Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,304 members, 7,957,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:50 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (838778 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2014
damkollins:
Congrats!
Seems to me like 22 points!.
Great!
Cheers.

Thanks bro.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2014
I sent mty documents to wes last week and got a mail that it has been received. I then went ahead to pay yesterday. I checked my statue this morning and still saw 'waiting for required documents'

Pls my people, what should i do?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 11:12am On Aug 20, 2014
yomifowe: I sent mty documents to wes last week and got a mail that it has been received. I then went ahead to pay yesterday. I checked my statue this morning and still saw 'waiting for required documents'

Pls my people, what should i do?
Simple. You send in a copy of your certificate and your school sends in your transcripts. Have you mandated your school to send that in?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by frankad: 11:16am On Aug 20, 2014
Hello Solomonwis, damkollins and the other gurus, weldone for the good work you guys have been doing so far.
I'll like to confirm something please...
My husband's IELTS results are as follows:
Listening: 7.0
Reading: 5.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.0
Overall: 6.5
He is the principal applicant. I understand that this falls below the 24 points required, so I as the wife I'm thinking of registering for the next IELTS test.
My question is: Can I take the test and have my result merged with his own to qualify for us to apply? Or does he also need to take the test again?
Please assist.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
frankad: Hello Solomonwis, damkollins and the other gurus, weldone for the good work you guys have been doing so far.
He is the principal applicant. I understand that this falls below the 24 points required, so I as the wife I'm thinking of registering for the next IELTS test.
My question is: Can I take the test and have my result merged with his own to qualify for us to apply? Or does he also need to take the test again?
Please assist.
[b]Madam...I commend your effort and I will still encourage you to do more.
As good as your hubby's result is,the only dark spot is the reading aspect where he got 5.5.The standard requirement is that a principal applicant needs to get minimum of 6 band marks in ALL 4 language tests in a sitting.Scoring high band marks in 3 while one is less than 6 is considered insufficient for FSW application as a principal applicant.
For now,evaluate your hubby's points needed to make 67 points,Let him register for a new IELTS general test(Compulsorily because the current one can not fly).
Encourage him to strive to make minimum 6 band marks in all the four test (L,W,S&R) and he will be cool with the result.
In encouraging him and not to take any chances,if you can afford it,you can register also....for you,you don't need to score up to 6 band marks to donate your adaptability points of 5 marks to the family.With barely 4 band marks in all four tests,the five points is assured and guaranteed.
For now,let him register as soon as he can.If you don't have materials for practice,ask here on the forum leaving your email address,it will be forwarded to you.
I wish you the very best.
Cheers.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lillyadet: 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
frankad: Hello Solomonwis, damkollins and the other gurus, weldone for the good work you guys have been doing so far.
Please assist.

In addition to what damkollins said and from what i deduced from what you wrote, " I understand that this falls below the 24 points required" 24 points is the maximum u can get for first official language while 16 points is the minimum required to add to other selection factors (i.e if your husband gets a minimum of 6 in all four language areas and he can only get the 24 points if scored nothing less than 9 in all four language areas).
Though I wrote my IELTS once and despite the time dedicated for practicing and the tactics used, I didn't get 9 in all the areas. I know it is possible but I would advise you write the IELTS as well to support him with additional 5 points.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
benik:
Simple. You send in a copy of your certificate and your school sends in your transcripts. Have you mandated your school to send that in?

Thanks. The transcript my school sent has already been received by them and i don't have a copy, I only have my certificate photocopy. After paying esterday, I wrote to notify them of the sent documents but yet to get any reply.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
yomifowe:

Thanks. The transcript my school sent has already been received by them and i don't have a copy, I only have my certificate photocopy. After paying esterday, I wrote to notify them of the sent documents but yet to get any reply.
Just give them till the end of the week.
I'm sure they will sort it out soonest.
You may send a reminder mail to them again.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jangirova: 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
@ lillyadet , thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
yomifowe:

When applying for FSWP (after you must have obtained your ECA result),you will need both copies of your educational certificate as well as copies of your transcripts. You should make effort to obtain a student copy of your transcripts.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lillyadet: 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
jangirova: @ lillyadet , thanks for your response.

