Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,076 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Stock Brokers In Nigeria? - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Brokers In Nigeria? (40633 Views)

List Of Suspended Nigerian Stock Brokers / Stock Brokers In Nigeria: Rate Your Stockbroker / Approved List Of Nigerian Stock Brokers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by snair: 1:38am On Apr 10, 2007
Greetings everyone!

I just learned about this site and forum today and found out that it is very informative and useful.

I live in the United States and had been looking for investing in stocks in Nigeria. I had been studying the Nigerian market for more than a month and realized its potential to bring the good fortune. I learned from Nigerian Stock Exchange web site that I need to have a stock broker in Nigeria in order to invest and purchase public shares. Could anyone suggest:

* Some good stock brokers (with email and contact number) that I can rely on
* Some good websites in Nigeria that offers management of all stocks and related documents being owned

I would be very grateful for all your suggestions.

Thanks,

SNair
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by hola2ng(m): 8:24am On Apr 10, 2007
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by snair: 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2007
Hello hola2ng,

Thank you very much for providing the requested information so quick! Out of the four sites given, BGL Securities and Crossworld Securities seem to have most of the required information available online. I am certain to end my stock broker hunt by finalizing any one of these stock brokers.

I really thank you very much for providing this valuable information and look forward to meeting you again here.

My sincere thanks to Nairaland for offering useful forums like this.

Take care,

SNair
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by naijafresh: 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2007
Can anyone who has recent experience of online stocktrading in Nigeria tell me which brokers they use and how they rate in terms of efficiency, speed of transactions, accessibility to real time trading etc

I signed up with cashcraft as they claim to offer this service, however their online trading facility is non functional and i have resorted to emailing them my buy/sell instructions
Italso takes up to 2 days or longer for them to action my emails or attend to my queries, this is not satisfactory for my purposes

Which other brokers offer a competent, up and running online stock trading platform at the moment please?

Thanks
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by brownbaby(f): 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2007
Hi everyone, thanks for the knowledge that has been imparted thru this forum.

I bought several shares too, but I dont have a stockbroker yet, just trying to get one now.

But can anyone enlighten me on CSCS (central securities clearing system)?, and what is the difference between

them and stockbrokers?

Thanks.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by hola2ng(m): 10:06am On Apr 16, 2007
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Horus(m): 8:49pm On Apr 26, 2007
Identifying Fake Finance Houses in Nigeria

How do you explain investing in a firm that is not properly licensed by the
Securities and Exchange Commission and yet offers you ridiculous returns in
stocks such that not even the best and he biggest licensed stock broking firm
can ever think of making talk less of offering you? Abayomi Obabolujo, CRO,
Stocks Watch Magazine.

I got really excited when I read the April 25, 2007 edition of Stocks Watch. The Chief Research Officer of the reputable stocks magazine, Abayomi Obabolujo, wrote an enlightening essay on how to identify fake finance houses.
The message he was trying to pass across is so important, I have decided to replicate it here. Brace yourself; you are in danger of being a little more financial literate!

Excerpts from the essay; the real meaning of investment-II: Identifying Fake Finance Houses by Abayomi Obabolujo, CRO, Stocks Watch magazine

The System:

To my mind, the system to which your fund is being sent to create more of itself should be plain and simple to understand and not a kind of abracadabra that people and firms say they do to generate the kind of interests they offer. For example, when you give your money to a stock broker for investment purposes, you sure know it is for the stock of a specific company, whose business is well defined and proven. If your fund/deposit is in a bank, we all know what they do, including round tripping (when it was fashionable) and the excess charges, import and corporate financing and all the rest but how do you explain giving your money to an institution or someone who says he is into oil and gas without a proper license and yet offers you unimaginable returns that no legal petroleum marketing company can offer. Similarly, how do you explain investing in a firm that is not properly licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission and yet offers you ridiculous returns in stocks such that not even the best and he biggest licensed stock broking firm can ever think of making talk less of offering you? You see, you must come to certain realities or else you will continue to expose yourself to dupes.

