Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:22 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (838628 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 7:43pm On Jan 01, 2015
solomonwis:
EXPRESS ENTRY IS NOW LIVE/ACTIVE

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/candidate.asp

hi, is there any need for anyone under the fswp 2014 who has received PER to apply under the EE?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:10pm On Jan 01, 2015
benik:

hi, is there any need for anyone under the fswp 2014 who has received PER to apply under the EE?

No compelling need except you feel your application will not be processed and finalized in 6 months time.There's however no penalty when you send in multiple applications.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by loriaidah(f): 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2015
congrate to all and happy new year.As we wait for per God will crown our effort and 2015 is a year of good testimony. we shall all testify to his goodness.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by erudude: 12:00am On Jan 02, 2015
Thanks Solomon,

You're doing a great job....

solomonwis:

No one can say for sure,not even people who work directly with CIC. All you can do is WAIT. As you wait,you might want to give Express Entry a try.

Saskatchewan will be accepting applications for provincial nomination (a key selection determining factor in the new immigration system,EE)from January 2nd,2015. Once you gain assurance that you merit a PER under FSW Class,then nomination will not be a challenge as long as your occupation is listed in the"Occupations in Demand" of the province.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Demiyike: 8:15am On Jan 02, 2015
Pls now that the cap update has been removed , for those of us that applied in December how do we know if we met the caps for our Noc
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:30am On Jan 02, 2015
Demiyike:
Pls now that the cap update has been removed , for those of us that applied in December how do we know if we met the caps for our Noc

1.check with your bank to see when the application is debited in your account.

2.Wait for the PER from the Centralized Intake Office
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Demiyike: 8:53am On Jan 02, 2015
Ok what about the visa office cause on a forum I saw comments that people were given visa offices that were not what they choose and for us that filled the New generic form and the option of choosing our visa office was not there .Do you think we would be taken to visa offices that have less work load
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:04am On Jan 02, 2015
Demiyike:
Ok what about the visa office cause on a forum I saw comments that people were given visa offices that were not what they choose and for us that filled the New generic form and the option of choosing our visa office was not there .Do you think we would be taken to visa offices that have less work load

The game plan now is to forward applications to visa offices with less applications to reduce the work load pressure on some visa offices. This means that applications can be forwarded and processed in any of the visa offices of the Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the counterfoil printing will be done at the nearest visa office to the applicant.

However,applicants who have reasons to request for processing of application at the closest visa offices to them will have to request for transfer citing reasons (such as "disability" if this is proven to impede application processing).

CIC is running a seamless,real-time process and it has started from when visa office box was removed from the Generic Application form.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:52am On Jan 02, 2015
In addition to the SINP that is currently ongoing ,the Novia Scotia province nomination scheme is out too....the instructions are almost the same with FSWP with little difference in the eligible NOC professions which is 29 for Novia Scotia.
Please go through the instructions manual below especially for those that have all documents ready but could not send for FSWP .
Please note that CLB 7 for IELTS still stands here (minimum of 6 in each of the 4 tests) and you also need minimum of 67 points.
http://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/Nova-Scotia-Demand-Express-Entry-Pilot-Stream-Guidelines-December-2014.pdf
Solomonwis already advised that applicants should weight options of preferred provincial to apply since you need to be careful as the provinces normally share information .
Other than limited professions here ,i feel comfortable with NSNP to SINP but i think it's relative to individual applicants.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 1:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
damkollins:
In addition to the SINP that is currently ongoing ,the Novia Scotia province nomination scheme is out too....the instructions are almost the same with FSWP with little difference in the eligible NOC professions which is 29 for Novia Scotia.
Please go through the instructions manual below especially for those that have all documents ready but could not send for FSWP .
Please note that CLB 7 for IELTS still stands here (minimum of 6 in each of the 4 tests) and you also need minimum of 67 points.
http://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/Nova-Scotia-Demand-Express-Entry-Pilot-Stream-Guidelines-December-2014.pdf
Solomonwis already advised that applicants should weight options of preferred provincial to apply since you need to be careful as the provinces normally share information .
Other than limited professions here ,i feel comfortable with NSNP to SINP but i think it's relative to individual applicants.
Cheers

Really think I should consider this since its not going to cost me much other than another courier fee.
@Damkollins, Sent you a PM.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Dreambeat: 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
damkollins:
Cheers
My occupation is not on the 'In-Demand Occupation' list for both NSNP and SINP,apart from this,I met every other criteria.Will it be a waste of time and resources to apply?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2015
I earlier asked about my 2013 application and PER received Nov. 2013. I took the advice of solomonwis and Damkolins and emailed them. This is what I got today

Hello,

Please be assured that your application is in queue for review.

Thank you,

Immigration section - KAS

Na wa o! Meanyl my paddy when we apply together de canada already! Ok o! Let me keep on waiting. Btw will the email ginger them to attend to the file now?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
I earlier asked about my 2013 application and PER received Nov. 2013. I took the advice of solomonwis and Damkolins and emailed them. This is what I got today

Hello,

Thank you,

Na wa o! Meanyl my paddy when we apply together de canada already! Ok o! Let me keep on waiting. Btw will the email ginger them to attend to the file now?

This is really surprising. Lady Guinivere, you have a lot of spine to have been this patient even when others have gone much further. Really patience is the game but i doff my hat for you still. By the way, what does KAS stand for?
Solomonwis, Damkollins could this delay be attributed to "background checks"? Kindly elucidate.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Okontami: 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2015
Please can I apply for the Novia Scotia province nomination and the Express Entry at the same time.

