Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827733 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 7:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
omeddy:
Hello Guys,
My FSWP2014 application got to Nova scotia office on Dec 23,2014. But am yet to get any PER yet. Am not apprehensive anyway. But should I still expect to hear from them before end of this month. Packaging the application wasnt so easy for me ...

thanks
have they charge your CC? If yes then expect PER soon
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
Hello House,
A friend wants to start up with the Express Entry, Kindly help with guides and links required for him to start.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cerezo: 6:32am On Apr 16, 2015
My good people, I have been asked to provide the following for the new addition to my family
* An Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008] for you
(Do I need to provide all these evidences again - ECA, IELTS and Proof of Funds)
* Updated the Schedule A: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE A] for you and your spouse respectively
I suppose they are talking about IMM5669E - Background form here, correct me if am wrong please

Kindly help shed more light on the above if you have passed through this stage successfully.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
labiz001:
Hello House,
A friend wants to start up with the Express Entry, Kindly help with guides and links required for him to start.

Hi, all the info, required steps and other links needed are here, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/index.asp

With this, he is on the way to Express Entry, all the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by smartmum: 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
Pls solowis, after collecting my money, CIC sent me a letter that am not qualified and my money will not be refunded.from their calculations I have 66 instead of 67. They gave me 9 in age. I submitted in Dec. I was born in Feb 1977 so I was 37 as at the time they collected my application. Based on that I would have earned 10 poinTs. Even though the letter says it she not be queried. Pls advice.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Canadianwoman: 6:10am On Apr 17, 2015
smartmum:
Pls solowis, after collecting my money, CIC sent me a letter that am not qualified and my money will not be refunded.from their calculations I have 66 instead of 67. They gave me 9 in age. I submitted in Dec. I was born in Feb 1977 so I was 37 as at the time they collected my application. Based on that I would have earned 10 poinTs. Even though the letter says it she not be queried. Pls advice.

Hi Smartmum, please write a letter back to CIC attention to your case processing officer and tell them you are not satisfied with their decision, write a detailed explanation even quoting the page no in the application guide that you used. Appeal for a reconsideration and hope for the best. There is no harm in trying.
Same thing happened to me but that was 2 years ago I appealed the case officers decision without using any lawyer and here I am now in Calgary.
They have deducted your money and can't refund it anymore so do try and appeal I was also told that their decision was final also then.
They also do make mistakes at times.
Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by smartmum: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Canadianwoman:

Hi Smartmum, please write a letter back to CIC attention to your case processing officer and tell them you are not satisfied with their decision, write a detailed explanation even quoting the page no in the application guide that you used. Appeal for a reconsideration and hope for the best. There is no harm in trying.
Same thing happened to me but that was 2 years ago I appealed the case officers decision without using any lawyer and here I am now in Calgary.
They have deducted your money and can't refund it anymore so do try and appeal I was also told that their decision was final also then.
They also do make mistakes at times.
Best of luck
thank you very much but pls which link do I use to mail them.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
smartmum:
thank you very much but pls which link do I use to mail them.

You can reach them via this email address, cio-sydney-search-enquiry @ cic.gc but I believe you should send your entire package back to them by courier with a cover letter explaining what you observed and requesting them to review again as earlier advised. All the best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by MrsM: 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hello everyone! Do we need to send both OND and HND results to Wes for assessment? Or will just the HND do? Thanks in anticipation of your replies!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Blackbuddy: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
MrsM:
Hello everyone! Do we need to send both OND and HND results to Wes for assessment? Or will just the HND do? Thanks in anticipation of your replies!

Hi, it's the same cost if you send just one or if you send the two certificates so I advise you send both. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2015
Kindly send the two cert aand transcript. Is same cost but sending might lead to lower asesssment grade. Mine is 3year diploma and one year of postgraduate cert....overall evalluation.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:15am On Apr 18, 2015
MrsM:

Follow what resourse told you. You must send the 2. You may check their website to see specific requirements for HND from Nigeria
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bissiejoe: 9:00am On Apr 18, 2015
resourse:
Kindly send the two cert aand transcript. Is same cost but sending might lead to lower asesssment grade. Mine is 3year diploma and one year of postgraduate cert....overall evalluation.