Please take this warning- don’t ever let the desire for highest possible returns in the shortest possible period blindfold your ability to think right. There is no well meaning institution that will ever offer you too high a rate because professionally, they do understand the risk element that is often associated with businesses in a place like Nigeria and would also want to guard against unfulfilled promises. More so, all business owners and institutions are by nature selfish – they want to offer you lower rates to get more. It is not in their character to offer you more and get little for themselves in profit. Let me share with you the Business module or mode of operations of a typical fake finance house.

INCORPORATION:

In Nigeria of today, incorporation is easy; all it takes is a business name, a lawyer or accountant and some naira. With time, your company is up for business; therefore, conspicuous display of certificates of incorporation does not authenticate anything and one of the ways to identify a fake finance house is by requesting to see beyond the certificate, specifically their memo and article of association. If they ever make this available to you, consider their share capital; if you see that it is much lower than how much you intend to invest with them, please check it, they may be fake. If a child must be tall, they say in my village, the legs must be thin, so also a company that must access multiples of millions of naira as deposit from Nigerians must in itself be able to boast of a correspondingly high amount. Can you imagine some of these so-called finance houses have less than N2million share capital, which shows that they never spent much in putting the whole thing together. Please check very well; many of them may just have registered a business name and not even a limited liability company. The importance of share capital in the life of an organization cannot be overemphasized. That was what necessitated the recent recapitalization in the banking, insurance and stock broking firms; for whoever should manage your funds should himself have enough of his to manage. Take the time also to look at the nature of business as stated in the MEMAT. You will clearly see that those things stated there are nothing more than mere jargons.
Still talking about incorporation, please take note of the day and year that your wonder finance company was incorporated and request to see their accounts – management or audited; also ask them if they have done any remittance as tax or such to anywhere. This is not very likely. If you could go this far at your verifications, I believe that at this juncture, the operators of such a finance company would have lost interest in you whatever the seeming size of your deposit. May I ask; why do you think banks and legal finance companies do make copies of their financials to hang in their offices and sometimes in their presentations? It is not for a show; it is because such documents carry big messages; please note this. Look beyond the certificate of incorporation in the glass at that reception, all that are glazed are not so valuable.

Nature of Business:

Operators of illegal finance houses pretend to be involved in oil and gas, stock market, export and import businesses and sometimes, properties among others. Often times, you really would see shadow evidence of that which they claim to be involved in like a few trucks for those that say they are involved in oil and gas, a couple of shares by those who claim to operate in the stock market and such things here and there but if you think very well, you will simply discover the lies in them. If you do oil and gas so much that you make so much such that could afford you to offer ridiculous rates by which reason you have successfully gathered so much money from undiscerning members of the public, then you must be a major operator and at that, you must be visible in that industry by your filling stations, trucks and such. You should also be bold to present the names of your major clients or patrons for verification. If a company operates big without assets that can easily identify them, then something is amiss. It does mean that your business in itself is illegal, a faceless kind of business. My friend, we know the major and independent marketers of oil and gas products in the country. Let someone stop deceiving you just to get your money. Don’t tell me that these people are into bunkering for such does exist in Nigeria only as illegal business and I do not see the reason as to why you must deposit your funds with someone to carry out such a nefarious activity as bunkering that you know cannot last forever; In any case can you call such a deposit an investment? No, it is an advanced level of gambling. In the stock market, we know those that are real market operators; please don’t fall prey into the hand of a charlatan who calls himself a fund manager.

Let me quickly add this comment before rounding off for this week. The length of time a system has worked does not invalidate the fact that it is a fake and dubious venture. If I may remind you, Omana, Omana did not fail in his obligations to his clients up till the time he was arrested by the regulatory authorities for operating an illegal finance house. How did he do it and how are they doing it today, can’t you think? As of today, to access funds for a legal business from banks is one of the easiest things; the rates are also low enough. Why can’t these guys approach the bank to access facilities at 25% per annum instead of offering you 120% and in some cases, 360% per annum for your own funds?