u're welcome.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by frankad: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
damkollins:
[b]Madam...I commend your effort and I will still encourage you to do more.
As good as your hubby's result is,the only dark spot is the reading aspect where he got 5.5.The standard requirement is that a principal applicant needs to get minimum of 6 band marks in ALL 4 language tests in a sitting.Scoring high band marks in 3 while one is less than 6 is considered insufficient for FSW application as a principal applicant.
For now,evaluate your hubby's points needed to make 67 points,Let him register for a new IELTS general test(Compulsorily because the current one can not fly).
Encourage him to strive to make minimum 6 band marks in all the four test (L,W,S&R) and he will be cool with the result.
In encouraging him and not to take any chances,if you can afford it,you can register also....for you,you don't need to score up to 6 band marks to donate your adaptability points of 5 marks to the family.With barely 4 band marks in all four tests,the five points is assured and guaranteed.
For now,let him register as soon as he can.If you don't have materials for practice,ask here on the forum leaving your email address,it will be forwarded to you.
I wish you the very best.
Cheers.[/b]
Thank you so much! I'll get on the practising now. I'll appreciate the materials please. The email address is gvcyfk@gmail.com. God bless you!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
damkollins:
Just give them till the end of the week.
I'm sure they will sort it out soonest.
You may send a reminder mail to them again.
Cheers.

Ok Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
solomonwis:

When applying for FSWP (after you must have obtained your ECA result),you will need both copies of your educational certificate as well as copies of your transcripts. You should make effort to obtain a student copy of your transcripts.

Really? But i am aware that schools don't issue transcript by hand to graduate student except institutions. So how am i supposed to get a copy?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
yomifowe:

Really? But i am aware that schools don't issue transcript by hand to graduate student except institutions. So how am i supposed to get a copy?

There is always a student copy issued....I am sure a lot of people have that here..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 6:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
solomonwis:

There is always a student copy issued....I am sure a lot of people have that here..
Yes some school gives while some doesn't or perhaps ,the students themselves never thought of asking or applying for it.
I stand to be corrected ,a reliable buddy from Unilag told me that the school doesn't issue student's copy of the transcripts.
Some schools even give it out for graduating students while some doesn't soooooo different schools with different policy.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 9:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
solomonwis:

Transcript is not one of the required documents for 2014/15 FSWP. The checklist prove thus. So transcript ain't needed as the ECA would have covered that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bjayzeez: 12:23am On Aug 21, 2014
I was going to call icas and ask if my transcript have been sent for verification, and I got this when I checked the file status. I know it may seem pretty obvious, but does that mean my unis have responded to their verification requests? Also, I haven't sent my WAEC results.... Would this have an implication? Biko I wanna know. I need help anyone. Thanks

..by the way, I love the edit option on my mobile cheesy

meta4:
i am currently usibg ICAS, yes the require it, they have assessed my documents remaining the official document (transcript) my school is yet to send to them. so far so good.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rofemiguwa(f): 1:36am On Aug 21, 2014
Is it still on. Oi checked their website and they said it has being stopped. Please confirm if I cAn stiLl go
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:53am On Aug 21, 2014
Ekpekus1:
Transcript is not one of the required documents for 2014/15 FSWP. The checklist prove thus. So transcript ain't needed as the ECA would have covered that.

I stressed that because I have seen quite a number of people make that mistake (and yes, I have seen an application returned simply because the applicant assumed ECA result covers your educational qualification,especially your certificate). This is a wrong notion.

You might want to read more (carefully this time)using the checklist attached here as a guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

(List number 13 on the checklist specifically mentioned what you claim to be "unnecessary"wink.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Ekpekus1: 5:43am On Aug 21, 2014
solomonwis:

I stressed that because I have seen quite a number of people make that mistake (and yes, I have seen an application returned simply because the applicant assumed ECA result covers your educational qualification,especially your certificate). This is a wrong notion.

You might want to read more (carefully this time)using the checklist attached here as a guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

(List number 13 on the checklist specifically mentioned what you claim to be "unnecessary"wink.
The checklist stated "IF AVAILABLE" as regard transcript. Certainly, copies of the certificates will be sent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 21, 2014
bjayzeez: I was going to call icas and ask if my transcript have been sent for verification, and I got this when I checked the file status. I know it may seem pretty obvious, but does that mean my unis have responded to their verification requests? Also, I haven't sent my WAEC results.... Would this have an implication? Biko I wanna know. I need help anyone. Thanks

..by the way, I love the edit option on my mobile cheesy

Yeah.. They have seen all your transcripts and your application reviewed for completeness. You have another 8-10weeks to wait before they will assess your credentials. Take " chill pill" and continue gathering other documents
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seemples(f): 9:49am On Aug 21, 2014
Good morning my ogas and madames, I have learnt a huge lot since i stumbled on this site. Thanks and many thanks all for your writings.

