Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue (996 Views)

Syria Was A Major Source Of Tension Between Turkey / Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 / Nigeria's GDP By Sector - Oil Isn't The Major Source Of Our Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Dospix(m): 2:49pm On May 12, 2013
Although some people might think me a jingoist, but these trivial issues as some people might think it are relevant when rationally discussed. Imagine a Nigeria where Sokoto, Kano, Kastina, yobe etc is endowed with the natural resources enjoyed in the south. Imagine a Nigeria where the whole country is dependent on the north for the generation of revenue.Imagine a Nigeria where our economy might slip to the ground if oil production from the north is on the halt. Would it have been possible for southerners to head some of petroleum and parastatals in the northern part of Nigeria? Would it have been possible for southerns to own 80 percent of oil wells in the north as its the case now? Would it have been possible for some southerners to own lands at the finest business locations in the north as its the case in portharcourt? Would the southern part of Nigeria get the kind of resistance it receives because she is fed up of this scam called Nigeria? Would it have been possible for southerners to work in the oil companies in the north? Would it have been possible for the southerners to accuse the northerners of inequality in revenue dispensation? Would it have been possible to have a refinary in the south;whereas the natural resources is gotten from the north?...i just keep imagining what Nigeria would have looked like;may be all the people down south would have become destitute and beggars...

2 Likes

Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by phantom(m): 2:57pm On May 12, 2013
Whosai....the rest of us would probably be on leashes and chains!

2 Likes

Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Dospix(m): 3:20pm On May 12, 2013
May be we would have been driven out of Nigerian by now.

1 Like

Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by igbeke: 4:08pm On May 12, 2013
I hav always had dis same tots too.
these are d more reasons i tink nigeria is sitting on a timed bomb shud d south wants to leave.

1 Like

Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by ijawcitizen(m): 4:21pm On May 12, 2013
Dospix my brother!
Please don't even imagine it. God in His infinite wisdom didn't even ponder on it for a microsecond before creating it like this, we as images of God should not think it or even imagine it on the contrary.

1 Like

Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Dospix(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2013
I am always tempted to have this kind of imagination because of the very funny things i see happen in this country.

1 Like

Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by mekaboy(m): 6:46pm On May 12, 2013
GOD is wiser than the wisest. He knows what will become of Nigeria.
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by masu: 6:59pm On May 12, 2013
a Fulani friend of my dad also said it bluntly to my dad.

his word is "if we(Fulani's) are the owners of oil in naija, kai everybody go be our slave"
if we have our way we will wipe away Niger deltas and Ibos then take over naija fully"

anyway that statement cost him his friendship with my dad though he careless.
we are not SS that live miles away from them yet they think such ill about them wat abt us MB.

THESE GUYS HAS NO GOOD INTENTION FOR NIGERIA, I CAN SAY IT CLEARLY THAT FULANI HAUSA ARE ON A MISSION.

1 Like

Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Dospix(m): 9:50pm On May 12, 2013
mekaboy: GOD is wiser than the wisest. He knows what will become of Nigeria.
One would only but marvel at the creative perfection of God.
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Igbanibo: 11:20pm On May 12, 2013
The North will split so fast, it will not be funny.
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by ijawcitizen(m): 11:26pm On May 12, 2013
Igbanibo: The North will split so fast, it will not be funny.
Igbanibo Tobra?
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by ChimaAdeoye: 5:12am On May 13, 2013
O'l boy,if the north had to support the rest of Nigeria, they'd either ask everyone to sign an undertaking to become slaves to them or they'll pull out of Nigeria and join their kith and Kin in Niger.

God will not allow the wicked man to have major resources.God does not make a mistake.

1 Like

Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Nobody: 5:26am On May 13, 2013
They'll control the SS/SE as they're doing right now.

No difference really.
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by OneNaira6: 5:30am On May 13, 2013
The whole "one Nigeria" wouldn't even be here anymore. Everybodyhave answered their papa name by now.
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by genxris: 6:29am On May 13, 2013
God is so wise that he didn't allow it to be so o. If it were so let me tell you some of what would have happened
1.No non-northerner will work in the oil compines
2.I doubt if any depot or refinery will be built in the south,well they may build only one in Lagos to serve the whole southern nigeria.
3.The south will only be used as vice presidents of nigeria while the north who owns the national resources will have a permanent seat as the presidents in every election
4.Any day the south protests of marginalisation, their oil allocation will be seized as a punishment
5.No non northerner will be allowed to own a oil well but they may be allowed to do their buisness and trade sha.
6.The country would have been totally islamized and all our forgein partners will be Arab countrys
7.If our agitation become unbearable to the northern leaders, they will simply split the country and form their own oil kingdom.

1 Like

Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Dospix(m): 9:55am On May 13, 2013
genxris: God is so wise that he didn't allow it to be so o. If it were so let me tell you some of what would have happened
1.No non-northerner will work in the oil compines
2.I doubt if any depot or refinery will be built in the south,well they may build only one in Lagos to serve the whole southern nigeria.
3.The south will only be used as vice presidents of nigeria while the north who owns the national resources will have a permanent seat as the presidents in every election
4.Any day the south protests of marginalisation, their oil allocation will be seized as a punishment
5.No non northerner will be allowed to own a oil well but they may be allowed to do their buisness and trade sha.
6.The country would have been totally islamized and all our forgein partners will be Arab countrys
7.If our agitation become unbearable to the northern leaders, they will simply split the country and form their own oil kingdom.
you are soo right.
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by tomakint: 11:40am On May 13, 2013
masu: a Fulani friend of my dad also said it bluntly to my dad.

his word is "if we(Fulani's) are the owners of oil in naija, kai everybody go be our slave"
if we have our way we will wipe away Niger deltas and Ibos then take over naija fully"

we are not SS that live miles away from them yet they think such ill about them wat abt us MB.

