Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:00 PM

The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" (17750 Views)

8 DISTINCT Differences Between ISLAM And BOKOHARAM / Who Can Diffrentiate Between ISLAM OR MUSLIM?? / A Comparison Between Islam, Christianity And Judaism And The Choice Between ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Jordi(m): 12:48pm On May 11, 2013
[quote author=tspun]we known there is difference btw both. D problem i am having is tring to understand y any religion (islam) will promise is people (muslim) a reward for killing innocent people.#AND WHO TOLD U DAT KILLIN INNOCENT PPL IS A REWARD...THOU SHALL NT KILL IS A COMMANDMENT 4RM GOD EVEN IN D QURAN SO NXT TYM I ADVICE U TO READ A HOLY BOOK DAN LISTENIN TO COCK AND BULL STORY 4RM A FELLOW HUMAN BEING
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 11, 2013
tintingz: you should ask the christians same question...
aren't we here to know more about this sudden difference Muslim and Islam, funny how one can't live without the other..anyway answer my questions or you are clueless and you act like an automat, programmed to turn any muslim thread in an Islam vs Christianity.

Why the religion shoving sef, for people who don't care about what others think about your religion, you produce too much Front page thread( I know who is behind tho)
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tintingz(m): 1:10pm On May 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: aren't we here to know more about this sudden difference Muslim and Islam, funny how one can't live without the other..anyway answer my questions or you are clueless and you act like an automat, programmed to turn any muslim thread in an Islam vs Christianity.

Why the religion shoving sef, for people who don't care about what others think about your religion, you produce too much Front page thread( I know who is behind tho)
we muslims have explained the difference between Islam and muslim several times but still non-muslims insist on lies against Islam... Well i dont start any islam vs christianity on any thread i only point out the fact from their belief since we Muslim believed in Jesus a prophet of God and other prophets in the bible

Btw christians are use in insulting prophet Mohammed(sa) while you will never find a muslim insulting Jesus(as) the christian god.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by suffymum: 1:11pm On May 11, 2013
nice post but 4 dose dat are confused wat he meant is dat did present age only very few follow d pristine Islam as it is a complete religion dat preaches peace in every way but 2day most Muslims act otherwise to what Islam preaches hence wen u see a Muslim acting wrongly pls don't take it as dat is wat deir religion teaches NO Islam is a religion devoid of mistakes only d Muslims make mistake.I am sure it's d same 4 oda religions too.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Cocodiva: 1:36pm On May 11, 2013
novicali: That they were wearing cross does not in any way make them Christians, the Christians that spread the gospel never killed anybody to do that

That they were wearing cross probably makes them muslims. Right?
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by krones: 1:45pm On May 11, 2013
AbdH:
No I don't support them.
I see them as people who have gone astray.
Just like you

*no offense intended*
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 11, 2013
tintingz: we muslims have explained the difference between Islam and muslim several times but still non-muslims insist on lies against Islam... Well i dont start any islam vs christianity on any thread i only point out the fact from their belief since we Muslim believed in Jesus a prophet of God and other prophets in the bible

Btw christians are use in insulting prophet Mohammed(sa) while you will never find a muslim insulting Jesus(as) the christian god.

So you mean, you can't present and explain your religion(Islam) without mentioning Christianity?

How so? How do you know the guys insulting your religion is Christian? Do you know the amount of abuses Christian receive? What if they say all the offenders are Muslim?
As for Muslim who doesn't insult Jesus my guys Jesus is not the only one in Christianity , you may respect Jesus, but I have seen several times your lots rubbish the bible, insulting Mary etc, so don't try to play the innocent victim.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Mintayo(m): 2:15pm On May 11, 2013
tintingz: you should ask the christians same question...

christain don't need muslim for anything-u ar d one that used the Bible to validate ur quran and proof that ur islam;u even try to put mohammed and allah in the bible-(when last do u see a christain put allah in d bible?)
and u say the bible is corrupt-abeg which bible u dey use to confirm mohamed? The corrupt one??
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Mintayo(m): 2:21pm On May 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

So you mean, you can't present and explain your religion(Islam) without mentioning Christianity?

How so? How do you know the guys insulting your religion is Christian? Do you know the amount of abuses Christian receive? What if they say all the offenders are Muslim?
As for Muslim who doesn't insult Jesus my guys Jesus is not the only one in Christianity , you may respect Jesus, but I have seen several times your lots rubbish the bible, insulting Mary etc, so don't try to play the innocent victim.

please me tell him/them...chrsitains don't have issues with...we don't need quran for anything...they shld leave our 'corrupt' Bible for us...i cnt jus help it but wonder-they cnt just do without the Bible...
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Mintayo(m): 2:30pm On May 11, 2013
tintingz: hahahaha! grin and christians will tell us the crusaders didnt fought for christiandom, that christians dont kill for their god, remember the crusader also killed many jews the chosen people in your bible grin

Evangelist Adolf hitler also plan to destroy the entire jews on earth grin

those were selfish wars by the europians country and the deception of the catholic-but wait do we still have the crusaders? Have u seen any christain group bombing and shouting "jesus Jesus is Lord?

