Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" (17417 Views)

8 DISTINCT Differences Between ISLAM And BOKOHARAM / Who Can Diffrentiate Between ISLAM OR MUSLIM?? / A Comparison Between Islam, Christianity And Judaism And The Choice Between ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Cocodiva: 10:08pm On May 10, 2013
babaolofin: Muslim Brother (Engr. Alfa),

I like your observation about some comments made by people on this forum. However, I disagreed with your position on the difference between Islam and Muslim when you quoted Ahmed Deedat that I have known to have grossly misquoted bible so severely to the extent of making himself the worst jihadist this generation has ever witnessed. There is no iota of truth on his preaching which is mainly based on discrediting the bible and the christian. I have never seen anybody in the christian fold that has made discrediting Al-Quran and Muhammed (S.A.W)his focal point. Millions of Nairalanders may not know anything about him, he is a man that has made discrediting Jesus and New testament his focal point. He claimed to know bible inside out and misquote bible and make mockery of Jesus to the admiration of his co-travelers who are very ignorant of the bible, Jesus and the holy spirit.

You really don't need to lie to prove your point. Ahmed Deedat would never make a mockery of Jesus. And contrary to your point of saying he talks to ignorant ones,he has had several religious dialogues with chrissians and pastors out of which some have accepted Islam.What he does is to bring out contradictions in the bible and not to make any mockery.stop mis-informing the public!

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by maclatunji: 10:11pm On May 10, 2013
Abrakhan.:

Check your Grammar what is Proper noun? you said muslim is PROPER noun. Chineke!

Inept people come here to post. They will meet me here.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by RealSleek(m): 10:16pm On May 10, 2013
musKeeto:
Um, Yahweh also does the same in the Bible. Infact, Yahweh wasn't happy when one of his kings spared someone's life..

Ignorance
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Kairoseki77: 10:18pm On May 10, 2013
If only 1% are violent, what percentage support the violent extremists?

That's the important question.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Cocodiva: 10:19pm On May 10, 2013
GooseBaba: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Back in 95 one of your brethren (northern muslim) tried to bury his dagger in my chest..because I made a joke about his prophet. Is that not enough reason to be on guard around Muslims? Including southern Muslims ...

Read over what you typed again. You made a "joke" about his prophet! A muslim does not joke about any aspect of his religion.This is different from you sitting quietly in your house and him bringing his dagger to kill you for no reason.The same thing is happening here on NL.people should learn to respect other people's faith!
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by AbdH: 10:49pm On May 10, 2013
krones: Invalid!

Because you are a killer doesn't imply that you can kill everybody. Use ur sense puleese!
*no offense intended*
I would have asked you to use your sense more but obviously, you lack it. *no offense intended*
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Kairoseki77: 10:55pm On May 10, 2013
AbdH:
I would have asked you to use your sense more but obviously, you lack it. *no offense intended*

Do you support Boko Haram?

Do you view them as fellow Muslims?
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by ambivalentstate: 11:03pm On May 10, 2013
Hell ruffai made a joke about Jesus whom you claim is one of your prophets nothing happened but somebody in Jos said one of your prophet was seen in the market but never lived to see the next minute alongside others who where Christain and where at the seen.SMH

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by AbdH: 11:07pm On May 10, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Do you support Boko Haram?

Do you view them as fellow Muslims?
No I don't support them.
I see them as people who have gone astray.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by ambivalentstate: 11:08pm On May 10, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Hell ruffai made a joke about Jesus whom you claim is one of your prophets nothing happened but somebody in Jos said one of your prophet was seen in the market but never lived to see the next minute alongside others who where Christian and where at the scene.SMH

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by hayubee(m): 11:33pm On May 10, 2013
Terrorism is not a monopoly of any religion! Islam nd terrorism is not synonymous its human nd terrorism dat is ok! Ders hardly any religion without terrorist talk abt dem hindu teRrorist muslim terrorist christian terrorist etc its not d religion its individual mentality, besides d pot should not call d kettle black cos der both black besides its not dir fault dat der black it is was d descendants of adam had done with dem dat makes dem look black
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Kairoseki77: 11:35pm On May 10, 2013
AbdH:
No I don't support them.
I see them as people who have gone astray.

