Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) (48637 Views)

Keri Hilson Dancing Etighi & Azonto In Abuja [VIDEO] / Keri Hilson Is Now In Nigeria (pics) / Keri Hilson Is Pretty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by adeokunade: 6:57pm On May 05, 2013
torgbe: lie lie,na Ashanti delicacy from Ghana...make una check wikipedia or google
see ds guy o dey don westernise your brain o, na wikipedia go tell u about Fufu. U fit even go check the meaning of ur surname on wikipedia
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by ibkgab001: 7:00pm On May 05, 2013
;DShe cooked it.... Her mom has a shop very close to our house @ No 15 adeleke ave oworoshoki
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by Foodconsumer(m): 7:03pm On May 05, 2013
ibkgab001: No 15 adeleke ave oworoshoki

OWORO GINI?

1 Like

Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by onila(f): 7:05pm On May 05, 2013
babe_online:
you cant take a simple correction and on as part of your signature you have ''team change ofe-manu girls attitude''. SMH because okoro sister I think you really need to change your attitude.
i was just playing with her, dummy

2 Likes

Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by Diasporan(m): 7:06pm On May 05, 2013
The FUFU she made are all those already processed powdered type.Not too difficult to make.Perhaps she got it from an African store in the city she live.A big thump up to her though
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 05, 2013
I AM ABOUT TO KILL THIS NIGGA. WTH HE HAS BEEN PLAYING CELINE DIONE ON LOUD SINCE MORNING. LORD I CANNOT DEAL WITH THIs ISH ANY LONGER. IF HE AINT SNORING LIKE A BEAR HE Is FKn PLAYING CELINE DIOne. WHICH NIGGA IN THIS DAY AND AGE LISTENS TO CELINe DIONE. WEEEREY
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by spoofproof: 7:42pm On May 05, 2013
volumptuos_babe: I AM ABOUT TO KILL THIS NIGGA. WTH HE HAS BEEN PLAYING CELINE DIONE ON LOUD SINCE MORNING. LORD I CANNOT DEAL WITH THIs ISH ANY LONGER. IF HE AINT SNORING LIKE A BEAR HE Is FKn PLAYING CELINE DIOne. WHICH NIGGA IN THIS DAY AND AGE LISTENS TO CELINe DIONE. WEEEREY

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by solomon111(m): 7:42pm On May 05, 2013
torgbe: Fufu is a Ghanaian meal...mzKeri took it when she visited Ghana in dec.2012 with bow wow and has forever been in love with it...she even said this in an interview on BET
You are basing your facts on wikipedia?
A Wikipedia page that could have been edited by ghanians?
Lol.
Nigerians have been eating fufu in their various ethnic groups,hundreds of years before Nigeria or ghana came into existence.
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by logica(m): 7:52pm On May 05, 2013
Apparently, what is generally referred to as fufu includes akpu and probably even what the Yorubas call amala (since I read some people make fufu from plantain).
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by aniiii(f): 8:11pm On May 05, 2013
the foofoo looks plain!!

no sauce ??

by the way what is foofoo??

im learning
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by Kajina: 8:16pm On May 05, 2013
solomon111: You are basing your facts on wikipedia?
A Wikipedia page that could have been edited by ghanians?
Lol.
Nigerians have been eating fufu in their various ethnic groups,hundreds of years before Nigeria or ghana came into existence.

The bolded

Info from the same Wikipedia says AMALA is a Nigerian (Yorubas) invention. Do you agree with that, or that info could have also been edited by Nigerians, making it not valied

