Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829220 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Eni23: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
What applications are they checking now?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Hello. Quick question pls. As adviced by Damkollins earlier that it is OK to Access MSc degree alone. When making final submissions to CIC. Is it just the ECA that is to be submitted or do I include other credentials
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2014
Eni23: What applications are they checking now?

Applications received between May 7th to May 14th,2014...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
benik: Hello. Quick question pls. As adviced by Damkollins earlier that it is OK to Access MSc degree alone. When making final submissions to CIC. Is it just the ECA that is to be submitted or do I include other credentials

It is ok to assess/evaluate your highest degree for now as you have limited time but like I'd always advise,you can include your Bsc/HND at a later date at minimal or no cost. Evaluation goes beyond just securing points for FSWP purposes. It is also necessary for certification in your profession/chosen province...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2014
solomonwis:

It is ok to assess/evaluate your highest degree for now as you have limited time but like I'd always advise,you can include your Bsc/HND at a later date at minimal or no cost. Evaluation goes beyond just securing points for FSWP purposes. It is also necessary for certification in your profession/chosen province...

Thank you. I wanna also know if I must submit d Bsc with my final submission or just the ECA is required
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
benik:

Thank you. I wanna also know if I must submit d Bsc with my final submission or just the ECA is required

You MUST submit all educational documents with which you secured your ECA result.Failure to do this is an express ground for application rejection.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by subsidy12: 9:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
Pls asides from bank loan. Is there anywhere someone can borrow money for account statement purpose oh. Cos I don't have 3.5m for family if 4 currently. Any useful information will save a soul
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
subsidy12: Pls asides from bank loan. Is there anywhere someone can borrow money for account statement purpose oh. Cos I don't have 3.5m for family if 4 currently. Any useful information will save a soul

Let me asnwer your questions by asking you some pertinent questions:

1.Do you know how much it will cost your family (of 4 ) to travel to Canada in terms of flight ticket when you are eventually issued PRV?

2. Where do you hope to reside for the period of time when you move down to Canada and how do you intend to pay for the rent?

3. How do you hope to cope should you not secure ANY job for a long period of time?

4. What will be your contingency plan should your expectation not be met within the space of time that you project?

5. Should you be asked at the POE when you are landing (after being issued PRV) proof of settlement fund,how do you hope to demonstrate that you are economically established?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by subsidy12: 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2014
That's is long term. All I need now is for applications purposes. With that in mind saving starts immediate after submission. If processing time takes 31months as we have read. That is more than enough time to raise the cash.

But for now I need d statement of account for submission purpose
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
subsidy12: That's is long term. All I need now is for applications purposes. With that in mind saving starts immediate after submission. If processing time takes 31months as we have read. That is more than enough time to raise the cash.

But for now I need d statement of account for submission purpose

Well,it doesn't work that way....Savings (or proof of settlement fund) starts prior to application because it is one of the pre-requisites for issuing a PRV.

It is not worth the effort spending so much (with so much hope and dream) only for all of those to come crashing when it is discovered that you don't actually meet one of the conditions for granting the visa.

Whatever will make anyone want to circumvent the process is enough motivation to want to do anything just to scale the hurdle,this is absolutely condemnable in all ramification.

Nobody says you should tie down fund for the whole period of application but you must be seen to be economically established such that when you are asked to provide a proof,you will not waste time to provide such {with proof of source(s),if required}.

This is a program for skilled workers (who are economically established - this is the rationale behind request for proof of fund,assets and liabilities in the application form).

To come on a public forum asking for "ways to borrow money" when the instruction clearly states otherwise is not only a fundamental breach but morally wrong.It means,should people be granted the visa on that basis,they would deny genuine people who have all it takes the space.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by subsidy12: 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
solomonwis:

Well,it doesn't work that way....Savings (or proof of settlement fund) starts prior to application because it is one of the pre-requisites for issuing a PRV.

It is not worth the effort spending so much (with so much hope and dream) only for all of those to come crashing when it is discovered that you don't actually meet one of the conditions for granting the visa.

Whatever will make anyone want to circumvent the process is enough motivation to want to do anything just to scale the hurdle,this is absolutely condemnable in all ramification.

Nobody says you should tie down fund for the whole period of application but you must be seen to be economically established such that when you are asked to provide a proof,you will not waste time to provide such {with proof of source(s),if required}.

This is a program for skilled workers (who are economically established - this is the rationale behind request for proof of fund,assets and liabilities in the application form).

To come on a public forum asking for "ways to borrow money" when the instruction clearly states otherwise is not only a fundamental breach but morally wrong.It means,should people be granted the visa on that basis,they would deny genuine people who have all it takes the space.

