Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates - Jobs/Vacancies (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates (303197 Views)

Shell Recruitment Day (srd) Shortlisted Candidate / Shell Recruitment Day 2011 / Shell Recruitment Day [srd] Info (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Emmaus12: 5:32am On Oct 04, 2014
Like I said contacts will be by dec.......there is a current freeze on employment. All joiners till july did SRD early this yr or last yr.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by jamanuka: 8:48am On Oct 04, 2014
Emmaus12: Like I said contacts will be by dec.......there is a current freeze on employment. All joiners till july did SRD early this yr or last yr.
Oh...You have modified to Dec thought you said its next year?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by BlindFlange(m): 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
samdson:

I think it will be right to say what you factually know. The above is not correct, and the bit around 75% is equally misleading. Irrespective of the divestment, Shell will contact successful candidates in due course

Whats the probability of recruiting everybody on the waiting list? I mean successful candidates?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by samdson: 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
BlindFlange:

Whats the probability of recruiting everybody on the waiting list? I mean successful candidates?
In truth, there is nothing like waiting list, and applications are handled and treated individually. Ultimately, offer is driven by business needs and adequate opening. The thing is as long as you have not gotten a regret, there is every need to be hopeful. Cheers...
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by drmam46: 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
samdson:

In truth, there is nothing like waiting list, and applications are handled and treated individually. Ultimately, offer is driven by business needs and adequate opening. The thing is as long as you have not gotten a regret, there is every need to be hopeful. Cheers...
fingers crossed but l personally know a friend that is resuming this coming week.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by BlindFlange(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
samdson:

Thanks alot mahn
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by olasquare22: 10:01am On Oct 05, 2014
my HR status reads "PENDING FINAL ASSESSMENT" since last year December. I had my online test sometime last year May and interview last year September. I'm yet to be invited for SRD. I hope I am not alone?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by BlindFlange(m): 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
olasquare22:
my HR status reads "PENDING FINAL ASSESSMENT" since last year December. I had my online test sometime last year May and interview last year September. I'm yet to be invited for SRD. I hope I am not alone?
Yes you're not alone. I know someone with similar ish. They'll most likely roll you guys to 2015 recruitment.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by drmam46: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2014
Hmmmm, this waiting is killing.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by BlindFlange(m): 10:51am On Oct 08, 2014
drmam46:
Hmmmm, this waiting is killing.
Did you apply for a technical or non-technical role and when was your SRD?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by harffie(m): 11:09am On Oct 09, 2014
Hi all, pls I have written the test for quite sometime now, I would like to ask the house if there is a way of answering cuz i think the questions are always the same
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nwachiizu(m): 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
harffie:
Hi all, pls I have written the test for quite sometime now, I would like to ask the house if there is a way of answering cuz i think the questions are always the same

Please what's the nature of the test?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bigfrancis21: 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
harffie:

Yes, there is indeed a special way of answering the test. Its all about using your common sense to answer the questions. You ARE NOT expected to finish all the questions because they that set the questions know the time given isn't enough to finish the test. The test is simply all about accuracy and, precision with the numbers you answered. Answer only the ones you know and leave the rest. Someone who answers only 10 out of 20 and gets 10 correctly will be selected over you who rushed to answer all 20 questions just to feel good that 'you answered everything' but got 10 and failed 10. This is because the first person will be taken as more accurate and precise and would be assumed to have gotten all 20 questions had he more time, compared to you who answered all 20 but failed as many as 10 questions.

During my time I'm not sure I even answered up to 10 questions out of the 20 given in the math section(I think I answered 9) but those 10 I answered I was very sure of and on completion of the test I got an email that I was successful and had made it to the next round.

Its is a simple trick they use to weed out the smart ones from the entire lot but many keep falling for their trap by rushing to answer everything and end up getting bungled out in the first round.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 11:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Yes, there is indeed a special way of answering the test. Its all about using your common sense to answer the questions. You ARE NOT expected to finish all the questions because they that set the questions know the time given isn't enough to finish the test. The test is simply all about accuracy and, precision with the numbers you answered. Answer only the ones you know. Someone who answers only 10 out of 20 and gets 10 correctly will be selected over you who rushed to answer all 20 questions just to feel good that 'you answered everything' but got 10 and failed 10. This is because the first person will be taken as more accurate and precise and would be assumed to have gotten all 20 questions had he more time, compared to you who answered all 20 but failed as many as 10 questions.

Its is a simple trick they use to weed out the smart ones from the entire lot but many keep falling for their trap by rushing to answer everything and end up getting bungled out in the first round.
Francis! Francis! Francis! How many times did I call you? shocked So you can forget a friend so fast? sad

There is God o!
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bigfrancis21: 12:51am On Oct 10, 2014
kofsy:
Francis! Francis! Francis! How many times did I call you? shocked So you can forget a friend so fast? sad

There is God o!

Sorry my dear. Its not like that. Life here can be so busy. I'm currently in a java programming lab right now, sneaking a peek every other 30 minutes at nairaland.

I'll ping you right away on bbm.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Nobody: 12:57am On Oct 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Sorry my dear. Its not like that. Life here can be so busy. I'm currently in a java programming lab right now, sneaking a peek every other 30 minutes at nairaland.

I'll ping you right away on bbm.
lol. I can't even find you on my bbm anymore
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bigfrancis21: 3:03am On Oct 10, 2014
kofsy:
lol. I can't even find you on my bbm anymore

I changed BBs recently, and hence pins. I guess that's why. I just sent you a friend request.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by harffie(m): 8:41am On Oct 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Yes, there is indeed a special way of answering the test. Its all about using your common sense to answer the questions. You ARE NOT expected to finish all the questions because they that set the questions know the time given isn't enough to finish the test. The test is simply all about accuracy and, precision with the numbers you answered. Answer only the ones you know and leave the rest. Someone who answers only 10 out of 20 and gets 10 correctly will be selected over you who rushed to answer all 20 questions just to feel good that 'you answered everything' but got 10 and failed 10. This is because the first person will be taken as more accurate and precise and would be assumed to have gotten all 20 questions had he more time, compared to you who answered all 20 but failed as many as 10 questions.

