Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? (3756 Views)

Where Did Our Forefathers Go? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:00pm On May 12, 2013
obadiah777: OOKKKKKKK FOLYKAZE >>>>> YABA LEFT grin

PROPHET OBADIAH, WHATS WRONG? NORTH KOREA NOT FIGHTING USA AGAIN. IS YOUR PROPHECY FALSE?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Kay17: 6:25pm On May 12, 2013
striktlymi:

Hallo Kay,

Sorry that I am just attending to this...my health has been a major challenge...

The question really would be how did the Patriarchs make heaven without knowing Christ? Jesus informed us that we need two things to make heaven...Baptism and good works...the patriarchs only had good works while on Earth.

Before anyone can make heaven the knowledge of Christ is needed but not necessarily here on Earth...this knowledge of Christ can be remedied after the life here on Earth but everyone who makes heaven MUST be good in line with right conscience.

But the good works of man, is like rags before God. Man is incapable of true righteousness.

Sorry about your health, wish you speedy recovery.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 12, 2013
Kay 17:

But the good works of man, is like rags before God. Man is incapable of true righteousness.

The above is correct...anyone who makes heaven does so by the grace of God but this does not excuse man from doing what is right. The good deeds of man is made whole and acceptable before God by Christ through the cross.

Kay 17:
Sorry about your health, wish you speedy recovery.

Thanks man!
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:34pm On May 12, 2013
To all that v contributed to this thread, thanks. I m getting the answer.
FOLYKAZE: .
You were invited but not to derail this thread.
This is your last warning!
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by nnofaith: 8:39pm On May 12, 2013
@op
when your god was creating religion in isreal he didnt think it was important to tell the africans,asians,amerindians etc. so why should he judge them?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by frank317: 10:30pm On May 12, 2013
this question by the OP is a very important one and i am yet to see a satisfactory answer.

perhaps i should repeat the question from my own point of view:

will our fore father go to hell or heaven?
especially since most of them were already alive after the coming and going of Jesus Christ.
they are also like people in Asia who have never heard of Jesus till date or those who died recently.

pls back ur answers with scriptures and not just what u think.

like someone said why should they believe Jesus Christ died for them when God chose to reveal himself only to the Israelites? shouldn't it have been wise for God to reveal himself to the whole world?
am i supposed to believe that God loves so much drama?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 12, 2013
Padipadi: Pls explain better in simple format. Just for the meek in faith. Pls!

They will be judge by the laws that governed their communities at that time in-line with the good law of Christ. Remember Christ came to fulfill the law
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Kay17: 10:41pm On May 12, 2013
sadeiyare:

They will be judge by the laws that governed their communities at that time in-line with the good law of Christ. Remember Christ came to fulfill the law

It implies Jesus lied when he said he was the ONLY way to the Kingdom.

What about barbaric laws? Will ppl be judged against such laws?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 12, 2013
Kay 17:

It implies Jesus lied when he said he was the ONLY way to the Kingdom.

What about barbaric laws? Will ppl be judged against such laws?

Yes He is and He did not lie, Jesus represent the truth and living the truth is the only way to Heaven.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

PROPHET OBADIAH, WHATS WRONG? NORTH KOREA NOT FIGHTING USA AGAIN. IS YOUR PROPHECY FALSE?
ITS GOING ON RELAX. KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE SYRIA SITUATION. ITS HEATING UP. WHATS GOING TO EVENTUALLY HAPPEN IS RUSSIA-NORTH KOREA-CHINA VS AMERICA AND ISRAEL. THEN OTHER COUNTRIES WILL START TAKING SIDES BASED ON THEIR INTERESTS AFTER THAT. ITS FINNA GO DOWN
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by shdemidemi(m): 12:14am On May 13, 2013
There is a doctrine of election. God elected the nation of Israel after man transgressed,therefore, anyone that was not a Jew before Christ is condemned. After the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, the tables changed and gave room to believers in Christ. According to the doctrine of election, man can't and man don't choose God; God choose man to himself. The scriptures says 'on the day of God's power,His people shall be willing'. As hard as it may seem, anyone that does not believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ is condemned, because Christ is the only way to God.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

From the above quote,the only power to salvation is by believing the gospel.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Kay17: 7:59am On May 13, 2013
sadeiyare:

Yes He is and He did not lie, Jesus represent the truth and living the truth is the only way to Heaven.

