Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! (1606 Views)

Rivers Re-run: Amaechi Came Noisily, Left Quietly — Wike - Vanguard News / #BuyNaijaToGrowTheNaira‬ - Ben Bruce Going places / Breaking News: Kogi State Is Under Attack Right Now. DSS Office Under Siege! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by naUgotire: 8:07pm On May 11, 2013
Forget about Fashola, Peter Obi may actually be the best governor so far in Nigeria. I was reading the Sun Newspaper and by chance, came across the website below. Out of curiosity, I decided to visit it. I was amazed at what I saw. Governor Peter Obi is gradually and quietly transforming Anambra State. Even with the meager allocation it gets from the federal government, he has been able to do so wonderfully well, and he does it without making noise. Arguably, he is the best governor in the country. I'm not holding brief for him, I don't even reside in Nigeria, but I have been highly impressed with what I saw. Pictures don't lie. I want people to visit the site below and see for themselves how he has been able to transform the state:

http://www.anidsinanambrastate.com/

Mod, please can you oblige me by making this a front page post. There is the need for people to see that there are governors making bold moves quietly in their states. Thank you

5 Likes

Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by Zonacom(m): 8:10pm On May 11, 2013
I admire obi so much but one thing i dislike about him is his noise. He is good at placing bill boards projects but what see on such bill boards are proposed site for bla bla bla. So ma bros, dont be deceived by that website at all. I tuo down, i fu otu obodo di
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by nedu2000(m): 8:24pm On May 11, 2013
Brother you are telling the truth,I went to my hometown for the 1st time in 4yrs & was surprised by what I saw,especially the roads with adequate drainages, we now possess a rice factory as well. Gov. Obi doesn't work with media hype & propaganda,he simply gets the job done

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:58pm On May 11, 2013
I have been looking for some good news and i found one today. Gov Obi will be remembered by the state as the Gov, who started the remodernising of Anambra State. With dat said, I still want my Second Naija Bridge and a much bigger river port.
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by Obiagu1(m): 9:16pm On May 11, 2013
Peter Obi is a manager, I will vote for him again if he is running again.
APGA all the way!
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 11, 2013
No doubt governor Peter Obi has done very well. But what I love most is the HOLISTIC development, consistency and simplicity. We must not forget that he's virtually building Anambra state from ground zero
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by IGBOSON1: 11:01pm On May 11, 2013
I've seen this website before, and noticed it hasn't been updated: it says three years of the Obi administration, so what happened from then to date? Also the bottom of the website has the date 2011, meaning it's about 2 years it was last visited for updating.

The old stuff on the website is still impressive though (all things considered), but if something is worth doing it's worth doing well; so OP, i'd appreciate you find a way of telling whomever is responsible to provide us with what's been done in the last 3 years.....i'm not buying this your yarn of being a 'neutral' observer wink.
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by alexchiny: 11:08pm On May 11, 2013
If we want to judge Peter by how he developed the 3 main cities of Anambra, then I will score him 50percent. But if we are talking of general development throughout the state, then I'd give him 80 percent. Yall need to take a tour of the rural areas in anambra and see what this man is doing there. This is the first Government in Anambra to be generally felt and its no wonder the man's grassroot support is intimidating!
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by enyice(m): 11:27pm On May 11, 2013
Zona.com:
I admire obi so much but one thing i dislike about him is his noise. He is good at placing bill boards projects but what see on such bill boards are proposed site for bla bla bla. So ma bros, dont be deceived by that website at all. I tuo down, i fu otu obodo di

you want a noise making governor? Visit theodore orji.

My opinion or perception isnt coming from the website posted, i 'v physically seen things for myself and sincerely, am impressed and i'd admonish you all to do the same...

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by naUgotire: 1:47am On May 12, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I've seen this website before, and noticed it hasn't been updated: it says three years of the Obi administration, so what happened from then to date? Also the bottom of the website has the date 2011, meaning it's about 2 years it was last visited for updating.

The old stuff on the website is still impressive though (all things considered), but if something is worth doing it's worth doing well; so OP, i'd appreciate you find a way of telling whomever is responsible to provide us with what's been done in the last 3 years.....i'm not buying this your yarn of being a 'neutral' observer wink.

Whether you believe me or not, God knows I'm telling the truth. I'm a neutral observer. I'm from Anambra state, but I have not been to the state in a long while. My observation was based on what I saw at the site. Pictures don't lie, my friend. Not only that, it buttresses what I have been hearing from my people on the ground, to wit, Peter Obi is quietly doing magnificently well for the state.

