option to be considered for POF?

I hope i rephrased my question.
Either u fix the money and print d follow-ups as proof of fund or u deposit it in ur current or savings account. If they ask u, I sold my shares. Finish but if u have made up ur mind...taatadaa!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
ferdimako:
Which other clarity, guy? Value of stocks isn't stable...so may not fly. Sell or fund an account and use d statement. Pple sell their houses & land to fund an account. U can fix an account.
If a bank issues this ....it is called bank certificate or bank letter ........this is acceptable as a proof of fund at the submission stage even though Accra visa office will request statement Of account as an update when they issue medical request.
The bank certificate will have your name,account details,amount in your account as of the day it's been issued ,letter head paper of the bank,signature of manager and stamp.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
damkollins:
If a bank issues this ....it is called bank certificate or bank letter ........this is acceptable as a proof of fund at the submission stage even though Accra visa office will request statement Of account as an update when they issue medical request.
The bank certificate will have your name,account details,amount in your account as of the day it's been issued ,letter head paper of the bank,signature of manager and stamp.
Cheers
Okay...let him submit that. It appears u can enclose anything while getting ready with d real deal for Accra.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello house,
I just got a debit alert on my account today after CIC received my application on 26th May.
Thanks to Solomonwise and others who contributed to the smooth application process.
I know I should keep my fingers crossed now while I watch & pray.
Thanks guys!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
hello all,
am most grateful to see thi thread cos its exactly what am looking for at the moment.
am just wedded and wana process the application but need proper guidelines. my questions are
do i need to do the certificate assessment for both of us.
do i need to do the translation for my uk masters.
at what point do i need the medicals and police stuff.
any other advice wud be awesome.
thanks alllll
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
DoubleBam2X: Hello house,
I just got a debit alert on my account today after CIC received my application on 26th May.
Thanks to Solomonwise and others who contributed to the smooth application process.
Thanks guys!
Congrats ....
You should get your PERS email before the end of the month.
Once again.....Congrats .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
hello,
please can u give me guildlibes and steps to follow in making my applications.
i will appreciate your help.
thanks
Thanks guys!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thanks guys!
Did u use our debit card? If so, Meritl could use that. Congratulations! Which NOC?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
damkollins:
Congrats ....
You should get your PERS email before the end of the month.
Once again.....Congrats .
Cheers
Thanks dude
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2014
bal2012002: hello,
thanks
Hi,
Let me know the level you are presently.
Also, it suffice to say without any hesitation that taking time out to read through the thread in this forum will be beneficial to you.
I wish you the best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
ferdimako:
Did u use our debit card? If so, Meritl could use that. Congratulations! Which NOC?
I used my UBA debit card - MasterCard.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
bal2012002: hello all,
am most grateful to see thi thread cos its exactly what am looking for at the moment.
am just wedded and wana process the application but need proper guidelines. my questions are
do i need to do the certificate assessment for both of us.
do i need to do the translation for my uk masters.
at what point do i need the medicals and police stuff.
any other advice wud be awesome.
thanks alllll
Congrats on your newly changed status ....accept my belated wishes for a happy married life.
Firstly ...you need to be sure you're eligible to apply.......and be sure the minimum 67 points is within your reach.
The link below will help you with basic info...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp
There are 2 critical paths in this application process
1.You will need to evaluate your UK masters certificate via www.wes.org......yours should be faster coz it's UK.
2.Register for IELTS general version .
You do not need medicals at this stage while PCC is not mandatory now.
After getting those critical paths in place....the rest is simple and can be asked here.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
ferdimako:
NOC is 2131
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
DoubleBam2X:
NOC is 2131
All d best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
DoubleBam2X:
I used my UBA debit card - MasterCard.
Thanks
Just like that...no online activation, right?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 8:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
ferdimako:
Just like that...no online activation, right?
Yeah.........that simple. Although, I made inquiries at the bank and was told that all MasterCard are automatically activated for online transactions.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
DoubleBam2X:
Yiieah.........that simple. Although, I made inquiries at the bank and was told that all MasterCard are automatically activated for online transactions.
OK....good.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 9:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
am so grateful for ur response but sorry to border u again. my wife has a bsc from oau. do we need d wes fir her also?
thanks
damkollins:
Congrats on your newly changed status ....accept my belated wishes for a happy married life.
Firstly ...you need to be sure you're eligible to apply.......and be sure the minimum 67 points is within your reach.
The link below will help you with basic info...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp
There are 2 critical paths in this application process
1.You will need to evaluate your UK masters certificate via www.wes.org......yours should be faster coz it's UK.
2.Register for IELTS general version .
You do not need medicals at this stage while PCC is not mandatory now.
After getting those critical paths in place....the rest is simple and can be asked here.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 9:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
ferdimako:
Are u one? Smh.
Why you dey shake head?
beaurydoc: Pls is Dere any doctor that has applied I need to know how to go about the ECA pls anyone that has gone through the process should pls share.
From CIC website, it is through the Medical council of Canada. Go to their website for further instruction or via cic website, you will see the link. Never say never, start up the process and kip hope alive, though time consuming, I think about 105days for Nigeria
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
bal2012002: am so grateful for ur response but sorry to border u again. my wife has a bsc from oau. do we need d wes fir her also?
thanks
Since you are the principal applicant and your wife been a dependant in your application process,her education certificate does not need to be evaluated for this purpose.
For now ,only your degree evaluation is what is needed.........leave Wifey degree evaluation out.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
evaluating my naija bsc and uk msc; am i gonna pay double? also pls wats d safest means to pay.
i plan registring for ielts and wes by d end of the month.
hope am not bugging too much sha. thanks
damkollins:
Since you are the principal applicant and your wife been a dependant in your application process,her education certificate does not need to be evaluated for this purpose.
For now ,only your degree evaluation is what is needed.........leave Wifey degree evaluation out.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
[quote author=Ekpekus1]
Why you dey shake head?

