Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,968 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen (9058 Views)

Police Confirms Incidents Of Herdsmen Attack In Rivers State / SARAKI: Code of Conduct Tribunal Refuses Entry Of Journalists Into Its Premises / Entry Of Ethiopian Airlines Into Enugu Will Kill The Aviation Industry- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by Nobody: 1:04am On May 14, 2013
I believe this is one best security decision ever by a governor cool cool cool
DELTA State Governmentsays it has banned new entry of cattle rearers into the state as part of measures to monitor security situations in the state in order to ensure that the state was safe for Deltans and investors.
Secretary to Delta State Government, SSG, Mr. Ovuozourie Macaulay, weekend, when he ran into a robbery scene in broad daylight on Ogwashi-Uku/Kwale Road, which is one of the black spots, where bandits attack motorists and passengers at
random, however, gave assurance that the state government would ensure that criminals were flushed out of the state.
The SSG, who ordered his security team into the bush in search of the criminals, also took part in the rescue operation of the robbery victims, which led to the rescue of one Juliana, who was shot on the
upper arm by the robbers. Another victim, Mrs. Olise Evelyn, said that she lost N200,000 to the robbers, who according to her, were suspected to be Fulani herdsmen, adding that robbery of vehicles, especially traders, was a common occurrence in that axis.
State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Chike Ogeah, had last week, while commenting on the killings in Ogume purportedly carried out by Fulani herdsmen, said that the state government was finding a lasting solution to clashes between herdsmen and villagers, who complained of the destruction of their farmlands and subsequent harassment by the herdsmen.
source: www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/security-delta-bans-entry-of-herdsmen/

17 Likes

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by djustice: 1:23am On May 14, 2013
[quote author=careytommy]I believe this is one best security decision ever by a governor cool cool cool

source: www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/security-delta-bans-entry-of-herdsmen/[/quote
Meanwhile, the arindin houseboy governors in the southwest follow Buhari the Fulani butcher, like the mumu lambs that they are, to the slaughter slab with their foolish owner, Bola Tinubu.

Actually, what should be banned throughout the middlebelt and the south is this nomadic herding of cattle. Immediately!!

13 Likes

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by Dospix(m): 1:24am On May 14, 2013
The herds men are at it again.
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by PREMIERYORUBA: 1:55am On May 14, 2013
Meanwhile, the arindin houseboy governors in the southwest follow Buhari the Fulani butcher, like the mumu lambs that they are, to the slaughter slab with their foolish owner, Bola Tinubu.Actually, what should be banned throughout the middlebelt and the south is this nomadic herding of cattle. Immediately!!

djustice,

really?? i cannot believe you are referring to yoruba governors in those terms. did you actually mean those words or is it the snuff in your bloodstream that got you?

for your information, Buhari and his CPC were the ones that approached ACN for an opposition alliance. ACN is comfortable and secured in its position and states...no shaking! The Northerner need Yoruba politics for approval to take the center seat.

Now, how many people come looking for alliance with Apga? like i said the snuff got you high!

10 Likes

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by OneNaira6: 2:25am On May 14, 2013
first time delta state government done something that makes you so proud. clap, clap. every state in SS, SE and MB should replicate this policy. second right decision by the government in two days. I'm proud. keep it up please. we need right decisions for that state. take care of the people, not your pocket.

9 Likes

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by OneNaira6: 2:27am On May 14, 2013
PREMIER_YORUBA:

djustice,

really?? i cannot believe you are referring to yoruba governors in those terms. did you actually mean those words or is it the snuff in your bloodstream that got you?

for your information, Buhari and his CPC were the ones that approached ACN for an opposition alliance. ACN is comfortable and secured in its position and states...no shaking! The Northerner need Yoruba politics for approval to take the center seat.

Now, how many people come looking for alliance with Apga? like i said the snuff got you high!

cool story. if only it was true.
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by Nobody: 2:30am On May 14, 2013
One_Naira: first time delta state government done something that makes you so proud. clap, clap. every state in SS, SE and MB should replicate this policy. second right decision by the government in two days. I'm proud. keep it up please. we need right decisions for that state. take care of the people, not your pocket.

