Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,707 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday (1727 Views)

Speaker Aminu Tambuwal Campaigns For Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? / Kano Qualifies For Emergency Rule - Criminologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by Elose11(m): 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has called for the reconvening of the lower chamber on Thursday to consider the request of President Goodluck Jonathan to extend emergency rule in the beleaguered North-East states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe.

A notification by the office of the Speaker issued on Tuesday by his spokesperson, Imam Imam, said: "On Tuesday, 18th November 2014, I received a communication from the President, Commander-in- Chief of the Armed Forces, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, requesting for the extension of the existing State of Emergency in Adamawa , Borno and Yobe States by the House of Representatives.

"Pursuant to the powers conferred on me by Section 305 ( 2 ) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999, which requires me to ‘forthwith convene or arrange a meeting of the House’ and in order to treat the extension before the expiration of the current State of Emergency in accordance with Section 305 (6) (c) of the Constitution, I hereby reconvene the House of Representatives."

I thought the presidency and the IGP said he is no more the Speaker of the house by reason of his defection. Why was the letter from the president addressed to him as the speaker? Or has a negotiated settlement be arrived at? Could this be why Tambuwal withdrew his case from court?
Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
Elose11:
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has called for the reconvening of the lower chamber on Thursday to consider the request of President Goodluck Jonathan to extend emergency rule in the beleaguered North-East states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe.

A notification by the office of the Speaker issued on Tuesday by his spokesperson, Imam Imam, said: "On Tuesday, 18th November 2014, I received a communication from the President, Commander-in- Chief of the Armed Forces, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, requesting for the extension of the existing State of Emergency in Adamawa , Borno and Yobe States by the House of Representatives.

"Pursuant to the powers conferred on me by Section 305 ( 2 ) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999, which requires me to ‘forthwith convene or arrange a meeting of the House’ and in order to treat the extension before the expiration of the current State of Emergency in accordance with Section 305 (6) (c) of the Constitution, I hereby reconvene the House of Representatives."

I thought the presidency and the IGP said he is no more the Speaker of the house by reason of his defection. Why was the letter from the president addressed to him as the speaker? Or has a negotiated settlement be arrived at? Could this be why Tambuwal withdrew his case from court?

the debate on the issue will not hold. Pride will let the once wise guy to reconvene plenary and that would lead to his impeachment. He would be gone before the request could be debated. Enjoy the movie.

1 Like

Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by Pvin: 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
he is still the speker
Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by rutibaby(f): 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ok. Continue.

1 Like

Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by frodobee: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
This is akin to a cancer patient whose doctor has given 60days, but unforturnately had a fatal accident 30days to.

1 Like

Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by tonyot(m): 9:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
just watching...
no comment at all
Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
victorels:

the debate on the issue will not hold. Pride will let the once wise guy to reconvene plenary and that would lead to his impeachment. He would be gone before the request could be debated. Enjoy the movie.

Guy...dem suppose call you Joseph...
Because you can dream ehn.....chai!

No problem...we will see.
Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by aboy247: 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
Pvin:
he is still the speker

yes
Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by Eobiabo(m): 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
Let the script be acted.
Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by Ayomi088(m): 1:15am On Nov 19, 2014
Ok.....noted

1 Like

Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by Lordtrillion(m): 4:34am On Nov 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by kahal29: 5:01am On Nov 19, 2014
Elose11:

www.punchng.com/news/emergency-rule-extension-tambuwal-reconvenes-house-for-special-session-thursday/
Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 19, 2014
Tambuwal say no to fraud called emergency rule
Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by Amanwulu1(m): 6:46am On Nov 19, 2014
studio14:
Tambuwal say no to fraud called emergency rule
e fit?
Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2014
soe:

Guy...dem suppose call you Joseph...
Because you can dream ehn.....chai!

No problem...we will see.
Dreams?
I prefer to call it hope.
The guy might go empty handed.
He might still miss governorship if the current governor move against him.
Re: Emergency Rule: Tambuwal Recovenes House Thursday by Chloekim(m): 7:25am On Nov 19, 2014
By virtue of the constitution of the house of assembly that no one from outside the chamber can regulate the rule of the house from outside the chamber which the IGP and presidency cannot do anytin about. GEJ has to go through Tambuwal. We are all watching this politicians in HD

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Impeachment Plot Against Jonathan Thickens / PICTURE: Kano Shut Down By Buhari Campaign / Cambridge University Clears buhari Over Alleged Forged Wasc result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.