Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,357 members, 7,853,586 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:37 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (831590 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=blackedwin post=29445563][/quote]
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Boller: 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2015
I just came across this post. I don't have any of these documents yet. I have OND and about to complete my HND elect/elect, i also have 10 years experience in telecom and 4 years experience in Instrument & Control. Can I begin now. I want to apply for Trade skilled worker. I need you guys advise on this.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ayeshahsan: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2015
I made my express entry profile and I have entered into the pool.. But there are no fields to enter your dependent children information... Im kinda confused about it...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
ayeshahsan:
I made my express entry profile and I have entered into the pool.. But there are no fields to enter your dependent children information... Im kinda confused about it...
Maybe that would only become available when you are selected.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ioi74(m): 12:01am On Jan 05, 2015
@solomonwis..please i am new to the Express Entry ,can i apply for the EE and the Scotia Nova at the same time?

solomonwis:

You can check your eligibility here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ayeshahsan: 3:50am On Jan 05, 2015
Thanks

saxywale:

Maybe that would only become available when you are selected.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by PAPAYANKE: 10:53am On Jan 05, 2015
Pls assist with the link to commence creating the Express Entry . All links keep turning me around !
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2015
@ Damkollins just sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by PAPAYANKE: 11:44am On Jan 05, 2015
Nothing received. Kindly resend. Currently online.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:48am On Jan 05, 2015
PAPAYANKE:
Pls assist with the link to commence creating the Express Entry . All links keep turning me around !
Determine your eligibility with link below...
http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do
Register here here if not yet registered for the MyCIC account
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
After registeration,you will be able to select "express entry" and asked for your personal reference code which you will have during eligibility review in link 1 above.
Once you have entered your personal reference code,you will be guided through the profile builder for your express entry account.You will be able to review it and submit.
You will also have info on further steps after it has been confirmed to be submitted.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Jetspeed: 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
PAPAYANKE:
Nothing received. Kindly resend. Currently online.

Not you the PM is to Damkollins
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 9jabiggurl: 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2015
ayeshahsan:

That was pretty fast....did you use any agent?

if No, is there any need to use one or its quite straight forward?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by crazyinlove: 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
Hi guys,
Happy new year!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 1:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
livepluslife:

This is kind of discouraging. Are you sure anyone without PNP and a job offer will ever make EE sad sad

It is well o.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
ayeshahsan:

Please share the link here...biko
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
solomonwis:
SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Provincial Nominee Program) has reached its cap for the year 2015 within the first 1 hour. Prospective applicants can look towards other provinces for nomination.

This is very strange. I would have sent my application save for the fact that i didnt finish scanning my docs on 31st Dec and no police report yet.

Na wa o.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DaRocha: 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
solomonwis:

Until you receive alert from your bank of being charged for the application processing fee,you will not receive any form of communication from CIC.

Watch out for changes on the CIC website today.

Thanks Solomonwis. Apologies for the tardiness in thanking you for such valuable information. Please I have another question. I just filled my Express Entry Profile on the CIC website and there was a question on whether I had a UCI or not, since I indicated that I had submitted a FSWP application previously. My FSWP application was submitted on 30/12/2014 and I am yet to receive a UCI. Will it be wise to say I have not submitted a previous application before? I observed that when I indicated NO, the website did not ask for UCI. Please assist.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
DaRocha:

Thanks Solomonwis. Apologies for the tardiness in thanking you for such valuable information. Please I have another question. I just filled my Express Entry Profile on the CIC website and there was a question on whether I had a UCI or not, since I indicated that I had submitted a FSWP application previously. My FSWP application was submitted on 30/12/2014 and I am yet to receive a UCI. Will it be wise to say I have not submitted a previous application before? I observed that when I indicated NO, the website did not ask for UCI. Please assist.

Since you don't have a UCI,you should click NO and move on to continue the registration.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
ioi74:
@solomonwis..please i am new to the Express Entry ,can i apply for the EE and the Scotia Nova at the same time?

Yes,you can apply for both but when registering on EE,make sure your intended province of residence is the same with Nova Scotia.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
ayeshahsan:

Express Entry is just an Expression of Interest not an application for permanent residence. When you eventually get an ITA (invitation to apply),you will submit all of your family details in the prescribed forms in accordance with a personalised checklist that will be forwarded to you by CIC.

So no cause for alarm.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 7:35pm On Jan 05, 2015
Please would using a Canadian immigration agent be encouraged? Especially now that a job offer is needed to boost one's points in the EE.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by erudude: 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
My application was delivered today 10am Canada time (received by Mike)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 9:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
@ Solomonwis and Damkollins,

I filled a CSE form that my address and visa office be changed as a result of my new status (F1 status in US) but I got the mail below as a response from ACCRA.

[b]Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your email (see below).

Under Canada ’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations, file transfers are carried out only for reasons of program integrity and not at the request of the applicant or at their designated representative. Visa offices are not required to transfer applications for permanent or temporary entry to Canada .

Visa applications are to be reviewed by officers with the local knowledge and expertise necessary to conduct an effective case review.

We have examined your request for a transfer of your file and determined your application will be more effectively assessed by keeping your file in ACCRA.

If you do not wish to continue processing your application in ACCRA you may withdraw your application. You must then send a written and signed withdrawal request to this office. If you have paid the Right of Permanent Residence fee, it would be refunded.

If you chose to withdraw your application and re-apply in OTTAWA you must submit new application fees and your file will go to the end of the processing queue.

For a list of countries and corresponding Canadian visa offices, go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp .

At this time your file will continue to be processed in this office.