First time? Wow!
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by okosodo: 5:45am On May 14, 2013
Its good news, Edo should follow
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by abouzaid: 6:11am On May 14, 2013
Enugu state should have done same a long time ago. A lot of armed fulani are pouring into that state from benue and causing so much untold damage and suffering to the ppl. All the states of the south east and south south should vigorously implement this policy directive using their own armed state vigilant service since the police authorities seems to support the fulanis.
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:36am On May 14, 2013
We need not celebrate this convenient ban. There are less restrictive ways of controlling the menacing Fulani. Outright ban is an extreme measure. Should we allow this trend to continue, some states may ban Igbo traders for being potentially too exploitative or for the possibility of selling "fake drugs." The Ijaws could be banned from entering some states because they introduced kidnapping in Nigeria. There is no limit to the mischief and abuse that xenophobic states could use against people they don't like.

This is a dangerous and slippery slope. I am sure there are many more law abiding Fulani that do business than the criminal elements in Delta. Furthermore, the SSG is not a law maker, there is no law on the books that says Fulani herdsmen should not enter Delta and there shouldn't be such law.

A less restrictive way could be registration and or licensing or a form of identification would suffice. As it is now, there is no rational basis for the hysteria against Fulani "herdsmen." No law abiding Nigerian should have his rights infringed or abridged because of irrational fear that some of his people are criminals. There are criminals in every tribe. Moreover, there is no scintilla of evidence that the armed robbers were "Fulani herdsmen" and not ordinary criminals of Fulani extraction.

This ban is pyrrhic because there is no way to enforce it. How do you keep track of "new Fulani herdsmen?" Does Delta state know who comes into the state? The state does not even have a database of natives much less non indigenes. Is the state going to hound every Fulani looking person to find out if he is a menacing "herdsmen."

Which tribe is next? My Igbo brothers from Onitsha who raid the twin city of Asaba to kidnap or for robbery could engender similar ban of non Delta Igbo from coming to Asaba. We need to be careful!

14 Likes

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by AustineE1: 7:39am On May 14, 2013
omonuan: We need not celebrate this convenient ban. There are less restrictive way of controlling the menacing Fulani. Outright ban is an extreme measure. Should we allow this trend to continue, some states may ban Igbo traders for being potentially too exploitative or for the possibility of selling "fake drugs." The Ijaws could be banned from entering some states because they introduced kidnapping in Nigeria. There is no limit to the mischief and abuse that xenophobic states could use against people they don't like. This is a dangerous and slippery slope. I am sure there are many more law abiding Fulani that do business than the criminal elements in Delta. Furthermore, the SSG is not a law maker, there is no law on the books that says Fulani herdsmen should not enter Delta and there shouldn't be such law.

A less restrictive way could be registration and or licensing or a form of identification would suffice. As it is now, there is no rational basis for the hysteria against Fulani "herdsmen." No law abiding Nigerian should have his rights infringed or abridged because of irrational fear that some of his people are criminals. There are criminals in every tribe. Moreover, there is no scintilla of evidence that the armed robbers were "Fulani herdsmen" and not ordinary criminals of Fulani extraction.

This ban is pyrrhic because there is no way to enforce it. How do you keep track of "new Fulani herdsmen?" Does Delta state know who comes into the state? The state does not even have a database of natives much less non indigenes.
...i didnt want to respond to your comment but i think we must take a holistic look at it,agreed Nigeria is a free and secular nation were freedom of movement and association is garanteed!talking about xenophobia,we all know that in our recent past some states e.g Lagos state deported some Nigerians to their various states for constituting nuisances to the state and i guess,that wasn't discriminately because it was by an opposition party state....then we ve also had states who woke up one morning and declared sharia in a country assumed to be secular!by this action,states like Zamfara made islam a state religion,state money were used to build mosque,sponsor muslim clerics,create the state Hibah(security)board and financed with state money,in a supposedly secular nation.As a christian from the south or elsewhere,i can no longer freely drink my beer,or a lady freely putting on her smart trousers to work etc..i think this is more xenophobic than the ban on new cattlemen entering delta state,where the molest,kill and plunder!i also wldnt want to talk about the Mullah that runs our apex bank,who went ahead to introduce islamic banking in a secular nation inspite of opposition from Nigerian christians!Delta state has the absolute right to protect life and properties of it citizens in the state.