4 Likes

Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by abbeybanks(m): 8:16pm On May 05, 2013
enjoy, ms. keri babbbbby
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by Blueeyedboi(m): 8:17pm On May 05, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
stop getting hyper over nothing she asked me how am i and i replied. I see others speaking alot of french, patois etc on this site and i don"t see u yabbing at them.
...You guys always come around here en disrespect Nigeria...if there's nothing happening in ghana i suggest u lot apply for visa bt whenever you're on a nigerian forum,.show some respect!!
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by jayiyke007(m): 9:03pm On May 05, 2013
#in keri's voice# it's miss Keri baby... 9ce one gurlfriend. Her performance @ an event in 9ja this year was awesome. Jeez! She rocks...
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by Beync(f): 10:03pm On May 05, 2013
that not how to make fufu, that's semovita.
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by Nobody: 11:37pm On May 05, 2013
Beync: that not how to make fufu, that's semovita.
lolz
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by Revolva(m): 11:56pm On May 05, 2013
shocked i beg na lie jare...the pics was framed...to make her like Nigeria....na one naija lady go pound am down and tell keri to come snap pics with the fufu....i beg ..jare ..oya where d soup wey she go take eat am..na today if she no wan commit sucide..swallowing it......like dat ...abi she tink say na D..k
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by FufuKing(m): 12:02am On May 06, 2013
She can be my fufuqueen!!!!! cool
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by logica(m): 12:18am On May 06, 2013
It is obvious many of the people commenting here have never interacted with African Americans. They (African Americans) refer to any of the doughy foods (so called swallow) West Africans prepare as fufu (and that of course includes even flour mix which 9ja people eat abroad and poundo yam).
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by rhymz(m): 12:33am On May 06, 2013
Let's get something straight here: Fufu is not Ghanaian or has its origin in Ghana. I am Igbo and know that fufu inlike highlife is a cultural thing in my place, it has existed way before Ghana or Nigeria were known as countries, it is like somebody saying pounded yam is Ghanaian.
In Igbo land we don't even call it fufu, we call it Akpu japu, and we prepare it very differently from those varient I see ghanaians eat, ours is strictly done with cassava, aint no such thing as plantain or Yam fufu, strictly japu (cassava).
Ghanaians generally call sticky pastes made from tuber plants and plantain fufu which to me is very different from ours, so no need to make claims that have very obvious differences, the only thing they can make claim to is probably the name fufu, we actually do not call it fufu but Akpu and am sure calabar people have their own name for it as well. But to claim that we learnt it or stole the art from you guyz is to push the boundaries of ignorance, no Igbo man or easterner learnt the art of eating or making fufu or Akpu from any external source let alone from Ghana, that food is as cultural and customary to Igbos like the breaking of kolanuts for after prayers or to entertain visitors. So you all can stop arrogating it to yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by londoner: 2:56am On May 06, 2013
Seriously.....what do ghanaians think other Africans have been doing with their cassava or yam all these years?

What do they think Nigerians have been eating with their wide array of soups all along?

What do you think other Africans have been using their pestle and mortar to pound all these years?

We have been eating it with akpu (fufu),eba, amala, pounded yam etc.

You did not invent fufu or fufu type food, the word fufu may have originated from an Akan word (which by the way is not just in Ghana), but the food itself has been a general African staple..........wikipedia or any other website can not tell me they came to that conclusion with any evidence at all.

In Igboland it is not called fufu, but Akpu....an Igbo word.

1 Like

Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by Nobody: 3:02am On May 06, 2013
^^^ rhymz and londoner, una dey vex o.
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by londoner: 3:58am On May 06, 2013
ItsModella: ^^^ rhymz and londoner, una dey vex o.

I'm not vex. but a tad annoyed.

Even if you look at the Ghanaian way of eating fufu.....it is totally different from our way, and their accompanying soups are also different.

They eat theirs in the same bowl as the soup....we dont.

We serve our fufu separately from the soup apart from some yorubas, who sometimes have theirs on the same plate as the pounded yam/eba etc.

Our fufu is totally difrerent both in texture and taste. i have had Ghana fufu in Ghana and Nigerian Akpu or fufu as a stable growing up........they are NOT the same.
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by rhymz(m): 6:27am On May 06, 2013
londoner: Seriously.....what do ghanaians think other Africans have been doing with their cassava or yam all these years?

What do they think Nigerians have been eating with their wide array of soups all along?

What do you think other Africans have been using their pestle and mortar to pound all these years?

We have been eating it with akpu (fufu),eba, amala, pounded yam etc.

You did not invent fufu or fufu type food, the word fufu may have originated from an Akan word (which by the way is not just in Ghana), but the food itself has been a general African staple..........wikipedia or any other website can not tell me they came to that conclusion with any evidence at all.

In Igboland it is not called fufu, but Akpu....an Igbo word.

My sister you could'nt have said it any better o. . . i am realy surprised at the general level of ignorance shown especially by Nigerians on this thread. Akpu that is a common staple na alaigbo and eaten with soups, some of which I doubt non-easterners have even seen before, na im Ghanaianians come here dey claim say they invent or we copied it from them. . Lol. . Wetin person no go hear from My Ghana coleagues sef. This one sef one turn to azonto? Tomorrow sef dem go begin tell us say mmai ngwo, ugba, Abacha, nkwobi and the likes na ghana food. How we even take sure say dem never claim eba or garri as Ghanaian food. And some dude dey hear dey shout wiki wiki, forgetting wiki is an open source website, I can tell the whole world on wiki that I am smarter than Eistein and wiki go just bone up and still paste my delusions, does not change the facts any eeediots can be anything on wiki, no serious scholar take information on wiki seriously cos it is an open source site for every tom dike and Akrika.

1 Like

Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by GHSwagg: 8:02am On May 06, 2013
londoner:

I'm not vex. but a tad annoyed.

Even if you look at the Ghanaian way of eating fufu.....it is totally different from our way, and their accompanying soups are also different.

