Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. (1977 Views)

Jonathan Delivers Opening Address At Hope Global Forum In Atlanta (PHOTOS) / [VIDEO] PHCN! Power Goes Off As Jonathan Delivers Easter Message [download] / An Open Letter To President-Elect Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Elueme: 11:36am On May 13, 2013
@renoomokri: 1200 women have emerged winners of YouWIN2 in fulfillment of the promise President Jonathan made on 13/9/2012, http:///XemED5Krve
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Ngwakwe: 11:38am On May 13, 2013
A wonderful programme by Mr President and the Coordinating Minister

This is a true Nigerian programme we are yawning for, where a Yoruba, Igbo, Efik, Ijaw, Hausa, Fulani etc are listed as winners where they reside, irrespective of their state of origin provided they are law abiding citizens of the State they reside.

President Jonathan, we seek this as norm rather than exception to the rules.

Bravo, SAI Jonathan - Re-elected come 2015

The Institutions of this great Nation will be corrected and made to work on their own before 2019 when you will finish your second term.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 11:50am On May 13, 2013
Really? how is this Youwin program gonna provide jobs for 48 percent of unemployment youths in Nigeria? I heard th other day on the news according to statistics that 32 percent of the 48 percent are unemployable while 16 percent are. What plans does the government have for the unemployable youths and which categories of people fall under the unemployable?
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Ngwakwe: 11:58am On May 13, 2013
Rejoice with those that made the list as if they were members of your family.

It's celebration time for them all and am happy for them.

berem: Really? how is this Youwin program gonna provide jobs for 48 percent of unemployment youths in Nigeria? I heard th other day on the news according to statistics that 32 percent of the 48 percent are unemployable while 16 percent are. What plans does the government have for the unemployable youths and which categories of people fall under the unemployable?
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: Rejoice with those that made the list as if they were members of your family.

Oga! just answer my question. There is no need shying away from the point i just raised.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Ngwakwe: 12:21pm On May 13, 2013
-
Your are trying to derail the thread by that particular question hence my no reply
-

berem: Oga! just answer my question. There is no need shying away from the point i just raised.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 13, 2013
berem: Oga! just answer my question. There is no need shying away from the point i just raised.
The federation purse (national revenue) is divided into two. FG takes half, while states and local govt takes the other half. The YOUWIN and other programmes by FG are short term measures to create jobs with their share of the national revenue. The question now is, how is your state govt creating jobs with their SHARE of the national revenue?
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by obyrich(m): 12:26pm On May 13, 2013
Ngwakwe: Rejoice with those that made the list as if they were members of your family.

Keep dancing Azonto until the "unemployable" youths (if there is anything like that) catch you. 1200 jobs is like a drop in the ocean if all the beneficiaries were drawn from among your Ngwa sisters. My dear brother, Much as I'd love GEJ to run for 2nd tenure, I won't celebrate YOUWIN as a sensible job creation strategy for the youths.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by nairalad: 12:26pm On May 13, 2013
How does this YouWin thing work anyway. How does it benefit Nigerians. How does it help Baga people from their sorrows.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by obyrich(m): 12:38pm On May 13, 2013
berem: Really? how is this Youwin program gonna provide jobs for 48 percent of unemployment youths in Nigeria? I heard th other day on the news according to statistics that 32 percent of the 48 percent are unemployable while 16 percent are. What plans does the government have for the unemployable youths and which categories of people fall under the unemployable?
Berem,my dear there is nothing like an "unemployable" person.We have jobs for unskilled labour even in the USA till tomorrow. It is only a callous and insensitive administration that will label a section of its youths "Unemployable". To me the word sounds more like a bar of prejudice against the unfortunate youths who do not have the wherewithal to acquire the necessary skills needed for white collar jobs. Government should be creative enough to make provisions for their training and not label them unemployable. If government cannot employ them, terrorist can. That word should be deleted from our economic dictionary fast.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 13, 2013
obyrich:
Berem,my dear there is nothing like an "unemployable" person.We have jobs for unskilled labour even in the USA till tomorrow. It is only a callous and insensitive administration that will label a section of its youths "Unemployable". To me the word sounds more like a bar of prejudice against the unfortunate youths who do not have the wherewithal to acquire the necessary skills needed for white collar jobs. Government should be creative enough to make provisions for their training and not label them unemployable. If government cannot employ them, terrorist can. That word should be deleted from our economic dictionary fast.
Thanks for the clarification. I wonder why the government will use the word unemployable to describe such. As far as am concerned every Nigerian has the capability to involve in any type of labour, skilled and semi skilled and unskilled. So why differentiate between employable and unemployable?
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by 2Legit2Qui: 2:10pm On May 13, 2013

You dont think before you type. Think of how many these people will employ, think of the reverbrating effect before you make one silly un informed comment.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Akpangbon: 2:12pm On May 13, 2013

You are very daft in making this comment.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by headtoto: 2:13pm On May 13, 2013

Dont just talk for talking's sake.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by toshacer: 2:18pm On May 13, 2013

Stay there asking questions while others get on with it.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by toshacer: 2:19pm On May 13, 2013
nairalad: How does this YouWin thing work anyway. How does it benefit Nigerians. How does it help Baga people from their sorrows.

dumbest post on NairaLand till date.

https://www.youwin.org.ng/
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by toshacer: 2:22pm On May 13, 2013
obyrich:
Keep dancing Azonto until the "unemployable" youths (if there is anything like that) catch you. 1200 jobs is like a drop in the ocean if all the beneficiaries were drawn from among your Ngwa sisters. My dear brother, Much as I'd love GEJ to run for 2nd tenure, I won't celebrate YOUWIN as a sensible job creation strategy for the youths.

