Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828313 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2014
seunlovesa:

3012....... Not sure what others used. I did not use WES
i
I used wes for not only RN RM but higher qualification.applying for 3012
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Basheerah1: 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
ferdimako:
If u used that BOMB...appeal. Ur problem is d timing...since Writing is not objective..
u are good. The guy that sent me d BOMB did appeal after seeing 7.0 & got 8.0 after.

Hello Ferdimako. Pls can you send me the BOMB. It would be greatly appreciated. God bless you.
Email- missterious_0016@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Basheerah1:

Hello Ferdimako. Pls can you send me the BOMB. It would be greatly appreciated. God bless you.
hahaha...ask others.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
bees74: i
I used wes for not only RN RM but higher qualification.applying for 3012
Do RN & RM give 21points?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hello House, just received notification that my ECA report has been completed and will be shipped by close of business. that was really fast prior to the initial mail i received 2 days ago that it will be ready on the 21st of October. My NOC is 2131 and i really needed my Engineering degree to be evaluated as MSc was on Project Mgt., will it be a problem? Now i await my IELTS exam on the 20th of Oct. I'm impressed with WES, guess Nigerian degrees always delay the assessment.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princebimby: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
Do WES send for verification in every nigeria institutions?

Fingertips: Hello House, just received notification that my ECA report has been completed and will be shipped by close of business. that was really fast prior to the initial mail i received 2 days ago that it will be ready on the 21st of October. My NOC is 2131 and i really needed my Engineering degree to be evaluated as MSc was on Project Mgt., will it be a problem? Now i await my IELTS exam on the 20th of Oct. I'm impressed with WES, guess Nigerian degrees always delay the assessment.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
[quote author=princebimby]Do WES send for verification in every nigeria institutions?

I wouldn't know dear, as my transcript from Nigerian Uni is still crawling down to Canada. Please help me answer house.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
papiloski: Hello everyone,thanks to Solomonwise,ferdimako,damkollins,solomongard and all those helping others to suceed on this forum.I have been following this thread since May 1st when the FSWP new criteria was announced.We approached an agent who said He was going to collect 350,000 naira from us for processing and frankly we don't have that kind of money now.It put us off for a while because He created a larger than life situation,made d FSWP look impossible,but with this thread hope has been birthed in us again.Now to my questions:
1.My husband is the one applying,His NOC is 1123.We are at ground zero in terms of preparation.I would like to know If the same set of occupations will be used in express entry come January 2015 or should we just go ahead with ECA and IELTS,its just dat am skeptical dat his NOC will be full soon and He might not meet up.

2.If we can't meet up with the current criteria,should we go ahead with ECA and IELTS in preparation for express entry in January?

3.Since He is the one applying,will I need to do d IELTS and if I do is there any advantage for us?
4.The amount needed for our family to be in d accout as POF,should it also be made ready by JAnuary?
5.My Husband has an HND but He is currently in a profession that He has two professional qualifications in.His masters degree certificate is yet to be issued,does He just go ahead to do assessment of d HND or He will need to get the transcript for His masters
6.Will I need to do ECA too?

Hi. I believe that it is better to die trying than not to make an effort at all. Your NOC is still very open. It is a faith walk with God. If you believe that it is possible for you and your husband to make it, you will afterall 'all things are possible to him that believes'. Pls go ahead and apply.

You can locate ielts centres where exam dates like October are are still available, not necessarily Lagos.
He can send for his academic credentials right away and send for it to be evaluated.

My one naira advice.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
Basheerah1:

Hey! you guys are throwing BOMB up and down. What is that? Are you part of ISIS or boko haram ni? lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2014
Fingertips: Hello House, just received notification that my ECA report has been completed and will be shipped by close of business. that was really fast prior to the initial mail i received 2 days ago that it will be ready on the 21st of October. My NOC is 2131 and i really needed my Engineering degree to be evaluated as MSc was on Project Mgt., will it be a problem? Now i await my IELTS exam on the 20th of Oct. I'm impressed with WES, guess Nigerian degrees always delay the assessment.
It's your experience that matters .....your degree evaluation will give you points to be eligible for your chosen NOC which you have experience in.
You are fine with the evaluation of your Msc even if it's not same with your profession.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shopaker: 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2014
damkollins:
Dec,2014/January,2015.
Cheers.