THESE GUYS HAS NO GOOD INTENTION FOR NIGERIA, I CAN SAY IT CLEARLY THAT FULANI HAUSA ARE ON A MISSION.
Is it not even demonic that some deranged Southerners here are still championing the return of a Northerner back to the helms of affairs of this Nation!

1 Like

Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by ijawcitizen(m): 12:20pm On May 13, 2013
tomakint:
Is it not even demonic that some deranged Southerners here are still championing the return of a Northerner back to the helms of affairs of this Nation!
Don't mind Amaechi. Just like Asari said, he would be treated like a traitor and a saboteur.
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by byteem: 12:59pm On May 13, 2013
DECEIVE YOURSELVES .... WHO DO YOU THINK CALLS THE SHOTS FOR OWNERSHIP OF OIL BLOCKS.. U MIGHT OWN THE LAND .. BUT THEY OWN THE OIL ALREADY....
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by aurenflani: 1:34pm On May 13, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: O'l boy,if the north had to support the rest of Nigeria, they'd either ask everyone to sign an undertaking to become slaves to them or they'll pull out of Nigeria and join their kith and Kin in Niger.

God will not allow the wicked man to have major resources.God does not make a mistake.

grin grin angry This is what I call inferiority complex in perfect display.
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Baba419(m): 1:38pm On May 13, 2013
GOD FORBID!!!
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Dospix(m): 12:45am On May 14, 2013
Baba419: GOD FORBID!!!
What are you forbidding?
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Xfactoria: 2:33am On May 14, 2013
masu: a Fulani friend of my dad also said it bluntly to my dad.

I have always known this and that is why I don't care if anyone will refer to me as a bigot, I will never vote a fulani man for Presidency in this country. They are all the same - bigoted and trouble making fools, no matter how educated they are.

The fulanis are the problem of the north and by extension, Nigeria. Their coursed father - Uthman Dan Fodio came and destroyed the culture of the Hausas and established them in servitude. The Hausas as they are today are powerless folks who are just being used as pawns by the fulanis.

The day Nigeria solves the fulani problem is the day we'll march into peace and progress.
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by cjrane: 5:26am On May 14, 2013
Osama bin Laden would have been invited to live there and teach terrorism tactics in schools instead of maths and science. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Gamji007: 7:20am On May 14, 2013
I have always been wondering where most nairalanders get their 'gutter' ideas about the affairs of this country. Alas,this thread has shown that most of you guys are members of the Iphone/Ipad generations who know nothing but to play video games, go on face book, and spewing trash on nairaland. Many of you kids have lost the values of education,don't read about your history and culture.
Such attitude is evident in the high malpractice rate and massive failure in WAEC,JAMB etc.

Its so sad for this country
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by sarutobie(m): 8:16am On May 14, 2013
Gamji007: I have always been wondering where most nairalanders get their 'gutter' ideas about the affairs of this country. Alas,this thread has shown that most of you guys are members of the Iphone/Ipad generations who know nothing but to play video games, go on face book, and spewing trash on nairaland. Many of you kids have lost the values of education,don't read about your history and culture.
Such attitude is evident in the high malpractice rate and massive failure in WAEC,JAMB etc.

Its so sad for this country

After all the bile you vomitted,you ended up not making any point relating to the post.
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Itoroetti(m): 9:05am On May 14, 2013
Dospix: May be we would have been driven out of Nigerian by now.

It is not maybe,its a factual statement that we would have been driven out of nigeria.
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by boron10(m): 9:17am On May 14, 2013
As much as I believe the Northerners don't regard human lives, we shouldn't rule out the fact that they are not selfish.

Prior to the discovery of oil in Nigeria, Agriculture was the major sustainer of our economy. Most Agricultural products came from the north and they contributed about 70% of Nigeria GDP.

None of the comments above happened back then and I doubt it will happen had their region still be the main contributor to our GDP
Re: What If:imagine Northern Nigeria As The Major Source Of Nigerians Revenue by Dospix(m): 9:44am On May 14, 2013
boron10: As much as I believe the Northerners don't regard human lives, we shouldn't rule out the fact that they are not selfish.

Prior to the discovery of oil in Nigeria, Agriculture was the major sustainer of our economy. Most Agricultural products came from the north and they contributed about 70% of Nigeria GDP.

None of the comments above happened back then and I doubt it will happen had their region still be the main contributor to our GDP
How would you react to a situation where an individual is not allowed to head certain governmental body in the north because they are christian and not from the northern extraction? What would say about situation where some individuals are forcefully compelled to abandon Christianity for Islam or else miss an opportunity of some watery appointment in the north...i have not dived into this issue because i want to, but rather, because of the xenophobic and extrimistic nature of certain backward individuals in the north.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu To Address British House Of Commons Monday / 6 Trampled To Death As They Scramble For Free Food In Zamfara / I Didn’t Kidnap Briton But Collected Ransom – Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.