Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) (5954 Views)

Photos: How Nnamdi Kanu Is Intimidating The Federal Government / Igbo Intimidating Buhari With Biafra To Get Appointments – Sagay / Nairalanders Intimidating CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:08pm On May 06, 2013
I believe that God has a purpose and a plan for everyone. From my very humble beginnings, it is only through the grace of God that I could have earned a Distinction grade at the secondary school; a B.Sc (First Class Honours) (Economics); an M.Sc. and a Ph.D (Economics) winning Departmental, Faculty and University awards as best graduating student at the University of Nigeria. I had cumulative four years of post-doctoral training and research in some of the world’s best institutions including the Brookings Institution, Washington, DC; University of Oxford, UK; University of Warwick, UK; Cambridge University as Smuts scholar; UN Economic Commission for Africa; the IMF Research Department, etc. I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (FCIB); Fellow of the Nigerian Economic Society (FNES), and awarded Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) (Honoris Causa) from three Universities. 

I was visiting Associate Professor at Swarthmore College, USA, and promoted Professor of Economics at the age of 38 (University of Nigeria, Nsukka). I lived and worked in Ethiopia, U.K., and the USA and travelled to 45 other countries before joining Government in 2003. As consultant to 18 international organizations (including the World Bank, IMF, OECD Paris, European Union, African Union, USAID, UK-DFID, ADB, IBM Consulting, USA; IDRC Canada; Chemonics International, USA;  United Nations, UNIDO, ECOWAS, COMESA, CODESRIA, UNCTAD; AERC Nairobi) I garnered wide ranging experiences and knowledge. I was also the founding Executive Director of the African Institute for Applied Economics, Enugu. I have to my credit over 80 scholarly publications, 15 books, and over 250 monographs, conference papers and public lectures.

At the Federal Government (2003 – 2009), I held five substantive positions: Chief Economic Adviser to the President; Deputy Chairman/Chief Executive of the National Planning Commission (of ministerial rank by law); Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria; Chairman, Nigeria Security Printing and Minting Company (NSPM), Plc; Founder and Chairman, Africa Finance Corporation (AFC), as well as membership of more than 25 technical/policy committees. These assignments saw us draft the Government’s reform agenda (National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy, NEEDS); massively restructured nonperforming government institutions; rebuilt the CBN and NSPM; revolutionalized the Nigerian banking/financial system; set up a new international financial institution, AFC, and helped to steer the Nigerian economy away from the global financial crisis. For these accomplishments, I have been decorated with scores of awards, including being awarded the African and Global Central Bank Governor of the year, 2006 by the Banker (Financial Times) and the Financial Times of London has described me as “a great reformer”. The Federal Government has conferred the third highest national honour (Commander of the Federal Republic, CFR) on me in 2006--- in recognition of accomplished performance.

Recently, I have served as a member of the United Nations Commission of Experts on the Global Economic and Financial Crisis. Also, I have served as a member of the International Advisory Group for the UK- DFID, and still member of the 7- man Chief Economist Advisory Council of the World Bank.  Immediately after completing my tenure of office as Governor of the Central Bank, I have accepted three international offers.

I served the Federal Government of Nigeria under two Presidents and below are excerpts of what each had to say about my services to Nigeria:

“Charles Soludo is a true Nigerian. He is the sort of Nigerian that we all know we can rely on. Among his numerous virtues is COURAGE. I have found in him a man who can take tough and realistic decisions, stand his ground, educate others on the salience of his decision, and work very hard to ensure that the decision is efficiently and effectively implemented. His dedication to duty is first rate. His leadership qualities are admirable and his willingness to listen and learn is simply infectious.
Professor Soludo has within a short time emerged as one of the leading lights of our nation. Not because he has a godfather but by sheer hard work, loyalty, dedication to duty, commitment to the nation, creativity, and undiluted association with the reform agenda, ”. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, GCFR (December, 2004)

President Yar’Adua had the following the say about the CBN under my leadership:

“… the CBN has performed creditably well in delivering on its core mandates. This is especially even more so in the last five years. Most people would agree that without the successful banking consolidation and effective management of our foreign reserves, the current global crisis would have shaken the financial system and our national economy to their foundations with calamitous consequences”; President Yar’Adua (May 2009).

