Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828820 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:45am On Sep 12, 2014
Meritl: Hello Damkollins. Please I visited a GTBank branch in Benin city and I was told that I can't get a draft in $CAD except I go to Lagos.
I visisted a FIRST Bank branch in Benin and they said they can raise a draft there in Benin but, it will be in $US. I'm very careful not to hurriedly get it in $US when the instructions says in $CAD.

Any idea or suggestion?

If you have a GT Bank account (domiciliary),you can raise the draft on the online platform in Canadian Dollar and request the pick up branch to be one of the pick up branches in Benin. You don't have to physically visit the bank to do this. Just get a domiciliary account,go to your online platform and raise the draft...As simple as that (I know this to be true of GT Bank).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:04am On Sep 12, 2014
lollipop29: Please my friend needs advice and I know he can get it from here.

He Wants to apply through the federal skilled trades person program and his current job is listed among the NOC jobs for that program. But his biggest challenge is how to go about Getting the requirements from any province.

Please those any one knows the method and how to get the necessary certificates and documents from a province before he can apply for the PR ?

Thanks

Please tell your friend to contact the provinces directly regarding the certificate of qualification issuance. Some provinces are magnanimous enough to issue certificates to prospective applicants resident outside Canada while some will insist the applicant must be in Canada to pass some trade examinations/tests. For instance,the Ontario government has a program for applicants whose qualifications were obtained from outside the province. You can read up for more here http://www.collegeoftrades.ca/trade-assessment.

It is a herculean task applying from outside of Canada but not a totally impossible mission. All you need is the drive to want to succeed.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2014
saxywale:
Has Accra embassy switched to sending MR by post? that was the practice 3-4years ago before they changed to email. With the email option, You would first receive an email telling you to go for MR, then forms comes as attachment to a 2nd email a day after the initial email is received.

Accra will use any medium expedient to get across important information to the applicant (either via e-mail,post mail or both). I know this to be true of an applicant who erroneously forgot to include his email address on his application form. He has been receiving all forms of communication via post mail.

Having said the above,I am not sure the OP mentioned receiving MR via post mail (and I doubt it except she confirms directly).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 7:17am On Sep 12, 2014
solomonwis:

If you have a GT Bank account (domiciliary),you can raise the draft on the online platform in Canadian Dollar and request the pick up branch to be one of the pick up branches in Benin. You don't have to physically visit the bank to do this. Just get a domiciliary account,go to your online platform and raise the draft...As simple as that (I know this to be true of GT Bank).

Thanks Oga Solo.
You nor come congratulate me on my wedding.
Chaiiiiiiii.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:24am On Sep 12, 2014
Meritl:

Thanks Oga Solo.
You nor come congratulate me on my wedding.
Chaiiiiiiii.

Meritl: Officially married today. Thank God for everything.
Filling my apps tomorrow in view of submitting next week Saturday.

solomonwis:

Congratulations,happy married life...Don't let CIC or FSWP delay your "shooting" grin. "Shoot" if you must,when you get to the point of medical,you shall cross it with minimal restriction (if any)

You see,I was the first to congratulate you and I added "jara" to the congratulations.. smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:29am On Sep 12, 2014
solomonwis:
You see,I was the first to congratulate you and I added "jara" to the congratulations.. smiley
grin grin grin "jara"
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 7:30am On Sep 12, 2014
[quote author=ferdimako][/quote]

Lol grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 7:38am On Sep 12, 2014
damkollins:
If a bank issues this ....it is called bank certificate or bank letter ........this is acceptable as a proof of fund at the submission stage even though Accra visa office will request statement Of account as an update when they issue medical request.
The bank certificate will have your name,account details,amount in your account as of the day it's been issued ,letter head paper of the bank,signature of manager and stamp.
Cheers

Thank you Damkolins...people outside Nigeria has used this bank certificate/letter and were given PER.

When it gets to accra and asked for statement, that wont be a problem.

cheers!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2014
As regards police certificate and i would like to share this info i got on CIC website.

"Note. We strongly recommend that you submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO. If you are unable to obtain all the necessary police certificates, you may still send your application to the CIO without them. However, please note that if your application is placed into processing you must be ready to submit them to the visa office when requested"

"Note: If you are including your police certificates with your application to the CIO, please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months earlier. Police certificates are generally valid for 12 months from the date they are issued. However, if a final decision is not made on your application before the expiry of your police certificate, the visa office may request that you provide a new one"

My UK police certificate issued in June is most likely not going to be sent with my application with this info as i am yet to send my application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:47am On Sep 12, 2014
unibadan: As regards police certificate and i would like to share this info i got on CIC website.

