Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828327 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 8:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
ferdimako:
N40,000 for one transcript? Na wa for ur alma mater. However, we have harped on it here that M.Sc evaluation will do. U can get ur B.Sc's and include to ur package to CIC. This reduces time and money.
Like now I have my M.Sc and B.Sc from one school, I will demand M.Sc transcript to WES for N10,000 and demand both for myself and that is another N10,000. Then enclose their photocopies in my CIC package.
[quote author=ferdimako]

Yes my brother, they exploit a lot especially if you can't travel down there in person. I already have copies of my transcript so that will be fine. Thanks a lot sir.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 9:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hello, pls any medical doctor in the house who has passed through MBBS evaluation through MCC
Pls respond
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
seunlovesa: Hello, has any REGSITERED NURSE done verification with NMCN recently? How long did it take them to send the verification to ECA evaluating body?
It takes a while although they gave me 4 weeks from the date your credentials reaches them from the evaluating body.you have to keep going there and be sure to know when it gets to them.they will need a little push.it was when i went repeatedly that they started looking for the mail or letter wes sends to them.
Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
tayoamos: Hello, pls any medical doctor in the house who has passed through MBBS evaluation through MCC
Pls respond
What's the question you need clarification for? Ask!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
bees74:
It takes a while although they gave me 4 weeks from the date your credentials reaches them from the evaluating body.you have to keep going there and be sure to know when it gets to them.they will need a little push.it was when i went repeatedly that they started looking for the mail or letter wes sends to them.
Hope this helps

Were you giving them a little " push" @ Lagos offive or Abuja? I am using ICAS for my ECA and they updated my status that an email has been sent to NMCN. Not sure if a "reply email " from NMCN would be okay or I would have to initiate the normal verification process ...... Do you have any clue?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omasa: 12:56am On Sep 25, 2014
seunlovesa: Hello, has any REGSITERED NURSE done verification with NMCN recently? How long did it take them to send the verification to ECA evaluating body?

Takes abt 3 - 4 weeks only if u send the info and payment to headquarters which is abuja.but from oda locations it takes almost forever. I had to do a lot of phone cals.yet it took them 2 months jst to reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by asiwaju2000(m): 3:02am On Sep 25, 2014
Good day.
I have submitted my applications but I used my current account as my P O F .the question is that can I fix the fund now.if local visa ask for my P O F can I represent the fix instead of my current account submitted before.
Example
Fixed sum = 2.5m
Current account=300k
Total. =2.8m
Now I m planning to fix the 300k too.Hope the mothed is accepted.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by beaurydoc: 6:37am On Sep 25, 2014
damkollins:
It's not an issue provided the evidence provided for POF is enough for the family size.
You are right.
Cheers

Ok then,so if the POF is not enough the value of assets can be used to support??
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:41am On Sep 25, 2014
beaurydoc:

Ok then,so if the POF is not enough the value of assets can be used to support??

No. They do not accept asset as POF. It needs to be unencumbered cash.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2014
beaurydoc:
I never said so.
Ensure your evidence of POF is adequate without relying on assets value.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by unibadan(m): 7:20am On Sep 25, 2014
Hello house,

Does anyone here know how someone could obtain Lead City University transcript?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 8:57am On Sep 25, 2014
seunlovesa:

Were you giving them a little " push" @ Lagos offive or Abuja? I am using ICAS for my ECA and they updated my status that an email has been sent to NMCN. Not sure if a "reply email " from NMCN would be okay or I would have to initiate the normal verification process ...... Do you have any clue?
NMCN does verification which u av to pay for 8750 per certificate.so u will need to go there or ask someone to do on your behalf.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 9:13am On Sep 25, 2014
Hello
Pls i need to know what i should fill on the background form in the section for government positions if iim a civil servant by nigerian standard i.e working with a govt organization. Do i write the civil servant or do they mean something else.
Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Garykasparov: 10:22am On Sep 25, 2014
Garykasparov: Goodday all,
Seems no one is from Madonna University here, anyway this is the message i got from CES after my application to WES failed:

We have recognized degrees from this university in the past, although we cannot guarantee the result of any assessment in advance.

CES cannot tell you in advance whether your degree is recognized, or which Canadian degree we would compare it to.
This is part of the assessment service that we offer to our clients.

So i will give it a try. it take 11 weeks

i am just worried if my NOC 1111 will not be filled at that time. (129 now)

ICAS Assessment Reports include formal academic education completed at appropriately recognized institutions.  Our reports do not include in-service professional development, work experience or professional examinations (such as those in accounting).  We will include in our reports, qualifications issued by universities which are recognized by the National Universities Commission in Nigeria.