I absolutely agree with you. Pls take out my conversation if you can. Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yokus(f): 7:57am On Aug 19, 2014
pls house i noticepls house i noticed property administrator has -, some other NOCS have 0, what is the difference between dash and 0. i have an idea, but you know one cannot be to sure, plus i wonder why they didnt use 0 throught or dash throughout. thanks, and @ damkollins asides prop administrator, what else can a lawyer apply under.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bash1oo: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2014
Question for solomonwis, Damkollins and other gurus in the house:
Have we had any successful application based on using ECA of only the highest qualification (in this case, using the credential evaluation of only MSc degree)?

solomonwis:

You MUST submit all educational documents with which you secured your ECA result.Failure to do this is an express ground for application rejection.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 9:29am On Aug 19, 2014
solomonwis:

Applications received between May 7th to May 14th,2014...
How can one keep track of the applications been reviewed?
Is there any statistics on successful applicants over the years either by country or profession based?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:54am On Aug 19, 2014
Bash1oo: Question for solomonwis, Damkollins and other gurus in the house:
Have we had any successful application based on using ECA of only the highest qualification (in this case, using the credential evaluation of only MSc degree)?

[b]Yes.
There is an interesting unwritten fact about ECA evaluation which is the major reason why a verification request is been done.
A verification request is sent to your academic institution to confirm the authenticity of the photocopy of the degree certificate you sent and more-so to ask for the pre-requisite qualification before you were admitted for the degree been evaluated.
Your Msc awarding institution is expected to confirm to the evaluated body(ies) that in awarding/granting you admission for your Msc,specific admission requirement was followed which is why on a completed evaluation report,we have "Admission requirements" for the evaluated degree.
An admission requirement for a successfully evaluated Msc degree will indicate "Bsc" or "Bachelor of Science" or "Bachelor of "Engineering" while for a successfully evaluated Bsc degree will have "West African School Certificate" or "General Certificate of Education,Advance level" as admission requirements.
Even though it is advisable to evaluate your academic credentials since the same cost covers all,CIC does not categorically state that you must evaluate all academic credentials,it only says you will be awarded points for your highest completed credentials.
As advised for the purpose of time and submission,evaluate your highest academic credential now as you are running against time but if you are so sure you can follow your Bsc and Msc verification requests through within the same time interval/frame,evaluate both...its the same cost.
Cheers.[/b]

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lillyadet: 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2014
pls guys, how much does it cost to send application from Lagos to CIC office in Canada, and which of the courier services has the lowest charge?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
lillyadet: pls guys, how much does it cost to send application from Lagos to CIC office in Canada, and which of the courier services has the lowest charge?
Between #12,000 and #15,000 should be okay depending on your chosen courier service.
Be careful in using the supposed cheap ones with no guaranteed express service.
I want to believe DHL,UPS or/and FEDex (in no order of effectiveness) are okay.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hi Everyone, just saw my IELTS result :

Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 7.0
Overall: 7.0

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
damkollins:
Between #12,000 and #15,000 should be okay depending on your chosen courier service.
Be careful in using the supposed cheap ones with no guaranteed express service.
I want to believe DHL,UPS or/and FEDex (in no order of effectiveness) are okay.
Cheers.

IAS about 9k, sent docs to US using their service and it got there in 3 days, but i don't know their Canada fees and duration.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 5:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ekpekus1:
Tnx Boss! FSW 2013/2014 never start? Why the delay sef? And they are projecting 2015 express in January. I just pray they speed up the processing. Accra office is just allotted 4 countries if I am not mistaken. I just wonder what can be the result of their snail-speed work.
i am on another group, the canadavisa group and there i've got about 3 people who got their PRV last week and about 4 the revious week, so the 2013 folks should be receiving good news emails from AVO soonest. keep hope alive.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
meta4:
i am on another group, the canadavisa group and there i've got about 3 people who got their PRV last week and about 4 the revious week, so the 2013 folks should be receiving good news emails from AVO soonest. keep hope alive.
Amen! A friend who did in 2012 just got his PRV. And 2013 only accepted 5000 applicants, wondering how many were under the Ghanian visa office. Believing and hoping. Though I am for 2014/15 sha
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
#Hopealive
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
meta4:

Hi Meta.
What is the application year for those who got it recently.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
@damkollins and @solomonwis.
2 quick questions for you guys.
If there are 50Eligible occupations and the cap is 1000 applicants per occupation that makes it 50,000 but the general cap is 25,000. Can you guys possibly assist in clarifying that bit.

Secondly I noticed some occupations have (0) some have (-) what is the difference?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
benik: @damkollins and @solomonwis.
2 quick questions for you guys.
If there are 50Eligible occupations and the cap is 1000 applicants per occupation that makes it 50,000 but the general cap is 25,000. Can you guys possibly assist in clarifying that bit.

Secondly I noticed some occupations have (0) some have (-) what is the difference?

Thank you

The 1,000 cap limit is the maximum that can be accepted (out of the 25,000) for each eligible occupation. It therefore means that some occupations might not reach their cap limit while some others will do before the total maximum complete applications received.

Let me paint a simple scenario,If out of the 25,000 maximum to be accepted, 1,000 people applied for 1111 (Financial Auditors & Accountants) and only 400 applied for 0113 (Purchasing Managers) and the total application received has reached 25,000.There will be no more intake as the maximum for the year has been reached (not minding the fact that Occupation 0113 (Purchasing Manager) has only 400 applications.

