Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,194 members, 7,839,064 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

ASUP Strike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUP Strike (82143 Views)

ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike / ASUP Strike Called Off With No Demand Fulfilled? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUP Strike by Kenneylee(m): 2:44pm On May 19, 2013
austushi1: Pls guys, I need to know if yct part time students are also part of d strike. My lil cousin told me that part time students are on session. The boy dey comot everyday, say him dey go school. Abeg doz in yct should help me out. Thanks

Pls Note: don't ask me y haven't I gone to make enquiries myself. Na wakawaka(husle) cos am!

Yep - PT students have been receiving lectures but they might be affected by the strike too very soon if the strike persists.
Re: ASUP Strike by larrytee(f): 2:48pm On May 19, 2013
[quote author=cyara]Instead of us fighting and biting off each others head here, lets all come together and fight against this strike, insulting words isn't the solution to anything instead lets join forces to make sure that the strike is called off soon. We can start sending emails on bbm and other social networks on the negative effects of the strike to the Nigerian student. ALUTA CONTINUA[/quote
Re: ASUP Strike by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 19, 2013
Kenneylee:

Yep - PT students have been receiving lectures but they might be affected by the strike too very soon if the strike persists.

Thanks n God bless!
Re: ASUP Strike by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:50pm On May 19, 2013
mariannlove: you need glasses.
You can get me one.
Badmushazan: u need glasses
You can get me one.
conc_acid: Must you display stupidity in everything?? I bet you don't even belong to ASUP nor ASUU! Stvpid NRTW id*iat!!
What I wrote did not warrant the nonsense you typed. ASUU & ASUP look alike.
You response shows how uncultured, ill-manared & senseless you are.
Learn manners before coming online to display your low IQ.
Re: ASUP Strike by bigsam360(m): 6:17pm On May 19, 2013
NAPS PRESIDENT DECLARES MASS PROTEST IN ABUJA. The RESIDENT of the National Association of Polytechnic Students has today declared a mass protest against the federal government come next week Tuesday May 21th in FCT Abuja. This was a swift reaction after yesterday meeting by ASUP where it was unanimously upheld that the strike must continue. Below is the full text of the NAPS president speech. Please read. -------------- The injustice that the entire Polytechnic Students of this country keep receiving from the federal government and all concerned authorities over the ASUP strike has reached its climax that the aluta forces of this formidable association must be unleashed to fight for our denied fundamental right. Its enough for us to tolerate people that have no passion for our future, we must react! Sequel to our non- compromising ultimatum given to the Federal Government as a firm and non-ground- shifting demand for swift action and progressive resolution with ASUP as a matter of necessity to save the lives of polytechnic students of this nation, it is extremely unpalatable as the storm refuses to be over, rather, students' lives keep dwelling in impoverishment and our government cares not! Should we continue to keep silent in the face of tyranny? Building on the current and genuine

2 Likes

Re: ASUP Strike by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 6:37pm On May 19, 2013
[quote author=Okiki_Oluwa]When I saw the topic, I thought it was ASUU strike.
Moves to the next thread.[/quote u r nt serious....r we nt one!
Re: ASUP Strike by Danzobs: 9:26pm On May 19, 2013
as @ 2day 19/5/013 wat is d latest on ASUP strike?
Re: ASUP Strike by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 19, 2013
Wisdytech: The federal govt. Is nt helping any matter in this case, if it could had been borrowing money from the world bank they could had SEND the request to the HOUSE OF REPS the next Day! My DATE is so tired being in the house.. If u kill her 4 me, be ready to kill me TOO
duh! Why u̶̲̥̅̊ no go stay with her for her house too since u're so caring?... Aboki!
Re: ASUP Strike by kelvin1191(m): 11:36pm On May 19, 2013
My advise to all the student is to get busy. I remember when Kadpoly went on strike (internal) in 2011, federal govt ignored them for 6month after the 1month warning strike. The Bad news is that JAMB av written their Exam if not, i would av advise ND students to register. Lets just pray they call off soon cos na only d students dey suffer am cos wether them teach or not, their salary go reach them.
Re: ASUP Strike by joephemzyz(m): 5:11am On May 20, 2013
austushi1: Pls guys, I need to know if yct part time students are also part of d strike. My lil cousin told me that part time students are on session. The boy dey comot everyday, say him dey go school. Abeg doz in yct should help me out. Thanks

Pls Note: don't ask me y haven't I gone to make enquiries myself. Na wakawaka(husle) cos am!

