Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829225 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:04am On Jul 22, 2014
technolee: You are too much damkollins. One more thing to ask before I will follow your on here; in the schedule A form, where we have assets, liabilities and unencumbered cash, do I need to convert the assets to CAD as that is the default currency. Also, is the 'asset+liabilities =unencumbered cash'?
[b]For this part of the form,you will observe and notice that the currency to use is already stated in the columns(see the 1st attached pix).They specifically asked applicants to indicate in "Canadian Dollars" with a further "$" symbol there.....You need to use your calculator to convert your naira amount into canadian dollar to know what to write down here....been accurate or not doesn't really matter as fluctuations can occur...its just a current analysis of Naira against Canadian dollar.
What actually matters is the evidence of the settlement/proof of funds you include.
If you check number 15 of your document checklist,I quote below...(see the 2nd attached pix)
"provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Canada"
Note the word "convertible currency".
Convertible currency from my small knowledge of Business studies means "A currency that can be freely exchanged into another currency for any purpose, without regulatory restrictions. Convertible currencies are generally associated with open and stable economies, and their prices are typically determined through supply and demand forces in the FOREIGN EXCHANGE market "
This gives credence to the fact that applicant are meant to generate their statement of accounts/bank certifications in their local currency provided the currency is convertible and I believe our currency is convertible.
Cheers.[/b]

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako:
All I know is if u fix deposit...it's only d maturity date that matters. No cash flow! For Oz, it is pretty straightforward... esp subclass189, no settlement fund or evidence is required. We borrow to study, marry and even to settle and live.

Some well-off people still run back...Canada not what they thought.

It is clear that is all you know(and unfortunately you have no knowledge beyond all you know) and that is why experience will teach you all you don't know...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jangirova: 11:16am On Jul 22, 2014
[quote author=jangirova]@ferdimako ,damkollins. ..plssssssss somebody help by sending the IELTS study materials to -
Still need this stuff.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2014
jangirova: @ferdimako ,damkollins. ..plssssssss somebody help by sending the IELTS study materials to - xxxxxxxxxxxx .
Sorry for responding late.
Sent.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2014
solomonwis:

It is clear that is all you know(and unfortunately you have no knowledge beyond all you know) and that is why experience will teach you all you don't know...

You have no experience either. We all are applicants. People do this all d time!

I repeat....u can fix deposit!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
Joe980: Hello house...would appreciate IELTS materials sent to oliverjoe980 at yahoo dot com
@Ferdi and damkollins is it cool to attach degree cert with transcrip request form for school to send to ECA so as to safe cost? And from experience which ECA body would you recommend? Thanks
Sent.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako:
You have no experience either. We all are applicants. People do this all d time!

solomonwis:

Buddies...let us soft pedal on this issue.
We are meant to constructively help each other out here and not other way round.
In a bid to prove our respective points,let us avoid using harsh words on eachother.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by charles316: 12:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
charles316: what a lovely thread we have here.

Please i have Hnd+pgd ,can i just send my certificate and transcript of my pgd since I m finding it hard to get my school to send my transcript soon(u know govt workers). Can I just send the Pgd being that it is actually my highest qualification? Time is no longer on my side angry

ferdimako

solomonwis,I need your opinion on this.pleaseeee
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
damkollins:

Buddies...let us soft pedal on this issue.
We are meant to constructively help each other out here and not other way round.
In a bid to prove our respective points,let us avoid using harsh words on eachother.
Cheers.
I have the interpretations.... I didn't write them.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
pinchocreamy: Also,is it allowed to add spouse's bank statement/fix deposit incase the money in d account of the principal applicant is not enough?

Why not have a joint account where you put can put all your funds, its better that way. thats what i'm doing anyway.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 2:23pm On Jul 22, 2014
ferdimako:

We can let the gurus advise on that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jangirova: 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2014
Experts in the house, in applying to WES,twas stated that evaluation report bears the name on the transcript/certificate. My wife is applying& those docs bears her maiden name. What name should she use on WES site to apply for evaluation?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
meta4:

