Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? (3742 Views)

Where Did Our Forefathers Go? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:24am On May 12, 2013
This thread is for Christians. Non Christians with meaningful contributions can also join. But pls don't derail the thread else I ll report you to the mods & you ll be dealth with seriously.
-----------------------
Fellow Christian brethrens, happy sunday to you all. There's this thought that often revolve in my mind. I decided to bring it online today. Maybe I ll get an anwers or more understanding to it. It goes thus:
Centuries ago, African Ancentors all practised traditional religion. They have their gods which they call upon. They practiced their own belief. They did not have the opportunity to hear the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. Some of them did good things while some were evil. But they died without knowing Christ.
My question now is: Where is their soul going to? Is it Heaven or Hell? Cos they do not know Jesus unlike present day Africans.
Meaningful contributions needed ASAP!
The mods can also help to move this to the Frontpage in order to reach more viewers & contributors.

1 Like

Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Padipadi(m): 10:36am On May 12, 2013
Hm! A tough question. Let me seat in a corner & wait for few contributions before writing my view.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Afam4eva(m): 10:38am On May 12, 2013
**Grabs popcorn and sits comfy as the movie is about to start**
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by eriegua83: 10:45am On May 12, 2013
This one na question wen dey make person lie. Oya make una answer I dey wait.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Padipadi(m): 10:46am On May 12, 2013
Afam4eva: **Grabs popcorn and sits comfy as the movie is about to start**
Just like me 2. It's a tough question. I m looking @ it again & again in order to get an anwser or something close.
Meanwhile, @Afam4eva, you care to share your popcorn with me?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by lazchuks(m): 10:47am On May 12, 2013
In the time of ignorance God overlooked Acts 17:30. I believe God will judge them by how much good or evil they did.

1 Like

Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Afam4eva(m): 10:49am On May 12, 2013
lazchuks: In the time of ignorance God overlooked Acts 17:30. I believe God will judge them by how much good or evil they did.
Pls can you tell us the year exactly when God stopped judging based on good and evil and based on whether one accepted Jesus...Don't you also think it's ignorance for Muslims and people of other faiths not to accept Jesus. How will they be judged?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Padipadi(m): 10:56am On May 12, 2013
lazchuks: In the time of ignorance God overlooked Acts 17:30.
Pick up a Bible. Turning to Acts 17:30.
lazchuks: I believe God will judge them by how much good or evil they did.
Even without knowing Christ? I think there's this gospel that says the only part to Heaven is via Christ.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by lazchuks(m): 11:04am On May 12, 2013
After hearing of Christ's redemptive work on the cross and His open invitation to all mankind, the days of ignorance is over. The days of grace takes over the days of ignorance on the acceptance of the invitation.

Pls can you tell us the year exactly when God stopped judging based on good and evil and based on whether one accepted Jesus...Don't you also think it's ignorance for Muslims and people of other faiths not to accept Jesus. How will they be judged?[/quote][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:27am On May 12, 2013
Padipadi: Pick up a Bible. Turning to Acts 17:30.
This part is true. God ll overlook the time of ignorance.
lazchuks: After hearing of Christ's redemptive work on the cross and His open invitation to all mankind, the days of ignorance is over. The days of grace takes over the days of ignorance on the acceptance of the invitation.
Hm! I m learning here. But is the time of ignorance applicable to people like Adam & Eve, Our African idol worshipping Ancestors?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Ozegbe(m): 12:07pm On May 12, 2013
maybe only those who knew and refuse to believe will be judged or he may decide to use his discretion to judge them. Afterall, god once helped a man in the bible because he saw the great sacrifice he made to his gods. The man offered his only son as a sacrifice to his gods to protect him from his enemy when he knew he would lose the battle. Bible scholars can help with the verse, it should be in 2 kings.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 12, 2013
Hey Okiki,

I believe firmly that our fore-fathers who did right in line with sincerity and the principles of right conscience, will definitely make heaven...

1 Like

Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by k2kay(m): 12:17pm On May 12, 2013
They will be judged each according to their conscience

1 Like

Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 12, 2013
DO YOU BELIEVE IN REINCARNATION OR DO YOU THINK IT IS A DOCTRINE OF DEMONS FROM THE PITS OF HELL @ OP
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by lazchuks(m): 12:30pm On May 12, 2013
The fall of man at Eden was the key reason of Christ's first coming. I will say yes it is applicable to Adam & Eve but as for Our African fore fathers I cant categorically say so because many resisted the good news and went as far as killing the messengers.
Okiki_Oluwa: This part is true. God ll overlook the time of ignorance.
Hm! I m learning here. But is the time of ignorance applicable to people like Adam & Eve, Our African idol worshipping Ancestors?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Kay17: 12:34pm On May 12, 2013
If our forefathers can reach Heaven or condemned to Hell by the evil they have done, Christianity falls apart. Jesus said "I'm the only way to the Kingdom" and likewise stressed on the futility of works. That human righteousness is unworthy of God.