Stocks Watch Magazine (April 25)
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2007
We need a link to the web page you copied this long article from, for copyright reasons. Thanks.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Horus(m): 9:00pm On Apr 26, 2007
We need a link to the web page you copied this long article from, for copyright reasons.  Thanks.
Ok !! Here the link

Source: http://youngentreprenoirs..com/2007/04/nigeria-how-to-identify-fake-finance.html
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by crito(m): 5:48am On Apr 29, 2007
nice one peolpe.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by naijawebe(m): 6:48am On Jun 08, 2007
Hey guys and ladies,

Everyone of you have been extremely great for the insight regarding stock and shares in Nigeria. I would very much want to thank "HOTSTEPPER" for volunteering the services of her uncle, aunt or even mom. Lady you are great. I reside here in the US and had been wanting to invest in some sort of shares for the longest. Now that First bank shares has come up, what other viable shares or stocks would any one advise? I am looking at close to #700K to invest in my lovely country. Everyone, please keep up the good work. Nigeria will live to forget her past woes. " ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY". If those of us DIASPORA invest in our country, there is bound to light at the end of the tunnel, believe you me. Mr webmaster, I also commend your efforts.

Thanks you wonderful brothers and sisters

Naijawebe
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by rossoneri(m): 8:40am On Jun 08, 2007
naijafresh:

Can anyone who has recent experience of online stocktrading in Nigeria tell me which brokers they use and how they rate in terms of efficiency, speed of transactions, accessibility to real time trading etc

I signed up with cashcraft as they claim to offer this service, however their online trading facility is non functional and i have resorted to emailing them my buy/sell instructions
Italso takes up to 2 days or longer for them to action my emails or attend to my queries, this is not satisfactory for my purposes

Which other brokers offer a competent, up and running online stock trading platform at the moment please?

Thanks

hi all,
i like the info presented here, but no one answered the questions raised above. i need to know as well pls help us sad
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Obamedo: 9:43am On Jun 08, 2007
Hmmm
Cashcraft claim to offer an online dealing platform but it is NOT functional
The information regarding your holdings etc when you log on, is not current and the only info you can glean from your online account is how many shares you hold and the price you purchased at the time.

If you want to work out the value of your current holdings you have to copy into an excel spreadsheet and do this yourself by updating the shares prices,  It is hardwork but once you have setup the spreadsheet its easy

Zenith securities owned by Zenith Bank also offer an online share dealing platform, this i believe is actually functional but i have been trying to buy stock that is scarce at the moment so they have not fulfilled my order as of today
If i successfully trade online with Zenith securities i will inform the house

I do not know of any other brokers that offer online dealing that works, that is until i set up my own fully functioning company with all the software ( maybe eh?  tongue )

However i suspect that it is due to lack of vision and software infrastructure in the various dealing houses as the technology does exist.
I also believe the brokers want to be able to fully control the markets by restricting access and shrouding share dealing in esoterica (for obvious reasons) rather than empower the client and allow market forces dominate

Comments both negative (but constructive) and positive are welcome

Obamedo
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by ushang: 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2007
am a stockbroker by frofession and i think i should be in the position to be able to say whatever!, i dont know why someone would say its evil to invest in the nigerian stock market, going by history our market has been able to deliver more than 100% up 500 and even 800% in some cases, first bank has declared a 1 for 1 and a div of N1 while companies like UBA, ZENITH, OCEANIC, WAPCO, NESTLE, DANGOTE SUGAR, and so many more are given wonderful returns on investments and poeple are smilling on a daily bases, and more so we have forign funds coming into the contry in there hundreds of millions in forign currencies, so what fears would you have if people could invest so much and be hopeful to make returns, please be not distracted by some ignorant ones who would want to spend the rest of there lives beggig and what things happen right by there noses, remember you are what risk you can take,,,,and in which of this group do you belong? those who make things happen, those who watch things happen or those who dont know whats happening,,,,
i belong to a stock broking firm in nigeria, with a lot of reputations, we have met our financial target even before the sec rules just chech us out www.cashcraft.com am on +23480957066750, +2348033923773,for more information and enquiries. the name is awoyale olaitan
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Nimshi: 9:53am On Jun 10, 2007
ushang:

if you'll do, could you address the issues raised about your company ont his thread? There're people who have had less-than-sterling experiences with your company. This is beyond meeting the capitalisation requirements; it's about service, and living up to claims made on your website.

