Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,947 members, 7,838,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State (1573 Views)

Ohanaeze To Announce The Presidential Candidate They Would Support In 2 Weeks / Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race / Coscharis Group Is A 'Pure Water' Business - Ifeanyi Uba (Capital Oil) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by manny4life(m): 9:51pm On May 08, 2013
Sealeddeal: Dr Ifeanyi Ubah's intention for Anambra state is that of good. Actually,campaign has not been declared open by INEC and so,no candidate has presented his/her masterplan.They are just creating awareness of their interest in the race. In fact,someone like Dr Ifeanyi Ubah is yet to indicate his party.

Ok o, when that time comes (campaign trail), let us know his grand master plan for Anambra. As for me, can anything good come out of Esau? Mbanu...
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by mekaboy(m): 9:56pm On May 08, 2013
Sealeddeal: i dont know when speaking english becomes the criteria for measuring intelligence. Ifeanyi Ubah is a chairman of five heavy industries and CEO of capital oil/gas. If he is not intelligent,he will not be in those positions. Ifeanyi Ubah did not get doctorate degree through post-graduate studies;he was awarded an honourary doctorate at University in New Jersey USA. You guys dont simply know the better point reason to use in questioning someone's intention. Whats is the role of english language in someone's leadership ability?

How did he get the capital? What's the big deal about setting up gas storage plants, forging documents and collecting subsidy funds for products u did not import and even when you import u still sell them for your own profit.?

It has an effect on appearance, if your gov is not fluent in english, people will assume you are all illiterates in your state. A governor is like a dress you put on. If you put on a lab coat people cld assume your a doctor. If u put on a police uniform pple assume you are a police man. If u put on ifeanyi UBAH you are putting on fraud.

What intention does he have anambra state besides getting hold of the funds and enrich himself. Someone who went into partnership with coscharis and defrauded him. What will he do to anambra people.?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Sealeddeal(m): 9:57pm On May 08, 2013
manny4life:

Speaking English is no sign for measuring intelligence but communication is. If you cannot communicate very well, then why are u a leader? This was the difference between Obama and Bush - Obama can sell you lies for the truth and you will buy it without thinking while Bush can sell you the truth yet you still doubt him. That is the power of communication.

Being a chairman of industries doesn't translate into being a leader being that democratic leaders need different set of skills unlike their private counterparts. Whether chairman or not, the man lacks the technical know-how of how the govt works. Ask Ubah to define the roles of govt, and he will flaunt it. More reasons why successful business men do not go into politics because that's a different atmosphere.
Anambra state has nothing to do with English language in their leadership because majority of people living in anambra state cannot understand English the way you think. The important language for communication in anambra state is Igbo language.

Equally,Anambra state actually need a successful person to lead them.In fact,thats one of the reasons why Gov Peter Obi was able to achieve his aim.Any unsuccessful man will not be allowed to govern anambra state as his intention,to build business using state money and his intention to govern well,will conflict.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Sealeddeal(m): 10:03pm On May 08, 2013
mekaboy:

How did he get the capital? What's the big deal about setting up gas storage plants, forging documents and collecting subsidy funds for products u did not import and even when you import u still sell them for your own profit.?

It has an effect on appearance, if your gov is not fluent in english, people will assume you are all illiterates in your state. A governor is like a dress you put on. If you put on a lab coat people cld assume your a doctor. If u put on a police uniform pple assume you are a police man. If u put on ifeanyi UBAH you are putting on fraud.

What intention does he have anambra state besides getting hold of the funds and enrich himself. Someone who went into partnership with coscharis and defrauded him. What will he do to anambra people.?
Do you want us to discuss Anambra guber race in relation to Dr Ifeanyi Ubah or you just want to say anything? If you want discussion,you try to do that and not coming here to say anything. I want you to know,just like i have always said, that nairaland opinion has zero effect on anambra state if not all states of SE. So,we can still make reasonable discussion if you wish.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by manny4life(m): 10:05pm On May 08, 2013
Sealeddeal: Anambra state has nothing to do with English language in their leadership because majority of people living in anambra state cannot understand English the way you think. The important language for communication in anambra state is Igbo language.

