Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,353 members, 7,843,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital (8574 Views)

6 Lions Escape From Nairobi National Park, One Caught (Photo) / Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / South African Officers Caught On Camera Having Sex In A Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by HateGAYbriel: 7:15pm On May 14, 2013
Someone pls warn terry g n denrele that kenya is a no-go area for em now.

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by aniiii(f): 7:34pm On May 14, 2013
''[[''
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 14, 2013
aniiii:

baby, are you hinting something embarassed
Not at all, I think you're sane. undecided
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:03pm On May 14, 2013
Wait o, they "strategised", overpowered guards, scaled walls and some confidently worked out of the gate.........and u all still refer to them as psychos!!
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 14, 2013
vivacious vivi: Wait o, they "strategised", overpowered guards, scaled walls and some confidently worked out of the gate.........and u all still refer to them as psychos!!

They are certainly very intelligent
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by pendo89(f): 9:21pm On May 14, 2013
LOL.
Some of them after escaping, went to hide at a nearby Police station.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by AdoreKIZITO(f): 9:23pm On May 14, 2013
wellmax: 40 mentally ill patients have escaped from a psychiatric hospital in the Kenyan capital Nairobi with only 10 of them returned to the facility, officials said Monday.

“We are now talking of 30 mental patients who are not back. Some have come back on their own volition while some were captured and brought back by their relatives,” police chief Samuel Anampiu said.

Anampiu said two of the escapees went back to the hospital voluntarily while eight others were returned by their families.

The patients overpowered guards and forced open the door of their ward in the Mathari Mental Hospital on Sunday morning.

“Many scaled over the wall and went through Mathare area and a few confident ones used the main gate. When they are traced they should be brought back for their medication,” Anampiu said, adding that all those who escaped were men.

The police chief said that the breakout must have been well planned for it to have had that level of success.

“They must have strategised. It is not possible that without proper planning 75 people can break two doors and more than half of them run away,” he explained.

Kevin Kemboi, an escapee who was returned to the facility by family members, said he escaped after another patient told him that the hospital nurses were on strike.

“I just followed one of the patients … then made my way home. At home I realised the environment was different. I felt like I was being disturbed by snakes and decided to go back. It is the place I need to be,” he said before breaking down into tears.

Anampiu earlier announced that the police had all the details of the escapees which “will make it easy for us to identify them”.

At least 35 others were stopped by guards from leaving after the initial breakout.

The hospital lies close to the sprawling Mathare slum district of Nairobi.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/40-psychiatric-patients-escape-from-kenya-hospital/

Nna nawa!
ur signature is an advertisement.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 12:31am On May 15, 2013
obadiah777: KAILS ARE YOU BY ANY CHANCE FROM KENYA ? undecided

no why?

funny thing is,
i've get confused as kenyan or asked if i am all the time by africans i meet. cheesy
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 12:33am On May 15, 2013
190:

grin grin grin

cool cool grin
you know it's true.

you are not well dear. undecided

190:

Dont you know

shes from nairobi general hospital -

na lie. angry
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 12:34am On May 15, 2013
obadiah777: SHE NEED TO CHECK HERSELF INTO YABA LEFT. THAT WHAT SHE NEED TO DO, SEEING AS SHE ALREADY IN NIGERIA. WE NEED TIGHTER BORDER CONTROL embarassed

shocked shocked shocked angry
na wao. see as 190 and Obadiah777 have allied against me!!

the deception! i shall wooze una back into the year 1996!
nor make i catch una o! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by nmagirl(f): 10:17am On May 15, 2013
DICKtator: No i do not think they is mad.when the president was trravelled there sometimes why we would not seek the light.i feel for you bro.the situation hi what have we been doing is this a chance right meets wrong to be called jamrong. who was taught him how to does it?
Ayama papata symboisis is in my area if you have the kindoh malaysia i have seen before!
grin grin grin grin

sounds as if we have one of the escapees here. That is why we'll pardon you for violating rule #21
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 10:22am On May 15, 2013
*Kails*:

shocked shocked shocked angry
na wao. see as 190 and Obadiah777 have allied against me!!

the deception! i shall wooze una back into the year 1996!
nor make i catch una o! angry angry angry
grin grin grin JUST PLAYIN WITH YA wink

1 Like

Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 10:27am On May 15, 2013
DICKtator: No i do not think they is mad.when the president was trravelled there sometimes why we would not seek the light.i feel for you bro.the situation hi what have we been doing is this a chance right meets wrong to be called jamrong. who was taught him how to does it?
Ayama papata symboisis is in my area if you have the kindoh malaysia i have seen before!
grin grin grin grin
click like if u think he's one of the escapees.
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by addicted268(f): 11:09am On May 15, 2013
Dis one na real prison break o.are u sure michael scoffield was not a patient there?make dem kukuma send alex mahone to go look for d remaining 30. cheesy
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by addicted268(f): 11:17am On May 15, 2013
Hate GAYbriel: Someone pls warn terry g n denrele that kenya is a no-go area for em now.
hahahhahaha,very funny!by mistake their lookalike fit be one of d escapees just like we saw jay Z's lookalike d other day.wahala go dey o. cheesy
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 15, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin grin JUST PLAYIN WITH YA wink

I know babes. smiley
Re: 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital by jpphilips(m): 6:30pm On May 15, 2013
That explains the $illy comments on Nairaland.
hope musiwa is not one of them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inside The £8 Million Mansion Where Robert Mugabe Used To Live / World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa / Video Of Russian Pilot Shot Down By Turkey Getting Lynched By Peaceful Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.