We can let the gurus advise on that.
Which gurus? People don't tell what they did to get in. Fear is everywhere... I got my info from an immigration lawyer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
jangirova: Experts in the house, in applying to WES,twas stated that evaluation report bears the name on the transcript/certificate. My wife is applying& those docs bears her maiden name. What name should she use on WES site to apply for evaluation?
Read their FAQ and mail them. I have seen their explanation on this before.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hello Oga Solo and Ferdi. With this apparent confusion on POF,I have become a bit uneasy with myself. My plan is to borrow money in order to get a "bank balance" which I will initially submitt with my application. Afterwards, I intend to put regulär funds in my account. Hope this is cool.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
damkollins:
[b]For this part of the form,you will observe and notice that the currency to use is already stated in the columns(see the 1st attached pix).They specifically asked applicants to indicate in "Canadian Dollars" with a further "$" symbol there.....You need to use your calculator to convert your naira amount into canadian dollar to know what to write down here....been accurate or not doesn't really matter as fluctuations can occur...its just a current analysis of Naira against Canadian dollar.
What actually matters is the evidence of the settlement/proof of funds you include.
If you check number 15 of your document checklist,I quote below...(see the 2nd attached pix)
"provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Canada"
Note the word "convertible currency".
Convertible currency from my small knowledge of Business studies means "A currency that can be freely exchanged into another currency for any purpose, without regulatory restrictions. Convertible currencies are generally associated with open and stable economies, and their prices are typically determined through supply and demand forces in the FOREIGN EXCHANGE market "
This gives credence to the fact that applicant are meant to generate their statement of accounts/bank certifications in their local currency provided the currency is convertible and I believe our currency is convertible.
Cheers.[/b]
You went this far to prove a point? God bless you bro. Following you in spirit already!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jehi: 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
Please also forward ietls materials to jehiomo@yahoo.com.

thank you and God bless.

Meritl:

Please Oga Ferdi.
Kindly help me with the BOMB material. Got a friend writing. He needs some assistance.
Please forward to bennyosazuwa1@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
jehi: Please also forward ietls materials to jehiomo@yahoo.com.

thank you and God bless.

Sent.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 4:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
Meritl: Hello Oga Solo and Ferdi. With this apparent confusion on POF,I have become a bit uneasy with myself. My plan is to borrow money in order to get a "bank balance" which I will initially submitt with my application. Afterwards, I intend to put regulär funds in my account. Hope this is cool.

There should be no confusion. Most people borrow money to make up their account balance and submit the application. You will have problem only if you attach a paper addressed to cic written 'Dear CIC, I borrowed this money o'.
The only thing to bear in mind is that if CIC requests for updated proof of fund, you can raise enough money within the short period of time and then know what to tell them should they ask for the source. In most cases, they dont even ask for updated proof of fund. So if you have where/whom to borrow from go ahead.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fotogirl: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
Pls I need IELTS material. bukolaakande25 @yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2014
You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

There's a life experience of somebody on this forum(you can read the previous thread if you like),whose application was turned down on the basis of (amongst other reasons) proof settlement fund...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Need I say more?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Joe980: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
damkollins:
Sent.
Cheers.
Thanks bruv

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
Tranquill:

There should be no confusion. Most people borrow money to make up their account balance and submit the application. You will have problem only if you attach a paper addressed to cic written 'Dear CIC, I borrowed this money o'.
The only thing to bear in mind is that if CIC requests for updated proof of fund, you can raise enough money within the short period of time and then know what to tell them should they ask for the source. In most cases, they dont even ask for updated proof of fund. So if you have where/whom to borrow from go ahead.
Yea....only when u go and tell CIC.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
Meritl: Hello Oga Solo and Ferdi. With this apparent confusion on POF,I have become a bit uneasy with myself. My plan is to borrow money in order to get a "bank balance" which I will initially submitt with my application. Afterwards, I intend to put regulär funds in my account. Hope this is cool.
U are okay.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:18pm On Jul 22, 2014
[size=14pt]Caps updates!
Total received toward the overall cap: 528 of 25,000
Check link below for breakdown.......
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Cheers
.[/size]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
fotogirl: Pls I need IELTS material. bukolaakande25 @yahoo.com
Sent.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
damkollins:
Sent.
Cheers
Pls I will need materials for ielts. Thanks.
Boyzbelieve2000@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 15thaugust: 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
queen47:

Ok, one more question, do you know if wes sent your docs to NMC via courier? If yes, how did you arrange that?

Sorry I hvnt been able to reply ur question.had issues wit my log in details.had to register again.anyway wes sent nmc via email
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ekpekus1:
Pls I will need materials for ielts. Thanks.
Boyzbelieve2000@yahoo.com
Sent.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 15thaugust: 7:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
Please which nurse has completed wes evaluation. Seems to me nobody has
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by queen47: 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
15thaugust:

Sorry I hvnt been able to reply ur question.had issues wit my log in details.had to register again.anyway wes sent nmc via email

Ok. I guess mine got lost on transit. Nmc said they didn't get mine but they got that of my colleague and I applied before her. I have written wes for details for payment so I can pay for courier, they have sent it. Will make the payment later so they can resend it via courier
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 15thaugust: 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
queen47:

Ok. I guess mine got lost on transit. Nmc said they didn't get mine but they got that of my colleague and I applied before her. I have written wes for details for payment so I can pay for courier, they have sent it. Will make the payment later so they can resend it via courier

Ok

Did wes send verification to nmc only.do they send to skull also

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.