During my time I'm not sure I even answered up to 10 questions out of the 20 given in the math section(I think I answered 9) but those 10 I answered I was very sure of and on completion of the test I got an email that I was successful and had made it to the next round.

Thanks Bro....na the SRD I didn't get an invite to!
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by obyno10ten: 1:25am On Oct 13, 2014
I just applied and will b glad to get more relevant information (links, past questions, materials, clues etc) as I appreciate the kind friends that has keep the boat rowing.
(Uhurupoint@yahoo.com just in case)
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by drmam46: 11:03am On Oct 13, 2014
obyno10ten:
I just applied and will b glad to get more relevant information (links, past questions, materials, clues etc) as I appreciate the kind friends that has keep the boat rowing.
(Uhurupoint@yahoo.com just in case)
So they have open the application again
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by flyca: 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I read EE at the University of Nigeria Nsukka. I'm starting my masters by January next year.

Hi, I did same course, same uni. I need your assistance as I'm currently doing the present shell recruitment test.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bigfrancis21: 3:07am On Oct 14, 2014
flyca:

Hi, I did same course, same uni. I need your assistance as I'm currently doing the present shell recruitment test.

Hello flyca. Nice to meet you. What graduating class are you?

What stage are you at in the test process currently?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Valendo: 4:35am On Oct 14, 2014
bigfrancis21:

my application has been under review since I finished my second stage that has to do with graphs and charts. Abeg bro what does that mean and the only message I got was the careful consideration bla bla bla
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by flyca: 5:22am On Oct 14, 2014
bigfrancis21:

2011. Pls can you send a mail to zizimails@yahoo.com
My application is still hanging
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bigfrancis21: 6:00am On Oct 14, 2014
Valendo:
my application has been under review since I finished my second stage that has to do with graphs and charts. Abeg bro what does that mean and the only message I got was the careful consideration bla bla bla

Since when did you do the last online test? It shouldn't take more than one month to get a call from them scheduling you for the phone interview stage, after which the phone interview call comes on the scheduled date.

Also, what documents did you upload during your application? ie transcripts, NYSC discharge letter/call-up letter etc?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bigfrancis21: 6:04am On Oct 14, 2014
flyca:

2011. Pls can you send a mail to zizimails@yahoo.com
My application is still hanging

Are you of the 2013 batch? At what stage is your application currently on?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by dtphilosopher: 6:09am On Oct 14, 2014
guys, are u interested in working from home job? Then click here http://earn4task.com/?id=39937
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by Valendo: 6:22am On Oct 14, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Since when did you do the last online test? It shouldn't take more than one month to get a call from them scheduling you for the phone interview stage, after which the phone interview call comes on the scheduled date.

Also, what documents did you upload during your application? ie transcripts, NYSC discharge letter/ call-up letter etc?
thanks I did the last online on the 11 of this month and I uploaded only my certificate I'm batch c and I will pass out this coming thursday I intend to upload my nysc cert as soon as I get it buh this issue of transcripts how important is it? Thanks bro really appreciate
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by flyca: 8:47am On Oct 14, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Are you of the 2013 batch? At what stage is your application currently on?

2013 batch of what? I need someone to help me review my cover letter for the current shell graduate recruitment. A lot of online sources, conflicting.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by obyno10ten: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Also, what documents did you upload during your application? ie transcripts, NYSC discharge letter/call-up letter etc?
I didn't upload anything. is it compulsory?
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bigfrancis21: 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
flyca:

2013 batch of what? I need someone to help me review my cover letter for the current shell graduate recruitment. A lot of online sources, conflicting.

I was referring to if you were of the 2013 Shell recruitment process. Or maybe you're of the 2014 process, from your post.

Email your cover letter to me. I can help you review it and send back to you. beaudefrax@yahoo.co.uk

Tip: upload copies of your transcript, NYSC discharge certificate/NYSC call-up letter, and evidence of any scholarship or award you won during undergraduate studies, if any. These extra materials about you help to screen you out of from the 'average' pile of applicants that don't upload these materials.
Re: 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates by bigfrancis21: 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
obyno10ten:

I didn't upload anything. is it compulsory?

Valendo:
thanks I did the last online on the 11 of this month and I uploaded only my certificate I'm batch c and I will pass out this coming thursday I intend to upload my nysc cert as soon as I get it buh this issue of transcripts how important is it? Thanks bro really appreciate

Oct 11 is still very recent. Just be patient you'll get a call from them. During my time it took about 1 month after the second online test to receive a call from them scheduling me for a phone interview appointment.

Yes, uploading 'extraneous' copies such as NYSC discharge, transcripts, university degree certificate, copies of scholarship(s) or awards, if any, that you won while in UG helps to support your application strongly and make it stand out from others. I strongly recommend that. During my time I uploaded my transcripts(I was lucky I had them with me already), copies of my scholarship awards while in UG(all combined into one PDF file), copy of my degree certificate, and copy of my NYSC call-up letter(I was still serving then). The recruiters take time to review everyone's application and their documents uploaded. This is where you can leave a good impression on them by uploading those documents. Uploading those documents are optional, I know, but the option was put online for a reason. It's all common sense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (46) (Reply)

Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police / Nigeria Civil Defence Corp Is Recruiting:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.