Jesus ushers in Grace, condemns the works of men (imperfect righteousness) and claims as redemption himself. If our forefathers can make it to Heaven without Jesus, then Jesus is lying. Christianity is false.

1 Like

Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 12, 2013
Kay 17: If our forefathers can reach Heaven or condemned to Hell by the evil they have done, Christianity falls apart. Jesus said "I'm the only way to the Kingdom" and likewise stressed on the futility of works. That human righteousness is unworthy of God.

Jesus ushers in Grace, condemns the works of men (imperfect righteousness) and claims as redemption himself. If our forefathers can make it to Heaven without Jesus, then Jesus is lying. Christianity is false.

No Kay...Jesus did not lie and the part of Sacred scriptures you quoted is true for all time...
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Kay17: 1:00pm On May 12, 2013
^^

How you harmonize it?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:00pm On May 12, 2013
Our ancestors were eaten by maggots and the decomposed served as nutrient to plants. Maggots were eaten by lizards, plants eaten by herbivorous animal. Lizard were eaten by higher animal. Those food chain are re-cycled from our ancestors days to their children, grand-children and to us. We ate our ancestors and they live in us.

My ancestors live in the body of those living today, they are present in the inorganic matters. They are today fossil. They are in the nature. And we or the product of nature are them.

No Hell or Heaven.

My two cent
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:16pm On May 12, 2013
obadiah777: DO YOU BELIEVE IN REINCARNATION OR DO YOU THINK IT IS A DOCTRINE OF DEMONS FROM THE PITS OF HELL @ OP

Oh yeah, reincarnation works. Those ancestors will be eaten by some lower organism. And the love organism be take over by higher ones. They are passed into generations. Hope you not killing rats in the graveyards? They are eating dead corpse. So you grow with the ancestors in you, and you are products of millions of dead plants and animals.

Reincarnation of Obadiah I believe.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:20pm On May 12, 2013
obadiah777: DO YOU BELIEVE IN REINCARNATION OR DO YOU THINK IT IS A DOCTRINE OF DEMONS FROM THE PITS OF HELL @ OP
I don't believe in reincarnation cos I v not seen an evidence since I was born. The only one that's close is that of Jesus. I chose to believe it for a reason.
FOLYKAZE:
No Hell or Heaven.
My two cent
After reading all your v posted, you murdered it by the last sentence. I believe that Heaven & Hell is real. That's why I created this thread to know the fate of our Ancestors
Kay 17: If our forefathers can make it to Heaven without Jesus, then Jesus is lying. Christianity is false.
Remember we still don't know whether our Forefathers ll make it to Heaven or not. That's the reason for the creation of this thread.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:27pm On May 12, 2013
striktlymi: Hey Okiki,

I believe firmly that our fore-fathers who did right in line with sincerity and the principles of right conscience, will definitely make heaven...

Morality is evolutionary. Whats good today might not be moral tomorrow. Back in those days, some men are mostly warriors, killing and destroying properties, enslaving and barbaric in their nature. Will the same God that says thou shall not kill judge those dead ancestors?

Ancestors in my our land are worship as God. Didn't your God says he will destroy other gods?

Our ancestors are gone and thats all. Their brain holding information about there past is dead and totally destroyed. So judging a zombie is like casting a stick into fire. They dont have consciousness neither are they aware of the judgement or environment. In short, no judgement
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:32pm On May 12, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: After reading all your v posted, you murdered it by the last sentence. I believe that Heaven & Hell is real. That's why I created this thread to know the fate of our Ancestors
Remember we still don't know whether our Forefathers ll make it to Heaven or not. That's the reason for the creation of this thread.

You believe in Hell and Heaven? Pls can you direct me there, I want to take some shot there.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Oh yeah, reincarnation works. Those ancestors will be eaten by some lower organism. And the love organism be take over by higher ones. They are passed into generations. Hope you not killing rats in the graveyards? They are eating dead corpse. So you grow with the ancestors in you, and you are products of millions of dead plants and animals.