The word is that there're more than a few people unhappy with Cashcraft; better to address that than another ad pitch.

Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Obamedo: 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2007
Nimshi:

ushang:

if you'll do, could you address the issues raised about your company on his thread? There're people who have had less-than-sterling experiences with your company. This is beyond meeting the capitalisation requirements; it's about service, and living up to claims made on your website.

The word is that there're more than a few people unhappy with Cashcraft; better to address that than another ad pitch.

@Nimshi, Exactly!

You can all see here a clear example of completely missing the point
Meeting capitalisation requirements doesn't have anything to do with offering a quality service, it only means you are less likely to run away with peoples money

Who cares if you have N500 million or N1 billion sitting in CBNs account?
Who cares if foreign investors have poured millions of dollars into the NSE?
Who cares if the stock market has appreciated 800-1000% in the last 2 weeks if you can't tell your broker to buy shares and get a timely response?

Having a fancy website doesn't impress if you can't deliver

Stockbrokers in Nigeria need to get their act together before the so called foreign investors move in and set up their own operations.
If any reputable stockbroking firm was to open shop in Nigeria i will be the first to jump ship!
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by dollyp1cute(f): 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2007
@Obamedo you took the words out of my mouth, there i was ready to deposit sizeable amount with this Cashcraft people based on the fact that i was told they are focussed on asset management, have good website blah blah. So i sent email for someone to get back to me as i need a point of contact o true one Sunday guy got in touch after about a week or more and he has not replied my further queries since May 25th. Anyway he can forget, I can imagine what it will be like when i have now made the deposit angry.

I have stayed with my original broker jeje at least he gets back within 3-4 days.

No wonder people are wary of investing in Nigeria.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by whitelexi(m): 12:19pm On Jun 11, 2007
ushang:

am a stockbroker by frofession and i think i should be in the position to be able to say whatever!, i don't know why someone would say its evil to invest in the nigerian stock market, going by history our market has been able to deliver more than 100% up 500 and even 800% in some cases, first bank has declared a 1 for 1 and a div of N1 while companies like UBA, ZENITH, OCEANIC, WAPCO, NESTLE, DANGOTE SUGAR, and so many more are given wonderful returns on investments and poeple are smilling on a daily bases, and more so we have forign funds coming into the contry in there hundreds of millions in forign currencies, so what fears would you have if people could invest so much and be hopeful to make returns, please be not distracted by some ignorant ones who would want to spend the rest of there lives beggig and what things happen right by there noses, remember you are what risk you can take,,,,and in which of this group do you belong? those who make things happen, those who watch things happen or those who don't know whats happening,,,,
i belong to a stock broking firm in nigeria, with a lot of reputations, we have met our financial target even before the sec rules just chech us out www.cashcraft.com am on +23480957066750, +2348033923773,for more information and enquiries. the name is awoyale olaitan

Unfortunately, i will not advise anyone to go by this company, i dont know about u but some of your stock brokers in your abuja office in (Wuse zone 5) are full of shit! Those guys conned me and i will spread the news for as long as i live that the company is messed up. Uptil today, i still recieve bills from them, statements of my account telling me i still owe them! An account that has been officially closed since 2005! They have money to be sending me letters to london saying i owe them N90k, they should pls continue.

