Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Stock Brokers In Nigeria? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Brokers In Nigeria? (40606 Views)

List Of Suspended Nigerian Stock Brokers / Stock Brokers In Nigeria: Rate Your Stockbroker / Approved List Of Nigerian Stock Brokers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by parababe(f): 12:54pm On May 14, 2006
Can Someone Link Me To A Stock Broker?

Hey all, am a newbie as this is my first post though i have been coming to this site to read and learn, its been a great resource to me. As my name suggest am a paraplegic lady who resides in Nigeria. Employment has been a great challenge, well am thinking of having my money work for, i have great interest in stock market though i don't know much about stock, so can someone help link me up with a sincere reliable stock broker, for a start i have about 50,000 Naira to invest. Looking forward to your advice, suggestions, anything will be welcome. Thanks, parababe
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2006
[s]I'm begging you in the name of whatever God you believe in not to invest in the stock market. As an outsider, you will most likely not make any money. You should especially not invest your life savings in the stock market.

Do you want to start a business? We can help you with brainstorming; we can help you to discover business ideas that you'll be able to execute just fine with just your brain and your hands. So your destiny will be in your hands. please don't throw away your valuable capital. I know you must have labored one way or the other for it.[/s]

And, lest I forget, welcome to Nairaland, parababe! Or is it smartbabe? wink
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by nightrider: 6:51pm On May 14, 2006
i can link you to a good stockbroker in marina.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by parababe(f): 6:55pm On May 14, 2006
Hi Seun,
Thanks for welcoming me. thanks again for your advice, i will keep that in mind. I will also apreciate any business/work idea i can do from home as i hardly go out due to transport and accessibility problem. Incase it matters i have 5hrs internet access 3times a week, i have been searching for online job with no luck, anything i can do from home will be great!  Looking forward to more replies/advice and suggestions
Thanks again, Parababe.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 10:58pm On May 15, 2006
@parababe , I can link you up with a stock broker who is my aunty who works in a stock company where my uncle is the MD of the company. They r well known in lagos and deals with prominent people, My mom deals with them and sum familyfriends in Canada that are interested in the business,

In terms of online job, I can link you with one because my aunties here in Canada is involved in one as she works from home, she can get u started and she makes money 4rom it and lotz of Nigerians in Nigeria r also in it, get back 2 me so I can put you through, Even a good thing u gat internet, good job, good luck

1 Like

Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 12:10pm On May 16, 2006
i have been searching for online job with no luck, anything i can do from home will be great! Looking forward to more replies/advice and suggestions
I'll contribute my opinion once you post a new topic to ask this question. Cheers.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by obua: 7:45pm On May 17, 2006
I invest in the stock market and if you invest wisely you will hardly lose.
You have to define what you want(long term or short term) By long term, you buy stocks to earn from dividends,bonus and capital appreciation. For long term FBN, UBA < Union Bank , GTB, Cadbury, Nestle , Guiness etc are very good For short term you buy to sell.
There are a lot of classical stories about the stock market. A civil servant in the mid 70s got a car loan of about N7,700 and bought about 10000 units of NBL( Nigerian breweries) . By early last year that singular investment that investment was worth about N140 million, minus the dividends over the years. Even with the bashing of the NBL stock last year , that investment is still worth well above N40million. This can fetch you 10 brand new cars instead of 1 car amost 28 years ago.
If you need more info on stock market , do a wide card search for nigerian stock market on the WWW or email me on ifyobua@yahoo.com.
Pls not that I don't work for any stock broking firm . I just like to fill up this info glut in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by parababe(f): 10:30pm On May 20, 2006
Hotstepper, I am interested in the online job, how do i contact you?
Obua, thanks too, i have sent u mail, looking forward to your reply.
Seun, i will post another question, hope to get more insights and advice, i really need fincial independence and working from home will be great!. Once more thanks.
Parababe.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 11:43pm On May 20, 2006
mail me via nnenny@yorku.ca, hope to hear from you soon
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by tinkywinky(f): 2:04pm On Jun 12, 2006
does anyone know or can they recommend a good reputable stock broker or trader, as i am really interesting in buying share in Nigerian organizations. I know i have a lot to lean with this regard so am so all the input anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2006
I can help,  My uncle is an MD of a STOCK EXCHANGE COMPANY and ma aunty works dere as well,  My mom and her friends buy shares from them and have recommended them to 2 users here, If u want, I can give u ma aunty's number in Lagos and u will contact her, Shez very nice and won't regret it
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Garuba(m): 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2006
@hotstepper

Hook me up with some of that info as well. I'm planning on getting in to the nigerian market to diversify
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by gentleaura(m): 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2006
Hotstepper:

I can help, My uncle is an MD of a STOCK EXCHANGE COMPANY and ma aunty works dere as well, My mom and her friends buy shares from them and have recommended them to 2 users here, If u want, I can give u ma aunty's number in Lagos and u will contact her, Shez very nice and won't regret it

Nenny come on, you gotta hook me up with ur "link" eh!
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 12:22am On Jun 14, 2006
yes, i can hook u'all ohhhhh abby and Garuba, u'all saw ma e-mail dere, e-mail me and i will give u ppl da gist and number of ma aunt, i have shares as well tongue
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by instinct(m): 5:56am On Jun 14, 2006
@ hotstepper. i want to invest some money into stock, please advise. i'd send a mail. u guys are doing a great job out here
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Garuba(m): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2006
Yeah I do, We're into realestate which i predict is going to become a very lucrative commodity within the next 7-15years. Also with the Nigerian government trying to shift focus to non-oil industries for export I believe investing in companies that deal in such areas is a good long term approach. I'm young, i got nothing to lose tongue

Ottawa is as good as ottawa can get wink. Currently workin for the government at Canada Revenue Agency, God! Tax system in this country is insane
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by gentleaura(m): 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2006
LOL, U accountants know better, took Financial Accounting, it nearly send me over the cliff, but its all good!