And may I thank you for noticing that all these achievements were pre 2011, I did not notice that. So, could you imagine what the state of development would be in 2013? I believe, strongly, that he would have done more for the state. Like I said, forget Fashola, Peter Obi trounces him, mind you, I'm not talking down on Fashola.
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by MrGlobe(m): 9:41am On May 12, 2013
this is absolute rubbish from of of Peter obi paid agents. Anambra state is one of the worst governed states in the country. I dare the op to state any successfully completed STANDARD project in the state. Peter obi is busy running his private business and junketing the globe with state funds. the only governor in Nigeria quietly turning around his state is chime. Peter obi loves publicity and so cannot perform quietly
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by naUgotire: 11:26am On May 12, 2013
Mr. Globe:
this is absolute rubbish from of of Peter obi paid agents. Anambra state is one of the worst governed states in the country. I dare the op to state any successfully completed STANDARD project in the state. Peter obi is busy running his private business and junketing the globe with state funds. the only governor in Nigeria quietly turning around his state is chime. Peter obi loves publicity and so cannot perform quietly

As blind and biased as you are, I doubt you will recognize completed project if it stares directly at your face. Go to the website and see completed projects. Mind you, it was last updated in 2011, so, there are bound to be many more. After checking the site, try and visit Anambra and see things for yourself. It's high time you stopped being anonymous and faceless, and get involved. Anambra is moving onwards despite people like you constituting themselves clogs on the wheels of progress. Going by the antics of detractors like you, Peter Obi must have a million paid agents, as each and every person that has anything good to say about the man, is automatically labeled a paid agent. If acknowledging the good work someone is doing means the person is a paid agent, then, yes, I'm a very happy paid agent of Peter Obi. FOOL!

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by Dansadaumallam(m): 11:52am On May 12, 2013
I want to say that Peter Obi has tried to develop Anambra.I studied at NAU awka and when I went back to school in 2011 to collect my certificate, I nearly lost my way as every road has changed 90% or is changing.
Another suprise was that the citizens there have developed their old houses and everything has become new. Progress is what we are praying for in the land. Obi,fashola ,chime, are on track but the worst state is Akwaibom if one should consider their monthly income. Rated on a scale with available income at per,Rivers and bayelsa and akwaibom are jokers compared to Imo ,Abia and Jigawa
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by FreeGlobe(f): 12:39pm On May 12, 2013
na U go tire:

As blind and biased as you are, I doubt you will recognize completed project if it stares directly at your face. Go to the website and see completed projects. Mind you, it was last updated in 2011, so, there are bound to be many more. After checking the site, try and visit Anambra and see things for yourself. It's high time you stopped being anonymous and faceless, and get involved. Anambra is moving onwards despite people like you constituting themselves clogs on the wheels of progress. Going by the antics of detractors like you, Peter Obi must have a million paid agents, as each and every person that has anything good to say about the man, is automatically labeled a paid agent. If acknowledging the good work someone is doing means the person is a paid agent, then, yes, I'm a very happy paid agent of Peter Obi. FOOL!
There are not many of you paid agents of Peter obi on nairaland and we know you. Am still waiting for you to give face to any standard completed project of Peter obi by naming them. Peter obi is a fraud. Every body hates him in the state that is why he could not lead his party to win one senatorial seat. I have nothing much to say to an idiiiot like you except for you to reread my earlier post and go kill yourself.your propaganda falls flat again.
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by harmless011: 1:40pm On May 12, 2013
Dansadaumallam: I want to say that Peter Obi has tried to develop Anambra.I studied at NAU awka and when I went back to school in 2011 to collect my certificate, I nearly lost my way as every road has changed 90% or is changing.
Another suprise was that the citizens there have developed their old houses and everything has become new. Progress is what we are praying for in the land. Obi,fashola ,chime, are on track but the worst state is Akwaibom if one should consider their monthly income. Rated on a scale with available income at per,Rivers and bayelsa and akwaibom are jokers compared to Imo ,Abia and Jigawa

Please remove Abia state from that, list thank you; you said that akwaibom is the worst governed state probably you have never been to akwaibom state.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by muktarl: 2:34pm On May 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
The rants of a lunatic. I still stand by my first post. State one standard completed Peter obi project in 8 years

Everybody cannot be lying at the same time. If 5 people are saying that a particular thing is white while only you is saying that it is black, that means there is saw dust in your eyes or that you have hardened your heart not to see through. Am not from SE but there are 5 frontline governors presently in Nigeria that even Worldbank/MDG respects in terms of performance: Lagos, Anambra, Cross River, Jigawa and Rivers. Do your research and save yourself from this embarrasment. Gaskiya
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by seunfly: 3:13pm On May 12, 2013
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by FreeGlobe(f): 3:26pm On May 12, 2013
muktarl:

Everybody cannot be lying at the same time. If 5 people are saying that a particular thing is white while only you is saying that it is black, that means there is saw dust in your eyes or that you have hardened your heart not to see through. Am not from SE but there are 5 frontline governors presently in Nigeria that even Worldbank/MDG respects in terms of performance: Lagos, Anambra, Cross River, Jigawa and Rivers. Do your research and save yourself from this embarrasment. Gaskiya
lol. if everybody means nairaland paid Peter obi agents then you are right. Its a different story in Anambra state. it is a known fact that Chris Ngige's 3 years trumps Peter Obi's dormant 8 years by miles. The absence of Edo and Akwa Ibom from your list of performing state shows you are a joker.
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by muktarl: 3:36pm On May 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:
lol. if everybody means nairaland paid Peter obi agents then you are right. Its a different story in Anambra state. it is a known fact that Chris Ngige's 3 years trumps Peter Obi's dormant 8 years by miles. The absence of Edo and Akwa Ibom from your list of performing state shows you are a joker.