So how are our forefathers supposed to know Jesus Christ.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 8:08am On May 13, 2013
Kay 17:

So how are our forefathers supposed to know Jesus Christ.

Just the same way Abraham know Him, remember Jesus said Abraham saw my day and was glad.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by dridowu: 8:56am On May 13, 2013
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Kay17: 9:16am On May 13, 2013
sadeiyare:

Just the same way Abraham know Him, remember Jesus said Abraham saw my day and was glad.

Pls bible verse. And how and in what manner did Abraham recognize Jesus Christ.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by shdemidemi(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2013
sadeiyare:

Abraham was called and chosen by Christ. The promise was made to only him and his lineage, and not to our forefathers.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by sucessful1: 12:14pm On May 13, 2013
sadeiyare:

What was Jesus position concerning slave trade and traders?he was busy fighting money changers.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by nnofaith: 1:50pm On May 13, 2013
why didnt god reveal himself to everybody? why only isrealites?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 13, 2013
This is why one has to open his brain to reason.....

The reason that the author of this thread is struggling with this question is that he realises that he is not a Jew but Jesus was a Jew and Yahweh is a Jewish God.

This is what happens when you go and imbibe a foreign religion.......

You see, an serious minded and inquisitive person would ask what was God/Jesus doing about people in West Africa or East Asia during Jesus's time on earth? If Jesus was the only way to heaven, why didnt he tell everyone? He had to tell the Jews, then some Arabs, then some Europeans, Then some Americans and finally Sub-Saharan Africans......

Why not tell everyone at once?

Because, Yahweh is as false as Sango, Obatala or Zeus. Yahweh for Jews; A Jewish god for Jews, A Yoruba god for Yorubas, A Greek god for the Greeks.....

There is no hell or heaven. These are man made concepts made to scare people into accepting their religion.

1 Like

Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:00pm On May 13, 2013
FOLYKAZE: You are greatly deluded
Not necessary you accept my words, dont forget you invite non-christian.
|
After considering diff opinions, I v come to a logical conclusion.
I believe that God ll judge our forefathers who didn't know Jesus based on their deeds. Yeah!
I also believe that the Bible is true, including Heaven & Hell.
---------------------
Last Bullet: Honestly, I v nothing to lose on the Judgement day if Jesus is not real but alot to lose if I ignore the gospel of Jesus after hearing it & later found out that Heaven & Hell is real. Yummy, I can't afford to miss Paradise.
I v wisely chosen Christianity in order to be on the safe side.
Peace.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 02, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: After considering diff opinions, I v come to a logical conclusion.
I believe that God ll judge our forefathers who didn't know Jesus based on their deeds. Yeah!
---------------------
Last Bullet: Honestly, I v nothing to lose on the Judgement day if Jesus is not real but alot to lose if I ignore the gospel of Jesus after hearing it & later found out that Heaven & Hell is real. Yummy, I can't afford to miss Paradise.
Peace.

Did you really choose Christianity? Or were you born into a Christian family? Would you have said the same thing if you were born into a Muslim family? Or a Budhist one? Or did God specifically select people to be Christians while ignoring the millions of others everywhere. I need some answers please.

2 Likes

Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by MrTroll(m): 11:06am On Jul 02, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: After considering diff opinions, I v come to a logical conclusion.
---------------------
Peace.
you already had your answer before opening the thread.
Lastbullet: your conclusion was not logical.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 02, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: This thread is for Christians. Non Christians with meaningful contributions can also join. But pls don't derail the thread else I ll report you to the mods & you ll be dealth with seriously.
-----------------------
Fellow Christian brethrens, happy sunday to you all. There's this thought that often revolve in my mind. I decided to bring it online today. Maybe I ll get an anwers or more understanding to it. It goes thus:
Centuries ago, African Ancentors all practised traditional religion. They have their gods which they call upon. They practiced their own belief. They did not have the opportunity to hear the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Some of them did good things while some were evil. But they died without knowing Christ.
My question now is: Where is their soul going to? Is it Heaven or Hell? Cos they do not know Jesus unlike present day Africans.
Meaningful contributions needed ASAP!
The mods can also help to move this to the Frontpage in order to reach more viewers & contributors.
YOUR FORE-FATHER, OKIKI OLUWA IS IN HELL IF HE IS AS LOQUACIOUS AND BELLIGERENT AND STIFF NECKED AS YOU ARE. grin

1 Like

Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Emusan(m): 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
Very interesting! I will reply later.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Emusan(m): 8:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
At the OP let's read these two verses together Math 27:52-53 "And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many".

