Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo (24661 Views)

Man Who Killed Policemen Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Bayelsa (photo) / Nigeria Rental Car Operator Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia(photos) / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:54pm On May 15, 2013
its not a just sentence. the family would do well to accept blood-money. undecided

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Dibiachukwu: 10:57pm On May 15, 2013
Capital punishment is unnatural and wrong. Life imprisonment is better.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:03pm On May 15, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Capital punishment is unnatural and wrong. Life imprisonment is better.

capital punishment is right in many cases but in this one, its a bit far-fetched. a settlement must be reached.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:04pm On May 15, 2013
life imprisonment is a burden on the govt. and on tax payers money for prison and prisoner maintenance.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:10pm On May 15, 2013
btw I thought Nigeria is a secular nation. why then did the judge say this: “You are to be hanged on your neck until you be dead and may God have mercy on your souls". angry angry angry angry

whatif they were Pagan convicts who bliv in many GODS or atheists who bliv in no God angry angry angry angry

they must change this! angry

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by mamagee3(f): 11:38pm On May 15, 2013
Justice must run its course
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 15, 2013
Rip
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by hardbody: 12:48am On May 16, 2013
Revolva: winkdeath by hanging....hhhhaaaa na dem crime be the highest...i beg ...this nation is just a nation of injustice..oya why dem never hang ..cecilia ibru ..or akingbola...or infact ..na wa ooooo

Cecilia and akingbola stole, they did not rob, definitions of each crime is as stated in the criminal code as it relates to either of the norther or southern part of the country. Kai God punish ignorance
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by DECOtech(m): 1:20am On May 16, 2013
Afam4eva: Was it murder or manslaughter?
It was murder
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nobody: 1:26am On May 16, 2013
They should have been put life imprisonment. Killing by hanging is something I don't really want to see condone in Nigeria. They can do it through leather injection if the crime really warrants death. But, it is of no use killing prisoners. They can be kept in the prison for life. Maybe somebody might change and be useful for fighting terrorists by recruiting him in the military. Why waste our people who could be useful in the war against terrors.?
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by OneNaira6: 1:39am On May 16, 2013
Life in prison without the possibility of parole is better. I just read an article where the Iranian smuggler got 5 years in prison while these set are sentenced to death. Nigeria's justice system is so wishy washy. I have no pity for them. You kill another human, your soul deserve death as well but what differentiate the person that sentenced them to death from them?
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nobody: 3:24am On May 16, 2013
trigar12: Ok. But they've not sentenced any police to death for killing people, all we hear is ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE. God dey o

^^^^^^^
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by collinslevi(m): 4:06am On May 16, 2013
hmmm na waooo so law way b like dis de all dis our leader come de misbehave
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by COOLDUN: 4:42am On May 16, 2013
exxell:

Are you ok? You misjudged my answer! I was like asking; "how does the killing of eight men bring back the already murdered man"? So if you kill them, he will come back to life abi? The US u talked about are already making serious efforts to abolish that hideous law! Maybe when they abolish it finally, thats when we follow suit because we are total copy cats! By the way have you forgotten what Mahatma Ghanddhi said about an eye for an eye? My dear, stop using ur arsse to reason.... Its the job of the brain!

You are exposing your stupidity more why? so they should be left to go home because they are 8 in number right? what happens to the killed man? who are you to question the law of the land? there is a punishment for killing someone in the country , if you kill and prove beyond reasonable doubt to be the killer, you must be killed.

I do pray that 8 people will connive/conspire and kill your dearly one,and later they would be freed because killing them will not bring back your slain father/mother/brother/sister back to life.

You are a slowpoke, please stop exposing your foolishness more. There is no anarchy in the land, who kills must be killed if proved culpable to the crime. People like you just come to nairaland to claim civilized while you are bush people.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by LandofMH: 4:48am On May 16, 2013
Afam4eva: Was it murder or manslaughter?

There was a plot .....a premeditation, so manslaughter is ruled out; its a murder!
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by UgooJosh: 5:11am On May 16, 2013
OH MY GOD!!! WHAT HAPPENS TO THEIR SOULS? WHERE WILL THEY SPEND ETERNITY?
Death is a debt that we all must pay (Notwitstanding the means of death). Be it sooner or later, we must all answer the 'Ultimate Call'. And once the curtain is drawn, there is no coming back to this planet; eternity commences immediately (where life is without end). The ALL-IMPORTANT QUESTION then becomes "HOW (OR WHERE)WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY?". Even as i strike the keys of this laptop, the realities of HEAVEN and HELL posses too mystic, that i can hardly comprehend it exhaustively. But i know that they're both real; even more real than this present phase of natural life. Friends, let's repent of all our sins, live holy lives and secure a happy place for ourselves in eternity. Remember, ETERNITY MEANS 'NO END'. GOD BLESS YOU.

Joshua - 07034431961.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by sucessful1: 5:13am On May 16, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Shut up if you don't know about capital punishment even the US still practice it !

