Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829276 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2014
From the list, select your dependant’s relationship to you,
the principal applicant:
Adopted Child
Child
Common-law partner
Grandchild
Other
Spouse
Step-Child
Step-Grandchild
b. Complete if you chose “Other”
a. Check the box to indicate whether or not, your dependant
will accompany you to Canada.
b. If you answered “ No”, provide the reason why your
dependant is non-accompanyin
The dependent is under the age of 19 and
single (not married and not in a common-law
relationship).
Type 2 The dependent is 19 years of age or older, has
been financially dependent on a parent since
before the age of 19 due to a physical or
mental condition.

i saw this in the generic application form guide. i am confused. should i fill my husband as a dependant? there is an option for spouse. if yes wil i classify him as above 19 but financially dependant??:please help!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 10:28am On Sep 26, 2014
ferdimako:
Okay...let others advice. I wasn't clear on genuine omission. And u come all fighting.

I came fighting because you appeared to be very judgemental. It was genuine omission in that I didn't pay much attention to the detail while answering NO, now that I have realised me error, my consern is how to go about correcting same, to tell you, I realised this error while reading reasons for rejections on 2014 FSW on canada visa forum and someone mention something similar, that was what prompted me to go back and take a second look at those questions. Indeed it was an avoidable error but nevertheless I'm looking for ways of correcting not someone to judge me by calling me a lier, I cherish my intergrity and name brother.........!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2014
3rdHigh:
Dear forumites, Attn wisemen Solomon and Collins, I just realized now that the background declaration form which I submitted, schedule 3, question 6, sub 3, I did not answer the question on whether you've been refused TRV in affirmative which was the case twice last year I was refused TRV, also on spouse form it was omitted, this was a genuine omission, kindly suggest how I can correct this mistake, my application was received by CIC first week this month.
Awaiting valuable suggestion / advice
[b]There are about 4 ways to handle this depending on your choice.
Since you seems to have a UCI number,I'll suggest you send an additional document as a follow up to your package quoting your personal details...UCI...passport number and all.Include the form in it and send a covering note along with a photocopy of the pages involved.
Another option is to use this link(https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra) to notify Accra office after your package must have been long transfered to Accra office....there are options to attach the form there.
As a last resort,you can also notify Accra office by sending them a post mail to their address in Accra.
Lastly,Accra visa office will ask you to update the form involved during medical request and so you can correct it then with the inclusion of an explanation letter.
The first option can be adopted immediately.
The 2nd and 3rd option is only possible after your file must have been transferred to Accra visa office.
The last option is during medical request.
In all,options 2,3&4,let Accra office know that the error was indeed made.
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:37am On Sep 26, 2014
azeezbaba: @ Damkollins & Ferdimanko,
Please I have a friend whose visa card has been charged (debited) and he also received an email from the CIO during the week with his UCI and application no.
His status has really changed in the last 2 months in the sense that he has relocated to US (on F1 visa). He intends to change his address but he doesnt know how to contact Accra. Can you guys furnish me with details of how he can communicate with Accra on his change of status and address.
Thank you

solomonwis:

Please ask you friend to send a CSE to Accra via this link https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

He should also endeavour to send a post mail to Accra office with copies of:

1. PER

2. Copies of bio data page of the PA and all accompanying/non-accompanying family members

3. Copies of the visa indicating he has legal residence for a minimum of 1 year in the USA

4. A letter stating the reason(s) for the transfer of file to the visa processing office for USA which is CPC - OTTAWA . He should be specific in stating that it is administratively convenient for you (your friend) for your (his) PR application to be processed in the visa office indicated. He should also ask for a confirmation of this transfer of file once completed to enable him/her initiate communication with the "new" visa office. Let him itemize the copies of all documents enclosed....

5. Also send a CSE to CPC OTTAWA that s/he has initiated a file transfer to their office as a result of your recent relocation (state the reason for relocation) asking that they send you an AOR once the file has been transferred.

IN ALL CORRESPONDENCES (VIA EMAIL & POST MAIL) QUOTE YOUR UCI AND APPLICATION NUMBER

solomonwis's response above is on point....let your friend adopt it.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:50am On Sep 26, 2014
omonade11: From the list, select your dependant’s relationship to you,
the principal applicant:
Adopted Child
Child
Common-law partner
Grandchild
Other
Spouse
Step-Child
Step-Grandchild
b. Complete if you chose “Other”
a. Check the box to indicate whether or not, your dependant
will accompany you to Canada.
b. If you answered “ No”, provide the reason why your
dependant is non-accompanyin
The dependent is under the age of 19 and
single (not married and not in a common-law
relationship).
Type 2 The dependent is 19 years of age or older, has
been financially dependent on a parent since
before the age of 19 due to a physical or
mental condition.

i saw this in the generic application form guide. i am confused. should i fill my husband as a dependant? there is an option for spouse. if yes wil i classify him as above 19 but financially dependant??:please help!
Once you fill your hubby as Spouse,the option of dependant type will be graded out....this means you wont be able to pick any option there again electronically.
This happens only for spouse.
For other dependants,it will not be graded out.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 10:56am On Sep 26, 2014
damkollins:
Once you fill your hubby as Spouse,the option of dependant type will be graded out....this means you wont be able to pick any option there again electronically.
Cheers.

