Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok (1200 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima / Akpabio To Commission 30 New Projects, Flag Off Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by spywareczar(m): 10:08pm On May 06, 2013
The State Security Service (SSS) today paraded a suspect, ex-militant Adelola Tamunotonye Olaore, alias "General Africa" over a plot to assassinate and extort money from Senator Aloysius Etok in Abuja.

Senator Etok is the man that Governor Goodswill Akpabio openly admitted having rigged into office, although the Senator has said his election was transparent.

But Senator Etok also occupies the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial Seat, the same seat that the governor covets in 2015 when he cannot run for a third term, giving the impression it is merely being held in trust for him.

The suspect, who was born in Port Harcourt, hails from Okeho in Kajola Local Government of Oyo State. He confessed to having been contracted by three of Governor Akpabio’s loyalists to assassinate Senator Etok. In order to convince the Senator [he was not lying] he offered to furnish him with details of the Governor’s purported Bank Account and Energy Company in South Africa.

Adelola said that he wanted to broker peace between Governor Akpabio and Senator Etok, having followed the political wrangling between the duo over the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial Seat.

He confessed to having used the political rift to extort money but he was apprehended by the security operatives.

That development following a directive from the SSS to the Senator who had written a letter to the service titled “REPORT OF THE PLANNED ASSASINATION BY A MAN WHO CALLS HIMSELF GENERAL AFRICA (AN-EX MILLITANT)”

The Senator was asked to play along with the suspect, leading to his arrest on April 29.
Governor Akpabio, a personal friend of President Goodluck Jonathan, has made it plain he will represent the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District in the Senate in 2015, an ambition that has the entire Peoples Democratic Party machinery in the state behind him, including a faction of the legislature which recently adopted a resolution warning Senator Etok they will only support Akpabio’s Senatorial candidature in the forthcoming election.

Speaking recently in an interview about the political manipulations in Akwa Ibom State, the Senator said, “That is what happened during my second term struggle that as soon as they knew I was going to contest, my wife was kidnapped. After the release of my wife, my mother in law was kidnapped.

“When she was released, she died because of the torture she received in the hands of the kidnappers. As a result of that my father in law died out the heart break. Therefore, I also want Nigerians to ask Governor Akpabio what I have done to him. I have not done anything to him. I want all of you, like I am going to send a petition to the President, to ask Governor Akpabio to let me be. That his hit squad which he has resurrected should let me live. If anything happens to me, I want the world to know that Governor Akpabio is after my life.”
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/sss-parades-suspect-hired-governor-akpabio-%E2%80%98kill%E2%80%99-senator-etok

Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by automaticcarzz: 10:23pm On May 06, 2013
What a country! Why Akpabio still a Governor after these allegations of rigging and assassination? Nigeria is indeed a failed country if you ask me. Between now and January of 2015, many politicians will be eliminated for no reason.
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by splashbaby(m): 11:01pm On May 06, 2013
A personal friend of GEJ right?
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by peace3: 11:03pm On May 06, 2013
splashbaby: A personal friend of GEJ right?
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!LET'S HEAR WHAT THE GORILLA'S WILL SAY THIS TIME.FRONT PAGE PLS
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by ibsmooth: 11:08pm On May 06, 2013
WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO IN THIS COUNTRY?ARE OUR POLITICIANS LEARNING FROM THE PAST?PLEASE THEY SHOULD STOP OVER-HEATING THE POLITY.THIS IS SCARY,UNBELIEVABLE AND FUNNY.GOD BLESS THIS COUNTRY. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by peace3: 11:15pm On May 06, 2013
ibsmooth: WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO IN THIS COUNTRY?ARE OUR POLITICIANS LEARNING FROM THE PAST?PLEASE THEY SHOULD STOP OVER-HEATING THE POLITY.THIS IS SCARY,UNBELIEVABLE AND FUNNY.GOD BLESS THIS COUNTRY. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
AMEN.BUT ON A SECOND THOUGHT,IF IT WAS AMEACHI THAT WAS INVOLVED IN THIS CASE,IG OF POLICE WOULD HAVE DEFY HIS IMMUNITY AND ARREST HIM BUT THIS BIG HEAD BELONGS TO THE PRESIDENT CAMP.TOMORROW WILL BE A DIFFERENT NEWS WHEN THE PRESIDENCY MUST HAVE LAY THEIR DIRTY HANDS AT THE SSS HQ.IT WILL EITHER BE THE SUSPECT IS DEAD OR THEY ARRESTED THE WRONG PERSON WITH COOKED INFO AND SPONSORED BY THE OPPOSITION.DAYS ARE NUMBERED. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by sheedy407(m): 11:18pm On May 06, 2013
I love seun osewa
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by Alxmyr(m): 11:28pm On May 06, 2013
spywareczar: The State Security Service (SSS) today paraded a suspect, ex-militant Adelola Tamunotonye Olaore, alias "General Africa" over a plot to assassinate and extort money from Senator Aloysius Etok in Abuja.