Do you mean your HND equates to a 3 year diploma ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 9:04am On Apr 18, 2015
Moryn gud ppl. Pls I want to ask, for level of education total marks alloted, if MSC or MBA attracts 23 marks and Bsc attracts 20 marks. Am I going to choose both as achieved level of education? Does dat mean I ll score 23 + 20 in education? Or I ll only be scored on d highest level achieved which is 23.
Am asking becos I only send My Mba to WES and left out Bsc to avert time wasting...over a month now sef verification response from lautech takn 44ev.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 18, 2015
No.my evaluation is 3yrs diploma and 1yr postgraduate certificate. Is even equal to 22 in d canada education calculation grid.

Send the two pls...also those with msc or mba dont get canadian master equivalent
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
resourse:
No.my evaluation is 3yrs diploma and 1yr postgraduate certificate. Is even equal to 22 in d canada education calculation grid.

Send the two pls...also those with msc or mba dont get canadian master equivalent

Can you expanciate on your second paragraph?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ozzy2: 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
Goodday @ solomonwis and all, thnks for this wonderful trend. I am a lecturer in one of the federal universities in Nigeria. I intend to apply for EE. please i will like to know which province is better due to the nature of my Job?

Also for result verification , is it possible to have me and my spouse;s own done with one payment or we have to pay and register with WES separately?

Tnks for your kind response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
ozzy2:
Goodday @ solomonwis and all, thnks for this wonderful trend. I am a lecturer in one of the federal universities in Nigeria. I intend to apply for EE. please i will like to know which province is better due to the nature of my Job?

Also for result verification , is it possible to have me and my spouse;s own done with one payment or we have to pay and register with WES separately?

Tnks for your kind response.

As a lecturer,there's no province where your profession is not both lucrative and rewarding.The onus lies on you to consider other important factors such as the tax system in the province,the immediate/delayed access to medicare,the minimum wage,cost of living,proximity to other communities or people of Nigerian community,family life,etc. You can research each province and make a conclusion. In any case,you can always move from one province to another once you secure a permanent residence.

As I suppose you and your spouse attended different universities and probably studied different courses with different grade and year of graduation,it is logical to have the educational credentials assessment done separately. Unfortunately, what God has joined together, the assessment bodies can temporarily put asunder when it comes to educational credential assessment. Again,there's no cost saving advantage (if you are thinking in this direction) to have your credentials done jointly. Hence, it is advisable to have the educational credentials assessment done separately.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
cerezo:
My good people, I have been asked to provide the following for the new addition to my family
* An Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008] for you
(Do I need to provide all these evidences again - ECA, IELTS and Proof of Funds)
* Updated the Schedule A: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE A] for you and your spouse respectively
I suppose they are talking about IMM5669E - Background form here, correct me if am wrong please

Kindly help shed more light on the above if you have passed through this stage successfully.

Judging from past experience,you need to provide exactly what was requested in the email sent to you. Do not add or remove from it otherwise you might end up delaying the processing of your application.

No need to providing all the items listed in your post so long as they have not be explicitly requested.

By CIC Accra Visa Office standard, * Updated the Schedule A: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE A] = IMM5669E - Schedule A forms.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
labiz001:
Hello House,

You can help your friend by asking him to join us on this thread,read through past posts and ask questions where necessary,it will help him/her a lot.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
topezan:
Pls solomonwise
MuSt i have a Canadian work experience before i can qualify for express entry processing ?

You do not necessarily have to possess a Canadian work experience before you qualify. It will only increase your chances of selection if you do.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
What i met was that we learnt in some forum tht they usually evaluate foreign msc lesser to canadian msc degree.
Meaning u might not necessarily get master equivalent as to canada master. Unlike your bsc is mostly bsc in canada after assesmment

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
resourse:
What i met was that we learnt in some forum tht they usually evaluate foreign msc lesser to canadian msc degree.
Meaning u might not necessarily get master equivalent as to canada master. Unlike your bsc is mostly bsc in canada after assesmment

You have learned wrongly most probably from a wrong source.

Your assessment is arrived at using a number of yardsticks. Most Nigerian educational qualifications have been assessed to be equivalent to Canadian qualifications by almost all the recognised/authorised assessing bodies.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
solomonwis:

You have learned wrongly most probably from a wrong source.

