Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,599 members, 7,958,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:00 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (838849 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sevenody: 11:13am On Nov 24, 2014
THANKS all. I can get him to take IELTS to help boost points. but it will mean listing him as accompanying. But when the visa is given, can he stay back?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 24, 2014
Sevenody:
THANKS all. I can get him to take IELTS to help boost points. but it will mean listing him as accompanying. But when the visa is given, can he stay back?
If only u need his 5points to make the benchmark of solid 67 marks! I heard it's yes...when he's ready to join u...he will redo medicals and police report and wait for a while.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kelvinetemah123: 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2014
hi pals what's the easiest way for me to relocate to Canada am 29 an ssce holder and i work plss guys i nid your advice cause an agent is telling me to bring 1.5 million which i don't even HV tnks guys am expecting ur advices.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zaliya(f): 12:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
Is NYSC a paramilitary service.

Is the NYSC certificate part of the credentials?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bo2014: 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hello House,

How does universities respond to WES verification request?
Email or Airmail?
I need your assistance to enable me follow up on my school.

Assistance from those that have received their ECA.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Garykasparov: 3:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
Dear Prospective Applicants,
Be aware that the Generic application form (IMM 0008 11-2014) E has been updated this november, and
the checklist was updated last month october.

Applicants yet to submit their application should take note.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bo2014: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2014
Garykasparov:
Be aware that the Generic application form (IMM 0008 11-2014) E has been updated this november, and

Thanks for this info.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zaliya(f): 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hi all,
I am the principal applicant. My hubby and I both have the ECA (WES). Can I include his in the documentation, are there extra scores for a spouse who includes the ECA?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
zaliya:
Hi all,
I am the principal applicant. My hubby and I both have the ECA (WES). Can I include his in the documentation, are there extra scores for a spouse who includes the ECA?

Thanks

No extra score for accompanying spouse's ECA result..You can only gain extra score with spouse language ability test.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
bo2014:
Hello House,

How does universities respond to WES verification request?
Email or Airmail?
I need your assistance to enable me follow up on my school.

Assistance from those that have received their ECA.

Thank you

It depends on the medium of communication by your school with third parties regarding authentication/educational credentials verification.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
zaliya:
Is NYSC a paramilitary service.

Is the NYSC certificate part of the credentials?

Thanks

Except you want to include it as part of your credentials for the sake of "inclusion",it is not mandatory to include NYSC discharge certificate in FSWP application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2014
kelvinetemah123:
hi pals what's the easiest way for me to relocate to Canada am 29 an ssce holder and i work plss guys i nid your advice cause an agent is telling me to bring 1.5 million which i don't even HV tnks guys am expecting ur advices.

If you respond to the agent,your money is as good as forgotten!Kiss that money bye bye...

Have you had any work experience in the last 10 years? Do you have any technical apprenticeship in the last 10 years? What is the purpose of your wanting to relocate to Canada?

Let's take it from the above and then we can see the feasibility of your dream of relocation to Canada coming to fruition.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
ken1982:
hey house, my question today is....

if my wife gains a one year pgd program study in canada what are her chances of settling in canada after that

and what are our chances of visiting her or settling as well

Chances depend on a number of factors centered around the immigration policy of the Federal government of Canada as well as the provincial policy on immigration at the time.

Most graduates have different routes with which they can obtain permanent residence (PR) particularly through Canadian Experience Class. You can read up for more here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Your chances of visiting her is equally dependent on a number of factors all centered around your ability to fulfill the visa conditions as stipulated by CIC. Do you have the financial wherewithal to travel to Canada? Do you have enough incentives to return back to your country of residence? Are you economically and socially established to embark on the journey to Canada and return to your country of residence?

Those and many others are some of the questions the Visa Officer will want to be convinced about before issuing you a travel document to visit your spouse.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
Sevenody:
Please when is this new FSWP programme ending. Is it still Dec?
secondly if I apply as the PA with Hubby and daughter. when the visa is successful but hubby does not relocate? because he's not particularly interested in relocating. can he stay back while we go? I need to include him in the application bc it will help in Adaptability scores

As @Zeelo2014 has mentioned,officially as stated in the MI12 the current FSWP is ending April 31st,2014 except there's another MI{Ministerial Instruction}.

