Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,205 members, 7,842,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra (12662 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Meets With Victor Umeh At A Prominent Funeral In Anambra. Photos / Drama and Intrigues As Ayo Fayose Ran Into Fayemi, Others At A Funeral (Pix) / What's Happening In Anambra, All the Markets Closed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by wellmax(m): 11:28pm On May 11, 2013
Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra". And so?
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by lacasa: 11:28pm On May 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Presidency is not to attend Owambe all over the place I thought someone would have told the clueless Retardeen by now

Next thing he go dey settle quarrel between Davido and him girlfriend

gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Jman06(m): 11:35pm On May 11, 2013
Mr man why are u so bitter with d president,u wll soon die of HBP oo!
dayokanu:

Presidency is not to attend Owambe all over the place I thought someone would have told the clueless Retardeen by now

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by tspun(m): 11:43pm On May 11, 2013
he deserve it
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by ozodimgba(m): 11:52pm On May 11, 2013
Ihe ne-eme!
Shebi dem say he no worth anything, God teach them lessons they will never forget. I will know how many presidents will attend the burial ceremony of those who criticises Achebe with intention to pull him down. It doesnt matter how many presidents attended his burial ceremony but honour should be given to whosoever it's due. @least to encourage the young and ambitious ones.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 11, 2013
Billyonaire: Whoever couches GEJ on the laws of Power is doing a great job. His personal presence at Achebe's burial will be a milestone in his assemblage and glorification of ancestral Igbos. Jonathan has an Igbo DNA, so have I. Apart from these Ancestral linkages, Achebe is a global icon, and I dare say over 80 million people have read his works so he deserves greater respects even in death than during a transient living. I love Achebe's things fall apart more than the Asian theological books cos it tells the story of a people, as is, and as was. May the Great Soul of the Great Man, who lived and died in my times, rest peacefully. So mote it be! GEJ, you have my respect for this giant stride to adore a man, who was more than we know. The Niccolo Machiavelli of our time.
WORD

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by iruocious: 12:03am On May 12, 2013
by Texas.Cowgirl: 9:02pm
Thought this dude was buried last year
Are U̶̲̥̅̊ in this country at all. Did d man die dis year o last year?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Hugoboi(m): 12:04am On May 12, 2013
dayokanu:

Achebe torture who?

From his wheelchair? I dey laff oo

Maybe he would be taught how you dont depend on your opponent to feed you during wartime

SMH.... This dude and his twisted prognosis all over again. I wonder why common sense is so rare these days...

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Hugoboi(m): 12:12am On May 12, 2013
Billyonaire: Whoever couches GEJ on the laws of Power is doing a great job. His personal presence at Achebe's burial will be a milestone in his assemblage and glorification of ancestral Igbos. Jonathan has an Igbo DNA, so have I. Apart from these Ancestral linkages, Achebe is a global icon, and I dare say over 80 million people have read his works so he deserves greater respects even in death than during a transient living. I love Achebe's things fall apart more than the Asian theological books cos it tells the story of a people, as is, and as was. May the Great Soul of the Great Man, who lived and died in my times, rest peacefully. So mote it be! GEJ, you have my respect for this giant stride to adore a man, who was more than we know. The Niccolo Machiavelli of our time.

Its just a pity that the literary icon had little or no respect for ur boss during his lifetime. Please do yourself a favor and stop with the Jonathan Igbo DNA dogshit. Its an insult to the enterprising spirit of the Igbo man to liken us to the daft called Jona. As for you claiming to be one urself, I've only a few words for you. A typical Igbo man would never be a bootlicker, the type of which you have espoused to greater heights. Your boss's presence at Achebe's burial isn't gonna fool anyone. He'd better channel his energy to pressing issues than carrying out a charade of that magnitude. Nigerians are wiser now.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by azimibraun: 12:13am On May 12, 2013
I expect wole soyinka to lead a team of "GIANTS" in the literal world and Pete Edochie with surviving cast of "Things Fall Apart" the Tv edition to this burial. Politicians are bringin all dia badluck to this burial nw eh! Kai! God gv dem reason nt to come sir. Let's hv a pure literal burial with plenty of poetery and dance drama and stage stuff abeg.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by fallingsky(m): 12:24am On May 12, 2013
Nice one from Mr president..
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 1:00am On May 12, 2013

He has your respect for coming to a funeral. Hmmn, he hasn't done anything to fix power, roads are terrible, security situation all around is deplorable, education in comatose situation, unemployment is extremely high, yet he earns your respect and probably your vote because he is attending a funeral. No wonder our leaders love playing to the gallery, they truly understand what matters most to us. We don't even demand performance from our leaders hence they don't perform!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by seedord247(m): 1:00am On May 12, 2013
fallingsky: Nice one from Mr president..