Equally,Anambra state actually need a successful person to lead them.In fact,thats one of the reasons why Gov Peter Obi was able to achieve his aim.Any unsuccessful man will not be allowed to govern anambra state as his intention,to build business using state money and his intention to govern well,will conflict.

Again, listen carefully, I said "communication", as long as Anambra and Nigeria still stand, English is the "OFFICIAL" language. When he's having a press conference, shey it's Igbo he will be speaking (not to say anything is wrong with it, in fact I adopt the idea), BUT what I was talking about it is "communication". Let's face it, he lacks the composure, the charisma, etiquette for "effective communication". He needs to be versed in both English and Igbo language.

Yes, Anambra needs a successful person not by definition of wealth, but FISCAL AND PUBLIC EXPERIENCE. Success is defined by whatever parameters used in it's definition. We need someone who has excelled in education, public governance, institutional hands on experience, someone who knows how the system of govt works. Anambra state is a public entity NOT a private one, I'd rather have Soludo, or Madam re-branding as our governor than him. If Madam NOI was Anambra, I endorse her too, all these people are not rich like them, but successful and have enormous wealth of public experience.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by mekaboy(m): 10:06pm On May 08, 2013
Sealeddeal: Anambra state has nothing to do with English language in their leadership because majority of people living in anambra state cannot understand English the way you think. The important language for communication in anambra state is Igbo language.

Do you think people just choose governors only to communicate with the citizens? The people choose a governor to represent them everywhere in the world.and the last time I checked igbo language is not a universal language yet.

Does ifeanyi UBAH have integrity? That is one of the most important principles of leadership. Can people count on his word? From his transaction with coscharis I doubt if he can be trusted with anambra state governorship.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by asha80(m): 10:06pm On May 08, 2013

peter obi is not a school drop out or illiterate like uba.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:09pm On May 08, 2013
I have not seen or heard Dangote or Adenuga contesting election. Something is up.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Inik(m): 10:21pm On May 08, 2013
As long as he is qualified to contest he should throw his hat into the ring and see how far his fortune will take him. However with the subsidy fraud hanging over his head i don't think he will be able to scale through the hurdle to get his name on the ballot.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Sealeddeal(m): 10:48pm On May 08, 2013
manny4life:

Again, listen carefully, I said "communication", as long as Anambra and Nigeria still stand, English is the "OFFICIAL" language. When he's having a press conference, shey it's Igbo he will be speaking (not to say anything is wrong with it, in fact I adopt the idea), BUT what I was talking about it is "communication". Let's face it, he lacks the composure, the charisma, etiquette for "effective communication". He needs to be versed in both English and Igbo language.

Yes, Anambra needs a successful person not by definition of wealth, but FISCAL AND PUBLIC EXPERIENCE. Success is defined by whatever parameters used in it's definition. We need someone who has excelled in education, public governance, institutional hands on experience, someone who knows how the system of govt works. Anambra state is a public entity NOT a private one, I'd rather have Soludo, or Madam re-branding as our governor than him. If Madam NOI was Anambra, I endorse her too, all these people are not rich like them, but successful and have enormous wealth of public experience.
Do you remember Prof Barth Nnaji? Now,lets take him as an example. Barth Nnaji has excelled in education and is much experienced in issues of public governance and have nice CV before he was appointed as Minister of Power. Ask yourself,why is he the first GEJ minister to be forced to resign? I want you to understand that people's academic success/knowledge does not translate to their passion to impact life and value to their people. If you think that people's knowledge in academics,public governance translate to their intention of leading their people well,then you need to think again. Most people know what to do to build their uplift the situation of their state but circumstances and their other intentions will most times conflict with the need of the masses. No matter the intention Prof soludo will have for anambra state,PDP will ruin it if he is given the chance and such things must be considered and not just name.
Equally,the 'successful' i mean has wealth as part of it.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Sealeddeal(m): 10:58pm On May 08, 2013
mekaboy:

Do you think people just choose governors only to communicate with the citizens? The people choose a governor to represent them everywhere in the world.and the last time I checked igbo language is not a universal language yet.