Kindly clarify.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jowonloju(m): 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2015
Great People!
I Thank God that my application was received and signed by CIC Sydney. I believed God has decided to show us favor, even though Fedex delay by one Day. We kept hoping for the best and i just saw it now that with God All things are possible.

Once again, i am saying thank you to all of you in this forum.

10:31 am Delivered SYDNEY, NS
9:15 am At local FedEx facility SYDNEY, NS
12/31/2014 - Wednesday
8:09 am At destination sort facility GOFFS, NS
7:34 am In transit DIEPPE, NB
4:22 am In transit MISSISSAUGA, ON
12/30/2014 - Tuesday
10:12 pm In transit MIRABEL, PQ
8:18 am International shipment release - Import MIRABEL, PQ
4:03 am Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
3:59 am In transit MEMPHIS, TN
12:43 am In transit MEMPHIS, TN
12/29/2014 - Monday
11:16 pm Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
9:13 pm In transit ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR
8:46 pm Departed FedEx location ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR
12/28/2014 - Sunday
9:55 am In transit ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR
12/27/2014 - Saturday
5:00 pm In transit LAGOS NG
1:24 pm Left FedEx origin facility LAGOS NG
1:16 pm Picked up LAGOS NG
Package received after FedEx cutoff
4:36 am Shipment information sent to FedEx

Delivered
Signed for by: D.MACNEIL
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 5:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
scrollmeout:

This is really surprising. Lady Guinivere, you have a lot of spine to have been this patient even when others have gone much further. Really patience is the game but i doff my hat for you still. By the way, what does KAS stand for?
Solomonwis, Damkollins could this delay be attributed to "background checks"? Kindly elucidate.
I no know who be KAS o!
But bros werrin I for do? Go ghana go beat them? Is there anything I ought to do now pray tell me, let me do it now!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Hello,

Thank you,

So glad you have not miss any information /correspondence from Accra.......hopefully ,you will hear from them in the coming weeks.
Patience is the name of this game ....applicants processing differs in so many ways but everybody will get to an expected end..
Congrats in advance .
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

I no know who be KAS o!
But bros werrin I for do? Go ghana go beat them? Is there anything I ought to do now pray tell me, let me do it now!

Not at all! I was actually complimenting you, maybe i could have expressed myself much better. cheesy That's why i said 'patience is the game'. It is the hardest part of the application process, when you do not know what lies ahead having done all you need to do. To say you have spine is to say that you have a lot of courage seeing that you are not giving up on the process, which is another admirable quality. Trust me, we all learn from experiences of one another.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blackedwin: 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
Please kindly Note for the SINP if your settlement fund has not been in your a/c 3 months before applying,your application will be rejected
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
blackedwin:
Please kindly Note for the SINP if your settlement fund has not been in your a/c 3 months before applying,your application will be rejected

Hi, pls where did you get this info from?
I hope this does not apply to fsw 2014, cos my fund was not in my acct for 3 months?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:56pm On Jan 02, 2015
Highlyfavoured3:

I hope this does not apply to fsw 2014, cos my fund was not in my acct for 3 months?
Please check page 25 of 27 of the Novia Scotia instruction manual link i sent earlier with reference to bank certification letter from your bank.
This was not specified in the FSWP instruction manual so you are cool with it.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2015
damkollins:

Please check page 25 of 27 of the Novia Scotia instruction manual link i sent earlier with reference to bank certification letter from your bank.
This was not specified in the FSWP instruction manual so you are cool with it.
Cheers
Thank you, have checked the link.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Provincial Nominee Program) has reached its cap for the year 2015 within the first 1 hour. Prospective applicants can look towards other provinces for nomination.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
solomonwis:
SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Provincial Nominee Program) has reached its cap for the year 2015 within the first 1 hour. Prospective applicants can look towards other provinces for nomination.
grin grin grin
It's expected !
The race for NSNP begins ...
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pinchocreamy: 12:20am On Jan 03, 2015
WOW!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blackedwin: 10:08am On Jan 03, 2015
Highlyfavoured3:

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
solomonwis:

Na wa.
I Initially had plans to apply, but the hassles.
I just had to stick with my fswp application that was received on the 14th of October last year under NOC

Still awaiting a PER.
I wish all awaiting, the very best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sewhenu(m): 9:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
@solomonwis Great information and encouraging comments from you..i think I'll give it a try too..gone through the threads..impressive analysis..I'll like to know my chances..Got a masters degree in Environmental management.. Am I eligible for the new express entry program? I'll appreciate your response..ciao send me your email pls or inbox me..will appreciate...thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by austinice4: 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
Hi everyone in the house and wishing us all a very happy and prosperous new year... please before I go straight to the point, I need all the genuine prayer warriors in the house to help me out. My application was successfully delivered and signed for by MK as shown via tracking report. But the ish is that it was delivered on 02/01/15 probably due to delay by d courier company.

I'm believing God to take control.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:10am On Jan 04, 2015
sewhenu:
@solomonwis Great information and encouraging comments from you..i think I'll give it a try too..gone through the threads..impressive analysis..I'll like to know my chances..Got a masters degree in Environmental management.. Am I eligible for the new express entry program? I'll appreciate your response..ciao send me your email pls or inbox me..will appreciate...thanks

You can check your eligibility here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by flakkypast: 1:50pm On Jan 04, 2015
Our desires concerning fswp 2014 shall be accomplished

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2015
solomonwis:

This is kind of discouraging. Are you sure anyone without PNP and a job offer will ever make EE sad sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (322)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.