Damkollins you've been of great help!! thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 10:59am On Sep 26, 2014
damkollins:
Cheers.

Damkollins you've been of great help. thanks !!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2014
also the statutory delclaration of common law union form. is it for married couples?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:06am On Sep 26, 2014
omonade11: also the statutory delclaration of common law union form. is it for married couples?
You are legally married(I guess..hope...assume)....if yes,you don't need this form.
Don't include the form in your application.
Its for Co-habiting couples who are not legally married.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 11:17am On Sep 26, 2014
damkollins:
[b]There are about 4 ways to handle this depending on your choice.
Since you seems to have a UCI number,I'll suggest you send an additional document as a follow up to your package quoting your personal details...UCI...passport number and all.Include the form in it and send a covering note along with a photocopy of the pages involved.
Another option is to use this link(https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra) to notify Accra office after your package must have been long transfered to Accra office....there are options to attach the form there.
As a last resort,you can also notify Accra office by sending them a post mail to their address in Accra.
Lastly,Accra visa office will ask you to update the form involved during medical request and so you can correct it then with the inclusion of an explanation letter.
The first option can be adopted immediately.
The 2nd and 3rd option is only possible after your file must have been transferred to Accra visa office.
The last option is during medical request.
In all,options 2,3&4,let Accra office know that the error was indeed made.
Cheers.[/b]

Thanks Collins, I was the one whose TRV was rejected (the spouse) but not the primary applicant for FSW, by implication, the prymary applicant for FSW doesn't have a UCI but the spouse whose TRV was refused has. I'm thinking of sending another form to correct the error, what's your take on this?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 26, 2014
3rdHigh:

I came fighting because you appeared to be very judgemental. It was genuine omission in that I didn't pay much attention to the detail while answering NO, now that I have realised me error, my consern is how to go about correcting same, to tell you, I realised this error while reading reasons for rejections on 2014 FSW on canada visa forum and someone mention something similar, that was what prompted me to go back and take a second look at those questions. Indeed it was an avoidable error but nevertheless I'm looking for ways of correcting not someone to judge me by calling me a lier, I cherish my intergrity and name brother.........!
Okay...choose the option that suits u wrt damkollins' responses.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 11:51am On Sep 26, 2014
Hello house, I used a fixed deposit and saving account as my POF 1.5m and 300k respectively for me and my hubby.I have submitted my form yesterday, can I later move the 300 to join to the 1.5m deposit to make 1.8m fixed? Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
3rdHigh:
Thanks Collins, I was the one whose TRV was rejected (the spouse) but not the primary applicant for FSW, by implication, the prymary applicant for FSW doesn't have a UCI but the spouse whose TRV was refused has. I'm thinking of sending another form to correct the error, what's your take on this?
No guarantee that option 1 will work because of the absence of UCI for principal applicants to match it with the package in CIC facility.But there is no harm in trying...just indicate every details of the principal applicant on the additional document and send.
Options 2 and 3 can surely be done when the time come.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hello everyone, i am filling the background declaration form, is the form for only the principal applicant or also for my wife?
Also, in filling the the generic application form, i saw Dependant Type, which one do i choose for my children?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
yomifowe: Hello everyone, i am filling the background declaration form, is the form for only the principal applicant or also for my wife?
Also, in filling the the generic application form, i saw Dependant Type, which one do i choose for my children?
1. Background declaration form is to be filled by you and your wife.

2. If you chose your hubby as Spouse,the option of dependant type will be greyed out. ( damkolllins, 2014))
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
shopaker: Hello house, I used a fixed deposit and saving account as my POF 1.5m and 300k respectively for me and my hubby.I have submitted my form yesterday, can I later move the 300 to join to the 1.5m deposit to make 1.8m fixed? Thanks
Yes.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2014
Meritl:
1. Background declaration form is to be filled by you and your wife.

2. If you chose your hubby as Spouse,the option of dependant type will be greyed out. ( damkolllins, 2014))

Thanks. But the dependant type option for my other dependants (children) is not greyed out, in fact it is starred*, meaning its compulsory. What do i write. Pls tks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2014
yomifowe: Hello everyone, i am filling the background declaration form, is the form for only the principal applicant or also for my wife?
yomifowe:
Thanks. But the dependant type option for my other dependants (children) is not greyed out, in fact it is starred*, meaning its compulsory. What do i write. Pls tks.
You will fill one form as a principal applicant.
Your spouse/common law partner/dependent or adopted child of 18 years and above will each fill.

