Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno (38533 Views)

Thousands Return To Borno After Boko Haram Ouster / 5,000 Soldiers Involved In Fight Against Boko Haram Get Promotion / 50 Heavily Armed Soldiers Deployed To Nyesom Wike‘s Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by vizboy(m): 12:45pm On May 15, 2013
yeboyes:

[b]I agree with what you have said as it is the ultimate truth.Without advanced intelligence gathering techniques in place ,our boys will just be shooting innocent people at will and will even fall into ambush on the regular.It may however be too late for them to get good intelligence at this stage as this should have been done at least a few months before this SOE.

The DSS or DMI should have planted moles inside Boko Haram sect at least a year ago who would have been giving them info on what BK planns to do next.I however doubt that this has happened as over the past 3 years Boko haram has carried out numerous attacks successfully and caught the security forces napping.

The Nigeria factor always messes things up in the end.Our Military and security services needs a shake up at the top. Competent and well knowledgable men like me should be hired to restore some discipline to these sectors. Our Military is anything but competent ,we should be glad that we have never faced a formidable force otherwise we will realize how indiscipline,lack of foresight,lack of of commitment and planning has weakened our armed forces.Did we not get our asses kicked in Bakassi by Cameroon's army?[/b]
I Read through all ur post and somebody came to mind. Hmmm MUSIWA
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by maclatunji: 12:46pm On May 15, 2013
Burger01:

Talking with both sides of his mouth..

You can't deceive us Mac and I tell you won't see the border. Why chicken out!! Oh, I see.. you want information on the border security so you would be able to strategise your escape route and that of your brethren..

Don't chicken out just yet.. this is just the beginning..

sad

This is actually hilarious.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 15, 2013
Uziehot: wen u talk of intelligence,d sss wil partner wit d nigerian army intelligent corp 2 gather info.
dis is whr we nid SAS in nigeria.Its a special military inteligence group that a equiped tecnologically,they can monitor any damn tin going on troughout the state.How many state in nigeria even av cctv security camaras to make dis work.If dis tecnology was around long ago boko haram wuld b pas tense by by now...Nigeria really av a long way to go.Military Technology wil go a long way to maintain national security.God help Nigeria o
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Parohfrey(f): 12:48pm On May 15, 2013
babyosisi:

Which ashawo business
Soldier go pay?
I Pity the Young women in those towns
Solders are first class rap.ists

Ayanma.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by maclatunji: 12:51pm On May 15, 2013
maryjames9: You say Nigeria border? Which one of them? Do we even know their number? Anyways, Gej has finally found his balls. Fresh air

Very stale air. Things should not have gotten to the level it has. By the way, you need to do a lot more than deploy boots on ground to curb violence in the North and other parts of Nigeria too. There are too many non-state parties with weapons as we saw in Nasarawa last week.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by maclatunji: 12:53pm On May 15, 2013
Aksally:

For the first time in my NL life this is the first contructive statement coming from you.

LOL... am I supposed to care?
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by maclatunji: 12:55pm On May 15, 2013
SLIDE waxie: are u tryin to ask the military to tight up the borders?
Are u scared of ur brothers' insurgent now?
Come on mac, dnt deny ur haramic bloods now! U can make ur home available to them!
grin

Point to one of my posts that supports insurgency.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by coogar: 12:55pm On May 15, 2013
shymexx:
This is just laughable bordering ridiculous. Who told you the American doctrine is "don't shoot until you are shot at?" Perhaps, you're oblivious to what happened in Fallujah. grin NATO don't two Fs about rules of engagement - they shoot and bomb everything moving or stationery. They will bomb you back to the stone age with napalms and white phosporous just for not liking your darn face - that's how brutal they're.

NATOs are pussiës......they are only excellent when it comes to aerial assault. on land, i trust the nigerian army than the brits/americans. america lost in mogadishu, they lost in vietnam.

They have got good intelligence, yet BH controls 27 out of the 28 LGAs area in Bornu, no? Also, how come their good intelligence hasn't stopped their barracks from being bombed and attacked by BH? And the good intelligence also allowed BH to go from being a rag-tag group with sticks and stones - to the sophisticated version with IEDs, no?

controlling 27 out of 28 LGA is not the doing of the nigerian army. that's exactly what i have been telling you. up until now, there hasn't really been any seriousness from the FG to combat boko haram. the war starts now, what happened in the past was just a riot!