From CIC website, it is through the Medical council of Canada. Go to their website for further instruction or via cic website, you will see the link. Never say never, start up the process and kip hope alive, though time consuming, I think about 105days for Nigeria[/
quote]
U can shake urs!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
bal2012002: evaluating my naija bsc and uk msc; am i gonna pay double? also pls wats d safest means to pay.
i plan registring for ielts and wes by d end of the month.
hope am not bugging too much sha. thanks
Which profession are you applying for?
Because of the limited time that you have,i will advise you to only evaluate your UK masters even though the same cost will be used for both unless you are sure that your Nigerian school won't delay the total evaluation .Basically.....you can add your Bsc degree later for evaluation at no additional cost.
You can use your Nigerian debit or credit card to pay......make sure you pick evaluation for FSW on their website and not the normal one .....I'm referring to WES .
I also hope you know you have to manadate your UK school to send your transcripts to WES while you will also send photocopy of your degree certificate to WES too.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 11:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
am applying for geoscientist position.
my bsc is geology while msc is petroleum technology.
wont there be issues if i use only the msc?
also pls should i wait for the jan 2015 newprocess or continue with my plans for this.
cheers
damkollins:
Which profession are you applying for?
Because of the limited time that you have,i will advise you to only evaluate your UK masters even though the same cost will be used for both unless you are sure that your Nigerian school won't delay the total evaluation .Basically.....you can add your Bsc degree later for evaluation at no additional cost.
You can use your Nigerian debit or credit card to pay......make sure you pick evaluation for FSW on their website and not the normal one .....I'm referring to WES .
I also hope you know you have to manadate your UK school to send your transcripts to WES while you will also send photocopy of your degree certificate to WES too.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
please whats the average duration this process takes.
some say 6-12months and others beleives it takes even more two yrs.
please whoever has done it successfully or knw someone should advise me.
thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
DoubleBam2X:
NOC is 2131
Thanks Ferdimako.. I think I may use the Master Card option.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 12:28am On Sep 12, 2014
success to you as i plan to submit mine.
Mivi: Yes, I can track that it is in Montreal, Canada but not yet signed for.
Thanks for putting my mind at rest. I have been wondering since morning when I found out my oversight.

Many thanks for the prompt response as well.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:20am On Sep 12, 2014
bal2012002: am applying for geoscientist position.
my bsc is geology while msc is petroleum technology.
wont there be issues if i use only the msc?
also pls should i wait for the jan 2015 newprocess or continue with my plans for this.
cheers
[b]Good for you............NOC 2113.
Good thing is you are not running against filling up of your cap....a quarter of the 1000 applications been expected will never get realized before end of the program.
Regarding your Bsc and Msc degrees,if you evaluate the highest degree of Msc....no issue.FSW as it now does not stipulate that your degree certificate should be the same as the profession you want to apply for.........like the Australian PR process,although there may be likelihood of that with the expected introduction of express entry in January ,2015 even though nobody is sure yet.
Like I said ,you have all the time in the world to prepare because of your NOC and since you are having doubt about the evaluation of your Msc degree alone,I suggest you evaluate both.My suggestion for you is simply because of your NOC which by April 30th,2015 will not get to 250 applications received by CIC .If you were to be in another middle ranged profession ,I will simply tell you to evaluate your Msc only.You are as good as your doubts/belief about yourself Soooooo ...evaluate both.
Personally and professionally ........your Msc degree evaluation alone is perfect.
Regarding express entry in January,2015 which you are contemplating on waiting for,its not really a big deal.Application for the current FSW does not stop you from applying for express entry in January 2015 and besides,a bird at hand is worth more than 10 you only heard about.Why not take the chance you have now as nobody is sure of the bottlenecks that CIC will introduced for express entry.
After express entry is out and you are satisfied with the conditions ,you can still go ahead to explore it.
Cheers[/b].
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:27am On Sep 12, 2014
bal2012002: please whats the average duration this process takes.
some say 6-12months and others beleives it takes even more two yrs.
please whoever has done it successfully or knw someone should advise me.
thanks
Before now,it used to be average of 2 years but with the current status updates of the FSW2013/2014 applicants ,it's going lower than that even though i can't put a figure to it.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:33am On Sep 12, 2014
Thanks guys!

Congratulations!

Your PER is next!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:37am On Sep 12, 2014
bal2012002: hello,
thanks

It is not just enough asking questions,just read through the thread.Almost all your questions have all been delved into....Take time to read the thread and you will keep your questions minimal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.