Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

I Love Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Love Nigeria! (1869 Views)

Which Tenant Love Nigeria Most? / I Love Nigeria But I Feel Pain When Other Nigerians Say Igbo Will Not Rule / 5 Reasons To Love Nigeria From An American Perspective. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Nigeria! by 4Him1(m): 4:14am On Apr 18, 2008
Re: I Love Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:28am On Apr 18, 2008
(One chance rubbed him and pushed him out from the bus and a coming vehicle crushed him). He was on his way to making contacts for quick clearing of his goods.

If cry and tears could bring back a dead person, my friend’s brother would be alive at this moment. It was on Tuesday, 15th April, 2008, just 2 days ago when the shocking news came. My friend’s phone rang and he happily picked the call but the message was “Please, do you know someone called Casmir’?” (His ID Card identified him). ‘Yes, I know him and what happened?’ my friend replied! “Your attention is needed immediately and besides you have to do something to save your brother’s life.” “How? I can’t get you.” But the caller again said “come to so so so place your brother had an accident.”

Immediately, his mother, brothers, sisters and friends rushed to see their lovely brother who just returned from abroad (the mother nearly naked herself as she was not herself upon hearing the news) but on getting there they could not see him because he had been taken to the hospital where he died after crying ‘please, help me, please, help me’ but the help was not rendered because the Doctor and the Nurses dumped him on the floor hence no money before any treatment could go on (according to the eye-witness). When they got there, the police and the hospital demanded N35,000 before they can release the body.

May I ask, which type of country is Nigeria and why is the country this way?

Posted by Zigam.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by Dreloaded(f): 4:30am On Apr 18, 2008
is there vests against juju?

he should pray the money hasnt already turned to dust
Re: I Love Nigeria! by 4Him1(m): 4:34am On Apr 18, 2008
D-reloaded:

is there vests against juju?

he should pray the money hasnt already turned to dust

no that wasnt the joke, the cartoonist is making a parody of the incessant brazen daylight robbery of banks in Nigeria today.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by TheSly: 4:43am On Apr 18, 2008
Not only banks. . . . . .Its almost like errwhere in naija now. . . . embarassed
Naija life is terrible. . . . .so so so terrible. . . . .I thanked my stars embarassed
Re: I Love Nigeria! by Cadet(f): 4:49am On Apr 18, 2008
nuzo:

My sentiments exactly. Don't get me wrong, I love Nigeria, but c'mon! Love has its own limit. The sad part is that they think prayer can solve every problem! Sure, it can! But put some action into it too

@post
I don't get the joke jare! I know it's a serious matter, but i still don't get the joke tongue
Re: I Love Nigeria! by TheSly: 4:52am On Apr 18, 2008
Seems like Nigeria is cursed. . . . . . embarassed
Re: I Love Nigeria! by FMK(m): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2008
this is showing that we are aproching to the end of the world as bible said i am sorry
Re: I Love Nigeria! by bawomolo(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2008
FMK:

this is showing that we are aproching to the end of the world as bible said i am sorry

stop it, many countries have seen worse and recovered. with the resources they have, there is no excuse for countries like nigeria and congo being where they are . it seems nigerians have just come to accept the status quo.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by redsun(m): 6:20pm On Apr 18, 2008
Double wahala for dead body,confusion break bone,Fela.

The system is driving people crazy.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by Eziachi: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2008
Love of Nigeria to many are just fake. Being a Nigerian is like being in a dead end job you loath so much but can't leave because there no much of an alternative jobs, hence you smile just to keep the job, pretending.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by lucabrasi(m): 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2008
complaining about nigeria wouldnt solve anything,if it could then nigeria should have been out of the woods a long time ago, please quit complaining about the next nigerian not doing anything and do your bit, prayer is solving some of the problems but we just dont realise it
Re: I Love Nigeria! by TheSly: 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2008
Whats your point?
Nobody is complaining here. . . .thats exactly what it iz.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by lucabrasi(m): 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2008
check this thread and every other thread and the common factor s people complaining about how bad and cursed nigeria is, of all the thousands of comments pick out ppl who actually proffer solutions and they are very few and far between,complaining is smthing anybody can do even ibb who we know was a thief complains,obj complains anybody can complain the distinguishing factor from a patriotic nigeria and these people in my opinion is someone that s actually proactive while complaining
Re: I Love Nigeria! by TheSly: 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2008
Solution?
because they dont want to deceive themselves by proffering some phantom impossible solutions. . .
Lets start from here. . .
Ok what should be the solution to the situation in oyo state where an illiterate old adedibu is controlling the whole people?
What should be the solution to the bad roads? pull out some money im ma pocket to re-construct it as a patriotic Nigerian?