If that's what the standard for good intelligence is in the Nigeria army, then they might as well stop wasting tax payers money to fund that crap, to be honest.

our army is the 4th best peace-keeping force in the world. recently, the UN honoured some 1500 soldiers of ours for the excellent job they did in west africa. you really underestimate your military.

However, they have captured tons of their alleged foot soldiers(including one Kabiru Sokoto and Al qaqa) yet BH has continued to grow by leaps and bounds.. So, who's fooling who? He knows who the sponsors are and he needs to stop wasting everyone's time. Arrest the mofos and blow their brains out - se fini!!

arguing with you can be tedious.
up until now, every member arrested were soon released back by the corrupt northern government. state of emergency has now been declared. the troops now control the activities of borno state - the powers of the state government have been taken away from them temporarily.

So, did the Nigerian army win the Sierra Leone civil war by itself? The tides turned when the British and Indian special forces got there... The Nigerian army only won the battle for Freetown - the rest of the war was won by a combination of many countries and the locals.

nigeria contributed the most soldiers - the administrators of ECOMOG were mostly nigerians. the nigerian army won that war.

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by born2fuckpussy: 12:56pm On May 15, 2013
;Dif anyone have better informationn to give, why not go to maiduguri.....
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by splashbaby(m): 12:59pm On May 15, 2013
Policewoman: 6000 police officers were deployed and NOT soldiers. Get that through your thick skull, silly.
Mumu united...100 of your fellow officer were slaughtered like chicken and you bring up your ugly face here using a stewpid name talking nonesense..didn't the American police achieve their aim.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 1:00pm On May 15, 2013
Emmadani: dis is whr we nid SAS in nigeria.Its a special military inteligence group that a equiped tecnologically,they can monitor any damn tin going on troughout the state.How many state in nigeria even av cctv security camaras to make dis work.If dis tecnology was around long ago boko haram wuld b pas tense by by now...Nigeria really av a long way to go.Military Technology wil go a long way to maintain national security.God help Nigeria o

when we talk about intelligence agencies in Nigeria the only thing that comes to peoples mind is SSS. we have other security agencies like: D.M.I ( directorate of military intelligence), N.I.A ( National intelligence tangency), DSS ( Department of State Services also known as SSS), D.I.A (Defence Intelligence Agency), F.I.I.B (Federal Investigation and Intelligence Bureau)
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 15, 2013
@Coogar

Those military toys that you posted belong to Ukraine.. grin

Can't you see their national colours on the toys? undecided
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 15, 2013
Nigeria have the capacity to b among the best armed forces in the world,our govt knw wat to do but because of selfish interest they wil not do the right tin...Sha they say dis is demoCRAZY..,
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by splashbaby(m): 1:10pm On May 15, 2013
clemmonce: what can one do to please maggots like u. wen he did not deploy soldiers to this areas u were talking now he has deployed u are stil talking. u are a maggot.
You and your clueless masters are stewpidly displaying your foolishness in public...come with a sensible statistic and not this pedestrain debate...ooponu akin dani dani...what were the soldiers doing all these years
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 15, 2013
firetrap:

when we talk about intelligence agencies in Nigeria the only thing that comes to peoples mind is SSS. we have other security agencies like: D.M.I ( directorate of military intelligence), N.I.A ( National intelligence tangency), DSS ( Department of State Services also known as SSS), D.I.A (Defence Intelligence Agency), F.I.I.B (Federal Investigation and Intelligence Bureau)
if its so fine...,but the main tin is are they well equiped technologically?...The only way most western state thrive well in national security is tru technology.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 1:17pm On May 15, 2013
firetrap:

who told you such rifles are affordable and cheap. one of such cost close to 13k dollars for the standard version without any other accessories. please don't be quick to trash the weapons we use. the US still issues its soldiers with m16s and m14s and not every AK you see is an Ak 47. we have different variants of the AK in our inventory

[b]$13,000 for what? Who will buy it? The average cost of FN Scars are between $2000 to $4000 depending if it is light or heavy version as well as if accessories are included. Now that price is the price i can buy it as a civilian at the local gun store.If the Nigerian Military wants to order the full auto version ,they will sell it to them cheaper as they are buying in bulk.The most important accessories that most of the troops should have is the red dot sight.The milion our politicians steal is enough to arm the boys who go and risk their lives for us.