Am not disputing that Edo and Akwaibom are performing. Oshiomole is among the decent and prudent governors in Nigeria today. Akpabio is on the other hand a trailbrazer, although he has so much money in his treasury that he could buy anybody passing (MR BIGS) lol. He has equally tried in lifting once timid Akwaibom and given them a sense of pride.
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by enyice(m): 5:10pm On May 12, 2013
FreeGlobe:

I refuse to buy into your brand of idiocy and am tagged a paid agent?! Hw ridiculous.

I am no anambarian, and i schooled in dat state for over 6yrs, as a matter of fact, i am currently there for a post-graduate program, hence i do not need to be told about how democracy has been dispensed in that state.

Take this from me, i posses a progressive mind and i acknowledge progress whereva i deem fit and i wouldnt be cowed by your ilk who will never see anything good in an administration because of your blind hatred for the person in charge.

Whatever you say from now henceforth is your opinion and urs alone... Plz dont attempt dragin me into it or branding me if i decline.
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 12, 2013
Well, I've not been to Anambra in a while, and so I can't say how well Obi has performed. I can't rate him based on some website; one would need to visit the state to see things first-hand.
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by Paschal007: 7:06pm On May 12, 2013
Anambra is not going anywhere. The state is stagnant if anything it's going backwards. I don't know where all these people probably not living in Anambra get the idea that Obi is doing Anything.

OP all you have to do is mesmerize us with pictures Obi's achievement since he has been in charge for 8 or is it 9yrs now? (I wonder why they never bring any evidence when they claim he's working.) That should be a work in the park for you. 8yrs no be beans.
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by bisi16(m): 8:32pm On May 12, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Dnt mind him. I live in Anambra and there is no such thngs as quietly transforming Anambra. If him dey transform, him 4 dey popular like Fashola. We can "see" Lagos bn transformed. Blaady otimkpu!
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by muktarl: 8:34pm On May 12, 2013
enyice:

I refuse to buy into your brand of idiocy and am tagged a paid agent?! Hw ridiculous.

I am no anambarian, and i schooled in dat state for over 6yrs, as a matter of fact, i am currently there for a post-graduate program, hence i do not need to be told about how democracy has been dispensed in that state.

Take this from me, i posses a progressive mind and i acknowledge progress whereva i deem fit and i wouldnt be cowed by your ilk who will never see anything good in an administration because of your blind hatred for the person in charge.

Whatever you say from now henceforth is your opinion and urs alone... Plz dont attempt dragin me into it or branding me if i decline.

Some people cannot see beyond their nose. That is the fact. I will keep saying it from the roof top Obi remains among the 5 best performing governors. Development goes beyond mere construction of road which Obi has done even up to the remotest community in the state more than most other governors. He is among the very few governors that are rated high on MDG project implementation by the world bank. He has developed all sectors of the economy: viz: Industrialization, Health, Education, Agriculture, Urban/rural development, Human resource development. etc. Am yet to see one governor in the southern Nigeria who has attracted more investments including FDIs worth billions of naira than Obi in the last 5years. Note that he has done all these without borrowing a penny, because of his fiscal responsibility. Today I read that the state is not owing any bank whatsoever just like other states do.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by naUgotire: 12:43am On May 13, 2013
muktarl:

Some people cannot see beyond their nose. That is the fact. I will keep saying it from the roof top Obi remains among the 5 best performing governors. Development goes beyond mere construction of road which Obi has done even up to the remotest community in the state more than most other governors. He is among the very few governors that are rated high on MDG project implementation by the world bank. He has developed all sectors of the economy: viz: Industrialization, Health, Education, Agriculture, Urban/rural development, Human resource development. etc. Am yet to see one governor in the southern Nigeria who has attracted more investments including FDIs worth billions of naira than Obi in the last 5years. Note that he has done all these without borrowing a penny, because of his fiscal responsibility. Today I read that the state is not owing any bank whatsoever just like other states do.

Thank you my broda. You hit the nail on the head, some people cannot actually see beyond their nose, and it's showing on the comments here. Obi has been able to achieve all these milestones with the meager allocation the states gets. And to top it all, Anambra state is the least indebted state in the federation. Obi has so far made sure that the state is not burdened with massive debt after he leaves office. This is quite contrary to what is happening in most state, where governors are competing with each other on who will borrow the most money from the banks and other sources.
Re: Anambra State Is Quietly Going Places!!! by felixtare(m): 9:24am On May 13, 2013
obi is seriously transforming anambra state

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Angry With Akpabio, Others / Dangote Falls In Forbes Ranking, Now 26th Richest In The World. / Buhari Cabinet In 1984: Is Buhari An Ethno-religious Fascist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.