Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday (11043 Views)

Nigerian Railways Resumes Haulage Of Containers / WIKE Flags Off Operation Zero Potholes With Julius Berger In Port Harcourt. / Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by awodman: 7:41am On Aug 22, 2013
In line with the strategy of continuously increasing its sphere of operations, the Nigerian Railway Corporation will this week Friday, flag off the movement of container freights from APM terminal in Apapa Port to Inland Container Nigeria Ltd (ICNL) depots in Kaduna and Kano.

To set the ball rolling, initially, 20 wagons carrying 20 to 40 containers will be moved per trip with the intention to making 3 trips a week. The commencement of the container traffic will, no doubt, help in decongesting the ports as well as help in facilitating the establishment and use of Inland Container Depots (ICDs) along the track corridors.

The Managing Director of the NRC, Adeseyi Sijuwade, said the container traffic was a strategy demonstrating the carriage ability and readiness of the Corporation to further enhance the development on the nation’s economy and to enter into partnership with organizations that require the services of the Corporation.

In his words “Single train haulage of 20 containers is equivalent to 20 trailers or 40 trucks on the road and this goes a long way to improve the economic, health, safety and environmental sustainability of the nation”, he added. He also said that the Corporation will commission some newly acquired assets which include four 1800HP locomotives and two 100-ton telescopic cranes.

It would be recalled that the Corporation enhanced its passenger carriage capacity recently by flagging off the third weekly Lagos – Kano intercity passenger train and has been maintaining steady increase in its goods and passenger train services

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/08/railways-flags-off-movement-of-container-freights-from-lagos-to-kano/

3 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by ba7man(m): 7:49am On Aug 22, 2013
Wonderful news to wake up to.

The Railway revival continues its upward march and we will surely get there.

Surely, this is good news for everyone. Its now left to Nigerians to ensure the trains don't always arrive at the port empty......If you know what i mean.

2 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by awodman: 7:56am On Aug 22, 2013
ba7man: Wonderful news to wake up to.

The Railway revival continues its upward march and we will surely get there.

Surely, this is good news for everyone. Its now left to Nigerians to ensure the trains don't always arrive at the port empty......If you know what i mean.
Yes bro..FRESH AIR blowing you this early morning cool
..the TRANSFORMATION train is bulldozing its way through
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Freeanijoo(m): 8:13am On Aug 22, 2013
Fresh air mode activated grin tongue cool

4 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by micklplus(m): 8:18am On Aug 22, 2013
Nice one and I must commend the move.

It was like that when I was growing up. I had the opportunity of entering railway compound at Ebute Mette because my father worked there.

On this and in a long while, I must give gEJ a point!
What's good is good, weldone.

6 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 22, 2013
Now i can celebrate this. Locomotive for cargo is acceptable. Good job
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by otokx(m): 8:33am On Aug 22, 2013
Someone should please take pictures on Friday.

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by sawmeon(m): 8:34am On Aug 22, 2013
Just passn by....
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by awodman: 8:38am On Aug 22, 2013
Obiagelli: Now i can celebrate this. Locomotive for cargo is acceptable. Good job
Hope you are enjoying the fresh breeze obiageli...
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Clerverly: 8:40am On Aug 22, 2013
Bad news for my Haulage Business grin Hope they sustain it, as it will largely help to reduce stress on the ill-maintained roads across the country.
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by naptu2: 9:09am On Aug 22, 2013
Where are the people who keep arguing with me that it's not possible to haul containers from APM terminal to Iddo by train?

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 22, 2013
awodman:
Hope you are enjoying the fresh breeze obiageli...
When i see light to power my A/C maybe the fresh air go enter

7 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by naptu2: 11:15am On Aug 22, 2013
Obiagelli:

grin
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
Promise made, Promise kept. GEJ is the promise keeper of our time.

FRESH AIR everywhere you go!

Meanwhile, front page pls

10 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by ba7man(m): 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
Obiagelli:
I swear, na dat one go sure pass.
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by ochejoseph(m): 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
Obiagelli: Now i can celebrate this. Locomotive for cargo is acceptable. Good job
Oby now am happy, the fact that u can be objective in drawing this conclusion calls for celebration . Enjoy yr week
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
ochejoseph:
Oby now am happy, the fact that u can be objective in drawing this conclusion calls for celebration . Enjoy yr week
cool
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by taharqa: 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
awodman:

To set the ball rolling, initially, 20 wagons carrying 20 to 40 containers will be moved per trip with the intention to
making 3 trips a week. The commencement of the
container traffic will, no doubt, help in decongesting the
ports as well as help in facilitating the establishment and
use of Inland Container Depots (ICDs) along the track
corridors

In his words “Single train haulage of 20 containers is
equivalent to 20 trailers or 40 trucks on the road and this
goes a long way to improve the economic, health, safety
and environmental sustainability of the nation”, he added.