proffering solution to the situation in Nigeria is just a waste of time anyone wouldn't want to go into. . . .
Re: I Love Nigeria! by Dreloaded(f): 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2008
in other words we should sit down and look,
Re: I Love Nigeria! by TheSly: 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2008
Proffer some if u got.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by lucabrasi(m): 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2008
The Sly:

Solution?
because they don't want to deceive themselves by proffering some phantom impossible solutions. . .
Lets start from here. . .
Ok what should be the solution to the situation in oyo state where an illiterate old adedibu is controlling the whole people?
What should be the solution to the bad roads? pull out some money im ma pocket to re-construct it as a patriotic Nigerian?

proffering solution to the situation in Nigeria is just a waste of time anyone wouldn't want to go into. . . .

i disagree with you,theres a lot an individual can do or a group of individuals as the case may be,for a start educating these people on their electoral rights and the impacts as majority of them do not know their rights and they reason that rather than their votes staying useless,they ll rather get some money off adedibu for it,the only opponents of adedibu rather than educating their people just want to take over from him.
an individual can educate people and let them know the dividents of electing the right person sharing with them all he/she has seen around the world,there are several charities an individual or group of people can champion focusing on your area of interest,in the constitution you have a right to meet the senator representing your district or house of reps and with enough pressure they will propose your plans for charity or helping the less priviledged,if you google state or federal house of reps in nigeria,they all have their individual gsm numbers which they answer personally, if a thousand people did some of these at least 100 of them suceeding will change things
Re: I Love Nigeria! by TheSly: 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2008
i disagree with you,theres a lot an individual can do or a group of individuals as the case may be
And why cant you be one of the individuals

the impacts as majority of them do not know their rights and they reason that rather than their votes staying useless,they ll rather get some money off adedibu for it,
Look. . . .from what u said above. . .i truly believe that you know nothing about whats happening in OYO STATE!! and in Nigeria's politics as a whole.
You think Nigeria is like the UK?
During the last election. . .many people were killed by adedibu boys and many were held hostage as well. . . what did ya government do to that?
Secondly. . . .Majority of the vote casted in oyo state was in favor of the ANPP candidate which was obviously rigged . . . . who's fault is that?
The people or the system?

And finally. . . . .What do you have to say about the unfair judgment of the court when the ANPP candidate challenged the election victory of AKALA?
Why didn't you organize a group to go and preach in the court or better yet, educate the judges on what to do even after obvious facts that . . .
He (Akala) had been indicted several times which automatically disqualifies him from contesting/occupying public office ?

if a thousand people did some of these at least 100 of them suceeding will change things
If you dont know. . . In Nigeria's Politics. . . . . There are ''Untouchables'' which Adedibu is one of them. . .
Re: I Love Nigeria! by lucabrasi(m): 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2008
as a matter of fact,i am doing my bit with underpriviledged youths in lagos where i was born n bred and looking to widen my operations in a year or two and looking to do more,so with all sense of humility ill like to consider myself as one of these individuals.
i do know what is happening in nigerian politics and i have people who are in politics both in the state and federal level,i totally agree about adedibu but the main reason adedibu has being able to suceed to that extent is because he spreads any money he gets round,if a politician gives adedibu 50 million naira,he will have the money in cash in his house with all his liutenants and share at least70-80% of the money out,also he always makes sure to take care of the welfare of these people and that is just why he inspires soo much loyalty.

it is the system that caused the electoral fraud but if the people were more aware and then it follows that they will stand their ground and make sure their votes speak for them,look at zimbabwe,if that man was a nigerian politician,he would have announced the elections and damned the consequences but even the voters are not standing for it and have stood their ground because they know what their votes are worth.

you have to understand that,a tribunial judge can easily be bribed because they are almost at tht maybe less than five years left before they retire and so imagine if they are offered like 300million which might be a retirement nest egg for them?
that is simply why most of them are easily compromised,now check out the appeal courts,it is either near impossible or very very highly unlikely to offer them bribes because they are watching out for their careers and have a chance of being in the supreme court judge so they will not taint their records with money,if you check out almost all the states where either nullifications or elections have been upheld,you will see that it was by the supreme court, with the akala and anpp guy,just wait and see what ll happen in the appeal, adedibu is not an untouchable as such,he only used his network of loyalists and was lucky to have been picked and empowered by obasanjo,now he is becoming a liability.

look at the "mr fix-it"anthiny anenih,he was he not there when oshiomole won edo state?oshiomole was against anenih,osenator osunbor and pdpd machinery yet he won, he spent some money yes but the majority of the work he did was educating his people about the importance of their votes and as soon as a population knows the power of their votes then no amount of money will make them change their mind,they will collect the money from any politician spend it and vote who they want in
Re: I Love Nigeria! by TheSly: 4:00am On Apr 20, 2008

Look man. . . . .I am very sure you got my point. . . .but i find is very difficult to understand what your reply is all about. . .