Thanks Dam for your quick response ,you doing great job.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bonaben2014: 9:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
I strongly advise you to start up immediately @tayoamos. The MCC is the only accredited ECA evaluator by CIC for doctors applying under NOC 3111 and 3112. Honestly speaking, the MCC evaluation can be time consuming but must not deter you in your dreams. Having EICS unique number from ECFMG makes the process faster. For example, if you open account with physician apply page of MCC and pay for source verification request, have your eics unique number, I'm pretty sure that despite the delays from increased load of request from applicants with them, your ECA report should be out in 6 to 7 weeks ( this starts counting from the day your notarized verification documents....MBBS etc reaches them and you must be ready to request your eca report sent to you by courier service). If you don't have eics number from ecfmg, it becomes a longer process that may take longer time,sometimes in excess of three months. The trick remains to use courier service in every step of document movement, remember it will cost more money. Personally I see this step as the most time consuming, thus if you should start the whole process tomorrow, while getting your ielts general training ready, POF, police certificate ( I advice you do this within two weeks of getting your eca from MCC), references, etc, I see you submitting your application to CIO by Xmas or earlier. I strongly advice you and your friend give it a trial and never regret, if you both have the means; remember it runs till April 2015 and the last of the program,limitation remains filling up of the cap, the earlier the better. I strongly wish you the best of luck in in this endeavour. Cheers Doc!
Its better to try than not try and regret later. The current scheme runs till April 2015 thereabout. So if u ask me no harm in trying [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
[quote author=Fingertips][/quote]

Sometimes, most times, WES normally does the background check. I will advice that you try to contact your school or a student in the school to confirm if it has arrived or not.
For example in my case, when my transcript was sent back to UNIBEN for verification, my source kept telling me that it has not arrived! It has not arrive!.
I kept on bugging WES with mails and they kept on replying that they've sent it via regular mail and email. I again contacted my source and he said " it has still not arrived".
After4 weeks of the endless bugging of WES, I just went to the VC's office where they receive external correspondence. Behold, I saw my verification waiting for me for the past 3 weeks as they sent it via email ( not regular mail).

Please just do all you can.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2014
Waited for GTbank to debit me for the draft service since Tuesday and it seems they were not working on it.
Withdrew my cash from my Dom account today.
Will be posting my app to my uncle in Canada on Saturday and by God's grace, he'll insert the draft he's going to help me get over there.
Most importantly, I advice everyone to cross check very well to avoid mistakes. Just discovered one in the General Application form " how many years of education in total". I wrote 5 ( just for my university) instead of 16 ( 5- primary + 6-secondary + 5-University).
Thanks to wiseone Solo, Damkollins, Ferdimako, Technolee, and sundry.
#almostthere.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lollsey(f): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2014
PLS I WILL LIKE THE HOUSE TO GIVE ME FULL DETAILS OF THIS CANADIAN VISA -I MEAN FEDERAL WORK SKILLED AND ABOUT THE STUDENT PERMIT.I ALSO WANT TO GIVE ME DETAILS ON SCHOOLS THAT ARE NOT COSTLY IN CANADA THAT I CAN ATTEND .I WANT TO STUDY B.SC. NURSING OR ANY HEALTH RELATED COURSE UNDERGRADUTE.THANKS
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Lenta(f): 10:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
@meritl I am currently experiencing same problem. They said I should pay 2000 for verification and 8200 for sending it back to wes. I pay the money 2 weeks ago but they are still telling me stories. Now they are saying wes left out a vital document that is suppose to accompany the transcript. Wes on the other hand said they have sent what they needed to send and they promise to resend it again by email and regular mail (same way they sent the first one). it been more than 4 weeks now and I still don't know where I stand with them. Questions for you though:

1. Can Uniben reply by email and will the email verification be accepted by wes?
2. How long did it take for wes to respond after Uniben sent them the verification?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seemples(f): 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
Meritl:

Sometimes, most times, WES normally does the background check. I will advice that you try to contact your school or a student in the school to confirm if it has arrived or not.
For example in my case, when my transcript was sent back to UNIBEN for verification, my source kept telling me that it has not arrived! It has not arrive!.
I kept on bugging WES with mails and they kept on replying that they've sent it via regular mail and email. I again contacted my source and he said " it has still not arrived".
After4 weeks of the endless bugging of WES, I just went to the VC's office where they receive external correspondence. Behold, I saw my verification waiting for me for the past 3 weeks as they sent it via email ( not regular mail).

Please just do all you can.

