Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Four Arrested For 'Rap..g' A Prostitute In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Four Arrested For 'Rap..g' A Prostitute In Lagos (1019 Views)

Ex PPMC MD, Prince Haruna Momoh Was One Of Four Arrested With Diezani / Mrs Buhari Didn't Address 'edo Prostitute' In A Ridiculous Way (punch) / Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Arrested For 'Rap..g' A Prostitute In Lagos by jidestar: 6:46pm On May 07, 2013
Four men have been arraigned before Magistrate Demi Ajayi of Ikeja Magistarte’s Court, Lagos, for allegedly harassing a prostitute, Jennifer Uche.
Uche told the court that on the date, she met one of the suspects in a club. He solicited for sex with her for N5,000 per night.

However, when Uche got to the defendant’s place at Abubakar Street, about six other males came out of hiding and forcibly had sex with her.

She said she lost consciousness after the ordeal and when she regained consciousness, the suspects paid her N800.

Uche said she subsequently “walked unsteadily to the nearest police station” and reported the incident.

The two-count read, “That you, Solomon Obaniro, 28; Adebayo Fagbemi, 25; Soliu Obalowu, 27; and Oluwatosin Akomolafe, 22, and others at large on the 13th April, 2013, at about 3:00 am at No. 28, Sule Abubakar Street, Opebi, Ikeja did sexually harass one Jennifer Uche, aged about 27 years; and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 262 of Lagos Criminal Law of Lagos State.”

The suspects were also charged for conspiring among themselves “to commit felony to wit: sexual harassment, and thereby committed an offence punishable under section 409 of Criminal Law of Lagos State.”

They, however, pleaded not guilty.

Police prosecutor, Barth Nwaokoye, argued that the suspects be remanded in custody.

Ajayi, however, set bail at N300,000 each with two sureties in like sum. The case was adjourned till June 17, 2013.

Source: Punch Nigeria
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/crime/275856-four-arrested-for-raping-a-prostitute-in-lagos.html
Re: Four Arrested For 'Rap..g' A Prostitute In Lagos by redsun(m): 6:56pm On May 07, 2013
Five thousand per night?That is less than 30 pounds to have a bittch all night.

Toto cheap for nigeria no be small.
Re: Four Arrested For 'Rap..g' A Prostitute In Lagos by ochukoccna: 6:42am On May 08, 2013
Hope they castrate this dudes
Not that I'support a lady prostituting her body tough
5000 for the night and yet this chaps behave like under graduate students
Re: Four Arrested For 'Rap..g' A Prostitute In Lagos by Nobody: 7:30am On May 08, 2013
Punish the animals....
Re: Four Arrested For 'Rap..g' A Prostitute In Lagos by gbadexy(m): 7:55am On May 08, 2013
The case be as e get.
The lady in question only complained because of the amount given to her.
While I don't support the guys, I don't know if prostitution itself is recognized in our law and if there is a guideline or rules to adhere to under the law.
Money is paid to the club girls after the show and I suspect the other guys would have scoped her that they would each pay a certain amount but they all gave her N800.
A similar think happened in •̸Ϟ•̸y hostel area back then, the babe negotiated maybe N400 each or so with the guys and they where like 5 and each were entering and saving their contribution jejely.
These guys must have been doing it regularly and never counted on the fact that the girl would report being prostitution but the allegation of rape brings a new direction to the matter.
These young guy's life won't be the same again if convicted because I think rape carries 7 years or more and all because of 5 mins pleasure or maximum N5000 each.
The only advice I can give them is for their parents to contribute about N500,000 for the girl and beg her to drop charges if possible.
I hope young guys out there would be able to learn from this because the seemingly adventurous action we make today can have greater repercussion that can disrupt the rest of the person's life.
Re: Four Arrested For 'Rap..g' A Prostitute In Lagos by OneNaira6: 8:06am On May 08, 2013
How the Bleep do you even rape an @shawo. The girl would sleep with anything as long as you pay her. Wtf?
Either they are poor ridden or they ugly as f2k cause that is about the only explanation why a group of men would rape a girl that would actually agree to sleep with am no matter what.hmm.
Re: Four Arrested For 'Rap..g' A Prostitute In Lagos by Scarpon(m): 9:19am On May 08, 2013
is having sex forced sex with a prostitute rape

(1) (Reply)

Kogireports.com Hacked By Islamic Ghost Team / US Admits Monitoring Internet Firms' Servers / Nigerians Need To Shut Up And Be Patient With Jonathan: Saatah Nubari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.