For dependant type of your children (assuming you are using the updated form),Type 1(The dependent is under the age of 19 and single {not married and not in a common-law relationship}) is okay or Type 2 (The dependent is 19 years of age or older, has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.)...this is the current form after august 1st,2014.
For forms before this date,Type A is for children under 22years.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
damkollins:
No guarantee that option 1 will work because of the absence of UCI for principal applicants to match it with the package in CIC facility.But there is no harm in trying...just indicate every details of the principal applicant on the additional document and send.
Options 2 and 3 can surely be done when the time come.
Cheers.

Thanks very much Collins, cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
damkollins:

You will fill one form as a principal applicant.
Your spouse/common law partner/dependent or adopted child of 18 years and above will each fill.

For dependant type of your children (assuming you are using the updated form),Type 1(The dependent is under the age of 19 and single {not married and not in a common-law relationship}) is okay or Type 2 (The dependent is 19 years of age or older, has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.)...this is the current form after august 1st,2014.
For forms before this date,Type A is for children under 22years.
Cheers.

Thanks so much. Quite explanatory.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hello house. I'm sending my app tomorrow via UPS.
Please is this the right address?
(While I remember to write my NOC category).

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category, Offer of Arranged Employment category or PhD category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
Meritl: Hello house. I'm sending my app tomorrow via UPS.
Please is this the right address?
(While I remember to write my NOC category).

Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category, Offer of Arranged Employment category or PhD category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: XXXX
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: your NOC code
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
damkollins:
Federal Skilled Worker
NOC Category
Primary NOC 2011 Code: your NOC code
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada
Cheers

Thanks man.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 3:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
damkollins:
You are legally married(I guess..hope...assume)....if yes,you don't need this form.
Don't include the form in your application.
Its for Co-habiting couples who are not legally married.
Cheers.

again you've been of great help! and yes i am legally married (traditionally, registry n church). speaking of that; which do i attach as proof of marriage; church or registry?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2014
omonade11:
again you've been of great help! and yes i am legally married (traditionally, registry n church). speaking of that; which do i attach as proof of marriage; church or registry?
REGISTRY.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
please another question. my daughter is a us citizen and has a us passport(doesnt have a nigerian passport). in the section for dependants, should i tick foreign national for her? confused. wikipedia defined a foreign national as ' a person who is not a citizen of the host
country in which he or she is residing or temporarily sojourning.
For example, a foreign national in Canada is someone who is
neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada'.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
omonade11: please another question. my daughter is a us citizen and has a us passport(doesnt have a nigerian passport). in the section for dependants, should i tick foreign national for her? confused. wikipedia defined a foreign national as ' a person who is not a citizen of the host
country in which he or she is residing or temporarily sojourning.
For example, a foreign national in Canada is someone who is
neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada'.
Which question are you referring to?
I believe your daughter is a US citizen...not a foreign national.
Is foreign national part of the options of dependency?....not sure.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
damkollins:
Which question are you referring to?
I believe your daughter is a US citizen...not a foreign national.
Is foreign national part of the options of dependency?....not sure.
Cheers.

yes foreign national is part of d options. the question about her status in the country she is currently residing i.e nigeria. whats your take on her status in nigeria; citizen (doesnt have a nigerian passport), alien, refugee, visitor
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
Greetings House, please i have a quick question i need clarification on. In the Generic Application form, Q4 asks "Immigration office requested for processing this application". Is it Accra? Got a bit confused when i read the guidance notes that says,

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office (/english/information/offices/index.asp) which serves:
your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

Note: Do not select the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) as the immigration office requested to
process your application. Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO,
you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.

I appreciate your responses.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2014
omonade11:
yes foreign national is part of d options. the question about her status in the country she is currently residing i.e nigeria. whats your take on her status in nigeria; citizen (doesnt have a nigerian passport), alien, refugee, visitor
Other than her not having Nigerian passport document ,she's a Nigerian citizen.
For now....with no passport from Nigeria,she's foreign national.
Visitor would have been preferable but depends on how long she's been Nigeria.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
damkollins:
Other than her not having Nigerian passport document ,she's a Nigerian citizen.
For now....with no passport from Nigeria,she's foreign national.
Visitor would have been preferable but depends on how long she's been Nigeria.
Cheers

great! thanks!!!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:37pm On Sep 26, 2014
Fingertips: Greetings House, please i have a quick question i need clarification on. In the Generic Application form, Q4 asks "Immigration office requested for processing this application". Is it Accra? Got a bit confused when i read the guidance notes that says,
Indicate the name of the Immigration Office (/english/information/offices/index.asp) which serves:
your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.
Note: Do not select the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) as the immigration office requested to
process your application. Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO,
you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above.
I appreciate your responses.
Just write "Accra ,Ghana ".
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.