Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,630 members, 7,958,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency (1802 Views)

Gombe Youths Reject Amina Abubakar-umar As Minister / "Northern Youths" Threaten To "Extinguish" AIT If Buhari Doesn't Win (Letter) / Arewa Youths Reject FG’s N5.8bn Compensation For Post-election Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 14, 2013
By Soni Daniel

Northern youths, Tuesday, lashed out at the Federal Government for slamming state of emergency on three northern states of Adamawa,Borno and Yobe, describing the move as punitive and a serious setback to democracy.

They contended that the declaration of emergency rule in the affected states didnot only negate the recent amnesty committee to dialogue with Boko Haram members but equally showed that the government was insincere in raising the committee in the first place.

This position was shared by the Presidents of the Arewa Consultative Forum, Alhaji Yerima Shettima and his Arewa Youth Forum, Alhaji Gambo Gujungu, in separate interviews with Vanguard.

Shettima, who described the action of the government as a ploy to further humiliate and expose the people of the north to avoidable hardship, regretted that the administration had continued to take actions that deny the people the true benefits of democracy.

The ACF leader, who questioned why Bayelsa State was not included on the list despite the large number of policemen killed by kidnappers and militants in recent weeks, noted that the action was deliberately taken to punish the north.

On the other hand, Gujungu noted that the President should have adopted a political approach to resolve the insurgency problem rather than apply the stringent rule, which he noted, would lead to serious suffering on the part of the citizens of the three states.

“The emergency rule declared in the three states is unfortunate, politically-motivated and totally uncalled for,” he noted.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/state-of-emergency-setback-to-nigerias-democracy-arewa-youths/
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by omiobo: 10:11pm On May 14, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: By Soni Daniel

Northern youths, Tuesday, lashed out at the Federal Government for slamming state of emergency on three northern states of Adamawa,Borno and Yobe, describing the move as punitive and a serious setback to democracy.

They contended that the declaration of emergency rule in the affected states didnot only negate the recent amnesty committee to dialogue with Boko Haram members but equally showed that the government was insincere in raising the committee in the first place.

This position was shared by the Presidents of the Arewa Consultative Forum, Alhaji Yerima Shettima and his Arewa Youth Forum, Alhaji Gambo Gujungu, in separate interviews with Vanguard.

Shettima, who described the action of the government as a ploy to further humiliate and expose the people of the north to avoidable hardship, regretted that the administration had continued to take actions that deny the people the true benefits of democracy.

The ACF leader, who questioned why Bayelsa State was not included on the list despite the large number of policemen killed by kidnappers and militants in recent weeks, noted that the action was deliberately taken to punish the north.

On the other hand, Gujungu noted that the President should have adopted a political approach to resolve the insurgency problem rather than apply the stringent rule, which he noted, would lead to serious suffering on the part of the citizens of the three states.

“The emergency rule declared in the three states is unfortunate, politically-motivated and totally uncalled for,” he noted.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/state-of-emergency-setback-to-nigerias-democracy-arewa-youths/

They should all go to hell.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Tolexander: 10:11pm On May 14, 2013
The ACF leader, who questioned
why Bayelsa State was not
included on the list despite the
large number of policemen killed
by kidnappers and militants in
recent weeks, noted that the
action was deliberately taken to
punish the north.

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 14, 2013
ok nah you still dey blow grammer abi? Make army people catch you for dire. My hand no dey oooh
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by vanbonattel: 10:19pm On May 14, 2013
These people never reacted angryly to Boko attacks?

10 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Gboliwe: 10:25pm On May 14, 2013
omiobo:

They should all go to hell.
And rot for eternity! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by ebucha: 10:40pm On May 14, 2013
Which Northern youth?
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Tolexander: 10:43pm On May 14, 2013
Won't be suprising seeing our feeble president reversing the state of emergency if these northern people make a drastic protest against the decision!

Remember MAULAG and the Fuel subsidy protest!.

Moreover, there should be country of emergency !

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by aljharem(m): 10:46pm On May 14, 2013
This is funny though, I mean if they are surprised at the president's action then they should provide a solution for him.