I think I'm starting very late but i still want to give the program a shot.

I want to request for my transcript but i am far from my school location so I filled out the WES academic request form softcopy, appended my scanned signature and sent to someone to help print out and submit to school.
Please is that okay as it will accompany the transcript straight back to WES or must i fill the request form with pen?

Kindly answer please
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 9:55am On Aug 21, 2014
seemples: Good morning my ogas and madames, I have learnt a huge lot since i stumbled on this site. Thanks and many thanks all for your writings.

I want to request for my transcript but i am far from my school location so I filled out the WES academic request form softcopy, appended my scanned signature and sent to someone to help print out and submit to school.
Please is that okay as it will accompany the transcript straight back to WES or must i fill the request form with pen?

Kindly answer please

Yes you are on track
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2014
seemples: Good morning my ogas and madames, I have learnt a huge lot since i stumbled on this site. Thanks and many thanks all for your writings.

Kindly answer please
Its better late than never.....Wishing you the best.
You are okay with your gesture.
Since you have made sure your electronic signature and personal details with reference number(from WES after payment and registration) are all contained in it....you are cool.
You don't have to fill it with pen.
Many of us lived far away from our academic institutions also and so we employed same strategy which turned out positive.
Wishing you the best.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seemples(f): 10:58am On Aug 21, 2014
damkollins:
Its better late than never.....Wishing you the best.
You are okay with your gesture.
Since you have made sure your electronic signature and personal details with reference number(from WES after payment and registration) are all contained in it....you are cool.
You don't have to fill it with pen.
Many of us lived far away from our academic institutions also and so we employed same strategy which turned out positive.
Wishing you the best.
Cheers.

Thank you so very much sir
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
Damkollins...please can you sens me tge IELTS study pack
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by seemples(f): 12:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
benik:

Yes you are on track

Thanks my sister!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
damkollins:
Yes some school gives while some doesn't or perhaps ,the students themselves never thought of asking or applying for it.
I stand to be corrected ,a reliable buddy from Unilag told me that the school doesn't issue student's copy of the transcripts.
Some schools even give it out for graduating students while some doesn't soooooo different schools with different policy.
Cheers

That might be true, but mine doesnt.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ekpekus1:
The checklist stated "IF AVAILABLE" as regard transcript. Certainly, copies of the certificates will be sent.

Just checked it now. I think you are correct.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ekpekus1:
yomifowe:
Just checked it now. I think you are correct.
Thanks.

I owe it to prospective applicants this obligation to bring information that are considered important in ensuring a stress/struggle free application.

Regarding the inclusion of transcripts in the application for FSWP,let me make the following submission:

1. The checklist states Under Proof of Education that "To receive point for education,you must provide proof that you have completed a Canadian Secondary or post-secondary educational program OR submit an original ECA report along with proof of the foreign educational credential(s) for which you are claiming points.."

The instruction went further to state.." Proof of your completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of:
(a)secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates,diplomas or degrees)
(b) transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies,if available

It is therefore important for prospective applicants not to throw caution in the wind...CIC has got nothing to lose but the applicants.

2. What does it cost to include copies of transcripts if it cost a whole lot to carry out an assessment of educational credentials? To my mind,it cost next to nothing..so why not include it in the application?

3.If the transcripts are not available (as I understand some educational institutions don't issue out student copies),why not include a cover letter as to why the transcripts are not available? Again,this also cost absolutely nothing! It is to guard against any reason for rejection...

I would rather include my transcripts and be free from anxiety than not include it and begin to think if one has done the right thing..

To cap it all up, here is a reason for which an application was rejected recently: "...Incomplete Application, educational documents not submitted with ECA..."

Some people might have scaled the hurdle not including their proof of completed educational qualification(s) along with their ECA result,it doesn't make it absolutely right...

It is better to err on the side of caution
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ankprank: 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
hi

I had applied under 1112 category and have recd a mail from cic mentioning UCI no of 8 digits and containing "a positive determination of eligibility to be processed" is this the PER letter what we can assume and if yes then what should be the next steps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (322)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.