I am aware that Ak-47 comes in different variants but the accuracy at long range and recoil problems remain similar amongst all the variants.I own an Ak-47 amongst other weapons and i love it but i know it's limitation.The recoil affects accuracy especially in a situation where you have to use supressive fire or even if you are trying to get out of a jam.It also has a forward grip accessory which helps to stabilize the barrel for precision shooting and further reduce recoil.

The FN Scar has lighter recoil and with a longer barrel is deadly accurate meaning you use less bullets to hit your target dead center. I also like the weight distribution of the FN scar .I take my rifles to the range on the weekends and i compare both and to be honest the FN Scar is just Sweet to use.I tell you if you give our boys FN scar they will dump AK-47 in a Jiffy.

The usual excuse people make for the Ak-47 is that it never jams but in a combat situation ,soldier are more concerned about hitting their target than their weapons jamming.Even if your rifle jams ,you will switch to your pistol.The FN Scar rarely jams and only does so after it has fired quite a lot of rounds.

Let me share some videos of the FN Scar with you:

FN Scar L (Light)or FN Scar 16 (Light) .The both fire the 5.56 Nato Rounds
[/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-FmhKZxXkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5AXc1wXzws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2KQ4r3f9cs

FN Scar H (Heavy) or FN Scar 17 (Heavy) They fire the 7.62 rounds like the AK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=G1bBFc1lE3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJOhOUNIZeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZjpxskLG4I
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 15, 2013
coogar:
NATOs are pussiës......they are only excellent when it comes to aerial assault. on land, i trust the nigerian army than the brits/americans. america lost in mogadishu, they lost in vietnam.

Asian tigers are nothing to joke with - and the Vietnam army would defeat the Nigerian army within a month in a conventional war lool. Just take a look at the Nigerian army's inventory - and L.O.L. FML!! grin Comparing NATO's ground forces to Nigerian army shows you need to read more about war doctrine. Nigerian army isn't even top 5 in Africa.

controlling 27 out of 28 LGA is not the doing of the nigerian army. that's exactly what i have been telling you. up until now, there hasn't really been any seriousness from the FG to combat boko haram. the war starts now, what happened in the past was just a riot!

But they've been there for 2 years. They have no excuse whatsoever. The only thing that has changed is that GEJ made it public - it's basically still the same thing they've been doing for 2 solid years.

our army is the 4th best peace-keeping force in the world. recently, the UN honoured some 1500 soldiers of ours for the excellent job they did in west africa. you really underestimate your military.

Peace-keeping is different from confrontation. The "shoot when you're shot at" doctrine applies to peace-keeping and that's why Nigeria has been able to excel in that area. In a full blown war, I honestly doubt the competence and discipline of the Nigerian armed forces.

nigeria contributed the most soldiers - the administrators of ECOMOG were mostly nigerians. the nigerian army won that war.

They contributed most of the soldiers and those indiscipline soldiers also fathered about 500,000 kids in that country... grin grin

They won Freetown after they were crushed by the RUF. I applaud them for winning Freetown but UNAMSIL won the war.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by coogar: 1:19pm On May 15, 2013
shymexx: @Coogar
Those military toys that you posted belong to Ukraine.. grin
Can't you their national colours on the toys? undecided

you must be kidding - they belong to NAF!

shymexx:
Asian tigers are nothing to joke with - and the Vietnam army would defeat the Nigerian army within a month in a conventional war lool. Just take a long at the Nigerian army's inventory - and L.O.L. FML!! grin Comparing NATO's ground forces to Nigerian army shows you need to read more about war doctrine. Nigerian army isn't even top 5 in Africa.

nigerian army is the best in africa.....are you kidding me?

But they've been there for 2 years. They have no excuse whatsoever. The only thing that has changed is that GEJ made it public - it's basically still the same thing they've been doing for 2 solid years.

boko haram had the backing of borno state government in the past! state of emergency has been declared in borno which effectively means JTF don't have to answer to the state again. they would deal with boko haram in their own way!

Peace-keeping is different from confrontation. The "shoot when you're shot at" doctrine applies to peace-keeping and that's why Nigeria has been able to excel in that area. In a full blown war, I honestly doubt the competence and discipline of the Nigerian armed forces.

you are kidding me - peacekeeping involves confrontation. it's even worse than full blown war. peacekeepers are enemies to all the rebel groups involved in the civil war.

They contributed most of the soldiers and those indiscipline soldiers also fathered about 500,000 kids in that country... grin grin

those are war trophies! what do you expect?