dumb. Of course you wont.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by obonyunmi(f): 2:24pm On May 13, 2013
What is good is good. This is a good initiative, whether you like it or not. Some families will be out of the dungeons of poverty with this scheme you are berating.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 13, 2013
y'all are sick in the brain! i asked a simple question and you dumb azz niggas can't even answer it.If you got nothing to say to my question,just STFU and scram! fuccking dimwits! angry angry angry angry
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by igochopurs(f): 2:39pm On May 13, 2013
Bad belle they worry some people. Never seeing anything good done by government.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by igochopurs(f): 2:40pm On May 13, 2013
berem: y'all are sick in the brain! i asked a simple question and you dumb azz niggas can't even answer it.If you got nothing to say to my question,just STFU and scram! fuccking dimwits! angry angry angry angry

LOL. No be you ask nonsense question?
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Elueme: 2:41pm On May 13, 2013
Some Nigerians will remain sadists as far as GEJ remain president hence why some will yarn scrap concerning this great initiative. I am not a beneficiary and neither do I know any beneficiary but I do know the aim of this programme is self reliance and industrialization hence to create jobs in the long run. This is the best way to go for now if govt wants to empower her citizens to be entrepreneurs and the multiplier effects will be great on the economy. imagine the Alakijas arising through these subventions. imagine the Dangote's that might arise through this programme.! I appreciate this one!
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 13, 2013
obo_nyunmi: What is good is good. This is a good initiative, whether you like it or not. Some families will be out of the dungeons of poverty with this scheme you are berating.
No one says what the government did is bad.all am asking is how are they gonna tackle the ever increasing rate of unemployment? will the Youwin programme be enough to solve it? i need reasonable answers and not throwing insults. angry angry
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 13, 2013
igochopur$:

LOL. No be you ask nonsense question?
if i asked a nonsense question then ignore!
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by MaJBlige(f): 2:55pm On May 13, 2013
berem: if i asked a nonsense question then ignore!

LOL. No one will ignore a nonsense question that is in a public domain.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 13, 2013
smh at some people sha! am expecting people with their brains intact to answer me anyway. no time answering dunces and dullards.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by phantom(m): 3:09pm On May 13, 2013
berem: smh at some people sha! am expecting people with their brains intact to answer me anyway. no time answering dunces and dullards.
i dont why but i still find it really hard to believe you are married with kids.i just have this feeling that you r either ekoile or bluetooths female handle cos honestly your posts are as intelligent as theirs.

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 13, 2013
phantom: i dont why but i still find it really hard to believe you are married with kids.i just have this feeling that you r either ekoile or bluetooths female handle cos honestly your posts are as intelligent as theirs.
Answer my question and stop attacking my personality! I wonder why you guys are derailing this thread.FYI, i didn't disclose my marital status to you or anyone on this forum.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by nwabobo: 3:27pm On May 13, 2013

If you are unemployable as I suspect judging by your resident status on Nairaland, make yourself employable by acquiring skills and maybe, just maybe you may land a job and spend less time on Nairaland.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 13, 2013
nwabobo:

If you are unemployable as I suspect judging by your resident status on Nairaland, make yourself employable by acquiring skills and maybe, just maybe you may land a job and spend less time on Nairaland.
here comes another dunce! who told you am jobless? I can help you upgrade your miserable life if you want. If you don't have answer to my question, just keep shut!

Next dunce please!
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Elueme: 3:44pm On May 13, 2013
phantom: i dont why but i still find it really hard to believe you are married with kids.i just have this feeling that you r either ekoile or bluetooths female handle cos honestly your posts are as intelligent as theirs.
grin grin grin grin grin grin. Make una leave my darling Berem o.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by nwabobo: 3:50pm On May 13, 2013
berem: No one says what the government did is bad.all am asking is how are they gonna tackle the ever increasing rate of unemployment? will the Youwin programme be enough to solve it? i need reasonable answers and not throwing insults. angry angry

Widespread unemployment did not start with this administration. Unemployment has actually dropped under the current administration going by data from World bank, UN and NBS. YOUWIN alone is just a program out of many designed to tackle unemployment and cannot absorb the large number of unemployed Nigerians. Under this government, there has been steady increase in FDI and a lot of companies (both local and multinational) are either setting up or expanding capacity as the government has been keeping to its promise of improving infrastructure.

Nestle just recently opened their 54 billion naira sute in Agbara, Dangote has just secured a $4.2 billion facility to build a refinery, Transcorp has gone into agroprocessing big time with their fruit juice concentrate production facility in Benue state, they are also about to start the production of tomatoe paste. NASCON, a company in which Dangote owns majority shares is also starting the production of tomato paste. Also, with the current privatisation of the offsprings from PHCN and subsequent take over by the foreign investors, we would see a boom in employment akin to the days of the telecom sector. These activities are what in the long run will reduce the rate of unemployment.

Also, they are a lot if skills acquisition centres spread across the country where you can acquire skills at little or no cost but most people are either ignorant of them or as Nigerians feel too big to do 'dirty jobs'. My friend just finished learning soap making with NDE and I've given him the little support I can. My cousin who was unemployed for a long time had to go back to the village to set up a piggery after acquiring the necessary skills and he's doing fine now planning to buy a pick up van for distribution. Years ago, one of my other cousins had to go back to the village from Pirt harcourt to learn manual block moulding and has never regretted it since then. He just completed a modest '3 rooms and parlour'.

People are taking to farming making money while the lazy ones keep waiting for government to spoon feed them.

Nobody in my paternal extended family works for the government or any company even though most of us under 40 are graduates. We chose to be employers and not employees.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of The National Youth Leader Of The PDP / New Speaker Emerges At The Plateau State House Of Assembly. / ___

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.