Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always (23933 Views)

FRSC Officials In Ibadan Sitting In Their Van Carelessly / Remotely Follow Your Vehicle Repairs Online / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Abbeyme: 10:58am On May 15, 2013
VEHICLE CHECK LIST
Certain gadgets are expected to be carried in vehicle at all times to meet the requirements of the law. These include;

1. Warning triangle (C-caution)
2. Fire extinguisher
3. Jack
4. Spare type
5. First aid kit
6. Wheel spanner
7. Water
8. Hydraulic
9. Transmission fluid
10. Torch light
11. Spare fan belt.

DRIVE SAFE TO SAVE LIVES.

https://www.facebook.com/federalroadsafetycorps/posts/10151468598612017

5 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Abbeyme: 11:01am On May 15, 2013
Publishing this list is commendable but the inclusion of First Aid box and spare fan belt beats my immediate comprehension.
Fellow nairalanders what's ur opinion.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Kadata(m): 2:26pm On May 15, 2013
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 15, 2013
BRAKE OIL DOT3
EXTRA MONEY IN CASE YOU NEED TO PAY A TOW TRUCK grin grin
WHEEL CLAMP SO ALL THE AREA BOYS WILL NOT TIF YO CAR AT NIGHT

7 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:29pm On May 15, 2013
Abbeyme: Publishing this list is commendable but the inclusion of First Aid box and spare fan belt beats my immediate comprehension.

I concur in totality, especially the spare fan belt. Good for regular travelers.

1 Like

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by femi4: 2:29pm On May 15, 2013
Abbeyme: Publishing this list is commendable but the inclusion of First Aid box and spare fan belt beats my immediate comprehension.
Your fan belt can cut at anytime without warning, it once happened to me along lagos-Ib exp way, i was lucky I was close to a city........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by lanetrips: 2:29pm On May 15, 2013
With the influx of fake fan belts,I think dats necessary.I av had to change my belt 3 times dis yr
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by oluwaju1lo(m): 2:29pm On May 15, 2013
tanx oh! police own nko? lol
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 15, 2013

I was just thinking same...in fact i exclaimed "ah ah " when i saw the post undecided
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by tspun(m): 2:30pm On May 15, 2013
what abt loaded pistle? incase those kidnappers shown up. U no say naija no save o.

3 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Abraham2013(m): 2:31pm On May 15, 2013
Also add a small gun incase ur car break down 4 bad area.

1 Like

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by pappilo(m): 2:31pm On May 15, 2013
Warning triangle (C-caution): Agree
Fire extinguisher: Shouldn't be compulsory but useful
Jack, Spare tyre and Wheel spanner: Some new cars e.g BMW have runflats and do not come equipped with these items.
Water: Stupid
Hydraulic: Dafuq is this?
Transmission fluid: Stupid
Torch light: Shouldn't be compulsory but useful
First aid kit: shouldn't be compulsory but useful
Spare fan belt: Stupid

With the list provided they might as well tell us to travel everywhere with our mechanic in the boot.

15 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 15, 2013
omoh na de first aid kit de confuse me oo.
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by lonelydora: 2:31pm On May 15, 2013
Thanks for the post, but I don't need these ones:
Spare fanbelt- I don't a drive a car thaT may not get me to where I'm goin.
Water- my car is too clean for overheating. First aid box- thinking about it because I travel a lot.
Hydraulic/Transmission fluid- no need for it, same reason for water.
Torch light- I have a Nokia torchlight phone.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by delors(m): 2:31pm On May 15, 2013
...and bullet proof vest in case of armed robbery attack. cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Lilimax(f): 2:32pm On May 15, 2013
fckyourman: Come buy for us, idiots telling us what to do with our own car.
Grow up guy. He just presented a check list to us.
No need for the insult. angry angry

3 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Janiobi(m): 2:32pm On May 15, 2013
Is condom allowed? wink grin wink, emergency fit happen any time oo... kiss
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 15, 2013
And all those Tokunbos that uses "Ball -joint" ...having a spare ball joint in your booth can save you time and money.