They won Freetown after they were crushed by the RUF. I applaud them for winning Freetown but UNAMSIL won the war.

24 February 1999: ECOMOG troops and the Civil Defence Forces militia have pushed rebel forces out of Waterloo, ECOMOG spokesman Lieutenant-Colonel Chris Olukulade said on Wednesday. Waterloo is 18 miles from Freetown. "The battle to flush the rebels who had made bases in Waterloo Town and in the forest around the town started on Saturday. Yesterday, we were able to crush them finally and fully deploy in the town," he said. "Our flushing of the rebels from Waterloo and the surroundings means Freetown is now safe, for the time being, from the threat of rebel attacks." Olukulade said ECOMOG had used tanks and planes in the military operation, and had also captured Benguema, the site of a major military barracks. Radio France International reported Wednesday that ECOMOG was continuing to use Nigerian Alpha jet fighters to bomb the hills around Waterloo where rebel forces are believed to be located.

27 January: Fighting was reported Wednesday on the eastern edge of Freetown. ECOMOG task force commander Brigadier-General Abu Ahmadu said the force was targeting rebel hide-outs in the hills overlooking Kissy, Wellington, and Calaba Town. The Agence France-Presse (AFP) said Wednesday morning's shelling was the most intense in three weeks of fighting in and around the capital. An ECOMOG spokesman said Guinean and Ghanaian ECOMOG troops advancing from Port Loko to the east had linked up with their Nigerian counterparts along the main road. He said the ECOMOG force would now concentrate their efforts on "flushing out" rebels from the nearby hills.

Fleeing residents told Reuters that several hundred rebels appeared to be in control of parts of the eastern suburbs, but that their numbers were increased by rebels who descended from the hills at night. Sustained small arms fire was also heard from the western edge of the capital, causing panic among residents. The spokesman said the shooting was from ECOMOG troops who had fired into the air during a search for rebel infiltrators at Juba Barracks, which houses soldiers of the disbanded Sierra Leone Army. Fighting in Freetown has created some 500,000 displaced persons in the city, Bishop George Biguzzi told the Italian Missionary Service News Agency (MISNA) . "The eastern sector of Freetown, where most of the heavy fighting took place in the last weeks, is the most critical considering it is also the poorest area of the city," Biguzzi was quoted as saying.Spanish journalist Javier Espinosa was released on Wednesday, two days after he and French journalist Patrick Saint Paul were taken prisoner by AFRC/RUF rebels.

His released came after Saint Paul, who was freed on Monday, disclosed the contents of a rebel communiqué in a BBC interview. The rebels had demanded that their message be read over the BBC before they would release Espinosa. Espinosa told his newspaper, El Mundo, that only two of six Sisters of Charity nuns kidnapped last week were still alive. He said three of the nuns were killed in an exchange of fire between the the rebels and ECOMOG troops, and were buried in the hills near the rebel camp where he was held captive. A fourth nun was murdered on Friday. The rebels said they would kill the remaining two nuns if ECOMOG attacked their camp again.

shymexx, i have the full diary of the war in sierra leone! i don't want to post everything before the thread gets derailed. the nigerian army kicked RUF's aśses back then.

11 JAN: There was renewed heavy fighting between ECOMOG troops and AFRC/RUF rebels in the central part of Freetown on Monday, Reuters reported, quoting witnesses. The BBC and Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported that there had been heavy casualties on both sides, and said rebels had used non-combatants as human shields, resulting in civilian casualties. At Lungi International Airport, numerous ECOMOG casualties were brought in, while journalists and a pilot who had flown over the city reported seeing many uniformed bodies lying in the streets. "There is continued shelling and gunfire from the central district. It started around 9.00 a.m.," one witness said.

BBC West Africa correspondent Mark Doyle reported that the rebels had set fire to Freetown. "Whole streets have been burnt down," he said. "The United Nations military headquarters has been burnt down, the roof collapsed. As a result it’s completely destroyed. Other buildings, government buildings, have been set on fire by the rebels, and it seems that what they can’t have they’re going to destroy." A local journalist who walked on Monday morning through parts of the city behind ECOMOG lines, including Tengbeh Town, Brookfields, Congo Cross, and Pademba Road, said many houses had been burned. From a distance, he said, he could see the telephone exchange (SLET) and the City Hall on fire, while a thick cloud of smoke hung over the city, obscuring some buildings.