"Note. We strongly recommend that you submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO. If you are unable to obtain all the necessary police certificates, you may still send your application to the CIO without them. However, please note that if your application is placed into processing you must be ready to submit them to the visa office when requested"

"Note: If you are including your police certificates with your application to the CIO, please ensure that your certificates were not issued more than three months earlier. Police certificates are generally valid for 12 months from the date they are issued. However, if a final decision is not made on your application before the expiry of your police certificate, the visa office may request that you provide a new one"

My UK police certificate issued in June is most likely not going to be sent with my application with this info as i am yet to send my application.
Just include it...when your application gets transferred to local visa office,it will be determined if it needs you to apply for another one.It doesn't cost you anything to include with your application whenever you are ready to submit.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2014
damkollins:
Just include it...when your application gets transferred to local visa office,it will be determined if it needs you need to apply for another one.It doesn't cost you anything to include with your application whenever you are ready to submit.
Cheers.

Thank you damkollins.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by oshuare: 9:07am On Sep 12, 2014
I AM A GRADUATE OF ECONOMICS,WITH A MASTERS DEEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMIN.I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR 7YRS NOW WITH A BANK.MY HUSBAND IS ALSO A GRADUATE OF ECONOMICS AND INTO BUSINESS.I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY OF US QUALIFIES FOR APPLING UNDER THE FSWP AND WHICH OF THE OCCUPATIONS CAN WE FIT INTO?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:15am On Sep 12, 2014
oshuare: I AM A GRADUATE OF ECONOMICS,WITH A MASTERS DEEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMIN.I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR 7YRS NOW WITH A BANK.MY HUSBAND IS ALSO A GRADUATE OF ECONOMICS AND INTO BUSINESS.I WANT TO KNOW IF ANY OF US QUALIFIES FOR APPLING UNDER THE FSWP AND WHICH OF THE OCCUPATIONS CAN WE FIT INTO?
You and your hubby are qualified.
Please go through the link below and digest ...further questions can be answered here if you have any.....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp
Also,go through the link below to know if you fit into any of the eligible occupations for the FSW2014/2015 program.....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#jobs
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 10:00am On Sep 12, 2014
solomonwis:

Congratulations!

Your PER is next!
I owe you a big thank you bro.
I got almost all my doubts cleared via this forum.
May God bless ya all!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:06am On Sep 12, 2014
solomonwis:

I see you Oga Solo. Nor vex.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
i want to ask about the bank details.
i guess it shd b a dorm acct in canadian dollars.
mine is abt 15000 thats 2.25mil. shd the amt b in my acct before i submit? does it have a minimum deposit period the d uk student visa stuff before i apply.
lastly can i withdraw the cash after submission or leave it untouched till a decision is finally made.
thanks alot.
support from this forum is awesome.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by beaurydoc: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ekpekus1: Please, what are the requirements for obtaining a police report. What's the financial implication?

By the way, is anybody using MCC for verification here? If yes, pls holla!

Tnx

Pls am interested in this response thanks,pls any one that has done MCC verification pls do reply.And ekpesus if. U ve gotten response pls send it to larryfel2k@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by beaurydoc: 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
ferdimako:
Are u one? Smh.

Yeah
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
bal2012002: i want to ask about the bank details.
mine is abt 15000 thats 2.25mil. shd the amt b in my acct before i submit? does it have a minimum deposit period the d uk student visa stuff before i apply.
lastly can i withdraw the cash after submission or leave it untouched till a decision is finally made.
thanks alot.

Please do yourself a favour and have the amount in your account at a date on or before the signature and date on your form. Of course this date should be before you send the application

Most likely you will be asked for a new bank statement at Accra VO before your visa is issued.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
thanks alot.

Please do yourself a favour and have the amount in your account at a date on or before the signature and date on your form. Of course this date should be before you send the application

Most likely you will be asked for a new banks statement at Accra VO before your visa is issued.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
Folks, i have a question of my own.

Out of curiosity I tried checking the status of my application using a UCI issued on an earlier returned application, albeit under another NOC. The response is shown below. My account has not been debited though but i am envisaging it to be in about a month.
Should i expect to get another UCI in my PER, or on this same one?