Do u really want to knw y hitler was able to kill the jews biblically? Do u know that the jews have masscred long before Hitlar,do u want to know why?

Do u know the law Jesus came to fulfil? Are u ready to know?
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by AbdH: 2:31pm On May 11, 2013
krones:
Just like as you have gone astray.

*no offense intended*
If worshipping just one (and only) God - the creator of everything seen and unseen including your god is going astray, then I don't ever want to find my way out until I get to paradise while you tread that right path straight to hell unless you swallow your pride and start worshipping the God that was never born nor created.
PS: *No offense taken and none intended*

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Mintayo(m): 2:36pm On May 11, 2013
tintingz: They are christians the crusaders wore cross, held cross to show that they are real christians fighting for christiandom!

you can hold as many crosses as you want-that doesn't make you a christain;you can even hold/read the bible-that doesn't mean u are a christain-being a christain is very deeper than that!
Christainity is AN EXPERIENCE; AN ENCOUNTER, A CONVICTION- A RELATIONSHIP! IT IS LIVING THE LIFE OF Jesus christ!

I am sure that islam is also living the life of mohammed
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Mintayo(m): 2:41pm On May 11, 2013
tintingz: you should cover yourself in shame, i didnt even bother reading those trash in that site... What does Jesus said about the law before him, from his word:

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.' (Matthew 23:1-3)"

From these verses did he(Jesus) ignored the LAW before him? Did he brought a new law?

why not read what is on the link-if you really want to know the truth!
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Mintayo(m): 2:47pm On May 11, 2013
Infoman51: You must be a learner there it goes : TERRORISM IN THEBIBLE
Deuteronomy
Chapter 2 :
33 And the LORD our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. 34 And we took all his cities atthat time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain. ( So Moses and his army killed womenand children. Moses broke the 6th commmandment, thou shall not kill ANYONE)
Deuteronomy
Chapter 7:
2 And when the LORD thy God shalldeliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroythem; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor show mercy unto them
5 But thus shall ye deal with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and break down their images,and cut down their groves, and burn their graven images with fire. 6
Deuteronomy
Chapter 13
9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God
Numbers
Chapter 31
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man bylying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves ( almost all the Nigerian lady will be kill)
1Samuel 6:19-20
And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter. And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able tostand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up fromus?
1 Kings 20:35-36
Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man,"Strike me!" But the man refused tostrike the prophet. Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soonas you leave me." And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked andkilled him.
What?!
Ezekiel 9:5-7
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile theTemple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."
Another massacare.
eremiah 51:20-26
"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers andoxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. Even your stones will never again be used for building. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.
Another massacre, same old story.
Exodus 21:20-21
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished,since the slave is his own property
So you can beat the hell out of your slave as long as the slave does not die, this is straight from the Bible

don't u guys have any other passage-i have seen these same passages been posted by many muslims to show terrorism in the Bible-i guess it was giving to u by some body...maybe you shld check the meaning of terrorism in the dictionary!
An try and read the link below pls

http://carm.org/why-do-christians-not-obey-old-testaments-commands-to-kill-homosexuals

shalom
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 3:09pm On May 11, 2013
musKeeto:
And where's this fact? You've never heard stories of Christians that were saved by Muslims?

The key word is "HACKED"... No one speaks hence they become Infidel lovers...
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 3:13pm On May 11, 2013
tintingz: Lolz! So you trying to tell us that christians dont kill? Read about the crusaders that fought wars killing muslims and jews and come with feedback!

More also your christain cleric rev. King is a good example of a crusader grin

We are talking about present day events you are talking about historic events...my guy face reality. When was the last time you heard of a Christian killing in the name of his prophet..! When!?

Like I said Abrahamic's faithfuls are confused... Neither am I a Christian ...

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 3:33pm On May 11, 2013
idris4r83:
Islam is a religion of peace and It condemns all
forms of terrorism as Almighty Allah says in surah 5vs32 "if anyone kills a human being unless for murder or spreading corruption in the land it will be as if he has killed the whole of mankind". A muslim is someone who practices the teaching of the koran. Killing innocent human beings is never part of islamic teaching. I don't know any other religion that explicitly condemn terrorism as islam. Oscar pistorius is a christian, does that mean christianity condones his killing of his innocent girlfriend? Am waiting 4 answers.

