Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 (11083 Views)

Militants Threaten Blow-up Of More Oil Installations / Ex-militants Threaten To Blow Up Hijacked Vessel, Expatriates Onboard Over Biafr / Niger Delta Militants Threaten War Should Jonathan Lose Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 8:45am On May 13, 2013
FORMER leaders of Niger Delta militants have warned that they will go back to the creeks if the 2015 presidential election is manipulated to edge out President Goodluck Jonathan.

The ex-militant leaders, who issued the warning while speaking with newsmen in Port Harcourt on Sunday, expressed sadness over an alleged plot to scheme Jonathan out of the 2015 race for the Presidency.

The former militants, who gathered under the auspices of the Niger Delta Ex-agitators Forum and the Association for Non-violence in Niger Delta, said they would see the outcome of the election as an act of God if Jonathan genuinely loses out in 2015.

NDEF President, Mr. Amaibi Ombi, cautioned that it was better to allow for a free and fair election than to manipulate the process in order to scheme out Jonathan.

On the recent comments credited to the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, Mr. Kingsley Kuku, and Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, Ombi insisted that such statements could not be a threat to Nigeria as a country.

Dokubo-Asari had warned that Nigeria would be history if he was arrested for threatening violence in the whole country if Jonathan was not allowed to run a two-term tenure as President.

But Ombi described Dokubo-Asari’s stataement as no threat, but a statement to canvass the need for the President’s critics to allow him (Jonathan) run for two tenures in office.

“We will go back to the creeks if the 2015 presidential election is manipulated to scheme out President Goodluck Jonathan. But if the election is not manipulated, and Jonathan loses out, we would see it as the handiwork of God,” Ombi stressed.

The former militant leader claimed that some politicians, especially those from the North, were using Boko Haram to intimidate Jonathan out of the 2015 presidential election.

“They have been sending Boko Haram to harass and intimidate President Jonathan so that he will withdraw from the 2015 presidential race. Asari’s comment was not a threat; he (Dokubo-Asari) just wanted Nigerians to know that there is a need for Jonathan to go for two tenures,” the ex-fighter emphasised.

In his remark, ANND President, Mr. Kenneth West, cautioned Kuku and Dokubo-Asari against making inflamatory statements but warned against any move to arrest them over their comments on the 2015 general election.

West said some well-known political leaders in the northern part of the country had made similar comments in the past without anybody suggesting that they should be arrested.

He alleged that the corruption began in the North and wondered why nobody raised any dust on corruption when the northerners were in control of government.

“Asari only warned that in 2015, if Jonathan is not elected President, Nigeria will not be one. He was only warning; he was not threatening. If we are talking about corruption, it started from the North,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-ex-militants-threaten-to-resume-violence-in-2015/

1 Like

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by freecocoa(f): 9:27am On May 13, 2013
Abeg they should sharrap and let us hear word, what is their own sef? Its not even as if GEJ is worth voting into power again, having said that, we also don't want a boko haram member as president undecided.

6 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Itoroetti(m): 9:31am On May 13, 2013
Gej will complete his 2 terms in office.we nigerians knows the truth.negative media reports tends to work for this people opposing gej,but the truth must always prevail.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 9:32am On May 13, 2013
I don't take MEND's threat fo granted. I wonder why people who make silly threats shouldn't have been arrested by now. What a sick country!

1 Like

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by freecocoa(f): 9:44am On May 13, 2013
berem: I don't take MEND's threat fo granted. I wonder why people who make silly threats shouldn't have been arrested by now. What a sick country!
It is not news that some people are above the law in this country, so...

1 Like

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by oshyno(m): 10:27am On May 13, 2013
I was just discusing wit a colleague in office n he said GEJ has messed dis country up such dat anybody can just make inflamatery statement without being questioned by SSS. I told him there is no way u can arrest Asari Dokubo for instance wen Kaita has made similer remark yet he wasn't arrested. Buhari, Atiku too all made treeatening statements yet they were nt arrested. GEJ probably didn't want t arrest dem then bcuz that wud av heat up d polity . One thing is clear here, North can't stand being out of power 4 soo long . They hv reached their boiling point n GEJ is just tryn to manage d situation soo it won't brake up d country.

7 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by slimming: 11:16am On May 13, 2013
Only a lazy man will go back to greek
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 11:23am On May 13, 2013
Memoirs to Ojukwu,

Dear Sir,

The threats are still going on!
From North to South and from South to North!

this is 2013, but 2015 has taken the center stage as if it is just next week.