Na true ooh!......PT re receivin lectures.
Re: ASUP Strike by omodave(m): 11:03am On May 20, 2013
my fellow student what is the way forward, i just hv this week to make this decission abt my choice of sch bcus of my transcript, if i could organise protest i would done it wit all might
Am really huntered
Re: ASUP Strike by PrinceNicholas(m): 11:05am On May 20, 2013
Real pple..did u say months?..u must b sick in d head!Real pple..did u say months?..u must b sick in d head!Real pple..did u say months?..u must b sick in d head!
Re: ASUP Strike by OPEYEMIAD(m): 6:55pm On May 25, 2013
Any latest
Re: ASUP Strike by Holuhare99: 10:20am On May 27, 2013
pls any latest on ASUP STRIKE
Re: ASUP Strike by joephemzyz(m): 12:01pm On May 27, 2013
^.^ no new update bro.......we jus dey observe
Re: ASUP Strike by OPEYEMIAD(m): 6:52pm On May 28, 2013
Re: ASUP Strike by Sallybee: 9:51pm On May 28, 2013
any fed poly idah in d houz
Re: ASUP Strike by joephemzyz(m): 10:27pm On May 28, 2013
Any YCT fellow in here?
Re: ASUP Strike by kinggenesis(m): 9:20am On May 29, 2013
Sally bee: any fed poly idah in d houz
yea man
Re: ASUP Strike by jeff1000(m): 12:41pm On May 29, 2013
really annoyin,,dis govt just neglected us,,i no about d security issue,,but atleast they should hav set up a committee 2 look into it,,n they can continue wit their security tin,,they r not even shifting grounds atall,,neither ASUP too,,me i wan finish quick find my square root o,,,govt don't let wot happened in 1960 to repeat itself o,,has anyone heard,read,smelt,seen or felt anything about d strike?,,,,##shalom
Re: ASUP Strike by fabby26(m): 12:59pm On May 29, 2013
If ASUU is on strike, it will be on the rounds and I everybody will know about it even an unborn child still in belle, but come to strike action by Polytechnics and Colleges of Education, everybody will pay deaf ears, even the Minister. That's why the dichotomy between Uni and Poly will never be a thing of the past. I rest my case.
Re: ASUP Strike by OPEYEMIAD(m): 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2013
NUT don join them too o
Re: ASUP Strike by Freeanijoo(m): 11:52pm On Jun 06, 2013
I think the nigeria media is really bias on this asup strike bruhaha, i dont need to make comparison for my point to be visualised. If the government of nigeria is honest about encouraging her citizen to acquire technical skill for self empowerment therefore reducing unemployment, i dont see why they should discourage people from going to poly through her action and inaction. Please i would like to know if asup doesnt have the right to sue the government to court while the student go back to school?
Re: ASUP Strike by kinggenesis(m): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
ASUP STRIKE UPDATE
Information reaching us indicates that THE federal government have slated a date to dialogue over the
ongoing industrial action embarked upon by polytechnic
lecturers. NIPOSAC gathered that the 24th of June has been fixed for the supposed meeting in Abuja.

Also there are speculation that the
seven weeks old strike might be
suspended on that day if a compromise is reached.

Meanwhile on Wednesday 5th of
June, the south west wing of the Academic Staff Union Of Polytechnic met in Ibadan the capital of Oyo state to deliberate on the same strike issue.

NIPOSAC also learnt from a reliable source
that some faction of ASUP especially the 23 members of the
National Executive Council who voted for the suspension of the
strike at the last NEC meeting in May are wary of the harm the
prolong strike would have on the academic calender of their
respective institution.

However all hands are on desk toward the
forthcoming meeting in a fortnight which most stakeholders believe will break the cord of the strike
action either by unanimously
resolution or individually back-out.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=445442368886002&id=319456014817972&from_feed=1&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5886719801734206224%3Amf_story_key.414210438229619480
Re: ASUP Strike by marcelvictor(m): 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
i heard the strike has been cut out.FG hv agreed to comply wit asup.bori is resumin fully on monday.
Re: ASUP Strike by joephemzyz(m): 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
U sure abt dat bro?
Re: ASUP Strike by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 13, 2013
Dats a rumour jor!where did u get dat from!wherez ur source!
Re: ASUP Strike by PrinceNicholas(m): 11:24am On Jun 13, 2013
please where did u hear dat or in which site did u see it....and always be vry sure of wat u write cos dis a vry serious topic..
Re: ASUP Strike by Elbizzcklinz(m): 7:47pm On Jun 13, 2013
I agree with marcel victor, i heard it today in news... From the mouth of the minister of education that asup should suspend the strike and resume schools...from what she said that she never knew that they were still going on with the strike that the last meeting they had was towards suspending it but she was suprise to see asup on going strike on net. So she had to make this call for suspension.
Re: ASUP Strike by Elbizzcklinz(m): 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
Elbizzcklinz: I agree with marcel victor, i heard it today in news... From the mouth of the minister of education that asup should suspend the strike and resume schools...from what she said that she never knew that they were still going on with the strike that the last meeting they had was towards suspending it but she was suprise to see asup on going strike on net. So she had to make this call for suspension.
my source is from 93.9fm 6pm news rhythm Port harcourt.
Re: ASUP Strike by joephemzyz(m): 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
U guyz 4 real?........pls tok tu me somebody!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Problems Of Research Methodology In Nigeria / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.