Am sorry but it is u dat don't kno wat u re saying,how can 8 pple commit one murder,it's impossible in court of law.ee,I wonder if they even had lawyers to defend them,if they did, then s/he is quack.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by iykmilo: 5:38am On May 16, 2013
Why death sentence? Countries are making moves to abolish death sentence while some stil derive pleasure in it. Killing eight for one is not justice.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Ilaje44(m): 5:51am On May 16, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Dumb question.

The article said "brutal murder" and you are talking about manslaughter.Are you a learner ?

Don't mind him. It sometimes baffles me how he put his senses to work.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Ilaje44(m): 5:58am On May 16, 2013
sucessful1:

Am sorry but it is u dat don't kno wat u re saying,how can 8 pple commit one murder,it's impossible in court of law.ee,I wonder if they even had lawyers to defend them,if they did, then s/he is quack.

Your argument is very valid. The victim was said to have been strangled. There must be more than one person involved, but the whole could not have committed the murder. One or more persons were definitely involved, while some just might have aided the actual murderers.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by eyescue(m): 7:05am On May 16, 2013
And i still ask my question, how many of Nigerian police have faced persecution for carrying out ilegal act such as killing innocent drivers for just refusing to give them #20 naira bribe. I hate this injustice. That judge deserves is .....oh i cant just get a freaking word for her. Bleep that law.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nozzle(m): 7:05am On May 16, 2013
Abeg that was too harsh o, how can you kill 8 people for just one person. Worse case scenerio the persons directly linked with the act get the death penalty and those accomplice get life sentences. One or two persons must have done the act itself. How can 8 people kill one man?

I wish there would be death sentence for corruption and looting of public funds like in china. grin grin
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Summersland(m): 7:33am On May 16, 2013
Chekenaaaaaaah wink
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by darkashes(m): 7:38am On May 16, 2013
blackmann: To be honest, are prisoners still being executed in Nigeria? The last time i heard someone actually being executed in the country was more than 10 years ago, when a bunch of thieves were shot at Odogbo military cantonment in Ibadan.
witnessed that shit..twas gory. My schoolmate then was amongst those that were shot that morning
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Nobody: 8:27am On May 16, 2013
Imanuelle: An eye for an eye.. .
Leaves everyone with no eye...
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Dagoma: 8:35am On May 16, 2013
Very good judgement. 'Hand for hand, eye for eye, leg for leg, ear for ear, LIFE for LIFE'

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Dagoma: 8:56am On May 16, 2013
sucessful1:

When two or more people unites to commit crime is what is called conspiracy in committing crime. Any single one of them (the criminals) may not have been succeeded in committing the crime without the contribution of the others. Contribution can be of any kind (information, money, action, or even mere support to the act). The same thing happen in corruption or any act of wrong doing. That is why if people unites to do good, all of them will be rewarded for the good deed. In a football team, you cannot only reward the goal scorer but the whole team cause the scorer can do nothing witout the support of others.

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Truckpusher(m): 10:17am On May 16, 2013
obadiah777: I GUESS NO MO NEW YAM FESTIVAL FOR THOSE 8 MEN grin grin

NO MO AKPU AND OFE ONUGBU NEITHER
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Afroconnect: 11:11am On May 16, 2013
very good,people that kill should be killed.
people that threatens people life with guns/cutlasses should be killed.
kidnappers should be killed.
the less of these barbarians we have in our society the better- for sanity,progress and development.

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Afroconnect: 11:13am On May 16, 2013
[quote author=DJDOLA]I thought there is no more hangi
EVEN AMERICA,FATHERS OF AMNESTY STILL SENTENCE MURDERS TO DEATH.IF WE FAIL TO KILL MURDERERS AND TERRORISTS-NIGERIAN WILL TURN TO A FAILED STATE,AS MORE OF THESE SCUMS WILL BE ALIVE TO TEACH AND TRAIN MORE NIGERIANS TO BE BARBARIANS LIKE THEM.
Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Afroconnect: 11:16am On May 16, 2013
Nozzle: Abeg that was too harsh o, how can you kill 8 people for just one person. Worse case scenerio the persons directly linked with the act get the death penalty and those accomplice get life sentences. One or two persons must have done the act itself. How can 8 people kill one man?

I wish there would be death sentence for corruption and looting of public funds like in china. grin grin
CULTISTS THAT HAVE KILLED,KILLERS AND ARMED ROBBERS SHOULD BE HANGED TILL THEY DIE.
WHEN CONVICTED,THEY SHOULD BE KILLED IMMEDIATELY.

1 Like

Re: 8 Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Imo by Afroconnect: 11:17am On May 16, 2013
Raymondenyi:
Leaves everyone with no eye...
NAH,RATHER ITS A STRONG DETERRENT TO OTHER FOOLS THAT MIGHT WANT TO KILL AND DESTROY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gang Which Specialized In Kidnapping And Sale Of Babies Busted In Anambra. Photo / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Enugu Communities, Three Residents Killed (Photo) / Jonathan & Holiness Ikpere Sentenced In UK For Selling Skin-Whitening Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.