As regards the (0) and the (-) in some occupations,I believe they both mean the same thing. That might just be some programming error (This is my opinion).It means no (complete) application has been received yet.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jangirova: 10:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hello guys, just want to know whether WES sends academic certificate for verification online or via regular mails /courier to schools. My school is yet to receive any doc from WES though my account read 'awaiting doc. verification from school' .Almost 2 wks now.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lillyadet: 12:41am On Aug 20, 2014
jangirova: Hello guys, just want to know whether WES sends academic certificate for verification online or via regular mails /courier to schools. My school is yet to receive any doc from WES though my account read 'awaiting doc. verification from school' .Almost 2 wks now.

I would advise you tell your school to check their e-mail as mine was sent via that medium and I was fortunate to know someone at the registrar office that helped out.
1, If possible, go to the registrar office and explain to his/her secretary as I believe yours can't be first.
2, Make sure you have follow up as some institution don't always take it serious. If there is no pressure, they will just put the file somewhere and respond at their own leisure time.
Let me use mine as a sample case:

When WES updated my status with "awaiting verification from institution", I put a call across to my school to confirm but unfortunately, they didn't know the medium through which the verification was sent. On the third day, I called one of my contact in registrar's office and the lady pleaded with the secretary to check the school e-mail box and guess what? they sent it through mail.

My file was transferred to student affairs unit the following day, and it took them like 3 weeks (12 working days to be precise) before they could get done with. After which I was asked which option between e-mail and courier I would want and I went for e-mail cuz I don't want to spend extra dime on courier. They scanned the verification to WES the third week, and WES updated my status 2 days after that "evaluation in progress". 5 working days after this, I received an e-mail from WES that evaluation has been completed! But i made a costly mistake of picking a regular mail option when i registered as I still await my copy...

I hope you or someone out der learn something from this. Take care.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lollipop29: 12:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Please House I need advise ASAP.

Is it a MUST and a prerequisite that my spouse must write IELTS exams since she's not the principal applicant? I am asking because I am the primary applicant and I have done my evaluation and scored 70%. And to make matters worst, we live in PH and IELTS exams are no longer held in PH (at least for now) and my wife gave birth few weeks back. So traveling to another state with a new born baby and all the inconveniences attached warranted my question.

Also, there is a section in the application form that asked " if your Spouse is proficient in English language". If I say NO, what is the implication? And if I say YES, it will require I provide an evidence (which is the IELTS test score).

Please I need urgent replies so I can decide either to go ahead and submit my application now or to enroll her for the exam in another state.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lillyadet: 1:20am On Aug 20, 2014
lollipop29: Please House I need advise ASAP.

Is it a MUST and a prerequisite that my spouse must write IELTS exams since she's not the principal applicant? I am asking because I am the primary applicant and I have done my evaluation and scored 70%. And to make matters worst, we live in PH and IELTS exams are no longer held in PH (at least for now) and my wife gave birth few weeks back. So traveling to another state with a new born baby and all the inconveniences attached warranted my question.

Also, there is a section in the application form that asked " if your Spouse is proficient in English language". If I say NO, what is the implication? And if I say YES, it will require I provide an evidence (which is the IELTS test score).

Please I need urgent replies so I can decide either to go ahead and submit my application now or to enroll her for the exam in another state.

It's not a must your wife writes but it can add additional 5 points to yours if she does. But from your last sentence, i deduced u've had the required 67 points already. Should that be the case, i suggest you pocket your 35k but if your point is shaky, pls let her write. You can only be asked to provide proof if she earn point for adaptability for you which is under point for adaptability. You can as well mention the form name in order to be clear. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:23am On Aug 20, 2014
lollipop29: Please House I need advise ASAP.

Rightly advised already by the poster before me......the main reason why most applicant's spouse write is when they envisage that they need the 5 marks from spouse's English adaptability to cross to 67 point eligibility for them to be able to apply.If indeed your self calculated point is already 67 points or more,you really do not need her to write again unless she's keen on writing it just inccase she might need it as a principal applicant later.
For now,you should concentrate all your positive efforts and energy in submitting without errors.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2014
yomifowe: Hi Everyone, just saw my IELTS result :

Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 7.0
Overall: 7.0

Congrats!
Seems to me like 22 points!.
Great!
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 9:12am On Aug 20, 2014
solomonwis:

The 1,000 cap limit is the maximum that can be accepted (out of the 25,000) for each eligible occupation. It therefore means that some occupations might not reach their cap limit while some others will do before the total maximum complete applications received.

Let me paint a simple scenario,If out of the 25,000 maximum to be accepted, 1,000 people applied for 1111 (Financial Auditors & Accountants) and only 400 applied for 0113 (Purchasing Managers) and the total application received has reached 25,000.There will be no more intake as the maximum for the year has been reached (not minding the fact that Occupation 0113 (Purchasing Manager) has only 400 applications.

As regards the (0) and the (-) in some occupations,I believe they both mean the same thing. That might just be some programming error (This is my opinion).It means no (complete) application has been received yet.
If that's the case, then some "hotcake" profession may actually reduce the space of others especially Medics whose verification process takes at least 105 days for those from this region. Na wah for this FSWP. I actually never took the 50 professions/1000 caps/ 25000 needed applicants into cognizance. Thanks for highlight same here

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.