Your assessment is arrived at using a number of yardsticks. Most Nigerian educational qualifications have been assessed to be equivalent to Canadian qualifications by almost all the recognised/authorised assessing bodies.

There are lots of people whose Msc isn't evaluated to be equivalent of a Canadian Msc, I believe resourse is quoting from their experience as they shared it on other discussion forum. These folks seem to have schooled in Asia tho, notably Indians and Filipinos and it may be reason why he concluded Nigerian masters may likely not come back as equivalent of Canadian masters, considering how what education is like here.

However, I'm yet to see any Nigerian say his/her masters done in Nigeria isn't evaluated as equivalent of a Canadian masters
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 6:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
Moryn gud ppl. Pls I want to ask, for level of education total marks alloted, if MSC or MBA attracts 23 marks and Bsc attracts 20 marks. Am I going to choose both as achieved level of education? Does dat mean I ll score 23 + 20 in education? Or I ll only be scored on d highest level achieved which is 23.
Am asking becos I only send My Mba to WES and left out Bsc to avert time wasting...over a month now sef verification response from lautech takn 4eva.

Solomomwise and co... kindly assist...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
JesusDWay:

There are lots of people whose Msc isn't evaluated to be equivalent of a Canadian Msc, I believe resourse is quoting from their experience as they shared it on other discussion forum. These folks seem to have schooled in Asia tho, notably Indians and Filipinos and it may be reason why he concluded Nigerian masters may likely not come back as equivalent of Canadian masters, considering how what education is like here.

However, I'm yet to see any Nigerian say his/her masters done in Nigeria isn't evaluated as equivalent of a Canadian masters

The emphasis is on the bold:

"You have learned wrongly most probably from a wrong source.

Your assessment is arrived at using a number of yardsticks. Most Nigerian educational qualifications have been assessed to be equivalent to Canadian qualifications by almost all the recognised/authorised assessing bodies."

Again,this was his statement with emphasis on the bold :

resourse:

Educational assessment is not a rubber stamp for accepting ALL educational qualifications as equivalent to Canadian educational qualifications. It is obvious that the educational standard of different countries and educational institutions varies and are put into consideration in the process of assessment hence the need for the evaluation in the first place. Even in Asia (India and The Philippines) most of the educational qualifications have been adjudged to be equivalent to that of Canada. Hence,the large number of immigrants to Canada from this region.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ejiro, u cant be evaluted as u stipulated. Wes only evaluate the highest credential on the basis of your edu history. U might likely get 23 on the grid.
However, it depends also on your grade and total units taken as highlighted on your transcript.

Do note that wes is highly loaded with applications around the world,there4, u will experience some sort of delay. Mine was abt 2month despite no delay recorded from my school.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ejirostephen(m): 7:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
resourse:
Ejiro, u cant be evaluted as u stipulated. Wes only evaluate the highest credential on the basis of your edu history. U might likely get 23 on the grid.
However, it depends also on your grade and total units taken as highlighted on your transcript.

Do note that wes is highly loaded with applications around the world,there4, u will experience some sort of delay. Mine was abt 2month despite no delay recorded from my school.

Tnx a lot @ resourse.... Response well appreciate bro.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ozzy2: 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
@solomonwis, tnks alot.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
8th round of draws took place yesterday

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #8 – April 17, 2015

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (April 17, 2015).

Ottawa, April 17, 2015

CHRIS ALEXANDER
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (APRIL 17, 2015)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on April 17, 2015 and ending on April 18, 2015 is 715.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on April 18, 2015 at 00:00:00 UTC, have been assigned a total of 453 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hi Solo and Damkollins.
I've resent a CSE to Accra on change of job, but, I'm yet to get a reply.
I sent the first by January ending and recently sent this about 4 days ago.

I'll chill though.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lavivaavril(f): 10:40am On Apr 19, 2015
Hello guys, I'm new here. I want to find out all the processes involved In applying for EE. After evaluating my credentials through WES and taking IETLS, is there anything else I would need to do before being able to apply? How much money in total would likely to be spent? Pls assist a sister

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.