If only 1% of Muslims are violent, what percentage support the violent ones?

It doesn't seem like the North is upset about Boko Haram. In fact, they seem to love it.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by maclatunji: 11:51pm On May 10, 2013
Kairoseki77:

If only 1% of Muslims are violent, what percentage support the violent ones?

It doesn't seem like the North is upset about Boko Haram. In fact, they seem to love it.

Prove it.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 12:54am On May 11, 2013
Coco diva:

Read over what you typed again. You made a "joke" about his prophet! A muslim does not joke about any aspect of his religion.This is different from you sitting quietly in your house and him bringing his dagger to kill you for no reason.The same thing is happening here on NL.people should learn to respect other people's faith!

So the reason in question is good enough for killing someone abi? And you are educated and you reason like the mayguard that made that attempt. I Rest my case..!!!

Mod: what is with all this hidden post..?
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tshoboy(m): 1:14am On May 11, 2013
Lilimax: The last time I checked, a person that practise Islam as a religion is a Moslem.
Also a person that practise Christianity as religion is a Christian.
Why the noise?
Wat he's saying is dt d religion has no fault. It's muslims Wu dnt really Understnd Islam dt do Wrng tins or dose Wu do and still do d Wrng tins.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 1:24am On May 11, 2013
tshoboy:
Wat he's saying is dt d religion has no fault. It's muslims Wu dnt really Understnd Islam dt do Wrng tins or dose Wu do and still do d Wrng tins.

Coco diva understands Islam.. And she is ready to take a life for her prophet...under any flimsy excuse ....go figure..
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Kairoseki77: 1:35am On May 11, 2013
maclatunji:

Prove it.

Every Northerner I have talked to about Boko Haram is in support of them.

I haven't heard many Muslims in the North condemning Boko Haram either.

Where do these Boko boys feel at home? Among Northern Muslims.
Where do the Boko boys "disappear" with hilux vans, and all that big equipment? They "disappear" into Northern Muslim communities.
Who are the Boko boys? Northern Muslims.
Who is sponsoring Boko Haram? Fellow Muslims.
Who keeps quiet and refuses to talk when JTF tries to find Boko Haram? Northern Muslims.

Be honest Mac, Northern Muslims LOVE Boko Haram. They are the people's heroes.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Ikenganri(m): 2:40am On May 11, 2013
Abrakhan.:

Prophet Adam is muslim because he worshipped only one and TRUE God according to Quran chapter 2.
so christians,hindus,pagans etc are worshiping two and false god?
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Kairoseki77: 3:10am On May 11, 2013
Ikenga nri: so christians,hindus,pagans etc are worshiping two and false god?

According to them, non-Muslims are infidels and idolaters. According to the Quran, infidels and idolaters have three choices, we can either submit to Muslim rule, we can convert to Islam and pay tax, or we must die.

Quote from the Quran: Quran (9:5) - "Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the tax, leave their way free to them"

I'm not sure what's "spiritual" about any of that. Either way, just be armed when dealing with them, and don't hesitate to protect yourself.

Quote from the Quran about non-believers:

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."

Those two sentences are why terrorists decapitate their captives. Some may say they are misinterpreting the Quran, and that they are not really Muslims, but you decide for yourself.

Lastly, Muslims are commanded to never be friends with us "infidels".

Quote from the Quran: Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Note to moderators: read my comment several times before you decide to delete it. NOTHING I said should be offensive. Especially not the quotes from the Quran, because what sense would it make for a Muslim to be offended by the Quran. Just use common sense.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 3:32am On May 11, 2013
Kairoseki77:

According to them, non-Muslims are infidels and idolaters. According to the Quran, infidels and idolaters have three choices, we can either submit to Muslim rule, convert to Islam and pay tax, or we must die.

