Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

P - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / P (1857 Views)

I Need Help..my Newly Bought Toyota Sienna Always Fallng Short Of Engine Oil / Is it Alright To Drive A Newly-bought Car Without A License Plate In Nigeria? / Driving A Newly Bought Car From Lagos To The East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P by TULLOP: 11:54pm On May 09, 2013
thanks in advance!!!!
Re: P by mikkyphp(m): 9:00am On May 10, 2013
If you're like me, then i suspect you're already bored with the bland interiors of the corolla. the EOD has a lot of life in it, and it is better looking too. I was in a similar dilemma, but refused to give in to the Honda dogma(brainbox is low, high maintenance,shaft issues,gearbox issues etc). It is all about how well you use/maintain your car.
In terms of drive experience, both are similar on a lot of grounds. Second had value? Honda is equal to the toyota on this.
Reliability, i think that's relative.

Overall, Both are very good, but if you are as sentimental as i am, i'd go for the better looking car! Honda!
Re: P by FlyboyZee: 11:20am On May 10, 2013
mikkyphp: In terms of drive experience, both are similar on a lot of grounds. Overall, Both are very good, but if you are as sentimental as i am, i'd go for the better looking car! Honda!

Please, don't insult the H. Accord. In terms of drive experience, the Toyota Camry which is in the same class as the H. Accord doesn't even come close to the H. Accord, How much more of the T. Corolla which is at per with the H. Civic. I have driven all of them and the T. Corolla comes last in terms of drive experience.

@OP, The EoD is a car I had owned and loved so much with everything I have got. I still miss that car like my late Dad, I hope you get my drift. Let nobody deceive you. If you go through this forum, you would find out people complaining about their Toyotas as much as others complain about their Hondas. There is no car that does not call for maintenance or have issues. It all depends on how you handle your car, as in: Parts used, whether fake or original, makeshift or proper; mechanics, experienced or apprentice, trial-and-error based or knows-what-he-is -doing type; your own maintenance culture, correct oil and fluid specifications, routine cleaning and checking, etc.

Generally, I believe Honda sedans are better off than Toyota sedans. THIS IS MY OWN OPINION. A car should not be just about engines alone. It should be able to satisfy most of the other criteria if not all. Toyotas have rugged engines and transmission systems, that I know. But, Hondas have better drive experience, more effizy, plush and exciting interiors and great gadgets. Moreover, the prices of Toyota in the Nigerian market is just crazy, because of the unfounded believe that has been going around.

My take on this is:
1. you made a mistake of buying an highly-over-rated T. Corolla, instead of a chic and plush H. Accord and Now you are regreting.
2. If you have not had the T. Corolla for long and its still as clean as it had been, you can still de-register it and use the custom papers to sell it as Tokumbo.
3. Go back to your dealer and trade in the T. Corolla for a H. Accord. You should be able to do this.
4. Apply any one of (2) or (3) and get back to us on this forum lets know how you are faring.

#JustThinkingOutAloud#

1 Like

Re: P by femiantoni: 12:00pm On May 10, 2013
HOW DO YOU DEREGISTER A VEHICLE ?
Re: P by FlyboyZee: 4:59pm On May 10, 2013
femiantoni: HOW DO YOU DEREGISTER A VEHICLE ?
Go to the Licencing Office where you registered your vehicle and ask them that?
Re: P by lonelydora: 5:34pm On May 10, 2013
2003 Accord(V6 EX-L) is a car i have been driving for the past 2 years plus now. In terms of driving experience, 2003 Corolla is a no match for it.
Agreed! there are so many sensors in the Accord that if not handled well, will give you a nightmare. That not withstanding, if you carry out your routine maintenance on the Accord well, there will be no Transmission issues(use the recommended oil), Ball joint issue(not only on Accord, but other vehicles).

I love the Corolla because of it's acceleration compared to the engine size, Fuel economy which is relative, and the A/C chilling system. It's a nice car though and very rugged.

You cannot compare the 2 cars because they are not of the same level, Corolla engine is 1.8L while Accord is 2.4L(except V6 models), Accord has better driving experience, Accord is more rugged, and for ecstatics, Accord is the Bomb.