Does ifeanyi UBAH have integrity? That is one of the most important principles of leadership. Can people count on his word? From his transaction with coscharis I doubt if he can be trusted with anambra state governorship.
i doubt if you followed Ifeanyi Ubah's case with Coscharis well.And thats why you are already taking side. You dont know Coscharis more than i do.He is from Nnewi and i am from Nnewi too.if Coscharis was right,why did the court ruling not favour him?why didnt he proceed to appeal? I dont want to talk much about Coscharis.
Again,People do not chose governor to represent them.They chose governor to lead them and develop them. Maybe,you are looking for representatives of anambra people;that could be the reason for your contrary view on Ifeanyi Ubah's intention.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by manny4life(m): 11:00pm On May 08, 2013
Sealeddeal: Do you remember Prof Barth Nnaji? Now,lets take him as an example. Barth Nnaji has excelled in education and is much experienced in issues of public governance and have nice CV before he was appointed as Minister of Power. Ask yourself,why is he the first GEJ minister to be forced to resign? I want you to understand that people's academic success/knowledge does not translate to their passion to impact life and value to their people. If you think that people's knowledge in academics,public governance translate to their intention of leading their people well,then you need to think again. Most people know what to do to build their uplift the situation of their state but circumstances and their other intentions will most times conflict with the need of the masses. No matter the intention Prof soludo will have for anambra state,PDP will ruin it if he is given the chance and such things must be considered and not just name.

SPACE RESERVED.

I will reply you when I'm done with making dinner.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by mekaboy(m): 11:01pm On May 08, 2013
Sealeddeal: Do you remember Prof Barth Nnaji? Now,lets take him as an example. Barth Nnaji has excelled in education and is much experienced in issues of public governance and have nice CV before he was appointed as Minister of Power. Ask yourself,why is he the first GEJ minister to be forced to resign? I want you to understand that people's academic success/knowledge does not translate to their passion to impact life and value to their people. If you think that people's knowledge in academics,public governance translate to their intention of leading their people well,then you need to think again. Most people know what to do to build their uplift the situation of their state but circumstances and their other intentions will most times conflict with the need of the masses. No matter the intention Prof soludo will have for anambra state,PDP will ruin it if he is given the chance and such things must be considered and not just name.

Was bath nnaji asked to resign because he was not able to perform his duties ? Or was he asked to resign because he did not have good intentions for nigeria power sector?

He had to resign if he wants to be part of the bidding process.

UBAH is not academically presentable, he also lacks integrity. The same person u approached for business partnership. U turn and his business pure water business on tv.

That tells a lot abt his personality. Even contesting with a case of fraud against nigeria on his head.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Sealeddeal(m): 11:12pm On May 08, 2013
manny4life:

If all you stated here are to be examined in Nigeria leaders from Presidency to governors,then you will find out that Ifeanyi Ubah is actually more qualified than alot of governors.
Equally,all the conditions you listed above are not contained in electoral law/constitution and i dont want to believe you think that the writer of those basic laws are senseless.i dont know why you are trying to define the next anambra governor to suit your choice instead of making it such that the person will have the capacity to maintain order/peace,build infrastructures/social amenities and so on. I dont think there is any governor who has won accolade or bring development to his people using his charisma,etiquette etc. Consider an anambra governos as a developer and you will start to consider Ifeanyi Ubah as the next governor.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 08, 2013
Obiagu1:

Under what party?

I know Ngige is out (APC)
Soludo not far away from the exit door (PDP) or else he changes party.

Ngige is out because of APC, and Soludo is out because of PDP but Uba is gaining support becauuuuuusssseeeee?

SMH at the way yall vote.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by mekaboy(m): 11:17pm On May 08, 2013
Sealeddeal: If all you stated here are to be examined in Nigeria leaders from Presidency to governors,then you will find out that Ifeanyi Ubah is actually more qualified than alot of governors.
Equally,all the conditions you listed above are not contained in electoral law/constitution and i dont want to believe you think that the writer of those basic laws are senseless.i dont know why you are trying to define the next anambra governor to suit your choice instead of making it such that the person will have the capacity to maintain order/peace,build infrastructures/social amenities and so on. I dont think there is any governor who has won accolade or bring development to his people using his charisma,etiquette etc. Consider an anambra governos as a developer and you will start to consider Ifeanyi Ubah as the next governor.