Quote from the Quran: Quran (9:5) - "Slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the tax, leave their way free to them"

I'm not sure what's "spiritual" about any of that, but what are you gonna do. Just be armed when dealing with them, and don't hesitate to protect yourself.

Quote from the Quran about non-believers:

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."

No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Note to moderators: read my comment several times before you decide to delete it. NOTHING I said should be offensive. Especially not the quotes from the Quran, because what sense would it make for a Muslim to be offended by the Quran. Just use common sense.

2 John 1:9-11
Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

"Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree: And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place." (Deuteronomy 12:2-3)

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;" (Deuteronomy 13: 6)

"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people." (Deuteronomy 13:8-9)

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Kairoseki77: 3:48am On May 11, 2013
musKeeto:

2 John 1:9-11
Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.

"Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree: And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place." (Deuteronomy 12:2-3)

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;" (Deuteronomy 13: 6)

"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people." (Deuteronomy 13:8-9)

I am not a Christian, so quoting the Old Testament means nothing to me.

Anyway, you are willfully lying because EVERYONE knows that Christians believe that Christ died for their sins, and wiped away the old rules of the Old Testament. The New Testament doesn't mention killing anyone. In fact, it famously says that if someone strikes your cheek, that you should turn and offer them the other cheek to strike as well. This is common knowledge.

I have dealt with enough Muslims in my lifetime to know what kind of people they are. I have seen (with my own eyes) Muslims go door to door killing their "infidel" neighbors because some Christian in a far away land insulted the Prophet Muhammed.

I watched neighbors kill neighbors who thought their Muslims neighbors were their friends. Three men knew that a female co-worker had married a Christian, so they walked over to the house, knocked on the door, hacked the husband to death, and then argued for awhile.

They were arguing about the couple's 2 year old baby. The men decided that the baby had been baptized already, so they set the house on fire. The baby was still inside.

The entire time the mother was SCREAMING in a voice I will never forget. She was in shock and couldn't even process what was going on. She tried to run into the fire to get her baby, but the men wouldn't let her.

I remember the woman saying, "but he was your friend" over and over again.

I guess this will be "hidden" because the mods are worried about Muslims going on a rampage. Why THIS story would offend MUSLIMS, I have no idea. To be honest, my story is no different than what we read in the newspaper everyday.

I have seen many things like this in my life time. That's why I always carry weapons when interacting with Muslims.

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by vb0mb(m): 4:35am On May 11, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Anyway, you are willfully lying because EVERYONE knows that Christians believe that Christ died for their sins, and wiped away the old rules of the Old Testament. The New Testament doesn't mention killing anyone. In fact, it famously says that if someone strikes your cheek, that you should turn and offer them the other cheek to strike as well. This is common knowledge.

I have dealt with enough Muslims in my lifetime to know what kind of people they are. I have seen (with my own eyes) Muslims go door to door killing their "infidel" neighbors because some Christian in a far away land insulted the Prophet Muhammed.

I watched neighbors kill neighbors who thought their Muslims neighbors were their friends. Three men knew that a female co-worker had married a Christian, so they walked over to the house, knocked on the door, hacked the husband to death, and then argued for awhile.

They were arguing about the couple's 2 year old baby. The men decided that the baby had been baptized already, so they set the house on fire. The baby was still inside.

The entire time the mother was SCREAMING in a voice I will never forget. She was in shock and couldn't even process what was going on. She tried to run into the fire to get her baby, but the men wouldn't let her.

I guess this will be "hidden" because the mods are worried about Muslims going on a rampage. Why THIS story would offend MUSLIMS, I have no idea. To be honest, my story is no different than what we read in the newspaper everyday.

