Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic (24074 Views)

Niger Republic President Campaigns With Buhari's Photo / Nigeria Immigration Seizes 452 PVCs, ID Cards From Niger Republic Nationals / Boko-Haram Suspect Flown To Abuja Aboard Military Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by Nobody: 3:02am On May 07, 2013
RIP!
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by ynature84(m): 3:28am On May 07, 2013
Brave lads, gave their lives for the Nigeria, RIP Soilders, Not forgeting soilders who hv given their life in active service to their Father land in the North too
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by Nobody: 3:39am On May 07, 2013
RIP to the deads and may the lord give their family d strength t bear d loss.
But y s it dat d only tng comng out of dis Mali expedition s woes and sadness, are d Nigerians not doing anytng wort celebratng there?
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by Tabawababy(f): 3:43am On May 07, 2013
Jonathan should be taken good care of our ear force jets and other hardwear. RIP to pilot.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by jpphilips(m): 3:48am On May 07, 2013
loads of village people on nairaland, i tire ooooloads of village people on nairaland, i tire ooooloads of village people on nairaland, i tire oooo
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by jambonline2013: 4:21am On May 07, 2013
if you cannot see your Result because "You Have No Biometric Verification" call: 08115201122 for assistance.
*NOTE : Biometric Verification ends on friday 10th of May 2013.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by mistiff007(m): 4:58am On May 07, 2013
We've got enough dough to acquire modern equipment and less upgrades,if not then those @ the corridor of power needs to start UPGRADING 1960's & 70's Peugeouts/Mbs as official cars versus late model official cars/jets they are purchasing on daily basis.National Defence/security equipment needs uttermost attention."RIP to the brave HEROES".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by bastrin(f): 5:13am On May 07, 2013
They were great men. May their souls RIP.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by saintsmith009: 5:46am On May 07, 2013
RIP Soldiers
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by dgitrader(m): 5:47am On May 07, 2013
icebeatz:

shut up my friend.
Anti-aircraft guns or surface to air missiles (SAMs) can be detected by radar.
Don't wanna go into long details but just know dat u made an ignorant post.
shocked shocked shocked

@icebeatz .You will only make a fool out of yourself, if u attempt to spill out your ''long details''

jp philips: loads of village people on nairaland, i tire ooooloads of village people on nairaland, i tire ooooloads of village people on nairaland, i tire oooo

For real my brother!
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by dnawah(m): 5:49am On May 07, 2013
Mgbadike80: How old is the jet? Another relic from the civil war era?
very old,modern jets have automatic ejectors.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by skullz: 6:27am On May 07, 2013
R.I.P sad
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by rodeo0070(m): 6:37am On May 07, 2013
RIP BRAVE MEN OF OUR NATION...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by slimfit1(m): 6:37am On May 07, 2013
All modern jet fighter planes have ejector seats its either the jet was short down or the pilots wasn't trained on how to pull ejector seat. Nigerian military don't know that war have change its not personnel that win wars now its gadgets. You can deploy the whole Nigeria to go and fight if you don't have a strong tool you are finished. Even America are struggling with there hard weapons that is second to non in then to fight bin laden Nigerian military
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by Pluslargent(m): 6:44am On May 07, 2013
Pardon me, but couldn't they at least have saved thier lives by using ejector seats or something when it was obvious the jet was gonna crash?
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by Greatken007(m): 7:11am On May 07, 2013
FREEDOM OF SPEECH....EVEN FOOLS ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE COMMENT

Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by penzino(m): 7:32am On May 07, 2013
Symphony007: Some people just have the tendency to say rubbish always. A "nigerian" fighter jet crashes and some simpletons have already started mentioning civil war era plane, no fuel etc...but just some days back a u.s military cargo plane pratically fell from the sky like a paper kite in afganistan, no stupid comments then o! Ignorancai!!
anoda one crashed in madrid yesterday oooo. No silly comments... I tire for naija
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by firetrap(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2013
icebeatz:

shut up my friend.
Anti-aircraft guns or surface to air missiles (SAMs) can be detected by radar.
Don't wanna go into long details but just know dat u made an ignorant post.

please I'd like you to go into details and tell me how and when anti aircraft guns became surface to air missiles. please read well before displaying your ignorance for the world to see. Google is your friend, use it.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by ckkris: 7:36am On May 07, 2013
Symphony007: Some people just have the tendency to say rubbish always. A "nigerian" fighter jet crashes and some simpletons have already started mentioning civil war era plane, no fuel etc...but just some days back a u.s military cargo plane pratically fell from the sky like a paper kite in afganistan, no stupid comments then o! Ignorancai!!
American Military establishment is also more corrupt than Nigeria. But you expect that the Americans are complaining about the wicked waste of young lives due to inferior or malfunctioning materiel.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by firetrap(m): 7:37am On May 07, 2013
Dis Guy:

What are you on about?