Go and watch a documentary titled "OPEN ROAD" and see how they yabbed Corolla. They said it's a boring car to drive.
Re: P by TULLOP: 6:02pm On May 10, 2013
Thanks evyone thats helped me so far on this issue,well i havnt even us the car for 2 weeks,am just so fed up,all am trying to do now is to sell it and get the honda accord,i actually ordered it so i dont have any dealer and its giving me a hard time getting someone to buy it,the customs papers are all intact and ready,i even registered it about a week agoi just contacted someone yesterday if by any means he can help me sell it and i just go for the honda ..if theres anyone interested i would like to trade and deal well with the person provided the honda is still a tokunbo car.anyone interested or has any clue on how i can sell it fast should please contact me and help me deal with this.thank you so very much everyone..
Re: P by wwwkaycom(m): 10:07am On May 11, 2013
TULLOP: Thanks evyone thats helped me so far on this issue,well i havnt even us the car for 2 weeks,am just so fed up,all am trying to do now is to sell it and get the honda accord,i actually ordered it so i dont have any dealer and its giving me a hard time getting someone to buy it,the customs papers are all intact and ready,i even registered it about a week agoi just contacted someone yesterday if by any means he can help me sell it and i just go for the honda ..if theres anyone interested i would like to trade and deal well with the person provided the honda is still a tokunbo car.anyone interested or has any clue on how i can sell it fast should please contact me and help me deal with this.thak you so very much everyone..
why not continue to use your car as it is since it has no issues. Car dealers are so trickish, I hate relating with them, if they see your desperation, they will take advantage of it to exploit you. The corolla and EOD sells for almost the same price in the market, there is no way a dealer will not make you lose anything around 500k on that car. So I will advise you to continue using your corolla while looking at the accord as a future investment or you try to sell your car your self on nairaland. This is my advise and its from experience. I once bought a big daddy for 1.5M and started feeling the same way you are feeling now after 1month, all the 3 dealers I contacted including the one that sold it to me told me nobody will buy the car for more than 700k - 800k since it is registered, I did not engrave it o, can you see how wicked they are? I later sold the car to the mother of a friend for 1.2m, I didn't know about nairaland then. Please, sell your car yourself or you continue using it as it is, cheers!
Re: P by TULLOP: 10:12am On May 11, 2013
thanks so much for that good piece of advice,am still thinking on it and i will look at what else to do,i feel thats what i will do to try and sell the car and just buy the accord later on,i havnt even drove the car for any long at all,i just left it with a friend and am asking him to try and sell it for me..thanks
Re: P by TULLOP: 10:23am On May 11, 2013
the car is still as neat as it is and its a very well graded corolla S with sunroof.i hope to sell it soon and get the accord or any other full car..
Re: P by jasinto123(m): 7:15am On May 12, 2013
Bro,Pls continue using ur car...
Re: P by 9icetoo(m): 2:33pm On May 12, 2013
You still wanna sell the car?
Re: P by TULLOP: 3:56pm On May 12, 2013
if theres a good deal i will sell it and go for the other car.thanks for your advice..
Re: P by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 12, 2013
TULLOP: if theres a good deal i will sell it and go for the other car.thanks for your advice..
I advice you put it up for sale on nairaland as well. You may get a very good deal. Put pix e.t.c
Re: P by motion1: 5:12am On May 14, 2013
Hw much u d wan sell d car, if it is as neat as u claim, then I am interested in buying it, email me at guykoty@gmail.com. Thanks nd best of luck as u think am ova
Re: P by juliuskay(m): 8:05am On May 14, 2013
Bro, every thing depend on you, i use eod 2005 and ave being useing it for d pass 2years no issue . if u mainten ur when it is due u will not ave issue it, get d right mechanic and part . evry ride need good maitance no matter how cheap or expence a car is u most give it what it need. since ur mind is on eod go for it and u will ave ur pritiige . how much is the corrolla , send d pix into this babake2010@yahoo.com , i will like to get it for my wife. urgently.
Re: P by donbuchi1(m): 1:54pm On May 15, 2013
TULLOP: Please i need candid advice
I just got a clean toyota corolla S 2003 model,black color,clean and very good ride
I actually wanted an honda ACCORD eod but was discouraged due to the news about the gearbox and the expenses so i went for the corolla,now am so fed up of the corolla and whenever i see the eod i just want to throw my car away and again am been pissed because of the color.
Is it advisable i just keep using it or i sell it and get the honda accord.
Is Honda accord as reliable as the corolla sport and what will be the second hand value of the corolla if i want to sell it.
Please i need good advice please please help me am so disturbed..
thanks in advance!!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1267719/honda-cars-front-wheel-issue[color=#990000][/color]
Re: P by Slyjay1(m): 12:48pm On May 22, 2013
Do u wished to sell the car? Inbox me yr last price on wrightphilip76@yahoo.co.uk. If the car is in good condition n very neat, I will buy it. I stayed in Edo state.

(1) (Reply)

Can Yu Buy This Car For 250k? / Acura Salon Car For Sale / Three Tyre Car Moving With Top Speed Spotted In Ibadan. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.