Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

How Do You Handle Your Supervisor Who Feels Threatened By You? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Handle Your Supervisor Who Feels Threatened By You? (786 Views)

Jobs Threatened By Robots / I Caught My Boss Pant Down With My Supervisor's Wife / How Do You Handle Envy From Co-workers Or Colleagues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Handle Your Supervisor Who Feels Threatened By You? by uboma(m): 12:59pm On May 13, 2013
You are this easy going type of person, always minding your business and doing your job with a passion. But your line supervisor never finds anything good in you. When your Ogas at the top communicates with you directly, he feels bad that he wasn't carried along. Your supervisor is SLIGHTLY above you in grade but you both have the same allowances. Sometimes it can be frustrating working in such an environment. But one has to work. In such scenario, what do you do? How do you really handle him?
Re: How Do You Handle Your Supervisor Who Feels Threatened By You? by Webbullion(m): 3:50pm On May 14, 2015
let him has his way, always make him feel more superior ..that way he feels more relax. and you have less issue with him, but the top management knows the best hands to the work. if they feel more comfortable with then so be it.

Have been in that situation before, my supervisor always puts his hand behind when talking to our PM (Principal Manager) he once saw me with in his office with my legs crosssed and we are poping wine 2gether.. since that time his not been too comfortable.. i simple told him what we are having is outside what we do.. that his my business partner.lol.. but i always acknowledge his presence anytime he comes in
Re: How Do You Handle Your Supervisor Who Feels Threatened By You? by Jumbledwords: 7:08pm On May 14, 2015
uboma:
You are this easy going type of person, always minding your business and doing your job with a passion. But your line supervisor never finds anything good in you. When your Ogas at the top communicates with you directly, he feels bad that he wasn't carried along. Your supervisor is SLIGHTLY above you in grade but you both have the same allowances. Sometimes it can be frustrating working in such an environment. But one has to work. In such scenario, what do you do? How do you really handle him?

With that bolded part, can you blame him?
Whenever the higher-ups tell you things, if it concerns him, tell them to get him involved.

(1) (Reply)

They Loved Your G.P.A. Then They Saw Your Tweets. / Wallpaper Installation Expert needed / A Single Talent Is Not A Ticket To Success In Life. It Must Be Nurtured On A Dai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.