Above is the message I got from ICAS, I think I will settle for ICAS since their reply is more assertive, regardless of their 15weeks evaluation period.

Thank you all for your assistance
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 10:45am On Sep 25, 2014
came across this and thought I should share. Advisable to go for cold NOC or send ur applications now now
NOCs that are still widely avaiable
Managers
Finance
Engineering/Technology
2131(Act as soon as possible.Could fill up anytime)
2133(Act as soon as possible.Could fill up anytime)
IT & Computing
2281(Act as soon as possible.Could fill up anytime)
Health
3142(Act as soon as possible.Could fill up anytime)
Education
4011(Act as soon as possible.Could fill up anytime)
Others
CLOSED NOCs(Do not submit to these listed NOCs
again ass they are already capped)
If you fall under these closed NOCs,do think of an
alternative 45 NOCs that are still available
to submit your application.
This summary is a guide to know that you should be
proactive and act as soon as possible as
many potential candidates are now receiving their ECA
reports as the rate of filing may be
increased from Oct 2014 upwards.
Wishing you all best of luck in your application filing.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by papiloski(f): 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hello everyone,thanks to Solomonwise,ferdimako,damkollins,solomongard and all those helping others to suceed on this forum.I have been following this thread since May 1st when the FSWP new criteria was announced.We approached an agent who said He was going to collect 350,000 naira from us for processing and frankly we don't have that kind of money now.It put us off for a while because He created a larger than life situation,made d FSWP look impossible,but with this thread hope has been birthed in us again.Now to my questions:
1.My husband is the one applying,His NOC is 1123.We are at ground zero in terms of preparation.I would like to know If the same set of occupations will be used in express entry come January 2015 or should we just go ahead with ECA and IELTS,its just dat am skeptical dat his NOC will be full soon and He might not meet up.

2.If we can't meet up with the current criteria,should we go ahead with ECA and IELTS in preparation for express entry in January?

3.Since He is the one applying,will I need to do d IELTS and if I do is there any advantage for us?
4.The amount needed for our family to be in d accout as POF,should it also be made ready by JAnuary?
5.My Husband has an HND but He is currently in a profession that He has two professional qualifications in.His masters degree certificate is yet to be issued,does He just go ahead to do assessment of d HND or He will need to get the transcript for His masters
6.Will I need to do ECA too?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
Halo guys, great job you are doing keeping people informed and updated. Good job.
I work for a microfinance bank as a Finance officer (been working there for over 4yrs). I have a fixed deposit of about N3m with the bank since 2012. The fixed deposit have been rolled over severally.
I got my school to give me the enveloped and stamped transcript. I intend to send it myself cos my school could take forever before they post it.
I have written my ielts and i am awaiting my scores (though a message was sent to me by British council that my result was sample picked for some assessment.
My question:
1. Do I stand a chance?
2. What does the reassessment by British council mean?
3. Can I use my fixed deposit as proof of funds?

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
papiloski: Hello everyone,thanks to Solomonwise,ferdimako,damkollins,solomongard and all those helping others to suceed on this forum.I have been following this thread since May 1st when the FSWP new criteria was announced.We approached an agent who said He was going to collect 350,000 naira from us for processing and frankly we don't have that kind of money now.It put us off for a while because He created a larger than life situation,made d FSWP look impossible,but with this thread hope has been birthed in us again.Now to my questions:
1.My husband is the one applying,His NOC is 1123.We are at ground zero in terms of preparation.I would like to know If the same set of occupations will be used in express entry come January 2015 or should we just go ahead with ECA and IELTS,its just dat am skeptical dat his NOC will be full soon and He might not meet up.

2.If we can't meet up with the current criteria,should we go ahead with ECA and IELTS in preparation for express entry in January?

