Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Where Did Our Forefathers Go? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Our Forefathers Go? (4914 Views)

How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? / Our Forefathers Or Fraud? / What Will Happen To Our Forefathers Who Died Without Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
Obviously Christianity did not hit these shores until our colonial masters arrived.

So I'll like to ask where our Forefathers went because they obviously didn't worship God.

And if they went to hell isn't that a little bit unfair?

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by divinehand2003(m): 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that who so ever believed in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Dear OP, those our forefathers who are so unfortunate to hear about and receive Christ are in HELL cooling off.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
Do you that our forefathers (some) served God? They lived upright, they were faithful to the creator. Most of them believe there's a supreme being and they were always thankful to Him.

Well, i think those who lived upright will go to hell sha ie Abraham walked with God and he went to heaven
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:
For God so lived the world that he gave his only begotten son that who so ever believed in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

Dear OP, those our forefathers who are so unfortunate to hear about and receive Christ are in HELL cooling off.
I don't totally agree with you. How about Abraham, Moses, Elijah etc? Will you now say they all went to hell ?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by divinehand2003(m): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I don't totally agree with you. How about Abraham, Moses, Elijah etc? Will you now say they all went to hell ?

Old testament era before Christ was quite different and besides our forefathers who lived in the New testament time are dealt according to their believe in Christ Jesus.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by ammyluv2002(f): 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:

Old testament era before Christ was quite different and besides our forefathers who lived in the New testament time are dealt according to their believe in Christ Jesus.
You didn't get the question. As in what happened to those our forefathers who never received Christ before Christianity came to them?

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by menesheh(m): 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that who so ever believed in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

You are immoral person by saying a thing like that.

3 Likes

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by menesheh(m): 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Do you that our forefathers (some) served God? They lived upright, they were faithful to the creator. Most of them believe there's a supreme being and they were always thankful to Him.

Well, i think those who lived upright will go to hell sha ie Abraham walked with God and he went to heaven

What of those who live upright life now but don't believe in jesus?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by ammyluv2002(f): 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2015
menesheh:

What of those who live upright life now but don't believe in jesus?
Well, Christ is the only gateway to heaven for us (Christians) but there are other gateways through which other religions can access heaven (According to their scared books). I'm not to judge other people's religion only God can do that.

We believe(Christians) our faith is the right way, because its written & proven in our scared book (The Bible) while other religions believe their is also the right one, so i will just hold on to my faith and leave others to theirs

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by lanrehamd: 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
Islamically, there was no time on earth when Their is God-sent men (Prophets and Messengers) since the creation of our Forefather/mother (Adam and Awa'u(Eve), even our forefathers will not deny this. As a result, the pious ones will definitely go to Paradise.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by divinehand2003(m): 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
menesheh:

You are immoral person by saying a thing like that.

Lol, but it's the truth my brother
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by divinehand2003(m): 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
ammyluv2002:
You didn't get the question. As in what happened to those our forefathers who never received Christ before Christianity came to them?

Same answer applies to a man who lives in a purely Islamic country or any other place today who never heard about or knew Christ, they are ending up in the lake Of fire.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by ammyluv2002(f): 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:

Same answer applies to a man who lives in a purely Islamic country or any other place today who never heard about or knew Christ, they are ending up in the lake Of fire.
You're not getting it. Is today the days of our forefathers?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by menesheh(m): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Well, Christ is the only gateway to heaven for us (Christians) but there are other gateways through which other religions can access heaven (According to their scared books). I'm not to judge other people's religion only God can do that.

How do you know all these?

We believe(Christians) our faith is the right way, because its written & proven in our scared book (The Bible) while other religions believe their is also the right one, so i will just hold on to my faith and leave others to theirs

It wasn't proven, it was just written and asserted.

Do you feel other religions could be wrong.

If they are all rights, why did you choose only Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:

Isn't that a little unfair though since they are being punished for sth they didn't know about.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by divinehand2003(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
ammyluv2002:
You're not getting it. Is today the days of our forefathers?

Ammy oooo.
Our forefathers are in HELL oooo, where else should they be? PURGATORY OR PARADISE?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by ammyluv2002(f): 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
menesheh:

It is proven and we have felt it. I choose the path that's good for me...i have tested it and i felt really good that i wouldn't bother testing other faiths either than this one.