You can choose to present your spouse as non-accompanying,in which case application fee {of CAD#550} will not be paid but you must:

Present Proof of settlement fund showing your ability to maintain your family {your non-accompanying spouse inclusive}.

You can not include the language ability test score of your non-accompanying spouse to claim additional points {If this is what you mean by "....it will help in adaptability score"}.Although,adaptability point is for applicants with relatives resident in Canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
Sevenody:

Once he decides to stay back after the issuance of PR visa,at the expiration of that single entry visa he will not have the chance to claim permanent resident of Canada. You might have to sponsor him if you so wish at a later date but it will be a herculean task as you'd have a lot to prove as to the reason behind the inability to "land" at the time when a PR visa was issued.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bo2014: 8:59pm On Nov 24, 2014
solomonwis:

It depends on the medium of communication by your school with third parties regarding authentication/educational credentials verification.

@ solomonwis

Thanks a lot.
I owe you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 10:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
Garykasparov:

thanks for the info.
i have just refilled but there seems to be no difference btw both. the new generic has got no column for visa office where we suppose to fill in AVO and the checklist seems not to show any change.
what could this updated forms mean.
cheers all.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kart042000(m): 6:05am On Nov 25, 2014
Hi house, my application was received by CIC on the last week of august. The money was deducted on thursday 19-11-2014.
Thanks a lot solomonwise and damkolenes and every other forum member.
For those of you that are still expecting, i pray yours too come into place in due time

A few questions please, now that it has been deducted, how long sleeping pill(in damkolins voice) do i have to take again before i get an email from the ghanian office?
I already submitted a police report, should i prepare for another one?
If i get married before it is been issued, what are the various cost implications i should put in mind? I know of $550, and another $11k in account if i am right. Plus $490.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kart042000(m): 6:09am On Nov 25, 2014
Another quick question please, do i have to put the $11k back into my account now or i can stilll chilll till dey request for another statement
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ken1982: 6:23am On Nov 25, 2014
solomonwis:

Chances depend on a number of factors centered around the immigration policy of the Federal government of Canada as well as the provincial policy on immigration at the time.

Most graduates have different routes with which they can obtain permanent residence (PR) particularly through Canadian Experience Class. You can read up for more here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Your chances of visiting her is equally dependent on a number of factors all centered around your ability to fulfill the visa conditions as stipulated by CIC. Do you have the financial wherewithal to travel to Canada? Do you have enough incentives to return back to your country of residence? Are you economically and socially established to embark on the journey to Canada and return to your country of residence?

Those and many others are some of the questions the Visa Officer will want to be convinced about before issuing you a travel document to visit your spouse.

thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:49am On Nov 25, 2014
kart042000:
Hi house, my application was received by CIC on the last week of august. The money was deducted on thursday 19-11-2014.
Thanks a lot solomonwise and damkolenes and every other forum member.
For those of you that are still expecting, i pray yours too come into place in due time
A few questions please, now that it has been deducted, how long sleeping pill(in damkolins voice) do i have to take again before i get an email from the ghanian office?
I already submitted a police report, should i prepare for another one?
If i get married before it is been issued, what are the various cost implications i should put in mind? I know of $550, and another $11k in account if i am right. Plus $490.
kart042000:
Another quick question please, do i have to put the $11k back into my account now or i can stilll chilll till dey request for another statement
Congrats on your application.
As it is now,Accra is yet to establish a proper routine for attending to 2014 applicants so nobody can be sure of specific time of contact.Just have it in mind that they can get across to you any time from January,2015.
Worry less about Police report as you can always re-send it if asked...last time I checked,you can always get it with about 5k or 6k.
Getting married is not an issue.
Once you are done with your registry,just notify them in Accra and they will send you the requirement most importantly,you will pay the 550CAD processing fee and you may need to show another proof of fund for both of you(about $15,000) and later the right of permanent residence fee which both of you will be requested to pay ($490 CAD each) during your medicals requirement.
For the fund,if you have it on ground,its better to leave it in your account to avoid unnecessary pressure if Accra decides to ask you.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Yankdreamer: 8:42am On Nov 25, 2014
Hello Damkollins..