Please Meritl what email address did you use in contacting WES?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
seemples:

Please Meritl what email address did you use in contacting WES?

I used

inquiry4@intranet.wes.org
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
Lenta: @meritl I am currently experiencing same problem. They said I should pay 2000 for verification and 8200 for sending it back to wes. I pay the money 2 weeks ago but they are still telling me stories. Now they are saying wes left out a vital document that is suppose to accompany the transcript. Wes on the other hand said they have sent what they needed to send and they promise to resend it again by email and regular mail (same way they sent the first one). it been more than 4 weeks now and I still don't know where I stand with them. Questions for you though:

1. Can Uniben reply by email and will the email verification be accepted by wes?
2. How long did it take for wes to respond after Uniben sent them the verification?

1. Yes, UNIBEN can respond back via email. I used the email reply option and they acknowledged. It for within 2 days.
2. After WES received the verification via email,, they updated my online record to show that the verification by my University has been received. They said it will take them over 4weeks+ to send the evaluation to me. Surprisingly about 4 days later , I checked my online record and it read" Evaluation Completed". They then provided me with the tracking details via UPS.

In addition, if I remember correctly, I actually paid 1k for verification (well since they saying 2k, that shouldn't be a problem) and sent via email after UNIBEN verified it. The #8,200 should be a fee to post via DHL.
But as I said earlier, no need wasting money sending your verification via speed post as the email option will work faster (UNIBEN usually has the address to send verification for WES issues).
Hope this helped.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
damkollins:
It's your experience that matters .....your degree evaluation will give you points to be eligible for your chosen NOC which you have experience in.
You are fine with the evaluation of your Msc even if it's not same with your profession.
Cheers

That's alright then, thanks for the assurance.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Lenta(f): 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
Meritl:

1. Yes, UNIBEN can respond back via email. I used the email reply option and they acknowledged. It for within 2 days.
2. After WES received the verification via email,, they updated my online record to show that the verification by my University has been received. They said it will take them over 4weeks+ to send the evaluation to me. Surprisingly about 4 days later , I checked my online record and it read" Evaluation Completed". They then provided me with the tracking details via UPS.

In addition, if I remember correctly, I actually paid 1k for verification (well since they saying 2k, that shouldn't be a problem) and sent via email after UNIBEN verified it. The #8,200 should be a fee to post via DHL.
But as I said earlier, no need wasting money sending your verification via speed post as the email option will work faster (UNIBEN usually has the address to send verification for WES issues).
Hope this helped.

Yes, Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 12:12am On Sep 26, 2014
zeelo2014: came across this and thought I should share. Advisable to go for cold NOC or send ur applications now now

whats the updated NOC link? i pray my submitting by Nov is still safe for NOC 2131. just ECA report left to go.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 12:29am On Sep 26, 2014
Dear forumites, Attn wisemen Solomon and Collins, I just realized now that the background declaration form which I submitted, schedule 3, question 6, sub 3, I did not answer the question on whether you've been refused TRV in affirmative which was the case twice last year I was refused TRV, also on spouse form it was omitted, this was a genuine omission, kindly suggest how I can correct this mistake, my application was received by CIC first week this month.

Awaiting valuable suggestion / advice
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seemples(f): 7:15am On Sep 26, 2014
Meritl:

I used

inquiry4@intranet.wes.org

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 7:18am On Sep 26, 2014
@ Damkollins & Ferdimanko,

Please I have a friend whose visa card has been charged (debited) and he also received an email from the CIO during the week with his UCI and application no.

His status has really changed in the last 2 months in the sense that he has relocated to US (on F1 visa). He intends to change his address but he doesnt know how to contact Accra. Can you guys furnish me with details of how he can communicate with Accra on his change of status and address.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 26, 2014
Meritl: Waited for GTbank to debit me for the draft service since Tuesday and it seems they were not working on it.
Withdrew my cash from my Dom account today.
Will be posting my app to my uncle in Canada on Saturday and by God's grace, he'll insert the draft he's going to help me get over there.
Most importantly, I advice everyone to cross check very well to avoid mistakes. Just discovered one in the General Application form " how many years of education in total". I wrote 5 ( just for my university) instead of 16 ( 5- primary + 6-secondary + 5-University).
Thanks to wiseone Solo, Damkollins, Ferdimako, Technolee, and sundry.
#almostthere.