3.Since He is the one applying,will I need to do d IELTS and if I do is there any advantage for us?
4.The amount needed for our family to be in d accout as POF,should it also be made ready by JAnuary?
5.My Husband has an HND but He is currently in a profession that He has two professional qualifications in.His masters degree certificate is yet to be issued,does He just go ahead to do assessment of d HND or He will need to get the transcript for His masters
I don't believe u have read the thread since May as u claimed. No worry, experts are coming ur way soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by needful: 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
Pls house, can someone tell me how to obtain police clearance certificate from port harcourt.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2014
I am a medical doctor, already started with MCC evaluation of my MBBS certificate. My friend doctor also is interested. He wants me to advice him if he can start from now, as I already told him his MBBS evaluation is what takes time as I don't even know my own fate too.
Does he still have time if he starts sending his MBBS sent to MCC from now
Pls reply
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by papiloski(f): 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
ferdimako:
I don't believe u have read the thread since May as u claimed. No worry, experts are coming ur way soon.
Thanks Ferdimako for the prompt response I really appreciate.Maybe I forgot to add that tho av been following,there are so many things I don't seem to understand and that's why I am asking.I have been quiet all along cos I thought there was still enough time.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
tayoamos: I am a medical doctor, already started with MCC evaluation of my MBBS certificate. My friend doctor also is interested. He wants me to advice him if he can start from now, as I already told him his MBBS evaluation is what takes time as I don't even know my own fate too.
Pls reply
Its better to try than not try and regret later. The current scheme runs till April 2015 thereabout. So if u ask me no harm in trying

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
papiloski:
Thanks Ferdimako for the prompt response I really appreciate.Maybe I forgot to add that tho av been following,there are so many things I don't seem to understand and that's why I am asking.I have been quiet all along cos I thought there was still enough time.
OK.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by loriaidah(f): 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
seunlovesa thanks for the response.pls do u know anyone that use wes for his/her Rn/Rm evaluation and which Nov the person is applying under? Pls
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2014
Please house,I just submitted my application through my agent this week, when is it likely that my form will be reviewed by CIC.thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by HenryIX: 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
Halo guys, great job you are doing keeping people informed and updated. Good job.
I work for a microfinance bank as a Finance officer (been working there for over 4yrs). I have a fixed deposit of about N3m with the bank since 2012. The fixed deposit have been rolled over severally.
I got my school to give me the enveloped and stamped transcript. I intend to send it myself cos my school could take forever before they post it.
I have written my ielts and i am awaiting my scores (though a message was sent to me by British council that my result was sample picked for some assessment.
My question:
1. Do I stand a chance?

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by papiloski(f): 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
ferdimako:
Thanks Ferdimako for the prompt response I really appreciate.Maybe I forgot to add that tho av been following,there are so many things I don't seem to understand and that's why I am asking.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2014
papiloski: Hello everyone,thanks to Solomonwise,ferdimako,damkollins,solomongard and all those helping others to suceed on this forum.I have been following this thread since May 1st when the FSWP new criteria was announced.We approached an agent who said He was going to collect 350,000 naira from us for processing and frankly we don't have that kind of money now.It put us off for a while because He created a larger than life situation,made d FSWP look impossible,but with this thread hope has been birthed in us again.Now to my questions:
[b]1.Nobody have any info on Express entry now...may be it will be available at the tail end of the year.I suggest you go ahead with ECA and IELTS .NOC 1123 is just 65 application received as of last updates,I'm sure hubby will be covered and accommodated in it even if I cant give assurance as a person since it depends on further successive application received.If I were you,I'll give it a leap of FAITH.
2.Yes...that should be your aim hoping you will be eligible by the time the instruction will be released.
3.For the current stream of IELTS,the only advantage you will bring in by writing IELTS is to add 5 additional points to make his total points equal to 67 or above especially if principal applicant can not single handedly get 67 points.Other than this,no other advantage.
4.POF ready by January is a relative statement...your POF for family size should be inform of an evidence(statement of account or bank certificate) should be ready when you want to submit as you will include the printout.
5.He should access his HND certificate.
6.NO
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
HenryIX: Halo guys, great job you are doing keeping people informed and updated. Good job.
My question:
1. Do I stand a chance?
1.Stand a chance in what...everything is about trying ...you need to keep hoping and trying.
2.Its a sample test...they will release it as soon as they are through with their normal routine.
3.Yes.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
tayoamos: I am a medical doctor, already started with MCC evaluation of my MBBS certificate. My friend doctor also is interested. He wants me to advice him if he can start from now, as I already told him his MBBS evaluation is what takes time as I don't even know my own fate too.
Pls reply
Its ending April,2015...he still have 7 months to achieve success if he can start now.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2014
shopaker: Please house,I just submitted my application through my agent this week, when is it likely that my form will be reviewed by CIC.thanks
Dec,2014/January,2015.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
loriaidah: seunlovesa thanks for the response.pls do u know anyone that use wes for his/her Rn/Rm evaluation and which Nov the person is applying under? Pls

3012....... Not sure what others used. I did not use WES

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.