A man without integrity can't develop the state. Other governors finish their tenure and then EFCC starts to chase them. How can anambra now have someone who EFCC is chasing run into govt?

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Sealeddeal(m): 11:26pm On May 08, 2013
mekaboy:

Was bath nnaji asked to resign because he was not able to perform his duties ? Or was he asked to resign because he did not have good intentions for nigeria power sector?

He had to resign if he wants to be part of the bidding process.

UBAH is not academically presentable, he also lacks integrity. The same person u approached for business partnership. U turn and his business pure water business on tv.

That tells a lot abt his personality. Even contesting with a case of fraud against nigeria on his head.
If he was not asked to resign,he could have used his position to influence the bidding process to favour his company and as such disobeying the law he knew exist. If he like Nigeria,he will not indulge in irregularities that will conflict with his intention and which actually ruined his career as a power minister.So,circumstance and intentions will surely come up during leadership which can make a leader to chose the way that will serve his interest and thats why Anambra state does not need a devoted politician.we need a committed leader. Most of the people who are contesting the Anambra guber race are dyed-in-the wool politicains who can do anything to cling to power for personal gain instead of public need and as such,the need for anambra to chose people who are already made and are satisfied with themselves.People whose intention is to serve the state and give way to others. Ifeanyi Ubah is so rich that embezzling anambra's wealth will not be his need.i believe he is satisfied with himself.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Sealeddeal(m): 11:42pm On May 08, 2013
mekaboy:

A man without integrity can't develop the state. Other governors finish their tenure and then EFCC starts to chase them. How can anambra now have someone who EFCC is chasing run into govt?
No its not like that. I know quite well that there is someone else you are supporting and i wish you will let me know the person. As long as our discussion continues,we will continue to say truth. You have so much looked down on Ifeanyi Ubah and i believe thats one of the reasons why he will out-perform all the past anambra governor because he will surely want to prove his opponents wrong. Ifeanyi Ubah is not lacking in integrity. The problem is that you chose to believe the stories told by Coscharis(who is actually lacking in integrity).if you know who Coscharis is,you will not believe anything that come out of his lips.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by ChimaAdeoye: 11:46pm On May 08, 2013
mekaboy: I was discussing with a friend who is in onitsha about 2014 election. I told him it cld be either Ngige or soludo. He laughed and said from what he is seeing, it cld like be ifeanyi uba. That he is gaining massive support.

I am not in Anambra right now and I don't know how true this is. But I hope anabra does not present such a person as gov or I no go step foot there for the next S yrs.

@ the bolded, they can present Anini or a he goat as their governor. As long as the animal wins freely and fairly, i'm all for it.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by RickyRoss1(m): 11:47pm On May 08, 2013
I am not from Anambra but I wish Anambra people the best of luck.
I do not think Ifeanyi Uba has good intentions for the people of Anambra. To me he is a criminal and must not be allowed to win. He is gaining popularity now because he is the candidate that is spending the most money at the moment. People should chop his money and still vote for the best candidate.

