Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" (17350 Views)

8 DISTINCT Differences Between ISLAM And BOKOHARAM / Who Can Diffrentiate Between ISLAM OR MUSLIM?? / A Comparison Between Islam, Christianity And Judaism And The Choice Between ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Engralfa(m): 7:59am On May 09, 2013
Greetings to whoever is reading this at this moment. I joined nairaland for sometimes now and I have been enjoying the forum greatly, but my only disappointment is whenever I go through peoples comment, especially on sensitive issues like religion and politics. The consolation I give to myself is that "well, this is a social media,anybody can express an opinion". But my major problem is the perception of the religion Islam.
At this point before I continue, let me quote something Ahmed Deedat once said "Thank God I knew Islam before knowing muslims". Please my point is, there is a great difference between a muslim and Islam, so please what you should seek to know is Islam and not a muslim and you can do this by knowing the scriptures and seeking explanations where you get confused but never and never look at a person's action and conclude about the religion (this applies to every religion) and furthermore do not interpret the message of a scripture just literally, try to find out more and deeper explanation about why and when it was revealed (some scriptures are strictly for just some circumstances which may have nothing to do with you).
Reason I am writing this is because I can not and will not guarantee you that in this present age there is a human who is a complete reflection of his or her religion (even if there is, you may never come across such around you). So please people you should know that "ISLAM AND A MUSLIM IS NOT THE SAME" P/S: It was confirmed during the time of prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) that a time will come when if you count a THOUSAND among his Ummah (followers) only ONE will make it to Heaven.

27 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by maclatunji: 8:33am On May 10, 2013
Nice.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Walexz02(m): 12:21pm On May 10, 2013
Nice thread @op,
I always emphasize this to people here on nairaland,it is not a good thing to judge all muslims by the actions/inactions of 1 or few muslim(s). Read the scripture and ask for explanations for verses you dont understand.
Jumaat kareem!

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 10, 2013
What are this people talking about? So the Muslim that rules this section, does He ban people because of Islam or because HE's Muslim?
undecided

Engr+alfa:

Reason I am writing this is because I can not and will not guarantee you that in this present age there is a human who is a complete reflection of his or her religion (even if there is, you may never come across such around you). So please people you should know that "ISLAM AND A MUSLIM IS NOT THE SAME"

Good point.
The only TRUE christian was CHRIST. The only true Muslim was Mohammed. End of story.

4 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Exponental(m): 5:03pm On May 10, 2013
I was expecting a distinct explanation to d above topic. Pls do come down to a layman understanding d difference(s) u are refering to.
*no offence intended*

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by DICKtator: 5:04pm On May 10, 2013
spywareczar: Clears throat
express yourself,don't be shy!!.the worst you can get is a ban!!!
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by trux(m): 5:04pm On May 10, 2013
nice one every father has the right to be a good father if a paticular father did not be good to his chieldren you cannot blame the etire fatherhood.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Lilimax(f): 5:04pm On May 10, 2013
The last time I checked, a person that practise Islam as a religion is a Moslem.
Also a person that practise Christianity as religion is a Christian.
Why the noise?

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tspun(m): 5:07pm On May 10, 2013
we known there is difference btw both. D problem i am having is tring to understand y any religion (islam) will promise is people (muslim) a reward for killing innocent people.pls Explain if u can.

11 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 10, 2013
musKeeto:

Good point.
The only TRUE christian was CHRIST. The only true Muslim was Mohammed. End of story.

Epiphany.

Dude give me what you smoke. Your insight is unparalleled

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 10, 2013
tspun: we known there is difference btw both. D problem i am having is tring to understand y any religion (islam) will promise is people (muslim) a reward for killing innocent people.pls Explain if u can.
Um, Yahweh also does the same in the Bible. Infact, Yahweh wasn't happy when one of his kings spared someone's life..

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by adexsimply(m): 5:08pm On May 10, 2013
but u av not explained the difference nw
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by maclatunji: 5:15pm On May 10, 2013
Post to topic. Might I add with decorum.

Thank you.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by 50calibre(m): 5:16pm On May 10, 2013
I would have loved to express my genuine opinion regarding Islam but since NL has decieded to gag people from speaking, il just keep it to myself. The censorship here is now too much, even china dont have this much censorship.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by nijanigga: 5:16pm On May 10, 2013
What we call jihadists? infact we do know that alzawahiri said they are muslims and use the koran as thier holly book.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nonybb: 5:18pm On May 10, 2013
Engr+alfa:
Greetings to whoever is reading this at this moment. I joined nairaland for sometimes now and I have been enjoying the forum greatly, but my only disappointment is whenever I go through peoples comment, especially on sensitive issues like religion and politics. The consolation I give to myself is that "well, this is a social media,anybody can express an opinion". But my major problem is the perception of the religion Islam.
At this point before I continue, let me quote something Ahmed Deedat once said "Thank God I knew Islam before knowing muslims". Please my point is, there is a great difference between a muslim and Islam, so please what you should seek to know is Islam and not a muslim and you can do this by knowing the scriptures and seeking explanations where you get confused but never and never look at a person's action and conclude about the religion (this applies to every religion) and furthermore do not interpret the message of a scripture just literally, try to find out more and deeper explanation about why and when it was revealed (some scriptures are strictly for just some circumstances which may have nothing to do with you).
Reason I am writing this is because I can not and will not guarantee you that in this present age there is a human who is a complete reflection of his or her religion (even if there is, you may never come across such around you). So please people you should know that "ISLAM AND A MUSLIM IS NOT THE SAME"
so wat are the bases of this write-up? because at the end of it u didnt manage to give the difference btw the 2 concept: muslim & islam. I cant believe i just wasted 25kb on reading nothing!!!.

8 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by spywareczar(m): 5:18pm On May 10, 2013
why was my post hidden??
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by faitheverest(f): 5:19pm On May 10, 2013
Pls mk it clearer the difference!
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by pure123: 5:21pm On May 10, 2013
to avoid being banned.....i lipsrsealed
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by ddippset(m): 5:21pm On May 10, 2013
what difference are you looking for again na? they are both nouns. islam is the abstract noun, muslim is the proper noun. islam is the religion, muslim is the person.

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Dawdy(m): 5:22pm On May 10, 2013
Islam Is a comlete way of life. Musllims may not be perfect to follow it acordingly

5 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by pure123: 5:22pm On May 10, 2013
spywareczar: why was my post hidden??

ask www.google/whywasmyposthidden.com

regards

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by TeenageMoney(m): 5:23pm On May 10, 2013
Space booked
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by siddiq202(m): 5:23pm On May 10, 2013
tspun: we known there is difference btw both. D problem i am having is tring to understand y any religion (islam) will promise is people (muslim) a reward for killing innocent people. pls Explain if u can.

Where did you get that from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Qualities Of A Good Muslim Husband / Eid-adha 2022: Post The Prices Of Animals At Your Location Here / Why An Apostasy A Grievous Sin In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.