In the President’s letter of commendation after completion of my tenure of office, the President had the following to say:

“As your tenure as Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria comes to a glorious end, I write on behalf of the Government and people of Nigeria to place on record our debt of gratitude to you for your dedicated service and uncommon sense of duty over the past five years. I am confident that your worthy antecedents in the CBN and in prior appointments in the service of our nation remain sources of inspiration to an entire generation. As I wish you even more astounding successes in the years ahead, it is my fervent hope that you will readily avail us of your distinguished service when the need arises in the future” (June 2009).

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:39pm On May 06, 2013
Pls can someone post El-Rufai's CV and let's compare and contrast.

10 Likes

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:52pm On May 06, 2013
RICHIE BOI: i suppose this doesn't change the price of garri in the market. next topic pls

You never know bro
Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:54pm On May 06, 2013
Somebody please tell Soludo to run under the banner of APGA. The party is in coalition with PDP anyway.

Win Anambra now and worry about the Presidency later.

5 Likes

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by esn1(f): 4:10pm On May 06, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Somebody please tell Soludo to run under the banner of APGA. The party is in coalition with PDP anyway.

Please tell him. His likes are needed in Anambra state. Evil thrives only when good people are silent.

1 Like

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:10pm On May 06, 2013
esn1:

Please tell him. His likes are needed in Anambra state. Evil thrives only when good people are silent.

Let's pray he wins.
Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by mekaboy(m): 7:15pm On May 06, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Let's pray he wins.

We have to make him win, enough of prayer and more action.
Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by IGBOSON1: 7:39pm On May 06, 2013
mekaboy:

We have to make him win, enough of prayer and more action.

^^^Heheheheh grin grin grin

Come hell or high water, he's winning that election! wink

1 Like

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by crispgg: 7:48pm On May 06, 2013
Please those who say Sanusi is an intellectual should put up his resume here... Let us compare.

2 Likes

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:17pm On May 06, 2013
crispgg: Please those who say Sanusi is an intellectual should put up his resume here... Let us compare.

You'll wait till the second coming of Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by bloggernaija: 8:18pm On May 06, 2013
Just like Alan Greenspan. He is extremely overrated. Was it not under his watch the banks went bust.he rode the wave of high oil prices and hot money which poured into the nigerian economy/stock exchange .good he consolidated the banks. Even an ordinary lecturer in my university days made the same suggestion during Abacha days because every Tom dick and Harry had back. However he failed the basic task of the central bank government. To regulate the banks.rather, he was fraternising with them.the impact of the resulting bubble was that a lot of people lost their jobs and livelihood.the same reason he was sacked.
While neo liberal junk expert Alan Greenspan has been thrown into the trash heap of irrelevance, nigerians are are trying to turn a failure into a tin God. He no go happen.the guy is a metaphor for what has become of nigeria.
THE COUNTRY CANNOT IDENTIFY EVEN A FAILURE.

1 Like

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 06, 2013
Soludo for Anambra governor!
He will turn Anambra into the Dubai of West Africa, and Taiwan of Africa!

#Soludo2014.

1 Like

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 06, 2013
Impressive academic background

1 Like

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:48pm On May 06, 2013
P
bloggernaija: Just like Alan Greenspan. He is extremely overrated. Was it not under his watch the banks went bust.he rode the wave of high oil prices and hot money which poured into the nigerian economy/stock exchange .good he consolidated the banks. Even an ordinary lecturer in my university days made the same suggestion during Abacha days because every Tom dick and Harry had back. However he failed the basic task of the central bank government. To regulate the banks.rather, he was fraternising with them.the impact of the resulting bubble was that a lot of people lost their jobs and livelihood.the same reason he was sacked.
While neo liberal junk expert Alan Greenspan has been thrown into the trash heap of irrelevance, nigerians are are trying to turn a failure into a tin God. He no go happen.the guy is a metaphor for what has become of nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Acidosis(m): 9:00pm On May 06, 2013
I can never be intimidated.