Senator Etok is the man that Governor Goodswill Akpabio openly admitted having rigged into office, although the Senator has said his election was transparent.

But Senator Etok also occupies the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial Seat, the same seat that the governor covets in 2015 when he cannot run for a third term, giving the impression it is merely being held in trust for him.

The suspect, who was born in Port Harcourt, hails from Okeho in Kajola Local Government of Oyo State. He confessed to having been contracted by three of Governor Akpabio’s loyalists to assassinate Senator Etok. In order to convince the Senator [he was not lying] he offered to furnish him with details of the Governor’s purported Bank Account and Energy Company in South Africa.

Adelola said that he wanted to broker peace between Governor Akpabio and Senator Etok, having followed the political wrangling between the duo over the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial Seat.

He confessed to having used the political rift to extort money but he was apprehended by the security operatives.

That development following a directive from the SSS to the Senator who had written a letter to the service titled “REPORT OF THE PLANNED ASSASINATION BY A MAN WHO CALLS HIMSELF GENERAL AFRICA (AN-EX MILLITANT)”

The Senator was asked to play along with the suspect, leading to his arrest on April 29.
Governor Akpabio, a personal friend of President Goodluck Jonathan, has made it plain he will represent the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District in the Senate in 2015, an ambition that has the entire Peoples Democratic Party machinery in the state behind him, including a faction of the legislature which recently adopted a resolution warning Senator Etok they will only support Akpabio’s Senatorial candidature in the forthcoming election.

Speaking recently in an interview about the political manipulations in Akwa Ibom State, the Senator said, “That is what happened during my second term struggle that as soon as they knew I was going to contest, my wife was kidnapped. After the release of my wife, my mother in law was kidnapped.

“When she was released, she died because of the torture she received in the hands of the kidnappers. As a result of that my father in law died out the heart break. Therefore, I also want Nigerians to ask Governor Akpabio what I have done to him. I have not done anything to him. I want all of you, like I am going to send a petition to the President, to ask Governor Akpabio to let me be. That his hit squad which he has resurrected should let me live. If anything happens to me, I want the world to know that Governor Akpabio is after my life.”
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/sss-parades-suspect-hired-governor-akpabio-%E2%80%98kill%E2%80%99-senator-etok

Can somebody with good understanding of English and logic interpret the meaning of the bolded in a simple term.
I kinda think the man was an impostor form the statement. But the heading suggest otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by Scarpon(m): 11:56pm On May 06, 2013
I hate politics your life is always at stake
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by Nobody: 1:34am On May 07, 2013
This is a case of an impostor trying to extort money due to the political tension between both parties. Don't be surprise also that someone could have used him to tarnish the governor's name. I urge everyone to read inbetween the lines. An exmilitant that hails from Oyo State? This guy will soon come up with the true soon of those behind his involvement in this whole case. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by Nobody: 1:46am On May 07, 2013
These politicians won't cease decieving n confusing themselves in the bid of decieving we d masses. Senator Etuk I knw is protecting his sit, Governor Akpabio is busy eyeing thesame sit so this Lowlife millitant, what is his stake?...infact who we wan believe. Like say this senate na charity position, abi they for dey watch Tv 4 their houses without intrest. Lubish
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by sKeetz(m): 4:06am On May 07, 2013
PHUCK NIGERIAN POLITICS.........I'll RATHER SKATE!!! angry
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by spywareczar(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2013
Money ɪ̣̝̇§ the root of all politics
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by andyanders: 7:22am On May 07, 2013
Alxmyr:

Can somebody with good understanding of English and logic interpret the meaning of the bolded in a simple term.
I kinda think the man was an impostor form the statement. But the heading suggest otherwise.

True, this is just someone trying to find means of stealing by trick. An ex militant? Fake story.Let SSS go do a better job with EFCC by arresting Subsidy thieves and their likes.Farouk is there and nothing dey happen and they are selling a dummy to the world that a man who can die doing crime and acting a well prepared script , even on behalf of Etok coming here to be noticed.
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by Temismith(f): 7:27am On May 07, 2013
Na dem sabi.
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by naijazown(m): 7:55am On May 07, 2013
I hail Naija!
A film with one script, same scene, same location, same production, different producers, different titles...
undecided
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by Stallion77(f): 8:07am On May 07, 2013
hmmn....what can i say?
Re: SSS Parades Suspect Hired By Governor Akpabio To ‘kill’ Senator Etok by Tittos: 8:25am On May 07, 2013
So Akpabio has an Energy company in South Africa. By the way I saw Farcrook on NTA at the national Assembly debating a bill..

(1) (Reply)

The Mafia's #1 Rule. Do Not Outshine Your Master. / Outrage Over Governor Al-makura Son’s N1.5 Billion Wedding In USA / David Cameron: GLOBAL Attention To 'Epic Looting, Economic Terrorism' In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.