Well what have you got except from planning and thinking ahead, such a immaculate young man you are! All I know is just to get done with my degree and head back to Nigeria, probably go head mum's biz. Meanwhile I am trying to broaden my horizon as well. Yet gotta stay focused on being ambitious.

Checked ur profile, your face seems familiar, not quiet sure though. No disrespect, do you have a pretty sister? "not that I am interested, lol"
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by godwininUS(m): 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2006
I am in USA, maryland. I have 1,000 shares of Guiness and a couple of other companies, that were purchased in 1980. I haven't been back home since, and I am interested in selling them. Does anyone know of a good broker that can help me from here I know how many nigerias are crooked, and that is why I never wanted to trut anyone with these, but I heard the market has gotten better.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by godwininUS(m): 5:29pm On Jun 22, 2006
Hotstepper. Does she sell too.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by danielorde(m): 9:13am On Jun 24, 2006
Hello Guys, You really don't need anyone to hook you up to a stock broker. All you need is go to the stock exchange building there you'd find a long list of them. I was using Amyn investment in the stock exchange building, until I changed jobs now I use Security Swaps in V/I, address is 5, Idowu taylor VI.

For those who want to know daily transactions check out www.expresson-line.com.

I must advice that no stockbroker can help you make decisions on what to buy, the choice is ultimately yours, you can ask for guidance though but remeber whatever decison you make is yours, so you must learn how the market works cos it really does work

Seun try investing 5000 naira in Firstbank shares later this year and see the difference it will make in the next 5years, I know of someone who bought a card with just dividends from first bank shares. This thing work if you are patient enough to learn the tricks. I wont mind sharing thoughts sha.

Note that I am not a broker, I am just interested in making a lt of money. I am actually a Network Administrator.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by elolove(m): 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2006
pls can anyone help me with information on stock brokage in Nigeria.
I read Business mgt from one if the Northern University in nigeria, but now in lagos looking for a job.
I have tried unsuccessful to secure a job, now plans are underway for me to be attached to stock brokage firm, while i study for the CIS and a parttime MBA at Unilag.
Pls shd i take the offer, given that the pay is very low about 10k/15k a month?
what is the prospects for me as a Stock broker in nigeria?
And what are the series of exams before one becomes a stock broker, any good tutitoring center in lagos for Stock brokers?
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2006
If you like you take the job or just finish your MBA, My uncle is an MD in one stock exchange company in Lagos, I don't know if he is hiring people now
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by bayo1(m): 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2006
I can't believe that Seun could be talking about investing in stock the way he did, anyway maybe he was just talking out of experience, but what experience is that?
I will advice also that if you want to invest in stock, go ahead, as this will help in securing your future if you can make it a long term investment other than looking for quick gratification.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:32am On Jul 14, 2006
why not go the Stock Exchange's website and check up on the top 5 stockbroking firms by the biggest and most successful mandates they have pulled off. that way you know for sure that you are dealing with serious brokers (institutions and not individuals who might just make off with your dollars)

http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by elolove(m): 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2006
pls Hotstepper can u find out if ur Uncle is hiring, am interested in working 4 a stock firm.
love u pix, u play Bball 2.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by bioye(m): 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2006
for a thorough list of nigerian stockbrokers including links to their websites, visit:
http://www.karakataonline.com/stockbrokers.html
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2006
@elolove, what did you read in school? I will contact my aunty diz weekend and ask her if they have opening but I want details of your qualification and if possible, send me your resume so I can send to my aunt and probably make them fix you in somewhere. my addy again is nnenny@yorku.ca good luck
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by yomyom52(m): 3:26am On Aug 11, 2006
Hello
I have enjoyed you all especially with the posting on thgis site. I am new as well and would like to invest in the share market in nigeria. Please any idea as to what bank, institution or reputable broker to go to?
Thanks
yomyom
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by Hotstepper(f): 3:05pm On Aug 11, 2006
@yomyom52, welcome, I can connect you to my aunty and uncle who are stock brokers. You will neva regret it. They are doing for my family and friends
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by olooto(m): 12:03am On Aug 12, 2006
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, but not new to investing and investments. I totally agree with bayo1 and I don't think seun knows what he's talking about. I do not reside in Nigeria, but I visit at least once a year. Stocks is a good way to invest your hard earned money, if only you know where and when to invest it. I invest in Zenith, bank the very first time they went public, now their shares is like x2 of what I bought it for. likewise Ecobank, Union bank, all lost of good ones.

There're good stocks out there in Nigeria, just ask, get the info you needed and go for it. it pays off at the end, especially if you are business minded and you know when to buy and when to sell. Personally, I have over 2 million naira in stocks, I bet you can't beat it and I monitor the stock market in Nigeria online everyday.

Good luck fellas.
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by yomyom52(m): 2:49am On Aug 14, 2006
@ HOTSTEPPER. yes.lease connect me as i am ready to kknow more about investing in nigeria share markets. Thanks. Yomyom52
Re: Stock Brokers In Nigeria? by STOjo: 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2006
There are many brokers in Nigeria but make sure you link them directly either online or physically. Agents/jobbers are too risky to use. As for brokers if they fail you can report them.
For now i think stock biz is a very good one if you do it with good advice.

Shalom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Loses N260,000 To T.W.I.N.K.A.S, Says It's His Wedding Money. / Buhari's Declaration for Second Term Crashes Stock Market to 3 month low / 6 Things You Must Do To Raise Money For Your Business In 2021 - Nairametrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.