To better things now, please, if anyone can hook me up with any good broker who is accessible online and by phone, i'd really appreciate that. Please, i dont want any branch of cashcraft, mutual alliance, and cashville. kiss
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by donne4real(m): 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2007
This website and forum has been very enlightening.
Does anyone know of any other reputable stock brokerage firm that allows online account monitoring and have low minimum requirements?
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by easimoni(m): 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2007
donne4real:

Does anyone know of any other reputable stock brokerage firm that allows online account monitoring and have low minimum requirements?

Try my brokers, Lead Capital. Website is www.leadcapitalng.com

They require N1m and they allow online monitoring on a daily basis. But expect poor service (2+ days to execute an order) and ZERO analysis.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Omoba3(m): 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2007
Easimoni - Thanks for making me laugh! I'm aching all over (lol)

They require N1m and they allow online monitoring on a daily basis. But expect poor service (2+ days to execute an order) and ZERO analysis.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by dollyp1cute(f): 9:15pm On Jun 11, 2007
easimoni:

@Easimoni,

Squash that, Leads are taking like 3-4 days now to get back to you o, they are really posing these days for me.
Took me raking on the phone before they could get me Mutual benefit, and they been showing funny transactions on my account. It's taking them forever to reflect deposit paid to my account.

But compared to cashcraft sha they be Oga.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by whitelexi(m): 11:00am On Jun 12, 2007
donne4real:

Raise your voice here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-58913.0.html

If we continue shouting, someone will hear and respond grin
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 30, 2007
hey i als need one based in ilorin who is trustworthy, smbody help!
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by CYBERMIST(m): 9:31am On Jul 03, 2007
Hi there people,
I was on the blessed site and found out the people are bad mouthing stockbrokers up in here. Well that is just too bad cos who would have thought that now that the capital market is booming ,people will not start to invest.

I respect all your reason but be warned only a fool will not make money when the time is right. grin

Please shine your shocked.
CYBERMIST
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by CYBERMIST(m): 9:43am On Jul 03, 2007
Good people of Nairaland
I work with ALANGRANGE SECURITIES LIMITED. stockbroking is one of the things that we do.
But before i go on i will ask the permission of the Chief Administrator of the Land to plz permit me to go on. Thank you sir.

At ALANGRANGE (ASL) we do not carter for everyone just a few people who are desirous of making good money from the capital market.

Here is our Web site : WWW.ALANGRANGESECRUITIES.COM.

I here that a lot of our people are out there needing people to trust with their hard earned money to help them invest in good profitable Nigerian companies.

We can help you only if you care to help yourself.

CYBERMIST
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by CYBERMIST(m): 10:04am On Jul 03, 2007
@ Bankyme:
mail me at boke@alangrangesecurities.com
i will put you on my mailing list and u will be getting the priicelist daily
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by CYBERMIST(m): 10:18am On Jul 03, 2007
Gpeople ,
do u know that u can log on to NSE (NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE) and see the trades as it gose on.
Let me know if u guys are intrested
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2007
@cybermist

your site did not open.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by CYBERMIST(m): 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2007
@otokx
ARE U SURE !!!, please check the address please. There must have been a mistake when u typed it in.
Let me know how it gose
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by RoughCut(m): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2007
Does anybody know or have heard about Forthright securities and Investments Ltd. A banker introduced them to me and i`m thinking of openining an account with them. They claim among other things on their website:

Collection of outstanding dividend and bonus:
That is dividend and bonus certificates that were lost in transit but returned to the registrar.
Confirmation of Holdings / updates of client's account with registrar.
Change of address, names & signature on behalf of our clients.
Consolidation of Account.
Registration of Executors (i.e. Probate registration).
Registration of Letter of Administration
Revalidation of dividend warrants.

On the surface these services are exactly what i`m looking for

Any advice welcome.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by madeonline(m): 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2007
I work in a stockbroking firm and I am ready to give financial advisory and support services to nairalanders.

Contact me through madeonline@gmail.com 08056259633

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Loses N260,000 To T.W.I.N.K.A.S, Says It's His Wedding Money. / Buhari's Declaration for Second Term Crashes Stock Market to 3 month low / 5 high paying online hustling you can do in 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.