According to Bible scholars they believed through these verses that when Jesus died, He didn't rest in His dead position but to preach to those who didn't know God in their lifetime and those who believes in His teaching were resurrected with Him in that verse 53.

Shallom!
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
Thread Re-Opened!
Emusan: According to Bible scholars they believed through these verses that when Jesus died, He didn't rest in His dead position but to preach to those who didn't know God in their lifetime and those who believes in His teaching were resurrected with Him in that verse 53.
Shallom!
Hm! What about the African ancestors that died after the resurrection of Jesus Christ. You know, Christianity is not up to 500 years in Nigeria. The ancestors of the Yorubas, Ibos, Hausas etc Kingdoms that existed over 1000-2000 years ago were idol worshippers. Where ll their soul go to?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by bayo6(m): 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2013
Unfortunately most of us tend to place ourselves in the position of God to determine who is fit for heaven or hell.If one makes it to heaven and finds likes of Idi Amin, Adolf Hitler or that King of England who beheaded his wife to satisfy bible "one man one wife". What do i make of that.What we should worry more about our self and not others.Read job 11:7 in fact read as often as possible the book of Job. This i term life from A to Z.All his three friends were men with deep spiritual experience and understanding yet failed woefully by accusing God of Miss deed.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Emusan(m): 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Thread Re-Opened!
Hm! What about the African ancestors that died after the resurrection of Jesus Christ. You know, Christianity is not up to 500 years in Nigeria. The ancestors of the Yorubas, Ibos, Hausas etc Kingdoms that existed over 1000-2000 years ago were idol worshippers. Where ll their soul go to?

Christians will continue to have difficulty with people's of the world when they fail to read the 'word of God' with the help of the Holyspirit.

Like some people have said earlier our forefathers who has done good work will go to heaven is totally right but they must hear the voice of Jesus first.

Let's see the book of John; "John 5:25-29; 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

At verse 25-bolded; made us to understand that Jesus will raise His voice unto the dead and they shall hear Him, and they that hear shall live.

At second bold- verses 28-29 made us to understand that the dead shall surely hear His voice (at the beginning of verse 29 this phrase appear "And shall come forth...."wink which means after they hear the voice of Jesus they will also come out from their dead position. Then the remaining sentence in verse 29 completed it all "...they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation".

Immediately Jesus was glorified everything begin to manifest that's what happen in Mathew 27:52-53 I quoted qbove. The voice of Jesus is still crying in the grave today to those who haven't received the gospel before they died.

That's why Jesus has commanded us to go into the world and preach the gospel.

Jesus said in; John 15:22 "If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin".

And finally, Jesus said in; Math 24:16 "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

The voice of Jesus that is shouting in the grave and the voice of christians(either to make money or not) shouting in the street, media, social netwrok e.t.c shall fulfilled the promise of that Mathew 24:14.

Shalom!
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
The ancestors that knew nothing about God and Jesus which is essential for salvation will be resurrected. (acts24:15) and they will have the opportunity to show whether they 'll follow divine direction or not. After the thousand year, the devil will be let loose to test them including other righteous ones. Rev.20:7, 8. After this, satan will be wiped out forever wit doz he got. Verse 10,14.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by MrTroll(m): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
What am I doing in this thread? I miss road oOoº°˚ ˚°ºoOo cheesy
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by nnofaith: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
JMAN05: The ancestors that knew nothing about God and Jesus which is essential for salvation will be resurrected. (acts24:15) and they will have the opportunity to show whether they 'll follow divine direction or not. After the thousand year, the devil will be let loose to test them including other righteous ones. Rev.20:7, 8. After this, satan will be wiped out forever wit doz he got. Verse 10,14.
tales by moonlight!
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
Emusan:
Let's see the book of John; [color=blue]"John 5:25-29; 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
Shalom!
Whao! Thanks for this insightful post.
I ll contact Bible scholars for more.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deeperlife Bible Church And Mountain Of Fire In One Package / Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? / Muhammad Alee Jabata Is Never A Takfiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.