Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" (12614 Views)

I Helped Steve Jobs Create The Mac — Bill Gates / "internet Explorer Users Are Less Intelligent" Scientific Study Shows / About To Try Mac; Mac Users, - Are We Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Enogoyes: 12:09am On May 08, 2013
Bill Gates took a shot at the iPad while explaining Microsoft’s rationale for the Surface on monday morning on CNBC.

He was asked about the declining PC market. He said that tablets are growing in popularity, and it’s “going to be harder and harder to distinguish products” that are PCs versus tablets.

The Surface, he says, brings the “portability of the tablet but the richness of the PC.”
He then said of people using iPad-like devices, “A lot of those users are frustrated, they can’t type, they can’t create documents, they don’t have Office there.”

While some people are frustrated by the iPad’s limitations, most embrace it. Apple sold 19.5 million iPads last quarter. Over that same period, HP, the world’s number one PC seller, sold 11.7 million PCs, according to Gartner.

read more:http://enogoyesgh..com/2013/05/bill-gates-condemns-ipadsays-lot-of.html

3 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 9:38am On May 08, 2013
but if you check am na true small sha, some times you dream of having your own ipad, but when you have it, you are like is dat all? I feel so sorry for those people especially girls who carry their ipad2 walking around lagos with earphone listening to music, na wahala you dey find. And na wahala you go get. angry kids still dey collect Nokia Torch den to talk of ipad2.

10 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 08, 2013
fully blocked......no chance here!!! winkfully blocked......no chance here!!!
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by lat4real: 2:14pm On May 08, 2013
Just passing with my tecno android phone...

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by caesaraba(m): 2:14pm On May 08, 2013
Chai! If I hear say we are frustrated. There are many things An iPad offers you that a pc just can't. Portability is chief among those things.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by effisyman: 2:15pm On May 08, 2013
Andriod remains the best.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 08, 2013
NEVER GOT THE IPAD CRAZE. JUST DO WHAT I DID. BUY A LAPTOP THE SIZE OF AN IPAD

6 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 08, 2013
As a multiple tablets user, It's so true. Surface is actually a clean break. You can use it as laptop and as tablet. The office is actually a plus. One can not own a tablet without using a laptop, but with a Surface, ITS BOTH.

3 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by rozayx5(m): 2:16pm On May 08, 2013
true, its just a waste of money
android tabs are even better undecided

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by pendusky(m): 2:17pm On May 08, 2013
Its Market Strategy!!! Bill is trying to promote his Product.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Kairoseki77: 2:17pm On May 08, 2013
Bill Gates is mad....lol!

Apple is the largest company in the world, and they are crushing ALL competitors.

Don't worry Bill...you still have a lot of money. Jobs just makes better products.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by tellwisdom: 2:17pm On May 08, 2013
Yes they are undecided....is Ipad not from dangote cement??

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by vandarsar(m): 2:17pm On May 08, 2013
A little bit of marketing gimmick Bill
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by DrWhizy(m): 2:17pm On May 08, 2013
wont stop me from purchasing an ipad mini 32gig, wi-fi, 4g in addition to my ipad 3. grin grin grin

make i see food chop first. undecided

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Policewoman(f): 2:17pm On May 08, 2013
Enogoyes: Bill Gates took a shot at the iPad while explaining Microsoft’s rationale for the Surface on monday morning on CNBC.

He was asked about the declining PC market. He said that tablets are growing in popularity, and it’s “going to be harder and harder to distinguish products” that are PCs versus tablets.

The Surface, he says, brings the “portability of the tablet but the richness of the PC.”
He then said of people using iPad-like devices, “A lot of those users are frustrated, they can’t type, they can’t create documents, they don’t have Office there.”