Just like i said...Only God can answer that question, you can ask Him and He will reveal things to you. We are asked to seek & knock.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by ammyluv2002(f): 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:

Ammy oooo.
Our forefathers are in HELL oooo, where else should they be? PURGATORY OR PARADISE?
grin grin grin grin

Okay oooo.....i rest my case tongue
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by divinehand2003(m): 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
ammyluv2002:
grin grin grin grin

Okay oooo.....i rest my case tongue

Thank you
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
Obviously Christianity did not hit these shores until our colonial masters arrived.

So I'll like to ask where our Forefathers went because they obviously didn't worship God.

They went to be with their Forefathers.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
divinehand2003:

Capital NO.

You believe in Christ, good, go make disciples of all nation. Again, thank God because it was by his grace that you believed.

Now, what will take you to heaven is not just your believe, but your deeds (God "will repay each person according to what they have done Rom 2:6). I think, God is the God of everyone and not just God of Christians. Your fore fathers who pleased God are in heaven chilling. Muslims, Hindus, Pagans, even atheist who please God will go to heaven.

I am glad that I am a Christian that means I need to do more (LK 12:48... to whom much is given) and that does not include judging people of different faiths and believe.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2015
menesheh:

Any time I read your post, I feel the thirst in you. You have the secret feeling, that there might be God somewhere, somehow but you want to be sure.

I can't promise you here that anybody can convince you (because those who believe in His existence are even fighting amongst themselves who is right and who is righter). What I think you should do is ask yourself.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Jozzy4: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2015
ammyluv2002:

Am shocked @ bold , so Abraham went to heaven without Jesus dying for his inherited sin ?

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Jozzy4: 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

Capital NO.

You believe in Christ, good, go make disciples of all nation. Again, thank God because it was by his grace that you believed.

Now, what will take you to heaven is not just your believe, but your deeds (God "will repay each person according to what they have done Rom 2:6). I think, God is the God of everyone and not just God of Christians. Your fore fathers who pleased God are in heaven chilling. Muslims, Hindus, Pagans, even atheist who please God will go to heaven.

I am glad that I am a Christian that means I need to do more (LK 12:48... to whom much is given) and that does not include judging people of different faiths and believe.

... What happen to john 14:6 ? shocked @ underlined

1 Like

Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
Jozzy4:

... What happen to john 14:6 ? shocked @ underlined

Of course, Christ died for all.... na only Christians?
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

God is not unrighteous. They are in hell, but not suffering.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Jozzy4: 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

[s]
Of course, Christ died for all.... na only Christians? [/s]
Dont divert !
Your statement is pagan, hindu , atheist can make heaven , but Jesus said he is the way (john 14:6) but most of these people u mentioned dont belive in anyone called Jesus , thats where the contradiction come in ; if they go to heaven , wont that make Jesus a liar at john 14:6 ?

NOTE : am not saying its not good to be righteous o nor am i condemning anyone , just thinking about john 14:6
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 4:42pm On Sep 07, 2015
JMAN05:

I'm pretty sure you don't even believe what you just said.

According to the Christian definition of hell how can they be there without suffering
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
Jozzy4:

Dont divert !
Your statement is pagan, hindu , atheist can make heaven , but Jesus said he is the way (john 14:6) but most of these people u mentioned dont belive in anyone called Jesus , thats where the contradiction come in ; if they go to heaven , wont that make Jesus a liar at john 14:6 ?

NOTE : am not saying its not good to be righteous o nor am i condemning anyone , just thinking about john 14:6

But Christ died for them too... u think God is wicked?

You just confess that Jesus is lord and go back to do as u like, and go straight to heaven. then someone who didn't confess christ but does what pleases him goes to hell. okay.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
JMAN05:

Mehn... hell not suffering. nawa o
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
ammyluv2002:

Another flawed statement and horrible example. According to the bible story Abraham knew God and even talked with him more than once.

Our forefathers never knew God.
Re: Where Did Our Forefathers Go? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:

Another flawed statement and horrible example. According to the bible story Abraham knew God and even talked with him more than once.

Our forefathers never knew God.

Some of your forefathers knew God. God is one and not two.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biblical Signs Of The End Times / How Can We Experience True Freedom In Christ? / Another Bone Grows In Boys Leg After Tb Joshua Prayer PICS VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.