49 Likes

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by Nobody: 9:10am On May 14, 2013
Ok
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by Nobody: 9:11am On May 14, 2013
Good for them. There is no smoke without fire. This guys have been constantly known for casuing trouble and violence. Now they're paying for their sins. They shud go back and herd cattle in their villages and kill people from their tribe. Good

1 Like

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by devour129: 9:11am On May 14, 2013
Austine.E:

...i didnt want to respond to your comment but i think we must take a holistic look at it,agreed Nigeria is a free and secular nation were freedom of movement and association is garanteed!talking about xenophobia,we all know that in our recent past some states e.g Lagos state deported some Nigerians to their various states for constituting nuisances to the state and i guess,that wasn't discriminately because it was by an opposition party state....then we ve also had states who woke up one morning and declared sharia in a country assumed to be secular!by this action,states like Zamfara made islam a state religion,state money were used to build mosque,sponsor muslim clerics,create the state Hibah(security)board and financed with state money,in a supposedly secular nation.As a christian from the south or elsewhere,i can no longer freely drink my beer,or a lady freely putting on her smart trousers to work etc..i think this is more xenophobic than the ban on new cattlemen entering delta state,where the molest,kill and plunder!i also wldnt want to talk about the Mullah that runs our apex bank,who went ahead to introduce islamic banking in a secular nation inspite of opposition from Nigerian christians!Delta state has the absolute right to protect life and properties of it citizens in the state.
enuf said! Thank you Austine

3 Likes

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by Nobody: 9:13am On May 14, 2013
Nice move! Those people are freakz, I mean, blood draining psychos!
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by playcharles(m): 9:14am On May 14, 2013
would dat solve issue of security
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by lacasa: 9:16am On May 14, 2013
what an action film grin

#.. The facts about fulani Behaviour; they never antagonise a people, but when you antagonise them or their herd in any way or form, believe me hell hath no fury like a fulani man seeking revenge.

They r a live n let live kind of people. And they certainly do not engage in highway robbery. The state govt should look inward for the real culprits for that, and stop 'suspecting' fulani all the time.

1 Like

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by Burger01(m): 9:22am On May 14, 2013
Dospix: The herds men are at it again.

They constitute nuisance to the society at large..

sad

1 Like

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by rozayx5(m): 9:22am On May 14, 2013
its about time undecided
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by lateef4me(m): 9:22am On May 14, 2013
Every states down South should follow suit for their own good !
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by TRUTHTELA: 9:24am On May 14, 2013
Who brought this TRAGEDY ( AMALGAMATION) to innocent people of other tribes in Nigeria? When will this end?
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by Nobody: 9:24am On May 14, 2013
Ok__Nice move
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by ifyalways(f): 9:24am On May 14, 2013
Lets see how this plays out.Would they comply?what happens if they dont?
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by abujalapdog(m): 9:33am On May 14, 2013
I see with you!!!
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by BarryX(m): 9:35am On May 14, 2013
Please More Ban,Ban and Ban again. The nuisance of these Fulani herdsmen is something else. Even within Asaba, the crowd of these herdsmen around the Hausa quarters , Okwe axis should be well checked to forestall more pathetic stories from emerging from this Nomadic imps. BTW, Must their cattle come to the south what happen to the billions spent on irrigation up North.