We have being calling on Biafrans still living in the Jihardists country to relocate for their own good, but they have not accepted yet. Maybe after the blood bath in 2015, those of them that will survive will heed the call to leave.

The North want the Presidency at all cost and they have not left anyone in doubt of what will happen if they don't get it.

I will keep you posted.

My regards to all fallen heroes!

7 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 13, 2013
berem: I don't take MEND's threat fo granted. I wonder why people who make silly threats shouldn't have been arrested by now. What a sick country!
Mend and other groups can only thrive under a weak president, where was mend or boko haram when Obj was president. 2015 will tell

16 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 13, 2013
emmydeep:
shut-up you old witch, is your father or any member of your generation more qualified than GEJ? Mind yourself.
Look at this one, only poverty ridden brains spew crap like yours

10 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Idowuogbo(f): 12:30pm On May 13, 2013
freecocoa: See me see wahala o,you are very lucky I'm fasting today, just thank your stars.
grin grin grin
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by nairalad: 12:38pm On May 13, 2013
Why wait until 2015? Isnt it obvious that Joe is loosing out already? Toothless Bulldogs!

9 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by effisyman: 12:58pm On May 13, 2013
After the huge money spent on de-militantrising them.....

Naija..season film without end.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by firstolalekan(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2013
[size=28pt]STUUPID JOBLESS LAZY THIEVES!!![/size]

7 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2013
*before nko?
He will loose genuinely ni.
But either way, u will unleash ur violence.
We knw it's in ur blood!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by olapluto(m): 1:01pm On May 13, 2013
Sometime ago, OBJ gave an interview to al-Jazeera. They asked him what his greatest achievement for 8 years in office was. He say'SECURITY'. Then, I thought what a joke. Today, I eat my words. Security is a reliable measure of a strong presidency. Jomo Gbomo, Abu Qaqa, Ombatse, MEND,etc. Who born them during OBJ tenure?

20 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by iamswizz(m): 1:03pm On May 13, 2013
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by LRNZH(m): 1:04pm On May 13, 2013
Truth is ...

2015 will come, the vampires will appear and do their thing....the chickens will die......shikena

Then 2019 campaign and threats will start immediately.

You're just a spectator at best and victim at worse.

Checking price of land in Accra n Kumasi
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by iamswizz(m): 1:05pm On May 13, 2013
slimming: Only a lazy man will go back to greek
na wa o.. wetin concern greek with creek? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by lacasa: 1:06pm On May 13, 2013
They better start it Cos the Retardeen has already Lost and there's nothing they can do about it.

12 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by ezedolar: 1:08pm On May 13, 2013
Are u sure Nigeria will suvive 2015?

1 Like

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Ramcie(f): 1:10pm On May 13, 2013
MEND threatens to resume violence ba? OK.

Next plz.

1 Like

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by dfolan: 1:11pm On May 13, 2013
in a sane society, the leaders are committed in making lives of their people safer and prosperous, but baboons in the this jungle called Nigeria are fanning the amber of violence, rather than concentrate on delivering the dividend of democracy to people now, they are thinking of 2015, idiots. oh heavenly father pls have mercy on your black children
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by ijawkid(m): 1:12pm On May 13, 2013
Let them return all the amnesty monies they've been given before they revert back to militancy........

I-diots them.........angry.......

2 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Ramcie(f): 1:12pm On May 13, 2013
iamswizz: na wa o.. wetin concern greek with creek? cheesy

LMAO . u wicked sha! "Greek" indeed.
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Pataki: 1:13pm On May 13, 2013
Why wait till 2015, why not start from now? M0r0nic noisemaking beings.

We all know, the North is the heaven for SS/SE people.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 13, 2013
so what will happen if it Is still free and fair and he still loses out ?

1 Like

Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by vizboy(m): 1:17pm On May 13, 2013
[size=150]ok[/size]
Re: Ex-Militants Threaten To Resume Violence In 2015 by Samelfisha(m): 1:18pm On May 13, 2013
They mean to tell mhe nw that if Jonathan loses they wll bee problem, if buhari lose dy wll be blood shed.

It time 4 diz witchcraft to do sumtin oo b4 d gods qet angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Wants SSS To Handover Dasuki For Questioning / Oyo Guber Poll: Governor Makinde Knows Fate Today As Tribunal Delivers Judgement / Sule Lamido: Nigerians Lost In 2015, Not PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.