I've seen lots of vehicle arms pulling off at very awkward places and at very awkward times.
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by delors(m): 2:33pm On May 15, 2013
Lilimax:
Grow up guy. He just presented a check list to us.
No need of the insult. angry angry
Dont mind the boy, na on keke marwa he still dey jump up and down
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by BashMe1(m): 2:35pm On May 15, 2013
tspun: what abt loaded pistle? incase those kidnappers shown up. U no say naija no save o.

[size=20pt]C English Gun "incase those kidnappers shown up", Na wa![/size]
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by jamil2(m): 2:36pm On May 15, 2013
Speeed limit shouldn't also exceed 175k/hr.
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by BashMe1(m): 2:37pm On May 15, 2013
pappilo: Warning triangle (C-caution): Agree
Jack, Spare tyre and Wheel spanner: Some new cars e.g BMW have runflats and do not come equipped with these items.

With the list provided they might as well tell us to travel everywhere with our mechanic in the boot.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin [size=20pt]BAdT GuY, @Mechanic in the boot... u c dat one talk o[/size]
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 15, 2013
Gun
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by jeffizy(m): 2:39pm On May 15, 2013
pappilo: Warning triangle (C-caution): Agree

It is clear most people making comments here dont have a car!
A car is a machine and can get faulty at anytime.
And while you are writting grammer about BMW, i will love to ask you if you've seen one run on flat before?

3 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Songitto(m): 2:40pm On May 15, 2013
fckyourman: Come buy for us, idiots telling us what to do with our own car.

Guy,why abusing nah,there is nothing bad in that. all does items are very essential........
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by jeffizy(m): 2:43pm On May 15, 2013
gboss4sure: omoh na de first aid kit de confuse me oo.
Wonder why you are confused.
You know the condition of our roads. Your car's first aid kit can help another accident victim get to the hospital alive.
Maybe we need to compile a list of what is in a first aid kit.
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by dgitrader(m): 2:44pm On May 15, 2013
lanetrips:
With the influx of fake fan belts,I think dats necessary.I av had to change my belt 3 times dis yr

Haa bros, 3 belts under 5months? Add a mechanic to your list o.

4 Likes

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by Okijajuju: 2:45pm On May 15, 2013
[b]Na wah for my country o!

First Aid box: As much as I think that this is a brilliant kit for everyone to have in their cars, homes and offices, I still dont think everyone should carry out first aid if they are not trained for it especially in accident cases where there is a very high chance of paralysis. This is the one thing the I believe that the FRSC should be aware of.

Fan Belt: Wetin concern agbero with overload?! How is this supposed to be a part of a drivers kit?! I cant even see where my fan belt is in my car let alone change it.

Hydraulic fluid: This should have been checked prior to leaving your house, and should you have need to top up your fluid ever so often, then maybe you shouldnt be driving that car around in the first place. Go check your brakes cos you may be leaking fluid and therefore a harzard.

Water: Really!! Like Really!! Water for what?! A bath or to drink?!

Torchlight: This shold be compulsury. However, it might come in handy oneday.

Jack, Spare tyre and wheel spanners - TOTALLY IMPORTANT.

Caution Sign - Absolutely important.

P.S: I just hpe say tomorrow, Police and FRSC no go stop me for road start to ask me for First aid box and fan belt.[/b]

1 Like

Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by floodplainymai(f): 2:47pm On May 15, 2013
@OP plz diffrentiate between fan belt and timing belt, cus my Mech advice I carry a spare timing belt always.

As for the post I will take note and make amend cus am guilty to the core....even my papers don xpire....thou av
Re: FRSC - Items You Must Have In Your Vehicle Always by kokoye(m): 2:49pm On May 15, 2013
Koboko or fan-belt for those unruly okada riders

They scratch ur car and all they want to do is beg....and make you look like ur the bad person angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Ways To Make Money With Your Car / Documents To Collect When Buying A Tokunbo Car In Nigeria / Catalytic Converters: How Mechanics, Dealers, Panel Beaters Are Ripping Off Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.