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
thanks alot.
I'm presuming you referring to the evidence to show as proof of fund.
If yes,your UK visa has nothing to do with it so dont judge yourself with coz CIC is not gonna use that to evaluate your application.
It doesn't have to a dorm account...it can be in your local currency..NGN i guess since NGN is a convertible currency(see attached).
A print out of your statement account from your local bank here is enough showing your family size POF....will do the magic.
Leaving it in your account until decision is made for your PR is preferable if you can do it.
Withdrawing part of it isn't a bad option too provided you have ready made plans to fund it back if/when an update is required by your local visa office.
If you are capable of leaving it....Perfect!
You should also know that you will need to provide an update of your POF (to show your new family size) if there is a new addition to your family(new baby of course) especially in the case of newly married couples.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
scrollmeout:

Most likely you will be asked for a new banks statement at Accra VO before your visa is issued.

Hello scrollmeout .
Are you saying it is compulsory that your Bank balance must be obtained on or before the day you sign your application?
House help too as I'm on the brink of submission.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Meritl:

Hello scrollmeout .
Are you saying it is compulsory that your Bank balance must be obtained on or before the day you sign your application?

@Meritl..@bal2012002
I'm sorry if i confused you or anyone else. It is not compulsory, neither is it a rule. It's just a rule of thumb, if you may that i use based on someone else's experience...
Just my opinion here but i don't think it makes sense that you have a document that may be deemed out of date. I actually meant to say that the bank balance certification should be up to date (current)as at the time you send your application. I actually signed and dated my forms after i gathered all of the required documents.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
scrollmeout: Folks, i have a question of my own.
Out of curiosity I tried checking the status of my application using a UCI issued on an earlier returned application, albeit under another NOC. The response is shown below. My account has not been debited though but i am envisaging it to be in about a month.
Should i expect to get another UCI in my PER, or on this same one?
Your UCI will surely be the same FOR LIFE! grin
It doesn't get changed so by the time you will get your PERS,it will be the same UCI as you had before.
There will be update once your account is debited.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hello house. Is there any penalty to have your bank statement on a date after you've signed your application?
These insinuations from Scrollmeout are confusing.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus(m): 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
beaurydoc:

Pls am interested in this response thanks,pls any one that has done MCC verification pls do reply.And ekpesus if. U ve gotten response pls send it to larryfel2k@yahoo.com
Go to the www.mcc.ca website or www.physicianapply.ca. There you will be requested to pay a certain amount of money to register. Then proceed to do your verification. i must say at this juncture, reading carefully through the site will help a lot. if you are having difficulty, with navigating the site, be free to ask question here as personal correspondence is been discouraged so that others can learn facing similar challenges.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Meritl:
Hello scrollmeout .
scrollmeout:
@Meritl..@bal2012002
I'm sorry if i confused you or anyone else. It is not compulsory, neither is it a rule. It's just a rule of thumb, if you may that i use based on someone else's experience...
Just my opinion here but i don't think it makes sense that you have a document that may be deemed out of date. I actually meant to say that the bank balance certification should be up to date (current)as at the time you send your application. I actually signed and dated my forms after i gathered all of the required documents.
damkollins:

This should not be an issue to debate on.
As he has said said,it is only logical that you would have printed out your statement of account before dating the forms.At the same time,you may have also filled your forms before printing the statement of account out.
Both options are wide open without guided or stipulated instruction by CIC.
Please don't get each other confused as both options are okay.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2014
Meritl: Hello house. Is there any penalty to have your bank statement on a date after you've signed your application?
These insinuations from Scrollmeout are confusing.

Nope...see my explanation up
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 4:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
damkollins:

Nope...see my explanation up.[b][/b]

I copy my Brother.
I be think say them don change am.
God pass them.
(You didn't "Cheers" me this time)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
Meritl:

I copy my Brother.
I be think say them don change am.
God pass them.
(You didn't "Cheers" me this time)
System error... grin
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 6:23pm On Sep 12, 2014
solomonwis:

Dear solo are you saying one can raise a bank draft for the right of residence fee on the GTB online platform for one with dom account? If yes, that makes life easy. Please how do I do it biko?

Secondly, does anyone know the address to send additional documents requested by one's immigration officer. For instance I was requested to update some of the initial forms sent to CIC due to family addition, new police report etc. After getting all that I need to send all this to accra office via air mail probably DHL or TNT. What address should I use. Thanks for anticipated responses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.