Jah hahahaha .. Guy you don fail exam.. Did he kill her in the name of his prophet or religion... Bruahhahahahahahah a
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 4:41pm On May 11, 2013
tintingz: hahahaha! grin and christians will tell us the crusaders didnt fought for christiandom, that christians dont kill for their god, remember the crusader also killed many jews the chosen people in your bible grin

Evangelist Adolf hitler also plan to destroy the entire jews on earth grin

"Evangelist Adolf hitler" ... LMBO ..... Yeeparipa!! Too funny...,hahahahahhaha
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by maclatunji: 4:44pm On May 11, 2013
GooseBaba:

Jah hahahaha .. Guy you don fail exam.. Did he kill her in the name of his prophet or religion... Bruahhahahahahahah a

Well there is Joseph Kony of Lord's Resistance Army.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kony

End of discussion. Why are Christians not crying out against him and his atrocities? If they don't, they must support him? The people of Northern Uganda, Eastern DR Congo and Central African Republic (CAR) must all be supporting him and are all rebels and terrorists?

Examples of Nigerian Christians arguments about terrorists and Muslims in reverse have been given above.

I must say, not very intelligent mindset beyond thoughts like that.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tintingz(m): 4:56pm On May 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

read these thread from page one and tell me if any muslim involved chrisitianity... You will see that the christians or non-muslims whatever their belief is. They started derailing the thread with insults, Hope you can see some post hidden and some not hidden

How so? How do you know the guys insulting your religion is Christian?
christianity is the religion facing Islam in Nigeria

Do you know the amount of abuses Christian receive?
No i dont, have never seen muslims insulting Jesus the christain god
What if they say all the offenders are Muslim?
in Nigeria you should know Islam and christianity is the religion with lots of believers, like have said the bible contains the prophets we muslims also belived in, and where do you see muslims insulting Mary(as) when Allah placed her above all women, she is pure and a chapter was dedicated to her in the holy Quran ''sura Maryam''
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 5:04pm On May 11, 2013
Coco diva:

I have not said its enough reason.If you are half as educated as you seem to believe you are,you'l understand the point I made simply put, is "let sleeping dogs lie". Ever wondered why you'l insult someone's father and he'l simply say same to you and another will break a bottle on your head in response? Figure it out!

Hahahaha... See your yeye cop out..... For your information.. My friends and I were making fun of religious dogma/ religious con men. When we told jokes about the pope, the catholic among us walked away. Your fellow Muslim in question was not part of the circle he was no where to be found. Little did we know he was busy eves dropping on our delicious conversation. When we told the Mohammed joke, guess who came flying out with his dagger.. You guessed it ... Your fellow Muslim. Coco diva the blood spiller...your thirst for blood overshadows logical reason...all hail Mohammed (pbuh)
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tintingz(m): 5:19pm On May 11, 2013
Mintayo:

those were selfish wars by the europians country and the deception of the catholic-but wait do we still have the crusaders? Have u seen any christain group bombing and shouting "jesus Jesus is Lord?
George w. Bush decleared he is fighting crusade against Islam, and some christian sect that killed many muslims, chanting ''Jesus killed Mohammed''

I dont know much about all these, i need my muslim brotha BetaThings to show up smiley

Do u really want to knw y hitler was able to kill the jews biblically? Do u know that the jews have masscred long before Hitlar,do u want to know why?

Do u know the law Jesus came to fulfil? Are u ready to know?
i am ready to know... Enlight me more smiley
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tintingz(m): 5:30pm On May 11, 2013
Mintayo:

you can hold as many crosses as you want-that doesn't make you a christain;you can even hold/read the bible-that doesn't mean u are a christain-being a christain is very deeper than that!
Christainity is AN EXPERIENCE; AN ENCOUNTER, A CONVICTION- A RELATIONSHIP! IT IS LIVING THE LIFE OF Jesus christ!

I am sure that islam is also living the life of mohammed
so what will you say about Boko Haram, Al-qaeda etc are they truly muslims that follows the teachings of Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet(sa)

Study Islam and not the muslims! If truly you accept that those crusaders that wore cross during their war are not christians?
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 11, 2013
Funny thread.....
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 11, 2013
We are all atheists. You dont believe in the god of the Muslims, they dont believe in the god of the Christians. We have no reason to believe in any of them.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by lanrexlan(m): 6:01pm On May 11, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Brother,no muslim will ever insult mary(pbuh).The best women in the entire world are four and she's the number one,we respect her ALLAH chose her as the greatest woman that ever lived.Are you new on nairaland,maybe you haven't see different thread insulting islam.We don't need bible to validate the Quran,after telling christians about islam and quran,they will intend they don't believe in the Quran,at least they believed in their bible to be 100% GOD's word,Then we prove to them from the book they believed in.Allah has perfected Islam for us,we need nothing again...Peace