With my BSc. in Internet & Blogging cheesy , I can become the next president of Nigeria
Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by CHAIRMAN1(m): 9:01pm On May 06, 2013
bloggernaija: Just like Alan Greenspan. He is extremely overrated. Was it not under his watch the banks went bust.he rode the wave of high oil prices and hot money which poured into the nigerian economy/stock exchange .good he consolidated the banks. Even an ordinary lecturer in my university days made the same suggestion during Abacha days because every Tom dick and Harry had back. However he failed the basic task of the central bank government. To regulate the banks.rather, he was fraternising with them.the impact of the resulting bubble was that a lot of people lost their jobs and livelihood.the same reason he was sacked.
You're a bumpkin for hiding behind your laptop to type this rubbish. What do you know about greenspan? Were you expecting greenspan to stop bush from going to war? Alan was head of the federal reserves for the better part of 30 yrs. Is it a coincidence that the low point of his performance curve occured during bushes tenure? Go read his memoirs and see how he blasted Bush. He voluntarily resigned when he saw that the dent on his image was getting worse. Look, obj openly told his advisers that he didn't hire them to heed to their advices. Soludo wasn't exempted from that rule. He did his best and where he couldn't persuade or bend obj, he allowed baba to have his way. You can't have such a cv, consulting for world class institutions by fluke. Learn to appreciate your own! Maybe its because Prof Soludo did all his degrees up to PhD in Nigeria that's why you're brushing his achievements aside.

7 Likes

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by texazzpete(m): 9:29pm On May 06, 2013
CHAIRMAN1:
You're a bumpkin for hiding behind your laptop to type this rubbish. What do you know about greenspan? Were you expecting greenspan to stop bush from going to war? Alan was head of the federal reserves for the better part of 30 yrs. Is it a coincidence that the low point of his performance curve occured during bushes tenure? Go read his memoirs and see how he blasted Bush. He voluntarily resigned when he saw that the dent on his image was getting worse. Look, obj openly told his advisers that he didn't hire them to heed to their advices. Soludo wasn't exempted from that rule. He did his best and where he couldn't perduade or bend obj, he allowed baba to have his way. You can't have such a cv, consulting for world class institutions by fluke. Learn to appreciate your own! This man did all his degrees to professorship in Nigeria.

Hero worship and an undue fascination with people will always lead simpletons like you astray. Abeg leave the tribal angle out of this, I know many of you jumping to support this man are only doing so because of his impressive CV.
This impressive CV did not prevent him from shunning conflicts of interest and fraternizing with the corrupt Bank chiefs that stole their shareholders money. as someone said before, he did not do well in his primary duty of regulating the banks.

2 Likes

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Gboliwe: 9:36pm On May 06, 2013
Paper qualification. How did he fare in the field when he needed to practicalise his theory?
Quite an intimidating CV though, comparing it to that loudmouthed emir of twitter is an insult

2 Likes

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by DisGuy: 9:37pm On May 06, 2013
Na why you no come vote am for your state now
Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by texazzpete(m): 9:51pm On May 06, 2013
And for all those who worship paper certificates and CVs, here's the CV of one of the worst and most corrupt man ever to hold the position of INEC chair in Nigeria