1 Like

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by figment232(m): 9:36am On May 14, 2013
omonuan: We need not celebrate this convenient ban. There are less restrictive ways of controlling the menacing Fulani. Outright ban is an extreme measure. Should we allow this trend to continue, some states may ban Igbo traders for being potentially too exploitative or for the possibility of selling "fake drugs." The Ijaws could be banned from entering some states because they introduced kidnapping in Nigeria. There is no limit to the mischief and abuse that xenophobic states could use against people they don't like.

This is a dangerous and slippery slope. I am sure there are many more law abiding Fulani that do business than the criminal elements in Delta. Furthermore, the SSG is not a law maker, there is no law on the books that says Fulani herdsmen should not enter Delta and there shouldn't be such law.

This ban is pyrrhic because there is no way to enforce it. How do you keep track of "new Fulani herdsmen?" Does Delta state know who comes into the state? The state does not even have a database of natives much less non indigenes. Is the state going to hound every Fulani looking person to find out if he is a menacing "herdsmen."

Which tribe is next? My Igbo brothers from Onitsha who raid the twin city of Asaba to kidnap or for robbery could engender similar ban of non Delta Igbo from coming to Asaba. We need to be careful!
Cant you digest the message?War has been declared on Fulani herdsmen. enough of these unnecessary killings and destruction aha!

1 Like

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by TeeSeven(m): 9:38am On May 14, 2013
lacasa: what an action film grin

#.. The facts about fulani Behaviour; they never antagonise a people, but when you antagonise them or their herd in any way or form, believe me hell hath no fury like a fulani man seeking revenge.

They r a live n let live kind of people. And [b][/b]they certainly do not engage in highway robbery. The state govt should look inward for the real culprits for that, and stop 'suspecting' fulani all the time.
At the bolded: I think you know very little about the Fulanis.
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:39am On May 14, 2013
omonuan: We need not celebrate this convenient ban. There are less restrictive ways of controlling the menacing Fulani. Outright ban is an extreme measure. Should we allow this trend to continue, some states may ban Igbo traders for being potentially too exploitative or for the possibility of selling "fake drugs." The Ijaws could be banned from entering some states because they introduced kidnapping in Nigeria. There is no limit to the mischief and abuse that xenophobic states could use against people they don't like.

It is only Igbo piple that sell fake goods and engage in all the kidnapping and robberies in Asaba abi. Guy u need a serious IQ upgrading

2 Likes

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by figment232(m): 9:40am On May 14, 2013
playcharles: would dat solve issue of security
To an extent it would
Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by ogene70: 9:41am On May 14, 2013
TRUTHTELA: Who brought this TRAGEDY ( AMALGAMATION) to innocent people of other tribes in Nigeria? When will this end?

it will end 2014!!!

1 Like

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:42am On May 14, 2013
lacasa: what an action film grin

They r a live n let live kind of people. And they certainly do not engage in highway robbery. The state govt should look inward for the real culprits for that, and stop 'suspecting' fulani all the time.
am not suprise at this comment u are a fulani man and will do everything within ur power to defend them but one day monkey go go market e no go return

1 Like

Re: Security: Delta Bans Entry Of Herdsmen by martinseme: 9:43am On May 14, 2013
conversation between a fulani herdsman and manu the head cow.
fulani man: this people have chased us away from their state waiyo we have to head back home wot a long journey we have home.
manu:master dont worry we shall repay them for this.they will miss milk and meat and will be forced to seek after you and call us back.
fulani man:it wont be that easy, but am not a robber and trouble maker why this harsh punishment .
manu:take heart lets go we shall make it home and be happy there .
fulani man: once am home i shall call my people and tell them of my fate here, wallahi all those inyammiris business people in my home will suffer for this.
manu:i shall join you to deal with them and they shall leave empty handed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hadiza Usman Inspects LADOL, Niger-Dock And African Circle Facilities / Mimiko Secretly Recruiting Workers, Selling Govt. Properties To Cronies – APC / Illegal Declaration: Appeal Court Awards N30m Against Julius Berger, Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.