According to the press release, it crashed in Niger during Mali operations

RIP

anyone know their names?>

Why don't they ever release names/pictures of men that die on duty for this country?

if you had read my other comments before posting you'd know that there was never a time I said they were shot down in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by ocelot2006(m): 7:38am On May 07, 2013
ShyM-X:

It isn't about the maintenance - those aircraft are to old for combat and they're flying coffins...

Nigeria seriously needs to upgrade its fighter jets...

Same goes for the Chengdu jets as well... undecided

Going by your logic, the following aircrafts must be banned for being flying coffins-F-16 Falcon, F-15 eagle, the Tornado, MIG-29, Su-27.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by pappilo(m): 7:45am On May 07, 2013

Whilt I disagree with all the infounded speculation about the crash of the Nigerian jet, it is pertinent to note that it wasnt a US military jet that crashed but a privately owned 747 contracted to transport military equipment for the US.

I am also tired of people refering us to negative pictures or news from the US or Europe any time something bad happens in Nigeria as if itvis justified just because it happens over there too. It is a dull way of thinking.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by loswhite(m): 7:45am On May 07, 2013
just the way sum ppl criticize everything Nigerian ,dats hw sum Americans also criticize their country and say china or other nations stuff are better, the same with the Chinese . So it happens everywhere . Don't take it personal
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by ocelot2006(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2013
solomon111: RIP to those great men!
I think it is time we give those alpha -jets away as gifts.
Those ogas at the top should hurry up and get these guys SU-30s.
What the fucck are they waiting for?
Why must they keep sacrificing the lives of scarce,competent and experienced members of the airforce on the alter of mediocrity.
It's sad indeed.

Those subsonic alpha jets are still very reliable birds. Even our fleet was upgraded just a few years ago. But keep in mixnd that machines fail, regardless of how now or old.

Anyway, till the military come up with a report stating the exact cause of the crash, I suggest we refrain from posting speculations.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by ocelot2006(m): 7:48am On May 07, 2013
Ochek:

Of course the alpha fighter jets are as old as the civil war. So cos we said nothing about the american plan we shouldn't talk about ours? If we don't, "who will"?

Seriously, shut up.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by firetrap(m): 7:48am On May 07, 2013
slim fit :
All modern jet fighter planes have ejector seats its either the jet was short down or the pilots wasn't trained on how to pull ejector seat. Nigerian military don't know that war have change its not personnel that win wars now its gadgets. You can deploy the whole Nigeria to go and fight if you don't have a strong tool you are finished. Even America are struggling with there hard weapons that is second to non in then to fight bin laden Nigerian military

How will a pilot who has been trained to fly a jet worth millions of dollars not be trained to pull a simple lever. Please we do not know the circumstances surrounding why they did not eject but assuming that they were not trained to do so is calling their intelligence and that of their instructors into question.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by Joshcoli(m): 7:50am On May 07, 2013
What happen to the ejector sits, or this fighter jets don't have em
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by Stlatyv(m): 7:50am On May 07, 2013
Bonapart: I said it anytin dat involves islams must involve "death blood & rebell" shame on you. Religion of piss
must u comment wen u ar even able to asimilate nd undastand d topic inquestion. Wat concerns islam wit fita jet falin off d sky. Must we always attach everythn to sumthn? 9ja ignorance na wa o. Wel ur name 'bonapart' says it al. Bonapart indeed
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by ocelot2006(m): 7:53am On May 07, 2013
loswhite: just the way sum ppl criticize everything Nigerian ,dats hw sum Americans also criticize their country and say china or other nations stuff are better, the same with the Chinese . So it happens everywhere . Don't take it personal

I'm afraid I don't agree with you cos that of Nigeria has gone overboard. Compared to the aforementioned countries were constructive criticisms are provided, the dimwits here only insult and revel in every misfortune that befalls this nation. Bunch of unpatriotic buttholes.
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by splashbaby(m): 7:53am On May 07, 2013
Indication that the war is a serious one
Re: Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic by Nobody: 7:53am On May 07, 2013
Omen100: Rip to those that died protecting their father's land, not like the other way round which I won't mention here yet.
its "fatherland" dude!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince Of Ile-Ife Barrister Adedamola Aderemi Spotted With Gov. El-Rufai(Pic) / Buhari Presents 2016 Budget Today / Oduduwa Agitators Storm Court To Disrupt Ekiti Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.