They eat theirs in the same bowl as the soup....we dont.

We serve our fufu separately from the soup apart from some yorubas, who sometimes have theirs on the same plate as the pounded yam/eba etc.

Our fufu is totally difrerent both in texture and taste. i have had Ghana fufu in Ghana and Nigerian Akpu or fufu as a stable growing up........they are NOT the same .

My friend what you just described are two different foods. One is called fufu and the other akpu. You have tasted both and confirmed that they are not the same in terms of texture and taste. You made it clear that what Ghanaians call fufu doesn't taste and feel like akpu. So it makes sense that they have different names.

Now, since Nigerians don’t eat what Ghanaians call fufu and Ghanaians don’t eat what Nigerians call akpu, can we just agree that fufu is distinctively Ghanaian while akpu is Nigerian? I’ll love to one day try akpu smiley

And what is posted on Wikipedia is about fufu not akpu LOL!

3 Likes

Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by XtremeBase(f): 8:11am On May 06, 2013
onila: shes dating a Congolese basketball-er serga Ibaka

thats y shes making fufu

The same Keri Hilson that said some years back that she could never date a basketballer as she wasn't ready to be a trophy! Hmmn! Tsk tsk!
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by rhymz(m): 8:26am On May 06, 2013
GH Swagg:

My friend what you just described are two different foods. One is called fufu and the other akpu. You have tasted both and confirmed that they are not the same in terms of texture and taste. You made it clear that what Ghanaians call fufu doesn't taste and feel like akpu. So it makes sense that they have different names.

So since Nigerians don’t eat what Ghanaians call fufu and Ghanaians don’t eat what Nigerians call akpu, can we just agree that fufu is distinctively Ghanaian while akpu is Nigerian? I’ll love to one day try akpu smiley

so in order words, all ghanaian fufu taste alike, even the ones made from plantain abi?
Guy, lets not turn english on its head, what we are saying is that the varient we eat here even though may be generally known as fufu but it has nothing to do with Ghana or borrows its origin from Ghana. Fufu as it is reffered to in Ghana and every other part of west Africa is not tied to any one tuber semi-solid paste, it is a general term used to describe them unlike in Nigeria where it solely describes akpu. No nigerian can mistake Akpu with those other varients they still call fufu, yet they all known as fufu.
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by rhymz(m): 8:31am On May 06, 2013
GH Swagg:

So since Nigerians don’t eat what Ghanaians call fufu and Ghanaians don’t eat what Nigerians call akpu, can we just agree that fufu is distinctively Ghanaian while akpu is Nigerian? I’ll love to one day try akpu smiley

so in order words, all ghanaian fufu taste alike, even the ones made from plantain abi?
Guy, lets not turn english on its head, what we are saying is that the varient we eat here even though may be generally known as fufu but it has nothing to do with Ghana or borrows its origin from Ghana. Fufu as it is reffered to in Ghana and every other part of west Africa is not tied to any one tuber semi-solid paste, it is a general term used to describe them unlike in Nigeria where it solely describes akpu. No nigerian can mistake Akpu with those other varients they still call fufu, yet they all known as fufu.
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by Onuokwu: 8:32am On May 06, 2013
adaobi123: She dey try grin

But did she eat it ? tongue

Maybe, Maybe not. She probably has a naija bf in the shadows. grin
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by madeinnigeria: 8:47am On May 06, 2013
Most nigerian gils sef no sabi prepare am thumbs up keri
Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by GHSwagg: 9:06am On May 06, 2013
rhymz: so in order words, all ghanaian fufu taste alike, even the ones made from plantain abi?

The bolded...What I can say is that Ghanaians don't eat akpu, neither do we call fufu akpu, so akpu didn't borrow it's origin from Ghana. Relax my brother, it's all good smiley

2 Likes

Re: Keri Hilson Makes A Bowl Of Fufu (photo) by GHSwagg: 9:11am On May 06, 2013
rhymz: yeah right. . . Wait until you see real Nigerian fufu or Akpu. Trust me Ghanaians don't eat Fufu better than Igbos or Calabar ppl. It is a common staple associated with them in Nigeria. We dont use plantain or whatever, strictly cassava. And igbos do it quite differently from Calabar that roast theirs. We have the best soups for fufu than ghanaians trust me on that.

About the bolded... My brother don't even go there ooo! That one no be true!

Have you ever bitten your finger eating your soup? I guess not. Try our fufu soups and see what would happen cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COZA Pastor & Busola Dakolo: Licious Rika Speaks On Rape Allegation / BBNaija Winner Vs Best Graduating Student With 1st Class From UNN (PHOTO) / Oga Bello & Femi Adebayo Trying The DAB Dance (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.