Source:businessdayonline.com/2013/08/railways-flags-off-movement-of-container-freights-from-lagos-to-kano/
That is what I am talking about!!!
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by taharqa: 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
awodman:

He also said that the Corporation will commission some
newly acquired assets which include four 1800HP
locomotives and two 100-ton telescopic cranes.

Source:businessdayonline.com/2013/08/railways-flags-off-movement-of-container-freights-from-lagos-to-kano/
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by brainpulse: 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
This Friday? At Apapa port? I work at Tincan I don't see any rail laid close to Apapa port terminal. From PTML Grimaldi jetty to maersk Jetty even around Liverpool area.

Maybe off Apapa port.

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
RotFLMAO

The variety of 'fresh air' slogan you guys come up with cracks me up every single time.
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by publisher(m): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
[size=14pt]Privatization of PHCN is almost 90% complete.

Enugu Airport is now truly international after 40years of promises but no action.

Agriculture is booming,with production at an all time high.

And now movement of container goods by rail has resumed after an almost 30 year lull.

Abeg,even if you hate GEJ,u must accept that this Niggar has really tried in spite of all the horrible distractions meted out to him by Boko haram...and APC.

Well done Mr President.[/size]

38 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by bigx(m): 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
lovely
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by TheMan3: 2:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
Like joke like joke, Jonathan dey try oh... fresh air

2 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Bizibi(m): 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
This is just the begining of good things to come,the more u hate ur president,the more God will guide him to make some changes for this country.

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by omatss: 2:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Mr. President sir, well done. May God almighty strengthen you in all your transformation agenda. Shun all form of distraction and remain focus. 2015, your good work will speak for you. I love you.

2 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by RedMullet: 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
brainpulse: This Friday? At Apapa port? I work at Tincan I don't see any rail laid close to Apapa port terminal. From PTML Grimaldi jetty to maersk Jetty even around Liverpool area.

Maybe off Apapa port.

It should be Apapa Ports and not Tin-Can...you should know that they are basically two ports.

Nice and commendable move ...if it's true.

The Apapa-oshodi road, Ijora Iganmu and the Lagos-Ibadan roads are the most punished roads in Nigeria....courtesy of different forms of articulated trucks laden with different form of cargoes crisscrossing the roads.

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by skimarvel: 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
Aw many likes 4 our able PRESIDO...gud news flooding NAIRALAND FP lately...shey d hater neva shut up ni

3 Likes

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by kennyonthrone(m): 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
R
Sincere 9gerian: Promise made, Promise kept. GEJ is the promise keeper of our time.

Sincere 9gerian: Promise made, Promise kept. GEJ is the promise keeper of our time.

Freeanijoo: Fresh air mode activated grin tongue cool
Farts on u folks much acclaimed fresh air*closes nose nd runs out of thread*
Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by owolabifunke14(f): 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
Freeanijoo: Fresh air mode activated grin tongue cool
I wan dilute the air with mess. If I fart na airfreshner. Are you ready for it.....? grin

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by crackhaus: 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
Good development.

Just an opinion here, why does every major industrial and/or economic boom have to be centralized in lagos by the federal government. I mean sentiments apart, there are tonnes of other ports that can be used optimally to serve their purpose » calabar, benin, warri, port harcourt etc.

We get how lagos is the commercial capital but heck, that is just stuffing up the whole place. Lagos already is the entertainment capital, the financial(banking) capital, the industrial capital, and bad as it may sound, it is also the tourism and culture capital because that is where most tourists land before moving on.

Good development is good if it is diversified and spread across the entirety of Nigeria.

My statistics may not be accurate but I believe that in the US; New York is the financial(banking) capital, California the entertainment capital, Texas the industrial capital, Alaska leads in tourism I think, and so on and so forth...

Yet they complain of over-crowding in Lagos, but why won't there be congestion when in actual fact, Lagos is one of(if not even) the smallest state by land mass south of the River Niger.

#EndOfRant!

1 Like

Re: NRC Flags-off Movement Of Containers From Apapa Port On Friday by Clerverly: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
publisher: [size=14pt]Privatization of PHCN is almost 90% complete.

Enugu Airport is now truly international after 40years of promises but no action.

Agriculture is booming,with production at an all time high.

And now movement of container goods by rail has resumed after an almost 30 year lull.

Abeg,even if you hate GEJ,u must accept that this Niggar has really tried in spite of all the horrible distractions meted out to him by Boko haram...and APC.

Well done Mr President.[/size]

Comedian

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truck Drivers Block Road In Kogi, Protest N10,000 Daily Tax By State Government / Female Suicide Bomber Kills 10 Worshippers In Maiduguri Mosque / President Buhari Has Failed Integrity Test. - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.