State of emergency stands until the boko haram either collects amnesty or are fished out

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by aljharem(m): 10:48pm On May 14, 2013
Putting the country in a catch 22. No demands nothing. Rubbish

All options have be exhausted as of now
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Elueme: 10:53pm On May 14, 2013
These Boko haram sympatisers can cry blood, emergency rules stays. I think every non cow thinking person in the affected states should show understanding except these idiots in the name of ACF and AYF. Lest I forget, has that renegade old fool by the name Ango Abdullahi spoken?
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 14, 2013
Visionless youths, they should all go and check their papa cows or at best the should dig their own grave and bury themselves...... Idiotic and bitter souls

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by 13volts(m): 11:01pm On May 14, 2013
The military has enjoyed full access and support of the governments in the affected states. The military also enjoyed the full privileges of using force – many times excessive – on any citizen they without hindrance from the state governments in the past two years.

So what exactly has hindered the military so much that they needed to compel Mr. President to give them a state of emergency to operate under? I am at loss here – completely. What has the state of emergency achieved when it was declared under this regime in some local governments including those now under Boko Haram occupation?

I need to be convinced how declaration of the state of emergency could make Boko Haram an exception.
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by WHees(m): 11:36pm On May 14, 2013
ebucha: Which Northern youth?

Exactly my thought. Why reject SOA? Even though gejs decision is just a reiteration of an existing situation i still have the feeling that this move will yield more fruit, this miscreants has done great harm to our region than you can ever imagine, they are bunch of confused & illiterate sadists who spread mischief & kill anyone that oppose their ideology, they fight for their selfish interest & greed, imagine a mujahideen killing an innocent bank driver just because he wants sharia, what has sharia got to do with robbing banks & killing people? If there was anyone who wants SHEKAU to be captured/KILLED that person will surely be ME. I must commend gejs effort this time cos he made a wise decision, granting amnesty to vagabonds is a mistake we shall not repeat, i wish our soldiers luck & i hope the borno folks will help to make this mission successful one.

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Scarpon(m): 12:30am On May 15, 2013
I guess the boko haram boys are scared already

2 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by FrankC3: 7:11am On May 15, 2013
13volts: The military has enjoyed full access and support of the governments in the affected states. The military also enjoyed the full privileges of using force – many times excessive – on any citizen they without hindrance from the state governments in the past two years.

So what exactly has hindered the military so much that they needed to compel Mr. President to give them a state of emergency to operate under? I am at loss here – completely. What has the state of emergency achieved when it was declared under this regime in some local governments including those now under Boko Haram occupation?

I need to be convinced how declaration of the state of emergency could make Boko Haram an exception.

First of all, it is an intellectual fraud to copy someone else words verbatim and not credit the original author accordingly. That is what you have just done to Dr Tilde, unless you are Dr Tilde.

Secondly, i can logically deduce from that quote that you so much subscribe to as to quote posit that the military has always been in-charge of things in the affected states, so there is nothing that SOE will achieve that is new. The question i should ask you is if you truly mean what you quoted, why are you bothered that what has been in place is officially pronounced by the name it should ordinarily have. According to you, SOE has always been in place. Mr President just called it that name. Why are you bothered.

You belong to the class that play politics with everything, including the security of your home states. In your books, GEJ must be 'proven' to be wrong, at whatever cost. The fact that many of you have failed to acknowledge is that the ONLY 'solution' to BH is when power returns to the north. As long as you people fail to do the right thing, the FG can only work hard to contain BH in the north and not allow its bases spread. That have been the successful mission of the military till date. Now, they have refocused to crush the insurgence totally.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Kairoseki77: 7:44am On May 15, 2013
It must be hard to live under a state of emergency, they get sympathy for that, but what is the govt supposed to do?

It's not the South's fault that crazy people are blowing themselves up all over the North. They need to stop blaming the South, and start fishing out Boko Haram!!

