Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? (1230 Views)

Do Catholic Churches Preach At All ??????? / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus? / Proof That Catholics Worship Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 1:22pm On May 08, 2013
I went for a thanks giving service in Catholic Church, lo and behold, time to pray all I keep hearing is “ holy mary mother of Jesus pray for us sinners“. Not only that, majority if not all Catholic have an alter in their home with the image of mary and candle.
Pls can some one clearify me why is it so with a biblical back up!
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 08, 2013
First to comment!
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 08, 2013
Hello Chek,

Hope you are doing great? I trust you are...

ChEkWaS IyKe :
I went for a thanks giving service in Catholic Church,

Really? That's so nice of you...

ChEkWaS IyKe :

lo and behold, time to pray all I keep hearing is “ holy mary mother of Jesus pray for us sinners“.

You said you went to a thanks given in a Catholic church and all you heard was the Hail Mary? Now I know you are lying...I love the Hail Mary but that prayer does not form the major parts of the Mass...

And you got it wrong...it is Holy Mary, Mother of God...

ChEkWaS IyKe :

Not only that, majority if not all Catholic have an alter in their home with the image of mary and candle.

My parents have an altar too...and each time I go there I make sure I bow before the altar...

ChEkWaS IyKe :

I gave you the answers that suits your curiosity...if indeed you want to know, you won't start by lying...
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by truthislight: 2:17pm On May 08, 2013
striktlymi: Hello Chek,

Hope you are doing great? I trust you are...

Really? That's so nice of you...

You said you went to a thanks given in a Catholic church and all you heard was the Hail Mary? Now I know you are lying...I love the Hail Mary but that prayer does not form the major parts of the Mass...

And you got it wrong...it is Holy Mary, Mother of God...

My parents have an altar too...and each time I go there I make sure I bow before the altar...

I gave you the answers that suits your curiosity...if indeed you want to know, you won't start by lying...

cool
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by italo: 5:12pm On May 08, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
I went for a thanks giving service in Catholic Church, lo and behold, time to pray all I keep hearing is “ holy mary mother of Jesus pray for us sinners“. Not only that, majority if not all Catholic have an alter in their home with the image of mary and candle.

LIAR!

Proverbs 19:9 "A false witness will not go unpunished, and whoever pours out lies will perish."

Proverbs 19:5 "A false witness will not go unpunished, and whoever pours out lies will not go free."

Proverbs 21:28 "A false witness will perish, but a careful listener will testify successfully."

Daniel 6:24 "At the king's command, the men who had falsely accused Daniel were brought in and thrown into the lions' den, along with their wives and children. And before they reached the floor of the den, the lions overpowered them and crushed all their bones."

Can somebody say AMEN to the word of God?
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by Rich4god(m): 5:41pm On May 08, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
Plz, tell us what kind of prayer was said that you keep hearing "Holy Mary..."
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by Syncan(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2013
@OP, Pls listen to the brethren and retrace your steps. I am sorry, I was wrong ...is not a bad Idea. Take heed of Italo's post and make amends because "you have been weighed and found wanting".
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 08, 2013
This one na ogbonge liar!! The hail mary prayer is only said onced during mass.I wonder the kind of mass the OP attended where he kept hearing hail mary during mass.Na waa for peopleooo
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 11:21pm On May 08, 2013
No doubt, all d pple dat hv comment so far are all Catholic. So to say if I did nt say it exactly hw is it said cus am nt a Catholic. Dat reminds me. Why mass instead of service?
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by woky: 6:57am On May 09, 2013
choi... Dis mango wan show him self
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by woky: 7:05am On May 09, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
May God hav mercy on u
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by italo: 7:27am On May 09, 2013
chukwudi44: This one na ogbonge liar!! The hail mary prayer is only said onced during mass.I wonder the kind of mass the OP attended where he kept hearing hail mary during mass.Na waa for peopleooo

And it is not even said at every mass.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by italo: 7:31am On May 09, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
No doubt, all d pple dat hv comment so far are all Catholic. So to say if I did nt say it exactly hw is it said cus am nt a Catholic. Dat reminds me. Why mass instead of service?