On the IM5406 (Additional Family) Form for my spouse, will her name be on the Principal applicant column or mine (i am the principal applicant though)?? please clarify.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:27am On Nov 25, 2014
Yankdreamer:
Hello Damkollins..
On the IM5406 (Additional Family) Form for my spouse, will her name be on the Principal applicant column or mine (i am the principal applicant though)?? please clarify.
You will fill two forms...one for you as principal applicant and the other for your spouse.
On your form,you will be the applicant,and your spouse will follow.
On your spouse's form,she will be the applicant(even though you are the principal applicant) while you will follow as spouse.
Hope you understand it?
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kart042000(m): 10:32am On Nov 25, 2014
Thank you damkolins for the swift response. I will just patiently wait for the email.

My passport expires in Nov 2015, do you advice I renew it before posting it to them, when requested? Or i should just send the old one and after getting the stamp i can obtain a new passport?
I have all my other travel stamps on this passport.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yetunde(m): 10:43am On Nov 25, 2014
Hello Damkollins..
Is it possible to submit all forms when ICAS has not responded?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zaliya(f): 11:28am On Nov 25, 2014
Hi all. Thanks for all the responses.
This is urgent.

I started my Masters in 2006 and completed the study in 2008, and my ECA (WES) also reads 2008. However, the date on my certificate is dated Feb. 2009. What do I fill as my study dates
2006 - 2008
or
2006 - 2009?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 25, 2014
zaliya:
Hi all. Thanks for all the responses.
This is urgent.

I started my Masters in 2006 and completed the study in 2008, and my ECA (WES) also reads 2008. However, the date on my certificate is dated Feb. 2009. What do I fill as my study dates
2006 - 2008
or
2006 - 2009?

Thanks.
The former!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2014
yetunde:
Hello Damkollins..
Is it possible to submit all forms when ICAS has not responded?
No sir.
Your package will be returned UNPROCESSED.
You need to be patient to receive it and include it.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2014
kart042000:
Thank you damkolins for the swift response. I will just patiently wait for the email.
My passport expires in Nov 2015, do you advice I renew it before posting it to them, when requested? Or i should just send the old one and after getting the stamp i can obtain a new passport?
I have all my other travel stamps on this passport.
Depending on when you plan to land in Canada,the choice is strictly yours.
You should understand that the Canadian stamp that will be placed on your passport have a validity of one year from the date of your medicals.Assuming your medicals was done on 31st January,2015 and you did not renew your passport,The stamp validity was meant to be valid till 30th January,2016 will terminates by Nov,15th which is the time your passport will expire.
But if you renew it before then,the validity will still remain one year.
Just wait till when you get your medicals before you make your decision as it seems to me you many not to be able to renew now until its 6-months before Nov,2015.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kart042000(m): 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2014
damkollins:

Depending on when you plan to land in Canada,the choice is strictly yours.
You should understand that the Canadian stamp that will be placed on your passport have a validity of one year from the date of your medicals.Assuming your medicals was done on 31st January,2015 and you did not renew your passport,The stamp validity was meant to be valid till 30th January,2016 will terminates by Nov,15th which is the time your passport will expire.
But if you renew it before then,the validity will still remain one year.
Just wait till when you get your medicals before you make your decision as it seems to me you many not to be able to renew now until its 6-months before Nov,2015.
Cheers.

Thanks damkollins. After i obtain the stamp on my passport, does it mean I only have 1 year duration to enter Canada ? What if i get the stamp and dont travel till after 1 year? Then since I would be getting a year passport, when i get into Canada, is there something i am to do to reflect the 5years, or I have to renew it after 1 year?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omonade11: 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
Good evening all. Please i have an urgent question. i indicated in my wes account that i want to evaluate my diploma and bsc degrees. my diploma transcript isnt ready yet so i want to evaluate just d bsc now for the sake of time. how do i remove my diploma from my order??
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jennykim: 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
Good evening all.
For someone that studied sociology -first degree
Industrial and labour relations-masters degree.
About 6years work experience as an Admin Officer.The person was currently promoted to the level of senior admin officer.
Under what category in NOC does she fall under?
Can the person still apply from now till Dec?
Which of the documents should be sent to WES for assessment? The Degree or Masters?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (322)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.