The ECOMOG force said Monday it was gradually regaining control of the city. While claims of who controls various parts of Freetown are difficult to confirm independently, Doyle said ECOMOG appeared to be making advances. "I do know though that the Nigerian-led forces have entered an area, quite an important area of the city, where they weren’t yesterday, and the Nigerians say that they are advancing, and that certainly does appear to be the case," he said. ECOMOG commander Major-General Timothy Shelpidi said his troops had secured the port and State House, and were pushing the rebels southeast towards "Kissy, Wellington, and Calaba Town." The AFP reported that Nigerian Alpha fighter jets made continuous sorties from Lungi on Monday, while helicopters ferried in ECOMOG and Kamajor reinforcements and evacuated casualties. The government's spokesman, Minister of Information, Communication, Tourism and Culture Dr. Julius Spencer, claimed that ECOMOG had retaken the central part of the city reached the eastern parts of the capital. "They should have gone past the Cline Town roundabout and probably are now in the Kissy area," he said. Spencer acknowledged that ECOMOG had met stiff resistance from rebel forces at Kingtom, Brookfields, Tengbeh Town, and Pademba Road.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by OdionOdion: 1:19pm On May 15, 2013
Please somebody should tell Lia Mohammend and ACN members GEJ action is for interest of Nigerians irrespetives of tribes,political persuation or religion.There is problem in Nigeria in GEJ is solving,enough of childish criticisms from Lia and ACN
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 1:21pm On May 15, 2013
Emmadani: if its so fine...,but the main tin is are they well equiped technologically?...The only way most western state thrive well in national security is tru technology.

yes they are, the only problem with security in this country is the lack of political will to safeguard the nation.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 15, 2013
coogar:

you must be kidding - they belong to NAF!

The white-blue-red insignia on those toys tells you all you need to know.

Isn't green-white-green our national colours? undecided
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by JuniorSali: 1:25pm On May 15, 2013
The states were thereby asked to redeploy their women cross the east, west & south. 9ice development. Oga operator, the rules even pass 10 commandment"
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by maclatunji: 1:25pm On May 15, 2013
OdionOdion: Please somebody should tell Lia Mohammend and ACN members GEJ action is for interest of Nigerians irrespetives of tribes,political persuation or religion.There is problem in Nigeria in GEJ is solving,enough of childish criticisms from Lia and ACN

It is called politics. GEJ has the job to manage the security threats to Nigeria's unity, growth and development. The opposition will almost always come up with a different opinion. GEJ was sleeping for way too long, it is these same opposition that you are trying to castigate that have been screaming that the killings are unacceptable. GEJ was busy saying, "he is on top of the situation". How about not having a "situation" at all?
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by maclatunji: 1:27pm On May 15, 2013
shymexx:

They could be "tokunbo" from Ukraine? undecided It is not like we manufacture such in Nigeria.
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 1:33pm On May 15, 2013
firetrap:

yesman or whatever you call yourself, I believe that your a matured adult with pubic hairs. please stop comparing the Nigerian military structure with that of other nations. our so called ancient navy flagship which was hitherto listed as inoperable and grounded on Wikipedia showed up during the centenary celebration in Brazil and won an award even in the presence of aircraft carriers. Battles are won not by the amount of equipment a nation has but by how they are used

[size=15pt]You see this is the attitude i hate about our people.We are are having a mature conversation and you are getting angry and insulting me.If you are a soldier then you are undisciplined and do not have self control.I am not a soldier but i am a trained combatant but i know how to behave in public because i was trained by one of the best tactical assault tutors in the world.Gra gra no dey solve anything.Keep your emotions in check and let us debate like civilized men.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by loswhite(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2013
splashbaby: US Boston Marathon bombing: 2 killed and more than 6000 officers deployed. Nigeria Boko Haram bombing so far: Over 4000 killed and 2000 officers deployed plus probably another 2000 already on ground making 4000. GEJ is a joke
6000 officers and 2000 soldiers are they the same ?
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by firetrap(m): 1:37pm On May 15, 2013
yeboyes:

[b]$13,000 for what? Who will buy it? The average cost of FN Scars are between $2000 to $4000 depending if it is light or heavy version as well as if accessories are included. Now that price is the price i can buy it as a civilian at the local gun store.If the Nigerian Military wants to order the full auto version ,they will sell it to them cheaper as they are buying in bulk.The most important accessories that most of the troops should have is the red dot sight.The milion our politicians steal is enough to arm the boys who go and risk their lives for us.