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by lanrexlan(m): 6:03pm On May 11, 2013
Mintayo:

christain don't need muslim for anything-u ar d one that used the Bible to validate ur quran and proof that ur islam;u even try to put mohammed and allah in the bible-(when last do u see a christain put allah in d bible?)
and u say the bible is corrupt-abeg which bible u dey use to confirm mohamed? The corrupt one??
Mister,we don't need bible to validate islam or quran.If christians claim they don't believe in the quran,then at least you believe in the bible.Then we prove the truth to you from the scripture you follow,and it's none of your business if I had posted something before....Peace
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 6:25pm On May 11, 2013
maclatunji:

Well there is Joseph Kony of Lord's Resistance Army.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kony

End of discussion. Why are Christians not crying out against him and his atrocities? If they don't, they must support him? The people of Northern Uganda, Eastern DR Congo and Central African Republic (CAR) must all be supporting him and are all rebels and terrorists?

Examples of Nigerian Christians arguments about terrorists and Muslims in reverse have been given above.

I must say, not very intelligent mindset beyond thoughts like that.

Bros..! When Joseph kony and boko haram dey operate at least we know this bastards are out for blood. But when common drawing from another continent about a Muslim prophet can trigger the death of Christians and other bystander. You have to agree with me there is a problem. When coco diva agrees that it is good enough reason to kill someone because they disrespect her prophet. That is a problem...when fatua is issued because on writes something that is offensive to Islam.. Bros! There is a problem...am I right? Or am I right..? Bros... Talk truth..
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 6:34pm On May 11, 2013
musKeeto: We are all atheists. You dont believe in the god of the Muslims, they dont believe in the god of the Christians. We have no reason to believe in any of them.

Lmao..!! I think am and I agree somehow..there are over two thousand gods all over the world.. Some people worship one some worship maybe a handful...even with that the arithmetic no add up... Gods still plenty yafun yafun...no one knows if they are worshiping the right one everybody just believe sha...god dey ... Lol
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Mintayo(m): 6:54pm On May 11, 2013
tintingz: so what will you say about Boko Haram, Al-qaeda etc are they truly muslims that follows the teachings of Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet(sa)

Study Islam and not the muslims! If truly you accept that those crusaders that wore cross during their war are not christians?

when boko haram, alqueda,jamb kill,what do they say? (i am sure you know)-there is no other god except allah n mohammed his prophet;alahu akbar!
What about countries like iran that sponsor terrorists?
How will i study islam without studying mohammed?(and i am sure u know what he did)!
The song they sing(bokoharam n co) is that they want to islamize their nation(s)?
What i am telling u is that islam is d exposition of its prophet.the real islam is the life of mohammed-except u want to say he is not a prophet or founder of islam

Same thing goes for Jesus-His life also is what the christains follow!
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Mintayo(m): 7:03pm On May 11, 2013
lanrexlan: Mister,we don't need bible to validate islam or quran.

okay sir, i will wait till the time you will start looking for allah and mohammed in the Bible.

If christians claim they don't believe in the quran,then at least you believe in the bible.Then we prove the truth to you from the scripture you follow

ok sir...the truth christains already know...please leave christains alone with their bible and face ur quran...bcus there are still many muslim(bokoharam and co) that u need to show the truth from the quran!

,and it's none of your business if I had posted something before...

noted sir,but don't forget that " those in glass house shld not throw stones too".

Peace.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by lanrexlan(m): 7:10pm On May 11, 2013
Mintayo:

when boko haram, alqueda,jamb kill,what do they say? (i am sure you know)-there is no other god except allah n mohammed his prophet;alahu akbar!
What about countries like iran that sponsor terrorists?
How will i study islam without studying mohammed?(and i am sure u know what he did)!
The song they sing(bokoharam n co) is that they want to islamize their nation(s)?
What i am telling u is that islam is d exposition of its prophet.the real islam is the life of mohammed-except u want to say he is not a prophet or founder of islam

Same thing goes for Jesus-His life also is what the christains follow!
Mr bolean,prophet muhammed(pbuh) isn't the founder of Islam.No prophet ever founded any religion,they all came to preach one thing-THERE's NO DEITY WORTHY OF WORSHIP EXCEPT THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE(ALLAH).They want to islamize the nation and killing of those people will turn them to muslims? Can a dead man worship? Can't you think at all? What did prophet muhammed(pbuh) did? He fought the enemies of Islam,ALLAH and those that fought him on the account of his religion,the oppressors and transgressors.Mister,USA is the greatest terrorist in the world,do you that?!!! George washington was the number terrorist of america.

Mr bolean,I can see you are really following jesus(pbuh),he believed and worshiped only God,he bowed in his worship.He never believe in trinity,he never clap nor beat drums.Which of his teachings do you follow?....Peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Share Your Eid Pictures / Can Someone From The North Explain The Conflicts With Shiites? / Good Manners In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.