Reincarnation of Obadiah I believe.
OOKKKKKKK FOLYKAZE >>>>> YABA LEFT grin
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 12, 2013
Romans.2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Kay17: 3:04pm On May 12, 2013
^^

But is the awareness of Jesus written in the heart of all men?
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by onila(f): 3:11pm On May 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Our ancestors were eaten by maggots and the decomposed served as nutrient to plants. Maggots were eaten by lizards, plants eaten by herbivorous animal. Lizard were eaten by higher animal. Those food chain are re-cycled from our ancestors days to their children, grand-children and to us. We ate our ancestors and they live in us.

My ancestors live in the body of those living today, they are present in the inorganic matters. They are today fossil. They are in the nature. And we or the product of nature are them.

No Hell or Heaven.

My two cent
grin
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:53pm On May 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
You believe in Hell and Heaven? Pls can you direct me there, I want to take some shot there.
That's not a problem. If you wanna go to hell? Just keep sinning. i.e, fornicate, steal, murdrer, lie etc. Refuse to repent & follow the path of Jesus Christ. You ll be given an apartment in hell on the judgement day.
If you wanna go to Heaven, the place of joy. Repent from your sins asap, accept Jesus as your Lord (John 3:16), get a copy of the Bible, seek guidance & more information from the Church of God (I ll recommend Redeemed Christian Church of God, Christ Apostolic Church, Deeper Life, Mountain of Fire & Miracles) in order to remain with Jesus & don't ever go back into sin (backsliding). Shalom...
obadiah777: OOKKKKKKK FOLYKAZE >>>>> YABA LEFT grin
You really know that he came here to just whyne people.

1 Like

Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Padipadi(m): 4:03pm On May 12, 2013
sadeiyare: Romans.2:12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another
Pls explain better in simple format. Just for the meek in faith. Pls!
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Kay17: 4:06pm On May 12, 2013
Jesus said he was the ONLY way to the kingdom, definitely our forefathers can not reach whether or not they are good.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 12, 2013
Kay 17: ^^

How you harmonize it?

Hallo Kay,

Sorry that I am just attending to this...my health has been a major challenge...

The question really would be how did the Patriarchs make heaven without knowing Christ? Jesus informed us that we need two things to make heaven...Baptism and good works...the patriarchs only had good works while on Earth.

Before anyone can make heaven the knowledge of Christ is needed but not necessarily here on Earth...this knowledge of Christ can be remedied after the life here on Earth but everyone who makes heaven MUST be good in line with right conscience.
Re: Will Our Forefathers Go To Heaven or Hell? by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:57pm On May 12, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: That's not a problem. If you wanna go to hell? Just keep sinning. i.e, fornicate, steal, murdrer, lie etc. Refuse to repent & follow the path of Jesus Christ. You ll be given an apartment in hell on the judgement day.

Oh well, at the bold, your God did those stuff. Most pastors found of that are out there today. Most of the prophet in bible did those stuff. Are they going to hell too? The people before Jesus in the bible like enoch and elijah didn't believe in Jesus nor follow his teaching. They make it to heaven, how come pls? From this illustration, your whole ancestors are in hell burning.

If you wanna go to Heaven, the place of joy. Repent from your sins asap, accept Jesus as your Lord (John 3:16), get a copy of the Bible, seek guidance & more information from the Church of God (I ll recommend Redeemed Christian Church of God, Christ Apostolic Church, Deeper Life, Mountain of Fire & Miracles) in order to remain with Jesus & don't ever go back into sin (backsliding). Shalom...

Repent from what? Did Jesus tell you he died for the whole world or you read it in the bible (the perfect edited volume of books from criminals in the wing of catholic)? You are even refering me to read a bible, which bible pls? The catholic bible or the protestant bible or the orthodox bible? You want me to include the apocrypha? Which version is good for reading? King James version or Revised Standard version Or new world translation? Do you know the authors of this books edited them to suit their own doctrine? What the mess are the churches you listed? You mean catholic, anglican, baptist, methodist, cross bearer, Jehovah witness and other christian sect members are not allowed into heaven? So you choose for me new generation churches. Are those old generation churches member hell bond?

You are greatly deluded

You really know that he came here to just whyne people.

Not necessary you accept my words, dont forget you invite non-christian.
|

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muhammad Alee Jabata Is Never A Takfiri / The Truth About Pastor Adeboye’s Resignation As Rccg’s General Overseer / Troll Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.