While some people are frustrated by the iPad’s limitations, most embrace it. Apple sold 19.5 million iPads last quarter. Over that same period, HP, the world’s number one PC seller, sold 11.7 million PCs, according to Gartner.

read more:http://enogoyesgh..com/2013/05/bill-gates-condemns-ipadsays-lot-of.html
So why is Microsoft compalining of when they have almost equal no of sales?
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by ebamma(m): 2:18pm On May 08, 2013
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Kairoseki77: 2:18pm On May 08, 2013
Dr. Whizy:
wont stop me from purchasing an ipad mini 32gig, wi-fi, 4g in addition to my ipad 3. grin grin grin

when i chop belle full. undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by aku626(m): 2:18pm On May 08, 2013
just saying, is good ol' Billy hating? anyway the new surface is terrific not as cool as the ipad cause its bulky
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Krasid(m): 2:19pm On May 08, 2013
Finally,it has been confirmed by scientist.too much money makes you mad.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 08, 2013
Somebody is not happy that Apple's technology surpassed his but instead of bitchinh sir,I will recommend you get yourself one iPad and steal the technology.Samsung has been doing that you know but don't get caught for snitching sir.

19m VS 11m doesn't show that the bigger numbers are frustrated at Apple but the owners of the small numbers are just bitter at being pushed aside in the technology world.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Policewoman(f): 2:19pm On May 08, 2013
Tablets are very convenient i no go lie you. especially as NEPA dey fvck person up. But it can also be frustrating cos you can't do most office stuff you can normally do with a laptop.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 08, 2013
I tink he's making sum sense there
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by trolling(m): 2:20pm On May 08, 2013
obadiah777: NEVER GOT THE IPAD CRAZE. JUST DO WHAT I DID. BUY A LAPTOP THE SIZE OF AN IPAD
bought the Chromebook and it's very portable, it's fun browsing on the couch
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Parnassuss(m): 2:21pm On May 08, 2013
Kairoseki77: Bill Gates is mad....lol!

Apple is the largest company in the world, and they are crushing ALL competitors.

Don't worry Bill...you still have a lot of money. Jobs just makes better products.

*Made

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by playcharles(m): 2:22pm On May 08, 2013
choi.... i exchanged my apple tablet for pineapple tablet
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by maninmood(m): 2:22pm On May 08, 2013
In as much as I support Gate's view on users' frustration on iPads, it is not apparently true as there are loads of applications on App store that work exactly like office. I can write notes on my iPad and that for me is close to typing. Notwithstanding, we are looking forward to getting the Microsoft surface. Nice advert Gates. That is what you get when you work deeply on analysis section on software development. You listen to users' requirement and you work on it on the implementation stage. I can't wait to work with you Sir!
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by trolling(m): 2:22pm On May 08, 2013
Policewoman: Tablets are very convenient i no go lie you. especially as NEPA dey fvck person up. But it can also be frustrating cos you can't do most office stuff you can normally do with a laptop.
buy the Chromebook it's really portable me like the Samsung Chromebook but as a secondary pc
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 08, 2013
Microsoft is a software developer and NOT a hardware company. Apple combines both hardware and software solutions.

Apple way better than Microsoft.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 08, 2013
trolling: bought the Chromebook and it's very portable, it's fun browsing on the couch
THE CHROMEBOOK IS TIGHT. I GOT THE ACER ASPIRE. THIS ONE [img]http://gadget.com.pt/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Acer-Aspire-One-753.jpg[/img]

ITS AS THIN AS A LITERAL NOTEBOOK. VERY SMALL TOO. NOT CUMBERSOME. IPAD IS A WASTE OF TIME
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by great063(m): 2:25pm On May 08, 2013
Ok.
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by jhydebaba(m): 2:25pm On May 08, 2013
Nokia 3310 still rocks tongue wink cheesy
Re: Bill Gates Condemns iPad, Says Lots Of Users Are Frustrated" by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:25pm On May 08, 2013
I use CloudOn for my office documents and it is a free app for the iPad. So, he should park well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku's University Responsible For 55% Total Internet Traffic In Nigeria! / Cyber-theft Prompts Search For Nigerian Bank IT Worker / Wiring Circuit Diagram For Inverter, Grid And Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.