I have seen many things like this in my life time. That's why I always carry weapons when interacting with Muslims.

you are hereby ban till 2025.
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 4:48am On May 11, 2013
Kairoseki77:

And stories about Muslims that have helped Christians escape from religious violence should be discarded because of your own experience?

I'm neither Christian nor Muslim...
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by GooseBaba: 4:49am On May 11, 2013
Kairoseki77:

You said it all..! Even if the bible says thou shall kill thy neighbor, I don't see Christians doing it. I always stay alert around Muslims.. One cannot tell what news they heard before one crosses their path. .. The fact remains, when a so called infidel is been hacked to death no Muslim will speak on his/her behalf.. Educated and non-educated there is no difference... Who and what you worship is non of my business, but you cross the line when you act on your beliefs on others..besides both Abrahamic's faithfuls are confused but one is bloody confused..
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by Nobody: 4:57am On May 11, 2013
GooseBaba:
The fact remains, when a so called infidel is been hacked to death no Muslim will speak on his/her behalf.. Educated and non-educated there is no difference......
And where's this fact? You've never heard stories of Christians that were saved by Muslims?
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by bishop4life(m): 5:31am On May 11, 2013
Jan koller.:
Explain what you mean before i ban you for life.

u guyz with bans and bannings sef...ban na death? Cant u make a polite request.

Well if u must know, Jesus is the christ.And His followers are the chritians. They are firsth called christians in Antioch
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tintingz(m): 6:14am On May 11, 2013
Kairoseki77:

i will ask again... If all muslim are sucide bomber how come you are still able to type rubbish?

Like muskeeto said what will you say to muslims that save christians from death?

Old testament is not old rules cuz Jesus didnt ignore the law before him nor brought a new law, or are you telling me god of OT bible repented?
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tintingz(m): 6:21am On May 11, 2013
GooseBaba:

You said it all..! Even if the bible says thou shall kill thy neighbor, I don't see Christians doing it. I always stay alert around Muslims.. One cannot tell what news they heard before one crosses their path. .. The fact remains, when a so called infidel is been hacked to death no Muslim will speak on his/her behalf.. Educated and non-educated there is no difference... Who and what you worship is non of my business, but you cross the line when you act on your beliefs on others..besides both Abrahamic's faithfuls are confused but one is bloody confused..
Lolz! So you trying to tell us that christians dont kill? Read about the crusaders that fought wars killing muslims and jews and come with feedback!

More also your christain cleric rev. King is a good example of a crusader grin
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by lanrexlan(m): 6:25am On May 11, 2013
Ikenga nri: prove to me that adam is a muslim. Only prophets in the koran are muslims and not the ones in the bible or else where.
Brother,can you see you know nothing about Islam? Who told you adam(pbuh) wasn't mentioned in the quran.ALLAH said in the glorious quran in surah Al-imran 3;33-''ALLAH chose adam,noah,the family of abraham and the family of Imaran above the alamin(mankind and jinns)(of theri times).
The above testifies adam(pbuh) was a muslim and a prophet.The first quality of a muslim is TAUHID(believe in the oneness of ALLAH),and all the prophets from adam to noah to abraham to moses to Jesus to Muhammed(peace be upon them all),they all submitted their to almighty God,they never believe or bow to idols,they bow their wills to ALLAH(in islam).Islam is peace acquired by submitting your will to your creator....Peace
Re: The Difference Between "Islam" And A "Muslim" by tintingz(m): 6:39am On May 11, 2013
Ikenga nri: so christians,hindus,pagans etc are worshiping two and false god?
what else are they worshiping, christian a.k.a christ-like worship a human called christ Jesus after his departure from earth...and they even call a three gods(trinity) one god?

Hindu is all person of hinduism religion and culture in indian, the same way the jews a place judah their religion judaism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Eid-adha 2022: Post The Prices Of Animals At Your Location Here / The Correct Hijab – Hands And Face Covered Or Not? / Why Do Muslims Face Mecca When Praying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.