Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? (25925 Views)

Let's See How Old You Are: Can You Remember This chewing gum? / Please Do This Before Wearing Your Shoes (Must See Pic) / Ladies Do You Remember This Doll? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by jaytime(m): 8:08pm On May 14, 2013
We really need this shoes back in vogue.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by goldwaters(f): 8:09pm On May 14, 2013
Yaay, yes cortina from bata or lennards. Those soles, whatever were they made of? Dem no de spoil o.lol. Kito and trekkers came out much l8r.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by economia: 8:12pm On May 14, 2013
It is called 'BACK-TO-SCHOOL'
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Ribaman(m): 8:29pm On May 14, 2013
Wow! Those were the days!
Came back from first day school without mine (@ Army Children School, Myayoung barracks, Yaba, Lagos).
My not-so-pleased, but loving parents, had to cough up another pair the next day. One of the advantages of being a first born child.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by babesmiley(f): 9:34pm On May 14, 2013
naijaz_own: BATA or LENARDS...
grin

I remember having a pair imposed on me by ma old-guy...As I try spoil am reach, shoe no gree spoil.
E rugged diee...

d shoe is
mostly imposed and e no de spoil.u can only outgrow it

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by nuwell(m): 10:09pm On May 14, 2013
Ha! Good old trusties! Never say die, first choice school footwear in its heydey. They don't make them like they used to
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by seyron: 10:14pm On May 14, 2013
cortina wz d official sandal @ fgcikirun osun state den wore mine 4almst 2yrs...menh dt wz dn
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by trolling(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2013
na yaba me i dey go buy my own Bata, wey dey dey inside box,e go con give you this kind smell...nostalgic memories
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Limaoscar: 11:06pm On May 14, 2013
How can i forget "Barra cortina"

"Barra my choice, sunny whimsical"grin
How can I forget a pair of shoes that I had to wear over-sized so my feet had to grow into themgrin

How can I forget the pair of shoes that gave me bruises in my heels and.....made me walk a whole week like a kiwi

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by omohba: 11:06pm On May 14, 2013
I wore it in secondary days..twas compulsory for everybody then in my school..long live TCC.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by agentzakky(m): 11:54pm On May 14, 2013
i love Leanard cortina more than BATA cortina. i wore it till SS2.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 12:57am On May 15, 2013
naijaz_own: BATA or LENARDS...
grin

I remember having a pair imposed on me by ma old-guy...As I try spoil am reach, shoe no gree spoil.
E rugged diee...

Chai. ADRAO memories. ..I had a pair of both names. BATA wasn't soo good as Lenards..
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by chijokz(m): 1:26am On May 15, 2013
WOW...i miss my Cortinas n Bata...mine really lasted back in the days since popsy no gree buy me new ones even after coming 2nd in class...
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by AdexOmoby(f): 2:11am On May 15, 2013
LesbianBoy: Like this comment if you wore 'kito' sandals back in the days!
hmmmmm....like if you wore 'aerosoft' too...
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by cjprince(m): 4:52am On May 15, 2013
I remember it then, when mum bought it from Bata in kaduna state for me and my sister as xmas shoe... Memories of old school... Lol.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Sirchucks(m): 5:57am On May 15, 2013
Yes i remember it. Bata shoe. Built to last
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by aquabeing: 6:12am On May 15, 2013
If you like this then you should like "I watched Nigerian TV in the 80s"facebook page
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:38am On May 15, 2013
Hahahahaha.....oh yeah! I can rmber wearing those shoes, it used to be my favourite...cause it makes one look smart.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:40am On May 15, 2013
omohba: I wore it in secondary days..twas compulsory for everybody then in my school..long live TCC.
lool same here, it was compulsory for all.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by wale50cent: 7:10am On May 15, 2013
lol
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 7:46am On May 15, 2013
aadetoyin: Yeeeeeeees. I love them. So comfortable. I can remember am always eager to get a new pair of Bata shoes back then around Ojota. Whenever I pass that area I just keep wondering what happened to Bata and Lenards
Sweet memories.
Can u remember those long socks we used to wear?
Its now known as famad,and dey r still at ojota
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Olamilec(m): 8:00am On May 15, 2013
Going back the memory lane I remember singing "Cortina tina BATA tina tina BATA eh eh BATA 2x" maybe dancing Azonto to it then cause I can't really remember what I use to dance to it but if it were these days I hope Azonto or Alingo...LOL
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by crisycent: 8:13am On May 15, 2013
na ajebo wear these ones na! na rubber sandals we wear. thank God say levels don change.

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by TheMatrix3: 9:18am On May 15, 2013
My Cortina shoes would neva come to me in its next world. My Dad bought me my first pair in Primary four when i took 3rd and I wore up till JS2. By that time, the sole was so flat (from too much screeching) like a wafer and all the shoe makers had an autograph on the shoe grin. I even remembered giving the shoe a pet name (though adon forget the name sef). I kept the corpse of the shoe in the wardrobe to shpw my kids... before militants stole it grin grin grin
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by begwong: 9:24am On May 15, 2013
i put that shoe tire from form 1-3 in the early 80s grin
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by paix(m): 9:32am On May 15, 2013
yes o, I had mine way back then. It was rugged and very comfortable to wear.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by peter5044: 9:57am On May 15, 2013
you have just remembered me my old school days army command children school zaria.
the shoe never dies,my father will bring evostic gum from his work place and start to repair always the front will pull open.it is a good shoe.
i try buying one for my son but the quality is not the same again.
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by flyforall: 10:09am On May 15, 2013
I wear this shoe sha
I was a loyal customer @ BATA
Whatever happened to them?
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Okijajuju: 10:59am On May 15, 2013
cryI remember those sandals..

Sadly, we werent rich then so we couldnt afford it. I was Jonathans neighbour, we both had no shoes..
Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Angyee(f): 11:19am On May 15, 2013
LOL! Memories.

And would you believe it, out of interest I ran a Google search for Bata shoes and the company still exists in a good number of countries though for whatever reason they are not in US or UK (They are in Canada and Australia). Anyway so I went one further and guess what? While slightly different, these our beloved shoes still exist, now known - very aptly - as Toughees!

@ Mandy4$ here's a link for you: http://www.bata.com/brands-Bata-Toughees.php#1

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Angyee(f): 11:24am On May 15, 2013
Here's another pic from the Australia site of a Bata toughees shoe called Zoe

I actually remember Bata shoes and Lennards, Kito came much later. Darn! Like joke, like play, person don old oh!

Re: Do You Remember Wearing Cortina Shoes ? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 15, 2013
Haa the days when Jenny thought herself to be one hawt chick in those grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Brother's Wife Has Never Said Sorry To Him Since They Got Married / What Are The Things People Without Home Training Do In Another Person's House ?? / Police Arrest Grandmother For Locking Up Her 3 Grandchildren In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.