I respect Ngige and Soludo. Infact, it is someone in the mold of Soludo that can unleash the true potentials of Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by asha80(m): 12:28am On May 09, 2013
Sealeddeal: If he was not asked to resign,he could have used his position to influence the bidding process to favour his company and as such disobeying the law he knew exist. If he like Nigeria,he will not indulge in irregularities that will conflict with his intention and which actually ruined his career as a power minister.So,circumstance and intentions will surely come up during leadership which can make a leader to chose the way that will serve his interest and thats why Anambra state does not need a devoted politician.we need a committed leader. Most of the people who are contesting the Anambra guber race are dyed-in-the wool politicains who can do anything to cling to power for personal gain instead of public need and as such,the need for anambra to chose people who are already made and are satisfied with themselves.People whose intention is to serve the state and give way to others. Ifeanyi Ubah is so rich that embezzling anambra's wealth will not be his need.i believe he is satisfied with himself.
so how is he going to settle his capital oil's 42bn debt to access bank?anambra funds?he is made indeed sharing money like an uncouth tout to people...rubbish ego na ekwu politician.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Sealeddeal(m): 6:50am On May 09, 2013
asha 80: so how is he going to settle his capital oil's 42bn debt to access bank?anambra funds?he is made indeed sharing money like an uncouth tout to people...rubbish ego na ekwu politician.
Ifeanyi Ubah recently awarded contracts for the construction of heavy gas facilities in about 5 states in Nigeria;he is not bankrupt. Being indebted does not mean being bankrupt. I hope you know that Dangote recently obtained $4.5billion for the construction of his refinery;does that make him a bad businessman or a criminal? Strong business is run with loan and thats one of the reasons why banks are set up. The reason you heard about his debt with Access Bank is because of his face-off with AIG Imokhede/Coscharis over subsidy related issues.
For issue of sharing money,in Nnewi,we call such,'Aka ka aka gbajie'. All the contestants are sharing money but Ifeanyi Ubah being richer is sharing more;i am not perturbed about that as it doesnt constitute a dangerous act.
Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by mekaboy(m): 8:10am On May 09, 2013
Sealeddeal: Ifeanyi Ubah recently awarded contracts for the construction of heavy gas facilities in about 5 states in Nigeria;he is not bankrupt. Being indebted does not mean being bankrupt. I hope you know that Dangote recently obtained $4.5billion for the construction of his refinery;does that make him a bad businessman or a criminal? Strong business is run with loan and thats one of the reasons why banks are set up. The reason you heard about his debt with Access Bank is because of his face-off with AIG Imokhede/Coscharis over subsidy related issues.
For issue of sharing money,in Nnewi,we call such,'Aka ka aka gbajie'. All the contestants are sharing money but Ifeanyi Ubah being richer is sharing more;i am not perturbed about that as it doesnt constitute a dangerous act.

Did ifeanyi UBAH take a loan from govt or he forged documents to obtain money from the GOVT for a service he never rendered. Assuming coscharis is lying is the was he not among the companies that have been defrauding Nigeria?

Someone who is still reporting to EFCC, wants to be GOV. He lacks integrity that's the truth. He should be interested in paying back the monies he defrauded Nigerians of through subsidy. Instead of going to handle Nigerias money again.

With his record, how will he handle anambras FUNDS.

People said he is self made so he does not need anambra funds, if he is self made let him prove it and pay back the subsidy fund.I am not campaigning for any particular person, I am just ruling out UBAH as an option.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Uba Gaining Massive Support In Anambra State by Sealeddeal(m): 8:38am On May 09, 2013
mekaboy:

Did ifeanyi UBAH take a loan from govt or he forged documents to obtain money from the GOVT for a service he never rendered. Assuming coscharis is lying is the was he not among the companies that have been defrauding Nigeria?

Someone who is still reporting to EFCC, wants to be GOV. He lacks integrity that's the truth. He should be interested in paying back the monies he defrauded Nigerians of through subsidy. Instead of going to handle Nigerias money again.

With his record, how will he handle anambras FUNDS.

People said he is self made so he does not need anambra funds, if he is self made let him prove it and pay back the subsidy fund.I am not campaigning for any particular person, I am just ruling out UBAH as an option.
Do you know that Ifeanyi Ubah is still a major importer under the Federal govt subsidy scheme? The same Ifeanyi Ubah was accused of obtaining loan in illegal way until court proved otherwise. If FG's indictment is sacrosanct,there shouldnt have been a need for going to court. Court has not ruled that Ifeanyi Ubah defrauded FG. I have always believed that Gov Peter Obi did not embezzle anambra fund but recently,he was dragged to court for using anambra money for personal business and if i should judge things the way you do,i will just tag him a criminal. Petrol subsidy related issues has alot of sentiments attached to it and as such,people refuse to understand some truths about it. AIG Imoukhuede is settling his scores with Ifeanyi Ubah using subsidy issue and ofcourse,it coincided with his ambition to be governor of Anambra state.
Meanwhile,i am not saying that Dr Ifeanyi Ubah is a saint but politics has taught me alot.If Ifeanyi Ubah should decide to step aside from anambra guber race,all accusations against him will die,but,he will not do it and i believe he will win.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Whiz Kids Set To Dazzle The World In Maths Competition In July -NMC Bos / APC Can’t Stop Yoruba From National Confab –adebanjo / FT Says Africa Does Not Exist; Zuma - SA: Dont Think Like "Africans"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.