Maurice Mmaduakolam Iwu was born on 21 April 1950 in Umuezeala, Umukabia, Ehime Mbano in Imo State. He attended St. Pius X College, Bodo-Ogoni for his secondary education. He studied at the University of Bradford, England, receiving a Master of Pharmacy degree in 1976 and a Ph.D in 1978. He was WHO Visiting Scholar to Dyson Perrins Laboratory, University of Oxford (1980), Fulbright Senior Scholar, Ohio State University and won the U.S National Research International Prize for Ethonobiolology in 1999. He was a Professor of Pharmacognosy at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (1984–1993).[1]
Entering business, Iwu became Vice-President, Research and Development of Tom's of Maine, a personal care manufacturing company, and member of the Board of Directors, Axxon Biopharm inc. He served on the Board of InterCEDD, Fund for integrated Rural Development and Traditional Medicine, and Center for Economic and Social Justice. He was the United Nation's Lead Consultant for the development of Nigeria's National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan. Iwu has published more than 100 research articles and is the author of four books.[1]
Professor Iwu was President of the International Society of ethnobiology (1996–2002), member and ex-President of the Nigerian Society of Pharmacognosy, Member of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene and Member of the International Society for Medicinal Plant Research. He was the Executive Director, Bioresources Development and Conservation Program and a Senior Research Associate at the Division of Experimental Therapeutics of Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington D.C.[1]

Impressive sounding? yes. Yet in theory Maurice Iwu was a corrupt, bumbling fellow.

7 Likes

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 06, 2013
Another lousy CV thumping Nigerian.. undecided.
Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by CHAIRMAN1(m): 10:04pm On May 06, 2013
You're a dull fellow. You'll always be known as a stray simpleton. Its you who's playing the tribal card not me. I'm from. The south south fyi. You just gave a dumb example, trying to compare maurice iwu. Iwu was a biolgist cum election admin. Why would u expect him to do well? Name any other cbn gov past or present that has surpased soludo in his achievements Your insults at me will keep going back to u in multiples.
texazzpete:

Hero worship and an undue fascination with people will always lead simpletons like you astray. Abeg leave the tribal angle out of this, I know many of you jumping to support this man are only doing so because of his impressive CV.
This impressive CV did not prevent him from shunning conflicts of interest and fraternizing with the corrupt Bank chiefs that stole their shareholders money. as someone said before, he did not do well in his primary duty of regulating the banks.
Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by texazzpete(m): 11:19pm On May 06, 2013
CHAIRMAN1: You're a dull fellow. You'll always be known as a stray simpleton. Its you who's playing the tribal card not me. I'm from. The south south fyi. You just gave a dumb example, trying to compare maurice iwu. Iwu was a biolgist cum election admin. Why would u expect him to do well? Name any other cbn gov past or present that has surpased soludo in his achievements Your insults at me will keep going back to u in multiples.

I expected this kind of response, in keeping with your status as a brainless individual. Anyone can see I'm not trying to compare Iwu with Soludo, you dunce! I'm trying to drive into your thick skull that an impressive CV does not always translate into sterling performance.

I'm not interested in comparing Soludo with Okotie-Eboh or any past CBN Gov. Fact remains that Soludo's legacy as CBN Governor has been smeared by his failure to protect shareholders from the crooked Bank CEOs he hobnobbed with. His impressive CV also did not seem to have seen the massive flaw in switching to Polymer notes, did it?

3 Likes

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by asala1: 12:25am On May 07, 2013
Check Peter Obi's CV too. You be amazed that CV does not translate to performance.

1 Like

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by automaticcarzz: 12:41am On May 07, 2013
asala1: Check Peter Obi's CV too. You be amazed that CV does not translate to performance.

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Nobody: 5:55am On May 07, 2013
Soludo, should stop dreaming about a Reformed Nigeria.
Nigeria can never reform.

Soludo should come home to Biafra, let us build our great nation!
Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by CHAIRMAN1(m): 10:17am On May 07, 2013
Thanks for cementing your status as a dullard with this post. I asked a simple question, who did better? Sanusi that has cleared the sector of 'bad ceos' has ended up killing Nigerian owned businesses. His focus has been on risk and notthing else. Hitv is dead, many Nigerian banks that could have been bailed out by govt where forcefully seized and sold to his cronies. He left unity bank becuase it was a northern legacy.didn't say u compared iwu with soludo, was only saying Iwu didnt fit the bill for such an analogy. Legendary faceless dullard.
texazzpete:

I expected this kind of response, in keeping with your status as a brainless individual. Anyone can see I'm not trying to compare Iwu with Soludo, you dunce! I'm trying to drive into your thick skull that an impressive CV does not always translate into sterling performance.