I was wondering all along why u don't wanna mail works to ur uncle to include the draft or use the debit card option here. The best for u is the former!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2014
3rdHigh:

Dear forumites, Attn wisemen Solomon and Collins, I just realized now that the background declaration form which I submitted, schedule 3, question 6, sub 3, I did not answer the question on whether you've been refused TRV in affirmative which was the case twice last year I was refused TRV, also on spouse form it was omitted, this was a genuine omission, kindly suggest how I can correct this mistake, my application was received by CIC first week this month.

Awaiting valuable suggestion / advice
genuine omission? U mean u didn't put anything or u said NO? What abt ur UCI? Denied TRV twice in a yr and met that option twice and lied to the same embassy twice? mmhhm
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:11am On Sep 26, 2014
ferdimako:
I was wondering all along why u don't wanna mail works to ur uncle to include the draft or use the debit card option here. The best for u is the former!

My brother nor mind me.
Will be posting it tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 26, 2014
lollsey: PLS I WILL LIKE THE HOUSE TO GIVE ME FULL DETAILS OF THIS CANADIAN VISA -I MEAN FEDERAL WORK SKILLED AND ABOUT THE STUDENT PERMIT.I ALSO WANT TO GIVE ME DETAILS ON SCHOOLS THAT ARE NOT COSTLY IN CANADA THAT I CAN ATTEND .I WANT TO STUDY B.SC. NURSING OR ANY HEALTH RELATED COURSE UNDERGRADUTE.SEND TO MY MAIL LOLLSEYALBA@GMAIL.COM THANKS
Google & Threads.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2014
azeezbaba: @ Damkollins & Ferdimanko,

Please I have a friend whose visa card has been charged (debited) and he also received an email from the CIO during the week with his UCI and application no.

His status has really changed in the last 2 months in the sense that he has relocated to US (on F1 visa). He intends to change his address but he doesnt know how to contact Accra. Can you guys furnish me with details of how he can communicate with Accra on his change of status and address.

Thank you

Please ask you friend to send a CSE to Accra via this link https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

He should also endeavour to send a post mail to Accra office with copies of:

1. PER

2. Copies of bio data page of the PA and all accompanying/non-accompanying family members

3. Copies of the visa indicating he has legal residence for a minimum of 1 year in the USA

4. A letter stating the reason(s) for the transfer of file to the visa processing office for USA which is CPC - OTTAWA . He should be specific in stating that it is administratively convenient for you (your friend) for your (his) PR application to be processed in the visa office indicated. He should also ask for a confirmation of this transfer of file once completed to enable him/her initiate communication with the "new" visa office. Let him itemize the copies of all documents enclosed....

5. Also send a CSE to CPC OTTAWA that s/he has initiated a file transfer to their office as a result of your recent relocation (state the reason for relocation) asking that they send you an AOR once the file has been transferred.

IN ALL CORRESPONDENCES (VIA EMAIL & POST MAIL) QUOTE YOUR UCI AND APPLICATION NUMBER

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 10:06am On Sep 26, 2014
ferdimako:
genuine omission? U mean u didn't put anything or u said NO? What abt ur UCI? Denied TRV twice in a yr and met that option twice and lied to the same embassy.

Chief! If you don't have any good thing to say, I suggest you keep shut, everyone isn't like you who lie because of visa, I only saw the QC and I just gloss over the questions without paying much attention.
Ferdimako, be guided! No how you judge people in public forum or any other forum for that matter, if you have no good advice you keep your mouth shut!
I will latest by monday send another form, besides, I'm just a supporting applicant in this case not the main applicant, I will never tell lies because of immigration, I'm comfortable with or without it, just that everything worth doing is worth doing well.

All the same thanks for your sarcasm
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2014
3rdHigh:

Chief! If you don't have any good thing to say, I suggest you keep shut, everyone isn't like you who lie because of visa, I only saw the QC and I just gloss over the questions without paying much attention.
Ferdimako, be guided! No how you jugdge people in public forum or any other forum for that matter, if you have no good advice you keep your mouth shut!
I will latest by monday send another form, besides, I'm just a supporting applicant in this case not the main applicant, I will never tell lies because of immigration, I'm comfortable with or without it, just that everything worth doing is worth doing well.

Okay...let others advice. I wasn't clear on genuine omission. And u come all fighting. I actually modified my response and thought about it before posting...let the embassy understand you didn't pay attention. When I lie I know and I own up when caught...if u want diplomatic responses from others.... they are coming.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.