How daft are these Northern "youth" leaders?
If only they spent more money on education up there...
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by idupaul: 8:12am On May 15, 2013
Very Stoopid youths .. GEJ should go further and call a referendum so we can break up from Arewa People .. Enough is Enough
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by homerac7: 8:21am On May 15, 2013
`
13volts: The military has enjoyed full access and support of the governments in the affected states. The military also enjoyed the full privileges of using force – many times excessive – on any citizen they without hindrance from the state governments in the past two years.

I will ignore the accusation of plegiarism agains you for a moment and pretend that this is your original idea.

The differece you seek for is technicalities, simple! The rule of engagement under SOE is different from initial state. The military have more powers and flexibilities. The Baga-like incidence will no more be an abnormality, but normal under SOE. Hence, civil right expectation is lesser and brutal force is nom. If you still dont get it, it is a fancy name to say we are at war in that zone!

Get a script of the president's speech and read carefully, and you ill see the declaration of war.

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Nobody: 8:23am On May 15, 2013
I wonder why the governors and their legislatures were not removed. This is not an absolute state of emergency .

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by oddy4real(m): 8:39am On May 15, 2013
berem: I wonder why the governors and their legislatures were not removed. This is not an absolute state of emergency .
He is acting within the ambits of the Law. That Obasanjo did it doesn't make it Legal!
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by gramci: 8:39am On May 15, 2013
BH youths should brace up for fire for fire.
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by luvinhubby(m): 8:56am On May 15, 2013
OPC in the west is an ally to govt. in crime fighting, bakkassi boys & local youth vigilantes are partnering police against criminals in the south & east.
Abeg northern youths, what have done to expose & curb extremist like BH in the north before you criticise.
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by snowytee(m): 9:04am On May 15, 2013
We are not deceived when u call urselves Arewa youths,as much as we know,u all are Boko Haram members and/or their accomplices.You couldn't speak english when Boko boys had a field day,now u have the temerity to open ur cow dung filled mouths and spew trash abt the President.Wait there o,JTF will soon format that brain of urs.Anuofia

3 Likes

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Nobody: 9:06am On May 15, 2013
Ndi Ara.
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by joeyfire(m): 9:19am On May 15, 2013
ebucha: Which Northern youth?

Took the words outta my mouth bro. They seem to be faceless
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by badmrkt(m): 9:23am On May 15, 2013
berem: I wonder why the governors and their legislatures were not removed. This is not an absolute state of emergency .
you will always find faults in whatever he does.
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by oddy4real(m): 9:29am On May 15, 2013
badmrkt: you will always find faults in whatever he does.
Berem is earning her pay!
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by AZeD1(m): 9:29am On May 15, 2013
I'm with GEJ on this. If we have to bully/invade Chad, Niger and Cameroon to fish out all them boko haram elememts, GEJ has my support.
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Nobody: 9:36am On May 15, 2013
Jonathan is just weak choi ....

Northern Youth kwa .....!!!

Gej shd remove their governors and install military administrators !!!

Holistic Approach is the only solution to Bokoharam

Holistic approach includes; Full Military intervention ; Political and social intervention !!!

We need SNC ASAP !!!
Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by okunboy: 10:50am On May 15, 2013
Some of these Northern 'Youths' are in their. Laye 70s! They are politicians, pay-masters that send these innocent youth to cause mayhem and distabilise the region! I asked so frantically, does it matter which region rule this country?? In as much as true democracy is entrenched and every region can look inward and develop its God giving resources! What should be my problem with the oil in bayelsa, when I have Iron Ore in Kogi!? I can go on and on... But that will be thinking un-nigerian! To think nigerian is to limit mysef to the Oil wealth in d ND! Shame!

1 Like

Re: Northern Youths Reject State Of Emergency by Gamji007: 10:54am On May 15, 2013
ACF and the so called Arewa youths should commend and support the president in this State of emergency rule,instead of condemnation. This killings have been for so long, thanks to the ineffectiveness of this weakling called GEJ. Eventhough I expected all political office holders in the states affected to be suspended (but GEJ is always GEJ- clueless), I just hope this approach is taken seriously and with sincerity.
We all want this crisis to come to an end.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mimiko's Wife To Contest For Senatorial Seat In 2015. / Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday / Pic of The Day:Pres. GEJ In A Military Uniform For Armed Forces Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.