I am aware that Ak-47 comes in different variants but the accuracy at long range and recoil problems remain similar amongst all the variants.I own an Ak-47 amongst other weapons and i love it but i know it's limitation.The recoil affects accuracy especially in a situation where you have to use supressive fire or even if you are trying to get out of a jam.It also has a forward grip accessory which helps to stabilize the barrel for precision shooting and further reduce recoil.

The FN Scar has lighter recoil and with a longer barrel is deadly accurate meaning you use less bullets to hit your target dead center. I also like the weight distribution of the FN scar .I take my rifles to the range on the weekends and i compare both and to be honest the FN Scar is just Sweet to use.I tell you if you give our boys FN scar they will dump AK-47 in a Jiffy.

The usual excuse people make for the Ak-47 is that it never jams but in a combat situation ,soldier are more concerned about hitting their target than their weapons jamming.Even if your rifle jams ,you will switch to your pistol.The FN Scar rarely jams and only does so after it has fired quite a lot of rounds.

Let me share some videos of the FN Scar with you:

FN Scar L (Light)or FN Scar 16 (Light) .The both fire the 5.56 Nato Rounds
[/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-FmhKZxXkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5AXc1wXzws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2KQ4r3f9cs

FN Scar H (Heavy) or FN Scar 17 (Heavy) They fire the 7.62 rounds like the AK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=G1bBFc1lE3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJOhOUNIZeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZjpxskLG4I

thank God you said 3 or 4k dollars for the civilian variant. military rifles and civilian rifles are not one and the same

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by seunny4lif(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2013
life_style: If those soldiers are the ones deployed then This will not be funny. i swear.. freaking scary
Na true ooh
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by egoldman(m): 1:48pm On May 15, 2013
francis4real: No mercy shoot to kill. Pls God u know my heart desires, pls hw can u split us from this evil doers known as northerners?
meeen, na young boys like me oooh .
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by egoldman(m): 1:49pm On May 15, 2013
illitrate: f
meen na young boys like me oooh .
Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by yeboyes: 1:51pm On May 15, 2013
shymexx:

[b]You know the problem with some of the bloggers here,they have blind patriotism.I am a naija born, foreign trained operator.I love my country but i don't dable in tomfoolery. The Nigerian Army in it's current state can not fight many countries.

We have the money to make our boys the best but years of corruption ruined that and now we are playing catch up.Do you know that our navy just established a navy commando unit in 2005 or was 2006 ? They call them special boat services ,i mean what a stupid name? In the Us they are called seals but we name our own special boat services It shows you that those in charge of our Military are clueless. How can you name a set of naval special forces unit "special boat services"? The name does not even go with the function of the unit.

It is the same way government buildings in Nigeria are built to look like Islamic or Arabic symbols. Talk about a bunch of donkeys running the country! Aso rock looks like a huge mosque and so does the senate buildings. We have lost the plot completely and unless competent people are brought back into leadership we will remain at this level, incompetent , dumb and useless.

Take a look at India Army, those guys know what they are about. Their Government is shelling money on their military like crazy. They even partnered with Russia on the Su 50 PAK FA 5th generation fighter jet programme. This means that in about 3 years India will have one of the best fighter jets in the world that can take on any fighter jet even from USA. The Indians have intelligent leaders who understand the importance of the well-equipped military.

Iran today can give USA the middle finger because they are well armed and are about to become a nuclear power. Nigeria on the hand is accepted a world war 2 navy ship from USA as a gift, in order words the US military sees Nigeria as a dumping ground for outdated hardware. We have useless leader and useless military leader finish and klaar!

All these people who are making noise have forgotten that common Cameroon use our nose blow trumpet for bakassi and our soldiers ran for dear life,abi i lie.I have got nothing against the soldier but i am not happy with the security chiefs.We should be number one in Africa with all the money we make but we are not[/b]

1 Like

Re: 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno by mistiff007(m): 1:55pm On May 15, 2013
Nice move,and its about time to acquire some APACHE AH-64.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

House In Rowdy Session As PDP Loses Members To APC / Bisi Akande's Daughter, Wuraola Weds. Saraki, Yemi Osinbajo Attend (photos) / Edo 2020: Copy Of Philip Shuaibu's Resignation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.