Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra (12657 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Meets With Victor Umeh At A Prominent Funeral In Anambra. Photos / Drama and Intrigues As Ayo Fayose Ran Into Fayemi, Others At A Funeral (Pix) / What's Happening In Anambra, All the Markets Closed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Chino48: 7:43pm On May 11, 2013
South East political leaders , Saturday met in Enugu to map out reception plans for President Goodluck Jonathan’s visit to the funeral of the late literary icon, Prof. Chinua Achebe next week.

Jonathan has confirmed his decision to attend the funeral which will take place at Ogidi, Anambra state.

Chairman of South East Governor’s forum, Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State told reporters that the meeting focused on reception for the president.

The South East will ensure that the president’s visit would be memorable, he said.

At the meeting were secretary to the federal government, Anyim Pius Anyim, the South East governors, Senators, House of Representatives members, Speakers of the zone’s Assemblies and LG chairmen.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/jonathan-to-attend-achebes-funeral/

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Zonacom(m): 8:39pm On May 11, 2013
What would be the purpose of the gathering? Giving the late prof a deserved burial or giving mr Gej a sweet welcome

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by aminho(m): 8:57pm On May 11, 2013
Tax payers Money don dey suffer for My country

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Jics(m): 8:58pm On May 11, 2013
I had thought it should be a normal thing.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Trut(m): 8:59pm On May 11, 2013
Zona.com:
What would be the purpose of the gathering? Giving the late prof a deserved burial or giving mr Gej a sweet welcome

Abeg ask dem for me oh!!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by dagentility(f): 9:00pm On May 11, 2013
Mr president,go ahead.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by jaymdee(m): 9:01pm On May 11, 2013
But Prof. Achebe doesn't want the President to attend his funeral. He made it clear to us!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 11, 2013
Thought this dude was buried last year undecided
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Policewoman(f): 9:03pm On May 11, 2013
I SHALL BE THERE TOO AS PART OF HIS SECURITY DETAIL lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by visalo: 9:03pm On May 11, 2013
Oh prof may you rip. Gej is always on point. Go and recognize with your good people and give your last respect to our own beloved prof.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 11, 2013
Policewoman: I SHALL BE THERE TOO AS PART OF HIS SECURITY DETAIL lipsrsealed

Just be careful. I dont have your ransom money sogbo? wink cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 11, 2013
Good to hear
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Chrisdonca(m): 9:05pm On May 11, 2013
He should go, 2015 politics on point.......
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by AK481(m): 9:05pm On May 11, 2013
This is a show of political strenght of numbers,anambra a state in southeast which is assumed to be a support base for gej.the crowd will be seriously concentrated by pdp and apc.earlier on cpc had their congress the reception is massive,we ndigbo are expecting the crwd to double that,n the absence of that then there is a negative message for gej.

#just analysing#
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by dayokanu(m): 9:05pm On May 11, 2013
Who doesnt know Jonathan is jobless

He was seen attending UNILAG VC Sofoluwes burial

Attending Bode Georges house party

Soon he would attend Tonto Dikes album launch

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Policewoman(f): 9:06pm On May 11, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Just be careful. I dont have your ransom money sogbo? wink cheesy
WHERE THIS ONE COMOT FROM? U DON HEAR BEFORE SAY DEM KIDNAP TOP POLICE OFFICER?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 11, 2013
dayokanu: Who doesnt know Jonathan is jobless

Send him a RSVP for boko haram bomb launch party.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 11, 2013
Policewoman: WHERE THIS ONE COMOT FROM? U DON HEAR BEFORE SAY DEM KIDNAP TOP POLICE OFFICER?

Ayam just saying o. Be careful......top police officer na the most expensive na
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Chrisdonca(m): 9:08pm On May 11, 2013
visalo: Oh prof may you rip. Gej is always on point. Go and recognize with your good people and give your last respect to our own beloved prof.
forget na politics.......
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Policewoman(f): 9:08pm On May 11, 2013
dayokanu: Who doesnt know Jonathan is jobless

IT'S HIS PRESIDENCY. LET HIM ATEND FUNCTIONS AS HE DEEMS FIT.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by dayokanu(m): 9:10pm On May 11, 2013
Policewoman: IT'S HIS PRESIDENCY. LET HIM ATEND FUNCTIONS AS HE DEEMS FIT.

Presidency is not to attend Owambe all over the place I thought someone would have told the clueless Retardeen by now

Next thing he go dey settle quarrel between Davido and him girlfriend

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by visalo: 9:13pm On May 11, 2013
Haters will always kick, nigeria is moving forward. I miss you prof. But you gave us your last gift before you past beyond, There was a country. Torture those betrayer who starve us during the war when you see them

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Ikenganri(m): 9:15pm On May 11, 2013
Rest in peace my brother and my role model. Idemili adiro ekpe azu!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by vanstanzy(m): 9:17pm On May 11, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by eriegua83: 9:17pm On May 11, 2013
Are u alright? Someone died in 2013 nd u thought he was buried in 2012? SMH.
Texas.Cowgirl:
Thought this dude was buried last year undecided

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by dayokanu(m): 9:18pm On May 11, 2013
visalo: Haters will always kick, nigeria is moving forward. I miss you prof. But you gave us your last gift before you past beyond, There was a country. Torture those betrayer who starve us during the war when you see them

Achebe torture who?

From his wheelchair? I dey laff oo

Maybe he would be taught how you dont depend on your opponent to feed you during wartime

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Policewoman(f): 9:18pm On May 11, 2013
eriegua83: Are u alright? Someone died in 2013 nd u thought he was buried in 2012? SMH.
SHE ALWAYS MISYARNS WHENEVER SHE IS IN HER PERIOD tongue tongue tongue

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (photos) / 2019: Why I Want To Be Nigeria’s President – Sule Lamido / APC Will Retain Governorship Seat In Osun — Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.