Is your hatred for Catholicism so much that you would choose to lose your soul over it?

See what God says about liars and bearers of false witness like you.
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:28pm On May 09, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
I went for a thanks giving service in Catholic Church, lo and behold, time to pray all I keep hearing is “ holy mary mother of Jesus pray for us sinners“.
the above isn't true, next time speak the truth or find a better lie to tell, i'll advise you speak the truth instead of a better lie.
Not only that, majority if not all Catholic have an alter in their home with the image of mary and candle.
i think my parents have such ..... like that with images Jesus, mary jude and theresa among others. That of my parents isn't an alter per se, it is an enthronment. It is a clear symbol for all who care to know that we have enthroned the lord Jesus as Lord over our life, our family, our whole being and our household and that we have as our brother and sisters all who are members of the body of christ. It is a symbol of our communion with the lord Jesus.
i'm sure if you open ur bible you'll find so many point that say Jesus is lord, to have a symbol of it is personal for any particular christain.
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:43pm On May 09, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :
that is interesting, the word service isn't even found in the bible nor is the word service.
The worship of the early christians was called the "breaking of bread", later on it was call eucharistia meaning thanksgiving, catholics still call it eucharistia/eucharist till today. When christianity spread to rome and the language of the roman church changed from greek to latin, the last words of the eucharist celebration was "ite missal est" literally meaning "it is finished" or "you ar dismissed", the common people started to call it missal, that is how d name continued till today. The greek churches seemed to have more educated people and they called it "the divine liturgy".
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by SalC: 7:11pm On May 09, 2013
I would have said amen to this but truly I prefer him being pardoned.
italo:

LIAR!

Proverbs 19:9 "A false witness will not go unpunished, and whoever pours out lies will perish."

Proverbs 19:5 "A false witness will not go unpunished, and whoever pours out lies will not go free."

Proverbs 21:28 "A false witness will perish, but a careful listener will testify successfully."

Daniel 6:24 "At the king's command, the men who had falsely accused Daniel were brought in and thrown into the lions' den, along with their wives and children. And before they reached the floor of the den, the lions overpowered them and crushed all their bones."

Can somebody say AMEN to the word of God?

Our God is still a merciful God.
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by Syncan(m): 7:51pm On May 09, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :

So you want non catholics to jump in and defend your lie or what? Please be christian and appologise for that obvious falsehood, and be free. Ube has answered your question, just to let you know that you do not need to lie in order to learn.
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by wazobiaforu(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2013
Op you mean you worship Jesus?
Am sure you are only here to mock the catholic. But I have realised It will just be waste of time because every doctrine have their back ups even your church
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by italo: 9:38pm On May 09, 2013
Sal C: I would have said amen to this but truly I prefer him being pardoned. Our God is still a merciful God.

Whether we say "amen" or not, God's word will come to pass.

Yes, our God is a merciful God but he is also JUST!

I also wish him to be pardoned, even God wishes that too...but God will not force him to be repentant.
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 10, 2013
italo:

And it is not even said at every mass.
must it be said? Why dont you hail the brothers "god"?
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by italo: 6:06pm On May 10, 2013
Segeggs: must it be said? Why dont you hail the brothers "god"?

Wetin dey pinch dis one for bodi?
Re: Why Do Catholic Worship Mary Instead Of Jesus? by PrettySpicey(f): 8:21pm On May 10, 2013
Why do non-catholics show such utter disrespect toward the Mother of Jesus, Our Savior, Lord and God?
N how do you people think Jesus really feels about that?
And what makes you people believe Jesus is threatened, in any way at all, by the HONOR bequeated on His Blessed Mother by catholics?
Let us be very careful ... Ignorance and Pride might not be accepted excuses at the end of the day.
When you lack understanding, ask to be taught. N in matters concerning God, don't assume you know, ask The Holy Spirit to enlighten you.

(1) (Reply)

What The Church Doesn't Want You To Know / Another Bomb Blast In Hotoro,kano / Unfolding Agenda Against Christianity In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.