Ok from all what you typed. . . .whats the solution you've proffered? undecided ''Doing ur bit with underpriviledge youths'' undecided
The situation in "Your" country is getting out of hand and all you could proffer is this long epistle? undecided

Well i wish you good luck anyways. . . . keep on educating and do what you do best.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:22am On Apr 20, 2008
:d :d
Re: I Love Nigeria! by FMK(m): 7:18am On Apr 20, 2008
please  if you want to get the land to the streightway   you need to learn from previous experiance  not complaining and crying out about nigeria everytime   i think everyone knows about France Revolution

when people were so tired to Louis XIV rigime  they created  a commission and chosen Mirabeau as  Speakerman to the assembly  do you know what was the  decisive word of Mirabeau,  << i came in  here in this assembly  by the will of people  then i can come out  if nothing sorted out  by the force of weapon >> there started the revolution   Napoleon Bonaparte  would complicate the situation but  revolution get up again and get success   think about it
Re: I Love Nigeria! by TheSly: 7:31am On Apr 20, 2008
What are u on about
Re: I Love Nigeria! by oziomatv(m): 7:36am On Apr 20, 2008
FMK:

please  if you want to get the land to the streightway   you need to learn from previous experiance  not complaining and crying out about nigeria everytime   i think everyone knows about France Revolution

when people were so tired to Louis XIV rigime  they created  a commission and chosen Mirabeau as  Speakerman to the assembly  do you know what was the  decisive word of Mirabeau,  << i came in  here in this assembly  by the will of people  then i can come out  if nothing sorted out  by the force of weapon >> there started the revolution   Napoleon Bonaparte  would complicate the situation but  revolution get up again and get success   think about it 
  I think you're making a point there, what naija needs is not only revolution A BLOODY REVOLUTION  to get things on rail again what a stupid situation are we living in?  pretending we're okay.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by angeleses: 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2008
I love Nigeria - to death - menb - give me another country - and I will tell you hell no.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by lucabrasi(m): 4:25pm On Apr 20, 2008
The Sly:

Look man. . . . .I am very sure you got my point. . . .but i find is very difficult to understand what your reply is all about. . .

Ok from all what you typed. . . .whats the solution you've proffered? undecided ''Doing your bit with underpriviledge youths'' undecided
The situation in "Your" country is getting out of hand and all you could proffer is this long epistle? undecided

Well i wish you good luck anyways. . . . keep on educating and do what you do best.

your question is simple and my answer is simple as well, dont think of what your country will do for you,but think of what you will do for your country, simple

and if you think helping out with vulnerable youths who are most likely to be either a yahoo yahoo,armed robber e.t.c is not doing anything then what are you doing apart from complaining on nairaland??
its both mine and your country and that is the whole point im making,dont keep complaining and be proactive if i do my bit,and you do yours and a lot of people do theirs, the situation will improve because complaining and ranting and raving about nigeria and its leaders will not solve the problem.

thanks and i certainly will do that because i believe in my country and i believe every yahoo yahoo boy,armed robber,child beggar if given a basic mentorship and opportunity have it in them to be positive influences and be able to achieve,if that is an epistel in your books then good for you too dude!
Re: I Love Nigeria! by TheSly: 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2008
Finally i got your point man . . . . .less stories and straight to the point. . .
That is what i want. . . . . .sorry if i sound Kinda rude. . .
Good luck and may you achieve your goals. . . . . cool
Re: I Love Nigeria! by bawomolo(m): 8:40pm On Apr 20, 2008
oziomatv:

I think you're making a point there, what naija needs is not only revolution A BLOODY REVOLUTION  to get things on rail again what a stupid situation are we living in?  pretending we're okay.

why don't u start your armed struggle. some of u armchair revolutionaries are hillarious
Re: I Love Nigeria! by 4Him1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 20, 2008
angeleses:

I love Nigeria - to death - menb - give me another country - and I will tell you hell no.

your legislators earn $1000/day refreshment allowance.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by TheSly: 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2008
why don't u start your armed struggle. some of u armchair revolutionaries are hillarious
Don't mind them dudes.
Re: I Love Nigeria! by SweetT1: 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2008
Me too, I love Nigeria with a passion but i only wish Nigerian could love herself. He go better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate . / The Mystery Behind President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan / Dangote Cement To Begin Production In Ivory Coast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.