Please be advised that your address has been updated accordingly.

Regards,[/b]

My question is what if Accra requires me to send in a new PCC? How will I do that as I am now here in the US

Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
azeezbaba:

I filled a CSE form that my address and visa office be changed as a result of my new status (F1 status in US) but I got the mail below as a response from ACCRA.

[b]Dear Madam / Sir,

Under Canada ’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations, file transfers are carried out only for reasons of program integrity and not at the request of the applicant or at their designated representative. Visa offices are not required to transfer applications for permanent or temporary entry to Canada .

Visa applications are to be reviewed by officers with the local knowledge and expertise necessary to conduct an effective case review.

We have examined your request for a transfer of your file and determined your application will be more effectively assessed by keeping your file in ACCRA.

If you do not wish to continue processing your application in ACCRA you may withdraw your application. You must then send a written and signed withdrawal request to this office. If you have paid the Right of Permanent Residence fee, it would be refunded.

If you chose to withdraw your application and re-apply in OTTAWA you must submit new application fees and your file will go to the end of the processing queue.

For a list of countries and corresponding Canadian visa offices, go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp .

Regards,[/b]

My question is what if Accra requires me to send in a new PCC? How will I do that as I am now here in the US

Thank you

Unfortunately,as it stands you would have no choice but to continue processing your permanent visa application in Accra.

Securing a new PCC from Nigeria even when you are outside Nigeria is not a difficult task.All you need is your finger print,passport photograph and your passport bio data page,the rest can be done in Nigeria.I would advise you start the process of collecting the PCC form,fill (without putting a date) and send to trusted relatives/friends in Nigeria who would take it down to the appropriate quarters in Nigeria at the right time for processing.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
solomonwis:

Unfortunately,as it stands you would have no choice but to continue processing your permanent visa application in Accra.
Securing a new PCC from Nigeria even when you are outside Nigeria is not a difficult task.All you need is your finger print,passport photograph and your passport bio data page,the rest can be done in Nigeria.I would advise you start the process of collecting the PCC form,fill (without putting a date) and send to trusted relatives/friends in Nigeria who would take it down to the appropriate quarters in Nigeria at the right time for processing.

Thank you solomonwis. I have been cracking my head and thinking of how to go to Nigeria for a new PCC if it gets to that stage. You are a life saver.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
azeezbaba:

[b]Dear Madam / Sir,

Regards,[/b]

Thank you

solomonwis:

In addition to the response given ,PCC is the simplest of reasons that can negatively affect your application.
Infact if you have done finger printing before here,you only need to send a friend /relative to them......at the usual cost.
I have more than 2 buddies who did Nigerian PCC from the middle east.
Incase no options for you ,explore the option in the link below....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/nigeria.asp
Calm down .....you're good.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2015
damkollins:
[b]As many that are interested in getting nominated by a province,one of it will open by 2nd January,2015.....be rest assured that the maximum packages will be received within 5 working days so if you want to explore it,I suggest you send your applications early since it has 500 applications CAP..
The good thing is that,you dont need Job offer for it...other provinces normally have.
Please see the link below..
https://www.apps.gov.sk.ca/apex/f?p=305:1
User manual link below..
https://www.apps.gov.sk.ca/apex/wwv_flow_file_mgr.get_file?p_security_group_id=1044621897481142&p_flow_id=305&p_fname=SINPOnlineUserManual2014.pdf
Additional link..
http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp
If you are interested and you have all your documents ready...I suggest you send it sometime next week for it to get to the place by 2nd January...trust me,its gonna be competitive because of the no job offer condition.
If you are successful in this,you have a huge 600 points in addition to whatever points you have in Express entry link I shared earlier.
Also note that for this program,IELTS of CLB 4 level is the minimum...
Listening - 4.5
Speaking - 4.0
Writing - 4.0
Reading - 3.5
Cheers.[/b]

Does that mean the minimum IELTS scores for Express Entry is
Listening - 4.5
Speaking - 4.0
Writing - 4.0
Reading - 3.5

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omicron(m): 9:22am On Jan 06, 2015
solomonwis:

You can check your eligibility here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Thank u sir for how u have been helping people here with valuable info and tips.

Pls i want to be clear on the Experience aspect of the EE. Would working in the private sector with small small companies count as valid and reasonable experience under the EE?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:22am On Jan 06, 2015
cheers1234:

Does that mean the minimum IELTS scores for Express Entry is
Listening - 4.5
Speaking - 4.0
Writing - 4.0
Reading - 3.5

Thanks
This was the minimum score for SINP...not express entry.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:24am On Jan 06, 2015
omicron:

Thank u sir for how u have been helping people here with valuable info and tips.
Pls i want to be clear on the Experience aspect of the EE. Would working in the private sector with small small companies count as valid and reasonable experience under the EE?
There is no preference of sector for which the experience is needed.
Just make sure the experience is real and verifiable with sufficient evidence.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 12:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
solomonwis:

Express Entry is just an Expression of Interest not an application for permanent residence. When you eventually get an ITA (invitation to apply),you will submit all of your family details in the prescribed forms in accordance with a personalised checklist that will be forwarded to you by CIC.

So no cause for alarm.

Thanks Solomonwis and Damkollins.

Pls is it compulsory to submit Police report at this stage for provincial nominee application (knowing that you might still have to send it after you are invited to apply?)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omicron(m): 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
damkollins:

There is no preference of sector for which the experience is needed.
Just make sure the experience is real and verifiable with sufficient evidence.
Cheers.

Thank u. When you say evidence, how may the evidence be conveyed? Will the various companies' letters of attestation suffice?

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.