Whats nice about Jonathan wasting our precious money on someone that said NIGERIA doesnt deserve to be call a country. shocked

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by babaowo: 1:14am On May 12, 2013
dayokanu:

lol my teeth...
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 2:28am On May 12, 2013
Chino48: Its likely that Uni-Abuja or National Library maybe renamed after Achebe. Achebe remains the greatest African after Mandela.

That will be a great honor even though uni abuja is crap

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 2:30am On May 12, 2013
Before nko?
Nnukwu nmadu ka Achebe bu nu
NIgeria has to be well represented like the Ojukwu funeral that was like none other in Nigeria
A great Iroko doesn't fall without the forest vibrating
I can see some people don drink conc sulphuric acid already
Fantastic!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by egoldman(m): 4:00am On May 12, 2013
Policewoman: IT'S HIS PRESIDENCY. LET HIM ATEND FUNCTIONS AS HE DEEMS FIT.
Just a bit off topic , my sister are you really a police woman and is that your pic in your profile ?
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by otunlexy(m): 4:34am On May 12, 2013
Damn Why should dis make fp in d first place... undecided
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by RealMccoy2(m): 4:45am On May 12, 2013
Here in states, *things fall apart* is a requirement for undergraduate course in most universities. Haters are not known outside their enclaved holes and I expect them to drink more haterode as the burial day approaches. His last book became a best seller after few weeks on shelve,why won't chameleons continue with their crab in a basket way of life.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Angel778(f): 5:53am On May 12, 2013
eriegua83: Are u alright? Someone died in 2013 nd u thought he was buried in 2012? SMH.
cheesy
eriegua83: Are u alright? Someone died in 2013 nd u thought he was buried in 2012? SMH.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by jmoore(m): 6:35am On May 12, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Thought this dude was buried last year undecided
keep thinking.... smh
If you have no respect for your father don't try it with other people.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 6:59am On May 12, 2013
Zona.com:
What would be the purpose of the gathering? Giving the late prof a deserved burial or giving mr Gej a sweet welcome
It's a southeast PDP rally. That's the primary aim of Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan's visit. All other events of that day are secondary.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by azat: 7:25am On May 12, 2013
dayokanu: Who doesnt know Jonathan is jobless

He was seen attending UNILAG VC Sofoluwes burial

Attending Bode Georges house party

Soon he would attend Tonto Dikes album launch
lol!
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by CUIzundu(m): 7:31am On May 12, 2013
Jics: I had thought it should be a normal thing.
U had thought.....U better Re-Think, u're thinking it would b normal, cuz he's not from Lagos/Abuja? Chinua iz a Literal Giant recognized national n abroad n has created postive impact(attitude and moral wise)so when we talk bout his burial,it should be worth it cuz all these south east gov.must av read his article @ one stage or another...And there u re talking "normal thing"...mind ya self ooo b4 "tins go fall apart" .....!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 7:44am On May 12, 2013
Policewoman: I SHALL BE THERE TOO AS PART OF HIS SECURITY DETAIL lipsrsealed
But don't take 20 naira.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 7:49am On May 12, 2013
Policewoman: WHERE THIS ONE COMOT FROM? U DON HEAR BEFORE SAY DEM KIDNAP TOP POLICE OFFICER?
But dem kill d commissioner of police of Kwara State wen him village 4 Enugu State. So make u choose between killing or kidnapping. Na wic one u want?
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 7:56am On May 12, 2013
I'm surprised no Igbo is seeing beyond the ordinary in GEJ's move. I won't be surprised if they give him their support for 2015, because I know he will use the construction of the Second Niger Bridge who preliminary work has started to woo them. Ndi Igbo, ndo.
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 8:00am On May 12, 2013
Real-Mccoy:
Here in states, *things fall apart* is a requirement for undergraduate course in most universities. Haters are not known outside their enclaved holes and I expect them to drink more haterode as the burial day approaches. His last book became a best seller after few weeks on shelve,why won't chameleons continue with their crab in a basket way of life.
Sorry, kilo omode mo ju koma yi tyre (a child doesn't know more than playing with tyre).
Re: Jonathan To Attend Achebe’s Funeral In Anambra by Nobody: 8:05am On May 12, 2013
dayokanu:

Achebe torture who?

From his wheelchair? I dey laff oo

Maybe he would be taught how you dont depend on your opponent to feed you during wartime

Who is crying now? North or Yoruba?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

14 PDP Governors Submit Letter Of Resignation Over Amechi Suspension / Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (photos) / How Splitting Of Ministries Left Workers In Confusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.