I'm not interested in comparing Soludo with Okotie-Eboh or any past CBN Gov. Fact remains that Soludo's legacy as CBN Governor has been smeared by his failure to protect shareholders from the crooked Bank CEOs he hobnobbed with. His impressive CV also did not seem to have seen the massive flaw in switching to Polymer notes, did it?

2 Likes

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On May 07, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Somebody please tell Soludo to run under the banner of APGA. The party is in coalition with PDP anyway.

I wish he could become the governor of Anambra state. I know he has what it takes.
Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by texazzpete(m): 11:50pm On May 07, 2013
CHAIRMAN1: Thanks for cementing your status as a dullard with this post. I asked a simple question, who did better? Sanusi that has cleared the sector of 'bad ceos' has ended up killing Nigerian owned businesses. His focus has been on risk and notthing else. Hitv is dead, many Nigerian banks that could have been bailed out by govt where forcefully seized and sold to his cronies. He left unity bank becuase it was a northern legacy.didn't say u compared iwu with soludo, was only saying Iwu didnt fit the bill for such an analogy. Legendary faceless dullard.

What does a discussion about someone's CV have to do with who was a better CBN Gov between Sanusi and Soludo?

Why is Iwu's case not a good analogy when I've used it to show that an impressive CV does not always translate into impressive performance?

Why are you such an imbecilic dolt that you're so eager to argue with your betters at the expense of common sense?

1 Like

Re: The Man Soludo (his Intimidating CV) by Brilliance9000: 11:53am On May 08, 2013
texazzpete: And for all those who worship paper certificates and CVs, here's the CV of one of the worst and most corrupt man ever to hold the position of INEC chair in Nigeria

Maurice Mmaduakolam Iwu was born on 21 April 1950 in Umuezeala, Umukabia, Ehime Mbano in Imo State. He attended St. Pius X College, Bodo-Ogoni for his secondary education. He studied at the University of Bradford, England, receiving a Master of Pharmacy degree in 1976 and a Ph.D in 1978. He was WHO Visiting Scholar to Dyson Perrins Laboratory, University of Oxford (1980), Fulbright Senior Scholar, Ohio State University and won the U.S National Research International Prize for Ethonobiolology in 1999. He was a Professor of Pharmacognosy at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (1984–1993).[1]
Entering business, Iwu became Vice-President, Research and Development of Tom's of Maine, a personal care manufacturing company, and member of the Board of Directors, Axxon Biopharm inc. He served on the Board of InterCEDD, Fund for integrated Rural Development and Traditional Medicine, and Center for Economic and Social Justice. He was the United Nation's Lead Consultant for the development of Nigeria's National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan. Iwu has published more than 100 research articles and is the author of four books.[1]
Professor Iwu was President of the International Society of ethnobiology (1996–2002), member and ex-President of the Nigerian Society of Pharmacognosy, Member of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene and Member of the International Society for Medicinal Plant Research. He was the Executive Director, Bioresources Development and Conservation Program and a Senior Research Associate at the Division of Experimental Therapeutics of Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Washington D.C.[1]

Impressive sounding? yes. Yet in theory Maurice Iwu was a corrupt, bumbling fellow.

Igbo people self and their insatiable taste for knowledge. These people go kill us for this country....

You can hate Iwu, but you can never take away or deny is footprints as a pharmacological scholar.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Cameroun Military Disintegrate Boko Haram..no Time! / Buhari Ministers: Shame On Oyegun And Oshomhole / Is There Any European Country As Ethnically Diverse As Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.